The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 03:19 PM   #76
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Yeah that was pretty sad

TBH, I didn't want Woodley as MJ either, but that's because she's been just terrible the few times I've seen her act.
nothing to do with her "hotness" level.
but I didn't want to go in there and lump myself with the less well-intentioned posters.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:34 PM   #77
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Still cringing at the Woodley backlash. That was awful to see in loads. It's like this year droves of CBM fans just decided to become the complete stereotypes of themselves.

Last edited by Son of Coul; 07-03-2013 at 07:28 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #78
Bert
Side-Kick

I dunno why they would spend so much effort on Woodley. If i were a spidey fan id be.pissed that after 4 attempts they still havent made a good spiderman movie.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:25 PM   #79
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Don't know if this has been posted before, but I just read that Marvel has announced that there will be a Dark World panel at SDCC later this month.

http://collider.com/

Old 07-03-2013, 09:09 PM   #80
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
Yeah that was pretty sad

TBH, I didn't want Woodley as MJ either, but that's because she's been just terrible the few times I've seen her act.
nothing to do with her "hotness" level.
but I didn't want to go in there and lump myself with the less well-intentioned posters.
I take it you haven't seen The Descendant. She was great in that.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 07-03-2013, 10:24 PM   #81
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGeek View Post
Don't know if this has been posted before, but I just read that Marvel has announced that there will be a Dark World panel at SDCC later this month.

http://collider.com/
Figured that TDW and CA: TWS would get the bulk of the panel time for Marvel as the others are still far enough away to need much discussion at this time. I don't expect much about GotG since they only started filming last week but they may release the first official photo of shooting there. Next year's SDCC panel will be big for GotG since it comes out 2 weeks afterward. I wouldn't be surprised if they say which movies are going to be part of Phase 3.

Old 07-04-2013, 01:20 AM   #82
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
I dunno why they would spend so much effort on Woodley. If i were a spidey fan id be.pissed that after 4 attempts they still havent made a good spiderman movie.
Did you just kind of sleep through 2004?

Old 07-04-2013, 03:58 AM   #83
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorking View Post
MOS boards are the much better, people agree to disagree...in my experience...
Other than the occassional "Superman's the greatest if all time" comments the MOS boards are awesome.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 07-04-2013, 07:47 AM   #84
DareDemon
Hi! I like shorts!

Does anyone have a guess as to who the ancient evil predations the universe is? It can't be Malekith or Kurse, can it? I can think maybe Surtur, that'd be cool.

Old 07-04-2013, 07:56 AM   #85
DareDemon
Hi! I like shorts!

Quote:
^agreed, and the one minor nitpick i had with avengers was constantly calling him a "demi-god", or anything but "The God of Thunder".

C'mon Marvel, embrace it, he's a GOD, not a prince, not an alien, a GOD
screw the butt-hurt religious zealot types who'd get offended
Tony and Cap not accepting him as a god made sense to me. Cap is clearly a Christian, and he witnessed Loki getting knocked down. Evidence they are not all powerful. I would think the same, my God can't even be slightly harmed.

Tony is the person who knocked Loki down, so same idea (even if he doesn't have another religion).

Now, I'm sure some people in the MCU would worship Thor, Odin, whatevs as gods after Thor/Avengers. Wether it will be shown or not (I'm guessing not) is something else. Me personally though, if it were to happen in real life, would go the Cap/Iron Man route and treat them more like advanced aliens than gods. And I'm not even a superhero.

And another thing: while Odin is still alive, Thor is kind of a prince. He's not a demigod, I agree. But he is a prince, and he is a lower case g god (having been formerly worshipped).

Old 07-04-2013, 09:00 AM   #86
Alex Mann
Banned User

SDCC 2013 Premiere new Trailer.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:07 AM   #87
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
^agreed, and the one minor nitpick i had with avengers was constantly calling him a "demi-god", or anything but "The God of Thunder".

C'mon Marvel, embrace it, he's a GOD, not a prince, not an alien, a GOD
screw the butt-hurt religious zealot types who'd get offended
By definition he's all of those things.

