The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #951
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Default Re: Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion

Did you guys see this IGN interview with Clark Gregg? I thought this quote in particular was interesting:
Quote:
Gregg: ...And the exciting part is going to be seeing the way that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. interacts with the S.H.I.E.L.D. component in Captain America 2, and the other movies, and whether those movies will then effect our show ... My sense is that Marvel uses everything at their disposal and that nothing will happen on our show that will not impact, or be impacted by, the movies.
There's also an interview with Chloe Bennet from Wednesday, which was already posted in the Skye thread...

Last edited by spideymouse; 06-21-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:35 PM   #952
OB12
Side-Kick

That's awesome. I was really hoping that there would be some threads in the show that tie into Cap2 and now it sounds like there will be. I'd love to see Batroc pop up in this show prior to his appearance in Cap2.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:17 PM   #953
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

I can see a few of the series regulars getting little cameos in Cap 2. Just in passing.

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 06-26-2013, 03:26 AM   #954
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

That does sound interesting. I'm still hoping the tv show will connect with the movies just not all the time.

I'd rather see Agents of SHIELD be it's own little world. The world we see on the screens in the backgrounds in the movies, the way SHIELD as a whole gets it's info on every hero out there.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 06-26-2013, 05:37 AM   #955
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
Did you guys see this IGN interview with Clark Gregg? I thought this quote in particular was interesting:There's also an interview with Chloe Bennet from Wednesday, which was already posted in the Skye thread...

I caught that and it made me very happy. One of the things I'm most looking forward to is seeing how the SHIELD show connects with and expands on the MCU. For instance, whatever happens to Nick Fury and SHIELD as an organization in CA:TWS should definitely effect Agent Coulson and the others.

One way that the agents on the show could interact with The Avengers is in the discovery of Wanda & Pietro Maximoff. Perhaps Coulson and his team will find information about mysterious twins being used by HYDRA to commit terrorist acts and try to track them down. Wanda's powers are far more than the SHIELD agents could handle, so Coulson ends up handing the investigation over to the Avengers. TA2's debut should coincide with the end of Agents of SHIELD's second season, which makes that a perfect time for their paths to cross with the superheroes. Or so it seems to me.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:12 PM   #956
Jammat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I caught that and it made me very happy. One of the things I'm most looking forward to is seeing how the SHIELD show connects with and expands on the MCU. For instance, whatever happens to Nick Fury and SHIELD as an organization in CA:TWS should definitely effect Agent Coulson and the others.

One way that the agents on the show could interact with The Avengers is in the discovery of Wanda & Pietro Maximoff. Perhaps Coulson and his team will find information about mysterious twins being used by HYDRA to commit terrorist acts and try to track them down. Wanda's powers are far more than the SHIELD agents could handle, so Coulson ends up handing the investigation over to the Avengers. TA2's debut should coincide with the end of Agents of SHIELD's second season, which makes that a perfect time for their paths to cross with the superheroes. Or so it seems to me.
I'm not sure about that, we don't know yet if and when Agents of Shield will hit TVs outside the US. It may be that many viewers will not see AoS on DVD (if its released on subscription only TV channels like Sky) till after they've seen Avengers 2 in cinemas.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:49 PM   #957
marcvader
Lurker #1

Prefer guest appearances like BW, Hawkeye, or Fury showing up during premieres, sweeps, and finales

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 06-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #958
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Personally I would rather the TV show remain as individual as possible with just brief passing mentions of the other franchises, BUT, still use the TV show on screens in the movies.
Just seems to me that Coulson and crew are out on the front lines and Fury is at Base with a bunch of teams like Phil's.

....to every King.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:32 PM   #959
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

I think the show definitely needs to stand on it's own two feet and not rely so heavily on showing off a connection with the MCU or jam packing the show with guest stars, BUT it would be a mistake to completely isolate it from everything else. I'm assuming that, given that he is the series lead, we'll be seeing enough of Coulson that we might get some backstory/flashbacks about who he is/where he's come from. It would be insane to think that Fury/BW/Hawkeye/Maria Hill couldn't factor in at some point.

Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 06-26-2013, 08:34 PM   #960
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammat View Post
I'm not sure about that, we don't know yet if and when Agents of Shield will hit TVs outside the US. It may be that many viewers will not see AoS on DVD (if its released on subscription only TV channels like Sky) till after they've seen Avengers 2 in cinemas.
At the ABC Upfronts in May the network showed a SHIELD promo at an event for foreign buyers. The buyers reportedly cheered after watching it and the show was sold to networks in many other countries. So it is going to be seen in other markets and will probably be available on DVD/Blu-Ray after the season ends.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:56 AM   #961
OB12
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think the show definitely needs to stand on it's own two feet and not rely so heavily on showing off a connection with the MCU or jam packing the show with guest stars, BUT it would be a mistake to completely isolate it from everything else. I'm assuming that, given that he is the series lead, we'll be seeing enough of Coulson that we might get some backstory/flashbacks about who he is/where he's come from. It would be insane to think that Fury/BW/Hawkeye/Maria Hill couldn't factor in at some point.
Yeah, this show needs to be its own thing, but at the same time it really does need to reference and pull from the movies. I think occasionally we need to see Fury and Maria Hill at least. However maybe the best way to thread the show and movies together is not via the established heroes, but the villains. I really think that Batroc should be a recurring nemesis who pops up from time to time to cause this team some headaches and maybe we get an episode where the team needs to visit the Leader in the SHIELD prison.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:15 AM   #962
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

This show could be the TV version of Gotham Central. I hope it connects in about the same ways as that book did, and hopefully it'll be as good as it was too.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:13 PM   #963
babykhris
Side-Kick

FRIDAY JULY 19

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Panel to include Joss Whedon, Marvel’s head of TV Jeph Loeb and additional special guests.

http://sdccblog.com/2013/06/sdcc-2013-confirmed-panels/

Old 06-28-2013, 06:25 PM   #964
eddy
Side-Kick

They need to release some more promo or pictures or something for this show. I guess the media blitz won't kick into gear until August.

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:01 PM   #965
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by babykhris View Post
FRIDAY JULY 19

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Panel to include Joss Whedon, Marvel’s head of TV Jeph Loeb and additional special guests.

http://sdccblog.com/2013/06/sdcc-2013-confirmed-panels/
Clark Gregg was also confirmed for the SDCC panel earlier today.

Quote:
Ryan Penagos ‏@AgentM
Happy to officially confirm that @clarkgregg will be at Comic-Con for @Marvel's #AgentsofSHIELD panel on July 19! More info soon! #SDCC
Fat lot of good this does the seven billion people who aren't going to SDCC, though. Marvel ought to release some goodies to drum up interest for the rest of humanity.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:10 PM   #966
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Oh, come on. It's not like we're completely isolated from every bit of news and info regarding the show at SDCC. Sometimes we even get video from the panel.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:50 PM   #967
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Oh, come on. It's not like we're completely isolated from every bit of news and info regarding the show at SDCC. Sometimes we even get video from the panel.
But if there is footage revealed there, we won't see it. Even when people post video of the panels they typically edit out any promotional images or video that was presented. The best we can hope for are descriptions from people who were there. Withholding footage from the general public doesn't make sense to me since very few people are going to be able to see any of the panels.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:32 PM   #968
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I really am very interested in how this will tie into Cap 2. SHIELD will be in complete flux and I'm wondering how that will translate to the lower ranks where the agents are at. Maria Hill and Agent 13 should both show up for it as well.

Old 07-01-2013, 06:31 PM   #969
eddy
Side-Kick

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/01/s-...llboard-black/

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #970
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

How big a truck do you think one would need to stea....er....haul that thing... you know... if it should fall down........... or something

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 07-01-2013, 09:59 PM   #971
xeno000
Raining hell from above

That is beautiful. Could Marvel make the S.H.I.E.L.D. logo iconic? They're giving it a damn good try.

Does the TV season start in September? October? It's been so long since I watched network TV that I have no idea.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:37 AM   #972
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Jesus Christ, long time no see haha, that is right by my old apartment - I used to walk by that place every single weekend. Wow, that's awesome.

And: every series is different, some start early September while others can start mid to late October.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Old 07-02-2013, 09:40 AM   #973
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Yeah it's supposed to be Tuesdays in September Xeno. Not sure WHICH tuesday it'll start on tho

....to every King.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #974
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Thanks for the info, guys. The only show I even have a vague idea about is The Simpsons, and that's just because of football games and the baseball playoffs on Fox so the Treehouse of Horror is the first episode. (I think.) Sports are all I ever watch on network TV.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:13 PM   #975
Malcolm Belmont
Side-Kick

In my opinion Clock and Dagger would be perfect for an episode in Agents of SHEILD..anyone else agree?

Closed Thread