The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 07-03-2013, 09:14 AM   #526
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 2

The listing it's true, have been updated by whoever represents Lauren Mary Kim.The fans can't update.

Alison Blaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #527
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 2

Internet movie database Is better with crew credits than cast.

I am convince with stunt double Famke Janssen Is In film.stunt double Is how we first heard about Josh Helman being In film.Now the big question Is In what context

Note they finally added james Marsden to rumored but still no Famke In cast.Adan Canto has said he is playing Sunspost but they have It as his rumored character like Omar Sy as Bishop.Although they have peter dinklage listed as Trask and Booboo Stewart as Warpath.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:15 AM   #528
Mr.M
Side-Kick

I still can't see Jean being in this in her regular form. Unless the Phoenix ressurection is vital to the story at hand. I also do not like the disjointed presentation of a transpositional past metamorphosing into an alternate future or reality as we'd conventionally perceive the effects of time travel to the past. Maybe the only way to defeat the Sentinels is the Phoenix, otherwise why would you need Jean back?

Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:54 AM   #529
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
I still can't see Jean being in this in her regular form. Unless the Phoenix ressurection is vital to the story at hand. I also do not like the disjointed presentation of a transpositional past metamorphosing into an alternate future or reality as we'd conventionally perceive the effects of time travel to the past. Maybe the only way to defeat the Sentinels is the Phoenix, otherwise why would you need Jean back?
I can think of a million reasons for jean to be back, not just defeating the sentinels. Jeans rise from the grave/full transformation in to the phoenix causes the apocalyptic future, thus causing the sentinels to be unleashed upon the mutants.

its a simple concept that can be easily fleshed out, without Famke having to be on set since she's the full phoenix force now. it worked very well in Wolverine & the X-men, I can see it working better in live action, its certainly an ongoing theme/problem in the trilogy. so much that it could completely change everything and everyone. Jean is such a major plot point in the OT that changing the timeline is that much more serious, dangerous and important.

My dream for the credits scene on the Wolverine to be Jean rising from the grave, or simply the Xavier/Logan airport scene with xavier saying some crap like "logan we need you back..." something vague with concern, then just a simple shot of Jeans tombstone to close it out, to plant the idea if what were dealing with in DOFP.

TWayneP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:47 PM   #530
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

jean could still be in "ghost" form, like she is in The Wolverine... basically guiding logan (or other team members)

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:56 PM   #531
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

i honestly don't think jean will rise from death, she isn't comic phoenix she is a girl who had to have her powers controlled at a young age otherwise she vaperizes people, she couldn't fly as phoenix like the comic version, she was totally different to the comic version

if Famke has a stunt double its most likely there will be some stunt that needs to be done, i think its a sure thing she is involved in an action scene somewhere in the film

Old 07-03-2013, 01:29 PM   #532
Mr.M
Side-Kick

It could be a flashback, used in a scene to explain the ressurgence of Scott Summers. They may revisit that scene, in which case a stunt double would be required.

Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:20 PM   #533
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
i honestly don't think jean will rise from death, she isn't comic phoenix she is a girl who had to have her powers controlled at a young age otherwise she vaperizes people, she couldn't fly as phoenix like the comic version, she was totally different to the comic version

if Famke has a stunt double its most likely there will be some stunt that needs to be done, i think its a sure thing she is involved in an action scene somewhere in the film
she flies at the end of X3 and she was definitely all Phoenix during then.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
NanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:34 PM   #534
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingDee View Post
I still believe this is the credit order so no way Evan Peters would be credited before Halle Berry (she and her reps would not be pleased). The actors after Anna Paquin (who would be given the "...and" prestige credit) are the "featured" actors - i.e. smaller roles and/or less famous actors - where Peters would most likely end up.

If Famke is in the film, I would bet on her occupying the photo before Halle. BUT I'm personally not convinced by this stunt double news (as much as I'd love for her to return). I think the stunt double might have been added by this one fan who is obsessed with seeing the Phoenix of the White Crown realized on film. He/she already started a rumor about that incarnation of Phoenix appearing. That being said, adding a stunt double to imdb would be a strange way to promulgate a rumor...
I think if Famke was in the films she would probably be uncredited to keep it as a secret. I don't see Famke getting higher billing then Halle (if that is supposed to be billing order) 1) regardless of Famke's successful films which would have been successful with or without her Halle is still more famous than her and is a bigger draw than she is. 2) Halle has always been billed higher than Famke in every X-Men movie even the first where Storm's role was the smallest and Halle was not as famous. I still think that there is an extra character that Singer is keeping to himself played by an actor that could actually be billed higher than her.

The only other slightest chance that Famke would get higher billing was if she was in the film more than Storm was, and that isn't even a guarantee as X1 and X2 demonstrates. I also doubt Famke will be in the film for longer than Halle. I don't see how she would fit into the story apart from being a cameo at the end in an altered future.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
NanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:36 PM   #535
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
she flies at the end of X3 and she was definitely all Phoenix during then.
Did she? Shows how long its been since I watched it, but still wasn't comic Phoenix I remember that, infact... I don't wanna remember it

I don't see her rising from the grave in the wolverine or DOFP

Old 07-03-2013, 05:44 PM   #536
Angamb
Banned User

Jean levitated on X3, but didnt fly.

