The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 07-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #351
Nathan

Default Re: The Video Game Thread

I've been playing DBZ Raging Blast 2 with the Man of Steel soundtrack. That's the only game that comes close to capturing that awesome, super powered battle.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:46 PM   #352
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

beat the Man of Steel game the other day...last few levels are tough if you don't play the Zod level about a dozen times to earn XP to level up your character and abilities

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:54 PM   #353
Rodrigo90
Hip To Be Square

They said it would be on Android

Old 07-03-2013, 12:43 AM   #354
Steamteck
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathlok View Post
I just want a good Superman game, one that is evocative of the Batman Arkham series. Not necessarily copying them, but making a Superman game as well defined as those Batman ones were.

And make it snappy! I'm not getting any younger you know...

Also needs to be multi-platform for maximum sales, please and thank you.

I just want them to make it for the PC as opposed to leaving it out.

Steamteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #355
JangoNate
Side-Kick

Played through the battles portion of Injustice with General Zod. He's a pretty fun character, though they didn't go with an iconic look like SII or something recent like MOS. Instead it's an Injustified version from the comics. His character is all Terrence Stamp, though, as he spouts lines like "Kneel before Zod" and "I win! I always win!"

Also, the MOS suit for Superman is awesome to see in action. I don't have Live right now, but I'm thinking about getting it again to use the new suit for some, hopefully, beat downs.

JangoNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:04 AM   #356
Bad Superman
World's Grimmest Hero

I can't believe that Superman still hasn't been given the Batman: Arkham Asylum/City videogame treatment. . . . .

"There’s no need to "modernize" Superman in order for the character to be appealing to the new generation. Superman is not a brooding angst ridden conflicted hero. He is a beacon of hope and his mission is to fight for Truth, Justice and the American way. Superman doesn’t need to wear an armor suit. He’s THE Man of Steel. There’s no need to “modernize” the suit for it to be more “dark” and “edgy”. If today’s generation can’t accept the character’s roots and essence, then they’re not true fans."
Bad Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #357
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Superman View Post
I can't believe that Superman still hasn't been given the Batman: Arkham Asylum/City videogame treatment. . . . .
I'm just happy that he got the Dark Knight treatment!

Seriously, I'd love to see an Arkham style Justice League game. When you think about just adding a flight mechanic into the Arkham games, that opens up the possibility for playing as Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, etc.

DChero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #358
jacobed
Banned User

He hasnt gotten it because he's an incredibly hard character to do good. Next gen someone will figure it out

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #359
Nathan

Not really, all his powers have already been pulled off in various game. You just need to come up with a good concept. He's invulnerable, so flying around in a city, stopping crimes is going to be boring.

Old 07-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #360
Krumm
Beer Snob

There are plenty of plots with him being de-powered that they could recycle. Maybe Luthor has a red sun generators around the city and as you destroy them, you gain powers.

Krumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:44 PM   #361
Nathan

As much as I find those scenarios really unimaginative, it would probably work best for a game. At the end of the game, you'd be fully powered again, and you could release all your might in the final boss battle.

Old 07-03-2013, 03:56 PM   #362
jacobed
Banned User

Nope. Making him depowered is taking the safe, cheap, easy way out. Gotta be smart and innovative, come up with a way for him to be fully powered. Games have his powers in them yes but all of them in one game with his amount of power. No there isn't any out there.

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:59 PM   #363
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
No there isn't any out there.
And it's still possible to do. You could give him all his omniscient pre-crisis powers, it's all just numbers. The difficult lies in making a game that's interesting, with a being that's basically god like.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:39 PM   #364
JangoNate
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
Nope. Making him depowered is taking the safe, cheap, easy way out. Gotta be smart and innovative, come up with a way for him to be fully powered. Games have his powers in them yes but all of them in one game with his amount of power. No there isn't any out there.
A shame the Superman Returns didn't come together. Flying was great and giving the city a life bar instead of Superman was an interesting choice.

However, bad graphics and other frustrating design choices keep it mostly terrible.

JangoNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:04 AM   #365
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

I think having the city being saved is the way to go....then have supermans power be endangered when's he fighting whatever baddy they choose

Old 02-28-2014, 10:48 AM   #366
Rodrigo90
Hip To Be Square

Getting back to this!

