Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Old 06-29-2013, 02:09 PM   #26
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: B - villians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
Wait a second...

First you're like "So we will have Electro, Rhino, Black Cat, Vulture AND Green Goblin! It's too much!!" when other than Electro and Rhino there are only RUMOURS about Felicia Hardy and Adrian Toomes.

Then you're like "Oh no we're getting two C-listers, that's lame".

Where did Green Goblin go? Because you obviously forgot to mention the A-lister. And even if we won't get Green Goblin but only Norman, it's pretty obvious that he will play a villain role in this film so that would still be an A-lister.
I didn't forget the A-lister that will most likely only appear to set up a third film. I will be highly surprised to see Green Goblin even fight Spider-Man in TAS-M 2.

And why did you mention the rumors of villains? I already said I hope they won't appear in the film, and they most likely won't.

Quote:
Batman Begins had a C-lister in Scarecrow and A in Ra's al Ghul, but yeah the difference is obviously huge.
The difference: Does anyone know if Green Goblin will actually do battle with Spider-Man? Until we do, we shouldn't even bring up GG man, lol.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:25 PM   #27
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr : Parker View Post
is there something as B or A villians for spidey ?
are they not all dangerous enough that they could kill him?

scorpion A or B
shocker A or B

and go on ....
Theres several factors that make an A list villain that can carry his/her own film. Popularity, power, threat etc. For instance, Electro is hugely powerful but poses little threat to Spidey's superior intellect. On the other hand, Kingpin is a much greater threat even though he isn't very physically powerful.

But then, you could look at Smythe. Hugely powerful, and a very viable threat to Spidey. Yet will probably never headline a film because he's not popular enough to make Sony money.

Old 06-30-2013, 01:23 PM   #28
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL RAAM582 View Post
Like A list villains and B list villains?

A Listers: Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Venom, etc.
B Listers: Carnage, Lizard, Hobgoblin, etc.
C Listers: Rhino, Shocker, Electro, etc.
Eh. Have to disagree. Lizard is an A-lister, as is Hobgoblin, no matter how much TASM tried to ruin the Lizard.

Okay in all seriousness:

A List
Green Goblin I (Norman Osborn)
Doctor Octopus
Green Goblin II (Harry Osborn)
The Lizard
Hobgoblin (Roderick Kingsley)
Kingpin
Venom
Kraven the Hunter

B List
Carnage
Electro
Mysterio
Scorpion
Shocker
Rhino
Vulture
Sandman

C List
Everyone else.

It is kind of a shame how TASM2 is raiding the B list. Then again, rumors have it that the ultimate baddie may show up at the end.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:42 PM   #29
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

There is no reason why Webb can't make Electro more interesting. We know that he has an obsession with SM so already they are making him better

Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:05 AM   #30
Da Games Elite
Side-Kick

I think people are forgetting how many villains have been in other superhero films before. People keep acting like Scarecrow and Ra's Al-Ghul were the only villains in Batman Begins, but you're forgetting about Falcone, Joe Chill, and the rest of the League of Shadows. Even Zsasz (sp?) is in the film. The film is packed with comic book villains, and all of them get their due to some capacity. Same is true for The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises. They all have way more villains than even Spider-Man 3.

The issue isn't how many characters they put in, but rather the balance between them all.

Now, it's fairly clear Electro will be the heavy for the majority of the film, with Norman Osborn/Green Goblin being the true big bad, and Rhino...well, he'll be there too, but probably have a smaller role in the vast scheme of things. Black Cat, if she's in it, would probably occupy the same role Catwoman did in TDKR, or maybe not.

The point is I don't feel the film is overstuffed.

As for A/B/C grade villains...yeah, here's how I'd rank 'em.

A - Green Goblin (I & II), Doc Ock, Venom, Hobgoblin, Kingpin, Lizard
B - Kraven, Mysterio, Scorpion, Vulture, Sandman, Carnage, Shocker, Morbius, the Spider-Slayers, and Morlun
C - The rest

Da Games Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:03 AM   #31
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

why is lizard considered to be an A list-er? serious query.

www.redlettermedia.com
Repulsor Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:45 AM   #32
Valkyrje
Monstah Lobstah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
why is lizard considered to be an A list-er? serious query.
Lizard MAY be an A lister, but HOBGOBLIN ?