That doesnt mean she cant "fly" on DOFP, but on X3, no, she didnt fly and neither she was comics Phoenix. we wished, but no, she was just a very powerfulll mutant.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #537
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post

That doesnt mean she cant "fly" on DOFP, but on X3, no, she didnt fly and neither she was comics Phoenix. we wished, but no, she was just a very powerfulll mutant.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #538
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post

Well that doesn't mean anything, Bryan singers x3 would have been much different, and so will DOFP. She was on fire in x2 and there was none of that in x3. jeans powers could evolve as much as they did over the course of the OT. They really pushed her as the most powerful mutant, so they can do whatever they want with her and chalk it up to being the most powerful mutant ever haha.

Honestly at this point I don't care if it makes sense. at all. I care more about salvaging the Phoenix storyline that was fisted in X3.

TWayneP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:30 PM   #539
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Jean was suppose to be on fire in X3, but it was nixed because of the budget and time constraints.

You can see evidence of this near the end when they put alot of warm colors on her, the lighting was ready for it, but there was no CGI for it.

[=]
Old 07-03-2013, 06:35 PM   #540
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
Jean was suppose to be on fire in X3, but it was nixed because of the budget and time constraints.

You can see evidence of this near the end when they put alot of warm colors on her, the lighting was ready for it, but there was no CGI for it.
It had the biggest budget of all the xmen films

Old 07-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #541
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

I honestly think if jean returns it will be a small role with time travel and I don't mean at the end

Old 07-03-2013, 06:49 PM   #542
DOFP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
I think if Famke was in the films she would probably be uncredited to keep it as a secret. I don't see Famke getting higher billing then Halle (if that is supposed to be billing order) 1) regardless of Famke's successful films which would have been successful with or without her Halle is still more famous than her and is a bigger draw than she is. 2) Halle has always been billed higher than Famke in every X-Men movie even the first where Storm's role was the smallest and Halle was not as famous. I still think that there is an extra character that Singer is keeping to himself played by an actor that could actually be billed higher than her.

The only other slightest chance that Famke would get higher billing was if she was in the film more than Storm was, and that isn't even a guarantee as X1 and X2 demonstrates. I also doubt Famke will be in the film for longer than Halle. I don't see how she would fit into the story apart from being a cameo at the end in an altered future.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, Famke is suppose to be a surprise cast, but I don't think she would be in front of Halle, but at the same time didn't Halle only filmed for two weeks? And Famke still has till August to do her filming, soooooo

DOFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:59 PM   #543
DOFP
Side-Kick

Also, I get that maybe Bryan wants to keep Jean a secret but I don't think she will be uncredited cause even though her name is not in the cast, but she has a stunt double, but, isn't it the way we found out about the Josh guy? And doesn't he have a good role in 70's. . . Those two might be a secret, but I think we will see their names in the credits.

DOFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:04 PM   #544
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
It had the biggest budget of all the xmen films
which honestly still wasn't a whole lot compared to other films that were being released the same year. FOX has always been sorta stingy with putting money towards there X-films

[=]
Old 07-03-2013, 07:27 PM   #545
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:

The same thing happens in the scene where she dissolves Professor X too. Her hair all of a sudden gets lit by extremely obvious orange lighting:

I always assumed in that scene, in particular, they were going to apply licks of flame to her hair strands, which would have looked incredible.

Double B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:15 PM   #546
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
I just don't see Wolverine as the one going back in time.
Why not?

After-all, he's the only character in this movie series to get 2 solo movies.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:21 PM   #547
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingDee View Post
I still believe this is the credit order so no way Evan Peters would be credited before Halle Berry (she and her reps would not be pleased). The actors after Anna Paquin (who would be given the "...and" prestige credit) are the "featured" actors - i.e. smaller roles and/or less famous actors - where Peters would most likely end up.

If Famke is in the film, I would bet on her occupying the photo before Halle. BUT I'm personally not convinced by this stunt double news (as much as I'd love for her to return). I think the stunt double might have been added by this one fan who is obsessed with seeing the Phoenix of the White Crown realized on film. He/she already started a rumor about that incarnation of Phoenix appearing. That being said, adding a stunt double to imdb would be a strange way to promulgate a rumor...
With that picture, I think the order might be like this....

Hugh Jackman
Jennifer Lawrence (ugh she's not even a X-Men)
James McAvoy
Michael Fassbender
Patrick Stewart
Ian McKellen
Nicholas Hoult
Peter Dinklage
Famke Jannsen (if she has a major/supporting role in the movie)
Halle Berry
Ellen Page
Shawn Ashmore
Omar Sy
and
Anna Paquin

Evan Peters
Daniel Cudmore
Josh Helman

Fan Bingbing
Adan Canto
Booboo Stewart
Lucas Till

--------------------------

With James Marsden being uncredited

But I think the cast order will be totally different

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 07-03-2013, 08:23 PM   #548
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
jean could still be in "ghost" form, like she is in The Wolverine... basically guiding logan (or other team members)
Yeah thats possible.

But in ghost form in 2 films? I'm not sure if they want to go with that route.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 07-03-2013, 09:01 PM   #549
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Why not?

After-all, he's the only character in this movie series to get 2 solo movies.
Because it's not his movie.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:16 PM   #550
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Wolverine will be the time traveler.That's why he has the major role In film.