The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 04:54 AM   #51
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Yeah, I always think of the helm as a huge identifying feature of Thor. Way more than his red cape, or other parts of his design. I think MARVEL Thor, and guy with long blond hair in a winged helmet springs to mind. I can say establishing the no head gear look for the character as the norm is one of my few nitpicks for the first film.

Old 07-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #52
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

^agreed, and the one minor nitpick i had with avengers was constantly calling him a "demi-god", or anything but "The God of Thunder".

C'mon Marvel, embrace it, he's a GOD, not a prince, not an alien, a GOD
screw the butt-hurt religious zealot types who'd get offended

Old 07-02-2013, 02:18 PM   #53
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
^agreed, and the one minor nitpick i had with avengers was constantly calling him a "demi-god", or anything but "The God of Thunder".

Er, they do say multiple times in the movie that Thor (and Loki) are gods. Black Widow mentions it in the plane to Captain America, Loki says it himself before the Hulk smashes him, Fury says it to the Council when Thor takes the Tesseract. The "demi-god" comment was only something that Stark said, for whatever reason. I highly doubt the religious fundies had a say in the script for the Avengers (Joss Whedon is an atheist after all).

Last edited by OstrichsRevenge; 07-02-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:29 PM   #54
BoredGuy
Killing Time

No i know they did say it
but the the big line was during Stark's spiel, which they put on all the commercials
then you have the Avengers cartoons referring to him as the "prince of thunder"
it was just the one small moment in Avengers, but I'm just talking more about Marvel's general apprehension about calling him a god in advertising and the like.

I still friggin loved that movie, and to all the "hulk beat thor" people, you're wrong, sorry.

Old 07-02-2013, 02:36 PM   #55
warriorking
Side-Kick

And none of the Avengers or anyone else on earth were going to be able to stop Thor from returning Loki and the Tesseract to Asgard....Its not like he ask permission, His directive from Odin was to return both....And lets not forget the only one Loki ever showed fear from was Thor.... You could see it when he first appeared and again near the end in the tower when stark gives the demigod line....

Last edited by warriorking; 07-02-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #56
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
The Thor boards just might be the most chill forum on the Hype.
We're currently bored. Don't get us started on production gossip and all encompassing ship war!

Old 07-02-2013, 02:56 PM   #57
sabetoonth
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
We're currently bored. Don't get us started on production gossip and all encompassing ship war!
Siiiiiiif

On a less kidding note, I honestly think Thor looks better without the helmet, but maybe that's just me and I don't think a god should prance around wearing headgear when he can toe to toe with the Hulk.

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
Old 07-02-2013, 02:57 PM   #58
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
It's not that deeply at all really, helmets are for protection that's pretty simple.
Yeah. But the helmets aren't for protection in the movie. The audience can tell that he doesn't need it. When I think of thor, I think of the big blondie with wings on his head, it's part of what MAKES his appearance for me, and for some people here as well. I love MCU thor, but as long as I see him without the helmet on screen, a part of me will always feel like it doesn't QUITE look like the thor I know, or the thor I paint in my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Yeah, I always think of the helm as a huge identifying feature of Thor. Way more than his red cape, or other parts of his design. I think MARVEL Thor, and guy with long blond hair in a winged helmet springs to mind. I can say establishing the no head gear look for the character as the norm is one of my few nitpicks for the first film.
this

Quote:

well, he is from a different dimension, with powers. Sounds godly to me.

Quote:
No i know they did say it
but the the big line was during Stark's spiel, which they put on all the commercials
then you have the Avengers cartoons referring to him as the "prince of thunder"
it was just the one small moment in Avengers, but I'm just talking more about Marvel's general apprehension about calling him a god in advertising and the like.

I still friggin loved that movie, and to all the "hulk beat thor" people, you're wrong, sorry.
as far as I see it, Thor won that fight

Old 07-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #59
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:

I don't see how they're really avoiding it, considering they used "God of Thunder" in the posters for the first film. The audience knows he's a god since we know his backstory in the film. The MCU characters meeting him for the first time would likely have a strong disbelief in that being true. You see CA and Stark have that disbelief in him being godly, but after seeing him in action again in NYC, I'm sure they and the rest of the MCU are likely to believe what he says.