Valkyrje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:28 AM   #33
Lord
All Mighty

Spider-Man doesn't really have A,B and C listers, you have the archnemesis: Green Goblin, Dock Ock and Venom. Then you have everybody else, all the other villain Spidet fights in a weekly basis, after that you have the rare villain like proto-venom, Funny Bunny, etc.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:35 PM   #34
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Spider-Man doesn't really have A,B and C listers, you have the archnemesis: Green Goblin, Dock Ock and Venom. Then you have everybody else, all the other villain Spidet fights in a weekly basis, after that you have the rare villain like proto-venom, Funny Bunny, etc.
sounds like A, B, and C to me.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:36 PM   #35
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

I hope spidey never goes up against a villain called funny bunny in the movies

Old 07-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #36
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
I hope spidey never goes up against a villain called funny bunny in the movies
A better villain than the mandarin in IM3 and any villain in SM3 lol

Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:36 PM   #37
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
sounds like A, B, and C to me.
It's not, if it was then Batman would only have Joker as an A-list and everybody else would be B-List

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:11 PM   #38
JOE

Hobgoblin is like Carnage. A spawn of a real villain, so to speak. To consider it A-listed is degrading the true villains.

As for Kraven, meh. He's a solid B villain. He doesn't have any real hate for Spider-Man so it's not really justified classifying him as one of his great foes. He loves the thrill of the hunt for Spider-Man, not the hunt of Peter Parker. Venom and Green Goblin fit that role perfectly which is why they're considered top-notch in Spidey's world.

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #39
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL RAAM582 View Post
Like A list villains and B list villains?

A Listers: Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Venom, etc.
B Listers: Carnage, Lizard, Hobgoblin, etc.
C Listers: Rhino, Shocker, Electro, etc.
A: Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Venom, The Lizard, The Vulture, Mysterio, etc.
B: Hobgoblin, Electro, Sandman, Scorpion, Rhino, Kingpin, Hobgoblin, Shocker, Chamelion, etc.
C: Carnage, Big Wheel, Rocket Racer, Molten Man, The Enforcers, etc.

Now here is a villain that people forget to mention. J. Jonah Jameson. While Green Goblin is generally considered the arch nemesis, I think that Jameson truly deserves that title.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #40
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

Seriously? JJJ is a villain, but arch nemesis? C'mon son.

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:55 PM   #41
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

He'll always be "supporting character" to me. Just because he hates spider-man doesn't make him evil. He's had way to many good streaks to be a villain.

He does have nemesis qualities toward spidey though. Sort of that whole, "neither is whole without the other" concept.

More importantly, Vulture an A lister? Chyea. No way.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:06 PM   #42
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
A: Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Venom, The Lizard, The Vulture, Mysterio, etc.
B: Hobgoblin, Electro, Sandman, Scorpion, Rhino, Kingpin, Hobgoblin, Shocker, Chamelion, etc.
C: Carnage, Big Wheel, Rocket Racer, Molten Man, The Enforcers, etc.

Now here is a villain that people forget to mention. J. Jonah Jameson. While Green Goblin is generally considered the arch nemesis, I think that Jameson truly deserves that title.
Carnage in the same class as Big Wheel and Rocket Racer?

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #43
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

I suppose there's a smidge of opinion involved with ranking some villains. If you absolutely despise Venom for being a Bizarro-Spidey or because he is everything wrong with 90s comics, Carnage is just 10x worse.

But personally I think Carnage deserves a notch above The Enforcers. And definitely in the same tier as Hobgoblin

I guess i'll hop on the bandwagon.

A: Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Venom, some iterations of Kingpin [Burglar, in a sense. for his impact on every Spidey origin in history]
B: Mysterio, Kraven, Hobgoblin, Carnage, Lizard, Scorpion [Jameson, if you insist on calling him a villain]
C: Electro, Shocker, Rhino, Vulture, Chameleon, Sandman
D: Tinkerer, Hydro-Man, Boomerang, Morbius, all other symbiotes
F: Funny Bunny, Vermin, maybe Cardiac

Last edited by pr0xyt0xin; 07-03-2013 at 10:17 PM.
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:44 PM   #44
BenKenobi
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
I would never have thought of Foxx as Electro but then again Webb's cast in TASM was very good. I don't mind them changing Electro up as he isn't exactly an interesting villain.
Yeah he is, he's easily as powerful as magneto, maybe even more, but because he has such a severe inferiority complex he's unable to reach his full potential. The character as he stands can be used to say a lot of things, all that matters is that the director understands him. Given what we've seen from him thus far (appearance, his "world without mercy" line) it appears Marc isn't changing much besides the race and age, he's just using him the way the character should be used.

BenKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote