The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 07-03-2013, 05:12 PM   #76
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises Plot Holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
Yea but there was very little time left on the bomb, like even if they were outside the blast radius then the radiation would kill them...
You mean all of Gotham? I don't disagree. There would be after effects. But, we don't know how far he got or how far the radiation would travel, therefore we don't know how bad these effects would be. But I do agree that there would be some kind of effect.

Snow Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:16 PM   #77
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham's Knight View Post
You mean all of Gotham? I don't disagree. There would be after effects. But, we don't know how far he got or how far the radiation would travel, therefore we don't know how bad these effects would be. But I do agree that there would be some kind of effect.
Thought It would have the radius of Gotham

Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #78
Monicabbm
Side-Kick

Quote:
Why did all the bad guys hit batman instead of shooting him? How the F*** did batman escape a nuclear blast?
I posted this on Nolan fans long time ago. Well, I think it's what happened:

That's the expression he makes minutes before the explosion in the buildings:

After the explosion, he seems calm, but note that he's far from buildings, he couldn't have jumped in the explosion:

no buildings near him:

Here he seems to be near the beach, as if he had done a curve close to the beach, and the bat doesn't seem to be of a height too high as in previous images. it's like he down. Another thing, apparently there are trees near that location. What could explain the shadows:

Perhaps it was there that he jumped? The whole time the scene is cut to show Blake, but we don't know if the bat is too far from the point of view of John. And I think that is far from him.

After the beach scene, he cuts to john and then shows Batman looking for something. This occurred while he was still on the beach? He is looking for the autopilot? For the water?

So, then we see this:

I think he jumped near the beach, would make more sense than jumping in the middle of water.

the scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5YH7yAwGVM

Monicabbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:28 PM   #79
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
You're too kind
I am?

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:48 PM   #80
The Guard
Side-Kick

I think Batman's lack of expression in the Bat was one of my main issues with the finale.

He doesn't look calm, accepting, peaceful, etc. He looks downright bored.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #81
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Why did all the bad guys hit batman instead of shooting him?
The biggest showing of this is inside City Hall when the LoS member tried to only hit Batman with the shotgun and not shoot him, but I view it as being intentional only because if push comes to shove, Talia would want to be the one that did hurt Batman, and so she did.

The other ones weren't much of a problem because Batman is supposed to react faster, always have in the past two films except for being shot by Dent.

Quote:
How the F*** did batman escape a nuclear blast?
Auto Pilot and we don't know exactly when he escapes The Bat either because when we see the snippet of Batman in the cockpit, we see shadows of what could be buildings, so who knows. I toss it up as Batman safely escaping using Auto Pilot as Nolan wanted to show a big nuclear bomb as an endgame and didn't really care to really delve into a nuclear blast after effect or what have you.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:41 PM   #82
Ryan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I am?
Far.

Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:18 PM   #83
JackWhite
Third Man

lol, the dude clearly runs up towards Batman with his gun aimed at his head. Yeah, he could have fired off at least two shots, but it's one of those movie moments. Besides, the way Batman disarms and then proceeds to pistol whip him is beyond bad ass and makes up for any logical inconsistencies.

JackWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:53 PM   #84
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
I think Batman's lack of expression in the Bat was one of my main issues with the finale.

He doesn't look calm, accepting, peaceful, etc. He looks downright bored.
I loved that part. I don't think he looked bored at all. For me, he looked contemplative and then accepting.

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:29 AM   #85
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Yah, I rather like the look on Batman's face inside The Bat. He strains to pull the bomb out away from the city going over buildings and what have you and then he finally has this peaceful look to him like he knows this is it for him(Bruce) as Batman.

And I've said this before and I'll say it again, I always felt this is the perfect shot of Batman throughout the entire trilogy:

Last edited by Anno_Domini; 07-04-2013 at 02:35 AM.
Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:58 AM   #86
BlackFox
Almost ninja

In this scene light is also reflecting on and off his face, the impression of buildings going by, wouldn't be seen if he was way out over the bay area.

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:50 PM   #87
bilbo baggins
Side-Kick

first off i have to say i loved the movie, and i havent really ever had a complaint about plot holes. but after reading the novel where the bomb is described as being like 4 times more powerful than the bomb over hiroshima!! i mean that was like seventy plus years ago and they still are having problems. point being is why would nolan go with that in his "hyper-realistic" approach!!?? yes i know there were some very outlandish stuff that happened in the trilogy { batman and rachael dropping off a freakn building and hitting a cab comes to mind} but honestly a good chunk of the northeast would be devasted, forget bruce and gotham they are all radioactive ghouls {shout out to fallout the game who dont get the reference} i just dont understand why he went this rout after the lore he had established in his previous movies. listen if its just a huge friggin bomb without fallout it makes better sense. i feel better now gettn that off my chest.

bilbo baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:45 AM   #88
storyteller
Side-Kick

To me with that scene you got to realize that editing can be a lie. You just assume it's all happening after Blakes reaction. For all we know, it's like 5 minutes ago.

Its time to be a man..................and run away.
storyteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:33 PM   #89
NoMansLandEnt

this movie had more holes then a rotted tooth.

NoMansLandEnt is offline   Reply With Quote