The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Old 06-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #726
PyroChamber
Chicka Chick-ahhhh

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

There's something that just came to mind recently, in the post credit scene did anyone else get the feeling that Tony and Banner were at the Avengers Tower in New York?

Quote:
Sometimes, it's so easy, I'm ashamed of myself.
PyroChamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:19 PM   #727
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

I assumed they were.

Old 06-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #728
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danalys View Post
nope. i found it appropriate for the film, but the zany version of it that plays over the credits just destroys any respect i have for it, and just bugs me.

i don't think it encapsulates the thematic elements of ironman i'd like it too. it's more about tony stark being a goof, than anything that is uniquely ironman.
so one bad track ruined the whole score?

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:46 PM   #729
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
so one bad track ruined the whole score?
Some people are just finding little things to rage at in the movie now if they didn't already like the movie much. I liked it since it was sort of a fun little way to wrap up the RDJ IM trilogy. Not everything needs to be so gloom and doom and serious, which I'm glad Marvel realizes.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:06 PM   #730
ctsketch
Side-Kick

it was not what I was expecting but def fun movie.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:06 AM   #731
Ironfan72
Golden Avenger

I really enjoyed the sound track, and the movie as a whole, but seems I am in the minority, for me, I do like serious tones, but not dark and depressing like Batman and even to a lesser extent MoS, Marvel has done a very good job finding a good mix, where DC seems to want the audiance to be depressed after seeing their films, might explain why MoS did not do as well the second week.
I do understand that on this site, we want these films to be 100% comic accurate, but movies don't make money targeting one group, if they did, there would not be more films, as the general audiances who dont know or care about the history of a character would not come, least of all multiple times like they did for Avengers and Iron man 3, we will see how they feel for Thor, whether that film gets the same GA reaction.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:12 AM   #732
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danalys View Post
nope. i found it appropriate for the film, but the zany version of it that plays over the credits just destroys any respect i have for it, and just bugs me.

i don't think it encapsulates the thematic elements of ironman i'd like it too. it's more about tony stark being a goof, than anything that is uniquely ironman.

Can You Dig It? playing over those clever end titles was perfectly brilliant, IMO. A lot of superhero movies end with forgettable, somewhat corny songs created for their soundtracks. Iron Man 3 had a stylized version of Tyler's theme as its ending, accompanied by stills of the characters. It was exciting, energetic and it worked for Tony Stark and his particular style.

BTW, I don't see Tony as a goof at all. He's brilliant, clever and dynamic, yet a very deep character with many layers of emotion. What seems to throw people is that Tony is quick-witted and sharply funny, as are the Iron Man films, and that is mistaken as a lack of depth and seriousness. At a basic level, the things that Tony has gone through in his four film career have been literally as serious as a heart attack, tremendously traumatic and hurtful to him. One doesn't develop severe PTSD and an anxiety disorder from funny experiences. Like many real people, however, Tony deals with the events in his life through humor; it's a coping mechanism for him. Behind all the witty one-liners he is still a deeply damaged man, albeit one who tells jokes and frantically builds armor as a defense against the threats he sees all around him.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:46 AM   #733
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Can You Dig It? playing over those clever end titles was perfectly brilliant, IMO. A lot of superhero movies end with forgettable, somewhat corny songs created for their soundtracks. Iron Man 3 had a stylized version of Tyler's theme as its ending, accompanied by stills of the characters. It was exciting, energetic and it worked for Tony Stark and his particular style.

BTW, I don't see Tony as a goof at all. He's brilliant, clever and dynamic, yet a very deep character with many layers of emotion. What seems to throw people is that Tony is quick-witted and sharply funny, as are the Iron Man films, and that is mistaken as a lack of depth and seriousness. At a basic level, the things that Tony has gone through in his four film career have been literally as serious as a heart attack, tremendously traumatic and hurtful to him. One doesn't develop severe PTSD and an anxiety disorder from funny experiences. Like many real people, however, Tony deals with the events in his life through humor; it's a coping mechanism for him. Behind all the witty one-liners he is still a deeply damaged man, albeit one who tells jokes and frantically builds armor as a defense against the threats he sees all around him.
I find it more than a little ironic that RDJ infuses Tony Stark with the actual personality that *Spider-Man* and *Hawkeye* should have always had in the movies. But, so far, neither has come even remotely close to that. Hopefully, TASM2 will remedy that --- it seems to be aiming more for comic-book purity, and may wind up being the most "authentic" Spidey movie to date.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:03 AM   #734
Ironfan72
Golden Avenger

Quote:

I agree, very well said.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:24 AM   #735
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I find it more than a little ironic that RDJ infuses Tony Stark with the actual personality that *Spider-Man* and *Hawkeye* should have always had in the movies. But, so far, neither has come even remotely close to that. Hopefully, TASM2 will remedy that --- it seems to be aiming more for comic-book purity, and may wind up being the most "authentic" Spidey movie to date.
judging by TASM2 set pics it looks like we may get the Spidey-troll we're looking for

Old 06-26-2013, 02:15 PM   #736
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
All that^.

I love what Black (& Pearce) did with IM3. Not only has it become one of my favourite superhero films but one of my favourite films in general.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Moridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:45 PM   #737
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Quote:

Thi, this and this again.

T"Challa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:03 PM   #738
chiefchirpa
Haaa-rooooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
RDJ makes Tony Stark likeable, something that Marvel has never done before in 40 years. This is the real cool exec, not the brooding one with expensive suit in most comic book. Ego balances out with frivolity & humor.

chiefchirpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:19 PM   #739
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Deconstructing The Scene: Attack On Air Force One: Jump into action with the stunt-team
skydivers in this close-up look at creating one of the movie’s most memorable scenes.

Exclusive Behind-The-Scenes Look – Marvel’s "Thor: The Dark World": Experience the spectacular new worlds, unforgettable characters, and pulse-pounding thrills of the upcoming blockbuster movie.

Marvel’s "Iron Man 3" Unmasked: Join cast and crew for a crash course in epic movie-making, Marvel style.

Gag Reel

Deleted & Extended Scenes

Audio Commentary with Drew Pearce & Shane Black

RELEASE DATE: September 24th, 2013

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

TheIrishAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:51 PM   #740
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Special Features look meh. They've been pretty lacking on several MCU films since IM1.

rashad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #741
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

at least there's a gag reel lol
I want the danged steel book tho

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:48 AM   #742
Danalys
Sol Invictus

Quote:

i was saying it fit the film as is and that particular track and montage encapsulated the goofiness that stark has more than any of his other qualities. reminded me of a tarantino film in ways, and while i find it an interesting choice, it seemed too out there for an ironman film. it's like the crew are having too much fun doing their own thing that it doesn't really matter to them that it's an ironman film.

by goofiness i mean his immaturity. the reason he's needed pepper in his life and the element of him pepper is trying to change over the course of the 3 films. altho the film seems to hint that being ironman at all might be part of that immature goofing around.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:30 AM   #743
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
at least there's a gag reel lol
I want the danged steel book tho
Wasn't the film itself a 75% gag reel!?

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

UnionJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:14 AM   #744
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionJack View Post
Wasn't the film itself a 75% gag reel!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.
Ms. Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:00 AM   #745
SilentWarriorZ
Side-Kick

Ironman is all about being Lucky and Fun loving , rich man which most people dream about.
he doesn't even get his Surgery done , he doesn't take anything seriously its not like batman who helplessly watched his parents get killed by thug ,now thats some serious stuff and most people don't like it cause it shows Truth of evil nature .
Ironman 3 did good to end the trilogy in its own style but lack seriousness eg : Fake Mandarin .

SilentWarriorZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:34 PM   #746
DarthDorranceBane
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWarriorZ View Post
Ironman is all about being Lucky and Fun loving , rich man which most people dream about.
he doesn't even get his Surgery done , he doesn't take anything seriously its not like batman who helplessly watched his parents get killed by thug ,now thats some serious stuff and most people don't like it cause it shows Truth of evil nature .
Ironman 3 did good to end the trilogy in its own style but lack seriousness eg : Fake Mandarin .
Yay! Let's bring down Iron Man so we can put Batman on a pedestal! CBMs are serious business!

DarthDorranceBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:54 PM   #747
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

After watching Man of Steel, I kinda appreciate Iron Man 3 even more than I did. When special effects and spectacle is being left aside for some character-driven plot. So when the action comes, it brings balance to the whole thing. Is like a design, not everything has to 'scream' all the time, not every white space needs to be filled. You know what I mean?
I wanted to say that.

DyeLorean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:02 AM   #748
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeLorean View Post
After watching Man of Steel, I kinda appreciate Iron Man 3 even more than I did. When special effects and spectacle is being left aside for some character-driven plot. So when the action comes, it brings balance to the whole thing. Is like a design, not everything has to 'scream' all the time, not every white space needs to be filled. You know what I mean? I wanted to say that.
Completely agreed. While I really liked some individual elements of MoS, my problems primarily had to do with Snyder's direction. Well, and Goyer's script, but to a lesser extent.

Snyder is like a surgeon who would rather use a sledgehammer than a scalpel to perform delicate surgery.

fixxxer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:21 PM   #749
samsnee
Side-Kick

Why couldn't Tony have used his arc reactor to power the suit when he was in Tennessee? I understand each suit probably has its own reactor at this point, but why can't the one in his body be used as a backup?

samsnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:32 AM   #750
Visualiza
What is a yout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeLorean View Post
After watching Man of Steel, I kinda appreciate Iron Man 3 even more than I did. When special effects and spectacle is being left aside for some character-driven plot. So when the action comes, it brings balance to the whole thing. Is like a design, not everything has to 'scream' all the time, not every white space needs to be filled. You know what I mean?
I wanted to say that.

Wholeheartedly agree.

Visualiza is online now   Reply With Quote