Based on MOS, I reckon they could have a game with alternative endings.
Things you do or don't do impact the storyline and subsequently, the ending. A bit like in Spider-Man: Web of Shadows.

Will Superman emerge victorious or be seen screaming in defeat that he was forced to break necks once again?

It would give a sense of replay value and the feeling that what you do really does matter to the world around you. Determining who lives and who dies and how it effects everything. But also giving you the chance to be a full hero to rescue everybody and stop disasters and events that will impact the story.

Old 02-28-2014, 03:37 PM   #367
luis4u
Side-Kick

A Superman video game-Why not just use Golden age Superman
Many have believed that a Superman video game would be incredibly hard thing to do because he is " too powerful" ( which is a load of balony.....unless we use SA Superman), but if you think it's too hard...why not just use Superman with his GA power set. It seems like a good fit for game mechanics. Powerful, but not invincible, he can be hurt relatively easily. His super senses can work as the same way we saw Batman using his gadgets in AA and AC. IDK, just have some innovation, who says that it has to take place on Earth?

luis4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:13 PM   #368
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

I think raising the stakes around him is better tension....cause why?....he's freaking Superman!.....he's suppose to save and protect the citizens of the world......instead of just natural disasters, throw in some armed robberies, gangs, then for fights work your way up to say, brainiac or a doomsday......keep it interesting without watering him down

Old 03-05-2014, 03:28 PM   #369
Rodrigo90
Hip To Be Square

Since Arkham Knight is going to be the last game of the series, and may also be Rocksteady's last Batman game...hopefully they'll be approached to make a Superman game?

Old 03-05-2014, 04:23 PM   #370
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

I sure hope so

Old 03-05-2014, 09:44 PM   #371
Rodrigo90
Hip To Be Square

If Rocksteady can pull off this huge and detailed, gorgeous looking game, it wouldn't be a stretch to imagine that they could pull off Metropolis.

Gotham is dark and grungy, full of mess and crap, which makes it a more difficult game to produce.
Whereas Metropolis is brighter and cleaner. Less things for Rocksteady to work, which leaves them with the chance to put that focus into a bigger city than Gotham.

What they could do is, make the city "Superman" exclusive. Destructible buildings. Powers that can maim and kill people.
They've done the scenario for Batman AK that civilians have been evacuated, therefore Batman can't kill them while driving the Batmobile lol

But a feeling of Superman is, is that he's got to have the full responsibility of being sensible and careful with his powers in Metropolis.
They should make it as though Superman is like a car. You control how much speed and power he has within the game, when you're flying and battling. You have absolute control and responsibility with his powers

And if you abuse the situation long enough, it starts affecting the storyline and game, without ending it.

Basically, a game, where you ARE Superman and you're responsible for what happens to him and everyone around him.

Old 03-05-2014, 09:53 PM   #372
John-An
Gal/Margot World's Finest

Hope Rocksteady make a Supes videogame!!

Old 03-06-2014, 01:37 PM   #373
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

As someone who works in the games industry, Superman is a nightmare.

Super fast.
Super Strong.
indestructible.
invulnerable.

For instance there is no reason why Superman couldn't fly from one side of the city to the other side of the city flying through every building to get there. Sure, Superman wouldn't cause such wanton destruction in the comics but the 'PLAYER' should be able to.

Batman.
Spider-Man.
Daredevil.
Punisher.

Far easier characters to make in a video game.

spider-neil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:17 AM   #374
bluerayer
MCU

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
As someone who works in the games industry, Superman is a nightmare.

Super fast.
Super Strong.
indestructible.
invulnerable.

For instance there is no reason why Superman couldn't fly from one side of the city to the other side of the city flying through every building to get there. Sure, Superman wouldn't cause such wanton destruction in the comics but the 'PLAYER' should be able to.

Batman.
Spider-Man.
Daredevil.
Punisher.

Far easier characters to make in a video game.
No. Just make it game over if the player try that.

Also, someone suggested a de-powered Superman. Now...

What would be the fun in playing that game?

Players would feel seriously ripped off.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
bluerayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:09 PM   #375
snpklsdmbldr
welcome to the planet

Superman deserves his own game, hopefully with the sequel they'll make one.

snpklsdmbldr is offline   Reply With Quote