The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Smallville

Old 06-16-2013, 09:23 AM   #1
Billy Batson
Side-Kick

Default Smallville 2014

I'm just wondering. How would you guys feel about a new Smallville series reboot based on the Man Of Steel film and starring the film's Smallville cast members?

SHAZAM!

Billy Batson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:29 AM   #2
Morg
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Smallville 2014

Too soon, we had 10 season of Smallville

Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:41 AM   #3
Billy Batson
Side-Kick

SHAZAM!

Old 06-16-2013, 09:41 AM   #4
Lord
All Mighty

Smallville 2020, before that is too soon

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:41 AM   #5
Indy1Jones
Agent Indy

Too soon.

Indy1Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:45 AM   #6
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

There's no point. We already have the comic and it doesn't have the limitations that a TV show would have like budget, special effects, character embargo, etc...

Old 06-16-2013, 11:25 AM   #7
SV Fan
Side-Kick

I much rather the next Superman based show puts it's own fresh take on Clark Kent/Superman, no matter which time period they pick of his life.

SV Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:11 PM   #8
jsi23
Side-Kick

They should do a show about Lois Lane if they want another Smallville/Superman like show. Explore that character's young life and about working at the DP before meeting Superman/Clark Kent.

I mean they had shows about Superman, Lois & Clark, Superboy, and young Clark Kent (Smallville) so why not. The only problem is I'm not sure how well it would do.

jsi23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:17 PM   #9
jjgravitas
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
I'm just wondering. How would you guys feel about a new Smallville series reboot based on the Man Of Steel film and starring the film's Smallville cast members?
If you do this your just doing a reboot of a reboot. Smallville worked due to its original take on the Superman story. It came s few short years after the end of the previouse <S> series, Lois & Clark, and bore no similarity.

jjgravitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:16 AM   #10
Billy Batson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgravitas View Post
If you do this your just doing a reboot of a reboot. Smallville worked due to its original take on the Superman story. It came s few short years after the end of the previouse <S> series, Lois & Clark, and bore no similarity.

Smallville worked because it was a great series. A new Smallville based on the new hit Film would also do very well. They can explore in-depth the young Kent's heroics and struggles Clark had trying not to expose himself to the world.

SHAZAM!

Old 07-01-2013, 10:16 AM   #11
Bad Superman
World's Grimmest Hero

I rather have a new Superman TV show not based on the new 52 crap.

"There’s no need to "modernize" Superman in order for the character to be appealing to the new generation. Superman is not a brooding angst ridden conflicted hero. He is a beacon of hope and his mission is to fight for Truth, Justice and the American way. Superman doesn’t need to wear an armor suit. He’s THE Man of Steel. There’s no need to “modernize” the suit for it to be more “dark” and “edgy”. If today’s generation can’t accept the character’s roots and essence, then they’re not true fans."
Bad Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:24 AM   #12
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Superman View Post
Who mentioned the new 52?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgravitas View Post
I kind of agree, but i think there was more potencial than what the show became during season 4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
Smallville worked because it was a great series. A new Smallville based on the new hit Film would also do very well. They can explore in-depth the young Kent's heroics and struggles Clark had trying not to expose himself to the world.
Great? Not really, but i would like to see a new interpretation of the show if they toned down Clark's powers to golden age level and kept that mysterious tone of the first seasons.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #13
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:
Honestly I would be fine if there was a show based on Grant Morrison Action Comics mixed with other Superman books(JMS Earth One, Secret Origins, Birthright, Smallville, etc).

"Nazi zombies don’t wanna eat you just ‘cause they’re craving the protein. They do it ‘cause…they do it ‘cause they hate Americans, man. Talibans. They’re the Talibans of the zombie world." thanks TheNextNolan22 for reminding me how awesome Badger is
ironman29758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:58 AM   #14
KalKai
n/a

Starring the film's Smallville cast members? I don't think any of them would be committed in playing these characters on a weekly basis. You'd get a no from each and every one of them.

Besides, just because said actors were chosen for the film, doesn't mean they'd work in a TV series.

Maybe when the current films come to an end, only then. But they would probably reboot it yet again on the big screen.

KalKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #15
Bad Superman
World's Grimmest Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Who mentioned the new 52?
I did. . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman29758 View Post
Honestly I would be fine if there was a show based on Grant Morrison Action Comics mixed with other Superman books(JMS Earth One, Secret Origins, Birthright, Smallville, etc).
That could work. I like all of those. Birthright is good except the aura viewing super power.

It's time for a new Superman TV show but I doubt it'll happen as long as the MOS franchise is on WB's priority list.