Son of a king? = Prince.
Living being not from Earth? = Alien.
[Perceived] supernatural being [once] worshiped as the personification or controller of some aspect of the universe? = God.

It's got nothing to do with "butt-hurt religious" folk.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 07-04-2013, 09:32 AM   #88
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Mann View Post
Seriously dude, just stop. You're taking up posting space with your "predictions."

Don't quit your day job.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:15 AM   #89
Bert
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk23 View Post
Did you just kind of sleep through 2004?
No, in 2004 I saw Spiderman... which still featured the lame Tobey Maguire as Milquetoast Spiderman. I've actually seen Spiderman 2 more recently and still fail to see the reason for accolade

Old 07-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #90
Hammer!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
No, in 2004 I saw Spiderman... which still featured the lame Tobey Maguire as Milquetoast Spiderman. I've actually seen Spiderman 2 more recently and still fail to see the reason for accolade
Agreed. It has heart, sure. But seriously lacking in the brain department.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:43 AM   #91
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer! View Post
Agreed. It has heart, sure. But seriously lacking in the brain department.
In Spiderman 3, this was the scene that actually caused me to facepalm and feel embarassed for everyone involved with the movie:

Old 07-04-2013, 10:52 AM   #92
mc7791
The boys have arrived

Quote:
Originally Posted by OstrichsRevenge View Post
In Spiderman 3, this was the scene that actually caused me to facepalm and feel embarassed for everyone involved with the movie:
ok what does any of this have to do with Thor?

Old 07-04-2013, 11:05 AM   #93
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc7791 View Post
ok what does any of this have to do with Thor?
It was just a topic of conversation that came up. Thanks, moderator...oh, wait.

Old 07-04-2013, 12:03 PM   #94
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareDemon View Post
Does anyone have a guess as to who the ancient evil predations the universe is? It can't be Malekith or Kurse, can it? I can think maybe Surtur, that'd be cool.
Definitely Surtur

Quote:
Why are you still here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OstrichsRevenge View Post
It was just a topic of conversation that came up. Thanks, moderator...oh, wait.
annnd the brick wall goes UP

Old 07-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #95
mc7791
The boys have arrived

well Mann may have a point. Since there is no new trailer with Lone Ranger SDCC would be a good place. Or is it still too soon?

Old 07-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #96
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc7791 View Post
well Mann may have a point. Since there is no new trailer with Lone Ranger SDCC would be a good place. Or is it still too soon?
I think anybody with common sense could likely deduce that Marvel is holding back on releasing anything new until SDCC. Marvel has an hour and a half long presentation to discuss Thor: TDW, CA: TWS, GotG, and any other tidbits they want to release. Best opportunity to get the cast in front of a large crowd of fans and reporters and get the movie some attention leading up to its release.

Last edited by Webfoot Hero; 07-04-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:24 PM   #97
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:

2013 NBA Finals Game 6 premiere new trailer.

Next week's episode Real Housewives of Beverly Hills premiere new trailer.

New trailer premiere second new trailer *OFFICAIL MARVEL DISNEY THOR 2 SEQUEL CLICK HERE*

....Or maybe new trailer come when new trailer come.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 07-04-2013, 06:29 PM   #98
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

edit

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 07-04-2013, 06:48 PM   #99
mc7791
The boys have arrived

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
I think anybody with common sense could likely deduce that Marvel is holding back on releasing anything new until SDCC. Marvel has an hour and a half long presentation to discuss Thor: TDW, CA: TWS, GotG, and any other tidbits they want to release. Best opportunity to get the cast in front of a large crowd of fans and reporters and get the movie some attention leading up to its release.
that being the case if any footage is shown will there be an embargo for some time and all the rest of us that cannot attend will get is descriptions. I hope that whatever footage is shown shows how powerful Thor truly is.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:53 PM   #100
DareDemon
Hi! I like shorts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Definitely Surtur
Awesome. Is there any reason besides that synopsis you believe that? I'm sure there's nothing confirmed, but could be some rumors.

Also, lawl I said "predations the universe".