Old 07-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #60
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Old 07-02-2013, 08:51 PM   #61
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Jane looks scared. Good thing Frigga is a badass with a weapon.

I never liked Jane.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:06 PM   #62
The_Mighty_Thor
Stay thy hand troll!

Maybe Jane is scared of Frigga

Old 07-02-2013, 09:08 PM   #63
warriorking
Side-Kick

Jane looks Damn hot in the Asgardian garb I have to admit...

Old 07-02-2013, 09:22 PM   #64
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

I wish they'd given NP a better wig. Amazing that they've sorted out CH's natural hair so that it looks great but Jane's stuck with a giant fake hive on her head.

The mono-boob armour for Asgardian ladies remains very disconcerting.

Old 07-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #65
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
The Thor boards just might be the most chill forum on the Hype.
It was like that during the first movie too.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 07-02-2013, 09:49 PM   #66
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Yeah. But the helmets aren't for protection in the movie. The audience can tell that he doesn't need it. When I think of thor, I think of the big blondie with wings on his head, it's part of what MAKES his appearance for me, and for some people here as well. I love MCU thor, but as long as I see him without the helmet on screen, a part of me will always feel like it doesn't QUITE look like the thor I know, or the thor I paint in my head.
That is also applicable to a certain other Avenger.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5 2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5 3. X-Men: Days of Future Past 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:13 PM   #67
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
It was like that during the first movie too.
Yeah, just in general.

Cap Boards: "WHO IS PLAYING CAP? NO ONE IS WORTHY!"
Thor Boards: "It's 'Chris Hemsworth'? Never heard of him. He'll be cool."

CB: "NO 3D WINGS??? NO EARS??? WHAT THE FUUUUUU--"
TB: "No helmet? No Donald Blake? A'ight."

Old 07-03-2013, 09:26 AM   #68
BoredGuy
Killing Time

^lol, and thats not to mention the other, more severe spots

to name a few I avoid at all costs: the Spidey boards, X-Boards, and Bat-boards

Bat boards will eat you alive for a bad word about their movies, where the X-boards try to make you feel like a terrible person if you disagree with them, and the spidey boards are just depressing.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:36 AM   #69
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick

Quote:

Bat boards will eat you alive for a bad word about their movies, where the X-boards try to make you feel like a terrible person if you disagree with them, and the spidey boards are just depressing.

I'd be depressed too in the Spidey boards. Poor bastards have to deal with "Saturday Night Fever" Peter Parker from the 3rd movie.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #70
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Yeah I totally noticed that as well. I'm a big X-Men fan but I don't bother posting over there much anymore.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #71
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:

YES!

The Spidey and Bat-boards are actually fun to go on months after the movie has been released.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5 2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5 3. X-Men: Days of Future Past 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #72
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:

I tried the TDKR board just after it came out and it got ugly on there if you didn't think the movie was the greatest thing ever. Haven't been back since. Never have gotten into the Spidey or X-Men boards because of what I've heard about them.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:24 PM   #73
T"Challa
Side-Kick

I gave up on the Spidey boards after that whole Shailene Woodley mess. I've seen some messed up stuff on these boards, but i've never been more embarassed to be a comic book fan than i was when those idiots were railing on her for not being 'hot enogh' to play Mary Jane.

Old 07-03-2013, 01:17 PM   #74
warriorking
Side-Kick

MOS boards are the much better, people agree to disagree...in my experience...

Old 07-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #75
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
I gave up on the Spidey boards after that whole Shailene Woodley mess. I've seen some messed up stuff on these boards, but i've never been more embarassed to be a comic book fan than i was when those idiots were railing on her for not being 'hot enogh' to play Mary Jane.
That was by far one of the biggest cluster***** I've seen over on the spidey boards. Some people complained about Kirsten Dunst not being hot enough as MJ but with Shailene it reached another level. There was some crazy Sexism and misogyny going on in there before the mods stepped in.