"There’s no need to "modernize" Superman in order for the character to be appealing to the new generation. Superman is not a brooding angst ridden conflicted hero. He is a beacon of hope and his mission is to fight for Truth, Justice and the American way. Superman doesn’t need to wear an armor suit. He’s THE Man of Steel. There’s no need to “modernize” the suit for it to be more “dark” and “edgy”. If today’s generation can’t accept the character’s roots and essence, then they’re not true fans."
Old 07-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #16
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

You know I hope they do revisit this in about 10 years time and do a show based on the journey to been Superman. I do have this idea for a show and it would only be 14 episodes a season last for 5 seasons with a spin off season called the Last Days of Krypton. Which would be set between seasons 4 & 5 and sets up the Eradicator as the final season villain. It would be show like True Blood in the way that it would have a again arc no villain of the week scenario.

Clark would wear glasses from day one and this would be explained in an episode with a flashback of him kissing Lana Lang as a youngster which leads to his heat vision starting. I'd also have Lex in the first two seasons but only in a role similar to that in Superman Birthright. Season 3 would have Clark moving from Smallville and going to college where we'd be introduced to Lori Lemaris (however its spelt). Season 4 would end with him building the fortress discovering Kryptonian tech (the Eradictor) and going on his wordly travels. Then the Last Days of Krypton single season would start with Clark in the Fortress where Jor El would start explaining to him about how Krypton died. This would tie in with the Eradictor. In the final season Clark would return home from his travels and the Eradictor tech would try to turn Clark into the Krypton man & turn the world i to a new Krypton (I had this idea before i saw MOS) and the final episode would have Clark finally in the costume as Superman taking down the Eradictor and saving the world finally revealed to the world.

Anyway this just a basic outline at some point I'm gonna write up a full idea.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:22 AM   #17
Bad Superman
World's Grimmest Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
You know I hope they do revisit this in about 10 years time and do a show based on the journey to been Superman. I do have this idea for a show and it would only be 14 episodes a season last for 5 seasons with a spin off season called the Last Days of Krypton. Which would be set between seasons 4 & 5 and sets up the Eradicator as the final season villain. It would be show like True Blood in the way that it would have a again arc no villain of the week scenario.

Clark would wear glasses from day one and this would be explained in an episode with a flashback of him kissing Lana Lang as a youngster which leads to his heat vision starting. I'd also have Lex in the first two seasons but only in a role similar to that in Superman Birthright. Season 3 would have Clark moving from Smallville and going to college where we'd be introduced to Lori Lemaris (however its spelt). Season 4 would end with him building the fortress discovering Kryptonian tech (the Eradictor) and going on his wordly travels. Then the Last Days of Krypton single season would start with Clark in the Fortress where Jor El would start explaining to him about how Krypton died. This would tie in with the Eradictor. In the final season Clark would return home from his travels and the Eradictor tech would try to turn Clark into the Krypton man & turn the world i to a new Krypton (I had this idea before i saw MOS) and the final episode would have Clark finally in the costume as Superman taking down the Eradictor and saving the world finally revealed to the world.

Anyway this just a basic outline at some point I'm gonna write up a full idea.
That sounds pretty good. I would like to watch Clark as Superman for at least one season before the shows end.

When you write up the whole thing let me know. I like your outline for the show.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:07 PM   #18
chumchees
Side-Kick

They should make a show about Clark Kent before he was Superman. How he became Superman.

chumchees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:11 PM   #19
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

It would be pointless IMO. I would much rather prefer another Superman animated series or a TV show based on another DC character.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #20
Morg
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumchees View Post
They should make a show about Clark Kent before he was Superman. How he became Superman.
They did that in Smallville

Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:42 AM   #21
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
That sounds pretty good. I would like to watch Clark as Superman for at least one season before the shows end.

When you write up the whole thing let me know. I like your outline for the show.
Thank you, I have to admit the new film made me realise he could get the suit abit earlier but I wouldn't want to do a full season in it just because my ideas for the final season involve the Eradicator trying to turn him into the Krypton Man.

I'm not sure when ill get to write a full idea out but hopefully soon.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #22
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

They might reboot it one day, you never know
But they are going to need spectacular writers to keep it from becoming a retread .

Mysteryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:53 PM   #23
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

maybe an animated show, but anything live action would be to soon, Lois and Clark ended in 1997 and we got Smallville in 2001......so maybe around 2015 or 2016 they can make another live action show lol

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:00 PM   #24
NHawk19
insert witty comment

Not with the movie franchise out there. I'm guessing the next live action series will be 5 years after the movies end unless they go with a side character like Supergirl or something along those lines.

Remember all the drama around SR and SV and how they were afraid people would confuse Welling and Routh? Plus SR didn't deliver as expected and I'm sure somewhere someone said well the audience was confused because of SV.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #25
BumblingCK

http://www.imdb.com/list/6mQ5G8MpgfA/

BumblingCK is offline   Reply With Quote