Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 3

Microsoft explains Xbox One's all-new Reputation system

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion

Last edited by Whiskey Tango; 07-05-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:05 PM   #427
Blackman
C'mon Son

i like the reputation idea

Old 07-03-2013, 01:36 PM   #428
jacobed
Banned User

Cool idea hopefully it works like they want it to

Old 07-03-2013, 02:15 PM   #429
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
That's okay. Because Axls will buy you one.
Hah.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #430
Donut
Side-Kick

Blah

Last edited by Donut; 07-03-2013 at 06:37 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #431
Tron Bonne
Climaxing

No, they didn't. Defense Grids was the first game, it was free starting this week.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:59 PM   #432
Donut
Side-Kick

Red

Last edited by Donut; 07-03-2013 at 06:37 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #433
Tron Bonne
Climaxing

I thought ACII was for the second half of this month?

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:05 PM   #434
Tron Bonne
Climaxing

Just googled it:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/3/4489...with-gold-july

Yeah, from July 16-20, ACII. I mean, you know, Defense Grid isn't the most thrilling choice of a free game (neither is ACII either, considering it's age), but it's still within their word. Sort of.

Quote:

Last edited by Tron Bonne; 07-03-2013 at 06:14 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #435
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

But PSN guys get games like Uncharted 3, Saints Row 3 as free games. Myself as a loyal XBOX Gold member for 5+ years gets Defense Grid. Can't they be a little more generous than that?

Old 07-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #436
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarTiger View Post
But PSN guys get games like Uncharted 3, Saints Row 3 as free games. Myself as a loyal XBOX Gold member for 5+ years gets Defense Grid. Can't they be a little more generous than that?
No.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:29 PM   #437
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarTiger View Post

Deal with It!!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 07-03-2013, 07:36 PM   #438
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

So word is that the Ouya outsold the Xbox One on Amazon Canada.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:22 PM   #439
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches

Ouya isn't a REAL console... it's an android phone without the calling/texting that plugs into your tv.

EDIT: I'm half serious.

Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Old 07-03-2013, 11:49 PM   #440
Side-Kick

Already paid off $100 of my Xbox One pre-order. I'm thinking about trading in my 360 to Amazon, but obviously the price isn't ideal ($80) so I can use that gift card money to further reduce the price.

I'll consider eBaying it (and my games, and my old RROD 360 - for parts or whatever), but Amazon is just so convenient.

I guess my question for everyone here is what type of pricing have you gotten for trading in a 360 (and a RROD 360) to "official" places?

Old 07-03-2013, 11:57 PM   #441
Tron Bonne
Climaxing

What model do you have? It seems to me like you could surely get more for your 360 by selling it on Amazon/eBay, could probably get at least a $100 if you have a later model. Gamestop may have some kind of deal that you get an extra percentage if you trade stuff specifically towards a console, they often do that at launch. Their trade-in values are usually ****, though.

Quote:
Old 07-04-2013, 12:01 AM   #442
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

I would never trade in my 360. What am I supposed to do with my games?

Old 07-04-2013, 12:03 AM   #443
Tron Bonne
Climaxing

Sell them to pay off your One

Quote:
Old 07-04-2013, 12:05 AM   #444
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
Sell them to pay off your One
Why not just use them as coasters?

Old 07-04-2013, 12:08 AM   #445
Tron Bonne
Climaxing

Skeet shooting!

Also, looking at Gamestop's website, they do have a deal running that you get 30% extra for trading in towards a system. Here's there site for game's trade in value: http://www.gamestop.com/trade-values, and also for trade value of other devices such as iPods and tablets: http://www.gamestop.com/recommerce/web/

Not sure on what the system's trade-in value is, though. If it was $80 from Amazon, probably about the same, if not less.

Quote:
Old 07-04-2013, 12:08 AM   #446
Side-Kick

Quote:
What model do you have? It seems to me like you could surely get more for your 360 by selling it on Amazon/eBay, could probably get at least a $100 if you have a later model. Gamestop may have some kind of deal that you get an extra percentage if you trade stuff specifically towards a console, they often do that at launch. Their trade-in values are usually ****, though.
Yeah I looked at the Gamestop site and I saw they had deals for trading in a console to pre-order the new systems, but I ****ing hate Gamestop. I think I've only ever traded in one thing there, my original Xbox. They are just a big rip-off. Amazon rips you off too, but it's not as blatant, and at least I can use the gift card money on a bigger variety of things.

I pre-ordered my console on Amazon because I'm in the process of transitioning/moving from grad-school to career and I will be changing cities. I heard Gamestop pre-orders can only be picked up at the specific store you pre-ordered from so it just wasn't worth it on multiple levels.

Plus before the trade-in specials at Gamestop I'm sure I would only get like $50 for my 4gig system (bought in 2010) and with the trade-in specials it would probably up it to $80 anyway. This is a bit of a rant but I just really hate Gamestop.

Anyway it sounds like my best bet would be to bundle my old not-working 360 with my new 360 on ebay along with all the games I own (about 6) and both controllers. I'll probably list everything for $175 and see what happens.

Old 07-04-2013, 12:12 AM   #447
Tron Bonne
Climaxing

Oh well, if you're not doing GS, then I don't know what other places do trade ins beside Amazon.

Quote:
Old 07-04-2013, 12:20 AM   #448
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh well, if you're not doing GS, then I don't know what other places do trade ins beside Amazon.
Thanks for responding though. Man I just wish Gamestop had some real competition. Once GameCrazy went bankrupt (remember them) there is basically no brick & mortar that force Gamestop to remain at least a bit honest. Le sigh, eBay it is.

Anyway, to go back on topic, which games are you most looking forward to playing on Xbox One - exclusives and non-exclusives.

Old 07-04-2013, 12:26 AM   #449
Tron Bonne
Climaxing

Yeah, I would say selling is your best option then. I see the 4GB model going for $115 used on Amazon. If you lowball it at $100-105, I wouldn't be surprised if you got a bite. I would probably put it up for a month, and if nothing comes of it, go with the trade-in.

But as far as games, not much right now interests me. I like the Dead Rising series, so DR3 may be a potential buy when I get a One. Not sure when that'll be, though.

Quote:
Old 07-04-2013, 05:49 AM   #450
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

Quote:
Just googled it:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/3/4489...with-gold-july

Yeah, from July 16-20, ACII. I mean, you know, Defense Grid isn't the most thrilling choice of a free game (neither is ACII either, considering it's age), but it's still within their word. Sort of.
Wrong. ACII still holds up to this day. If you've never played an Assassins Creed game now is the time, as ACII is the best in the series.

Closed Thread