The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Age of Extinction

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 12:13 PM   #126
Lord
All Mighty

Default Re: Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME.

So, Michael Bay is rebooting his oun series?

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 07-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #127
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

It's more of a reboot within the same universe. New character designs, new humans, etc.

Old 07-04-2013, 02:12 PM   #128
Lord
All Mighty

Yeah, in least they can explain why the designs are diferente, as for the humans, these ones better have anything to do with the plot, like being part of the militar or something like that, Sam basically had to be shoe horned in transformers 2 and 3

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 07-04-2013, 04:39 PM   #129
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
This is getting confusing, I wonder which one BB will use most, I was hopinh the car already shown just to freshen things up a bit.
My theory is that, at some point in the film, they all have to switch alt modes.

Bumblebee to the old school camaro and Prime to the flat nose with rusted blue paint and flames.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 07-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #130
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
So, Michael Bay is rebooting his oun series?
It's not a reboot.

But we are getting new looks for all the transformers and, overall, a shift in the format.

We will probably see the Transformers taking precedent over the humans.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 07-08-2013, 07:47 PM   #131
DareDemon
Hi! I like shorts!

I loved the previous movies, and if this one focuses even more on Transformers that's even better. The biggest complaint I have of the other ones is letting auto companies name Mirage and Wheeljack "Dino" and "Que". Actually they may have only been responsible for Dino. At least they can still introduce Wheeljack and Mirage with their real names now, eventually, since they never technically appeared before. I'm sure there's gotta be more than one Autobot inventor; next one can have an actual Transformer name.

Old 07-09-2013, 03:39 AM   #132
def28
Side-Kick

Yeah, the Dino thing bothered me a bit. The two things that really pissed me off in DOTM was the lack of respect for Iron Hide and Sam killing Starscream.

Anyone know if there's been anyword or clues on Sideswipe coming back?

Old 07-09-2013, 03:58 AM   #133
SilentWarriorZ
men of bats

4th time may not be that easy they have to top the previous 3 this time .

Old 07-09-2013, 09:57 AM   #134
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
My theory is that, at some point in the film, they all have to switch alt modes.

Bumblebee to the old school camaro and Prime to the flat nose with rusted blue paint and flames.
Yeah thats what I thought as well, maybe the US government stops supporting them and instead stars hunting them to do experiments on them and such. Will be interesting to see.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 07-10-2013, 05:00 AM   #135
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Yeah, the Dino thing bothered me a bit. The two things that really pissed me off in DOTM was the lack of respect for Iron Hide and Sam killing Starscream.

Anyone know if there's been anyword or clues on Sideswipe coming back?
What makes me so mad is that Sideswipe is such a cool looking bot, and yet, he's been a non-character in the series thus far.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:53 PM   #136
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
It's not a reboot.

But we are getting new looks for all the transformers and, overall, a shift in the format.

We will probably see the Transformers taking precedent over the humans.
That went out the window with the whalberg casting imo.
Not that I personally care much, hollywood makes live action movies about humans. Avengers and PRim have it alot easier.

I'm personally curious what they will do with TMNT, considering how human like the turtles are.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:19 PM   #137
Pegasus

Another Transformers, haven't we seen enough when will this series die!!
In Transformers the story or plot doesn't make any sense.
The movie doesn't actually suck the viewer in the movie just plain sucks.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:59 AM   #138
Destructus86
Side-Kick

I really liked Dark of the Moon, I thought it was the best in the series. It was big in scope, better action and the Transformers had a lot more to do and say. So, I hope with T4 they go that route. I want the Transformers talking to each other more.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:08 AM   #139
terry78

Yeah, the Dreads vs. Ironhide and Sideswipe was a classic.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:29 PM   #140
Tristan_McClark
Side-Kick

The chase scene with the Dreads is one of my top chases ever! The music gets the blood flowing and the way the one dread insanely sprints ahead of the other two is crazy.

I'm really hoping T4 can top this, if it can.

Old 07-18-2013, 04:07 PM   #141
def28
Side-Kick

Yeah, the music was really good there. That whole section of the film is awesome till Iron Hide gets taken down. Sideswipe owns.

Old 07-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #142
terry78

Casting call in Chicago coming up this week for extras. Anybody in the city besides me, let me know if you choose to make history.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:06 PM   #143
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan_McClark View Post
The chase scene with the Dreads is one of my top chases ever! The music gets the blood flowing and the way the one dread insanely sprints ahead of the other two is crazy.

I'm really hoping T4 can top this, if it can.
Bay said this film would be akin to the chase from hell or something of that sort. I think that with bay's skill for car chases and movement and with the possibilities for action in this brand, the more chases he better.
It's the one thing no other property can hope to mess with.

freeway chases with characters going in and out of robot mode and some stuck in vehicle mode for added tension...could be great.

Old 07-29-2013, 04:13 AM   #144
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
What makes me so mad is that Sideswipe is such a cool looking bot, and yet, he's been a non-character in the series thus far.
Agreed. In DOTM didn't he take over for Iron Hide as Primes second in command? Maybe he will get a lil more screen time this time around.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:55 AM   #145
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

I really hope we see more Sideswipe back as well, and hopefully we get to see a lot more of him as the few scene's he has had in the series have been great.

Would love them to introduce his brother Sunstreaker as well.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 08-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #146
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick

I am hoping Bay can make up for Transformers 2 and 3 as the first movie is still pretty enjoyable. If TF 4 focuses more on the transformers and the fight scenes aren't a mess where it's hard to figure out who is fighting who, then I will be a happy camper. Also, give the human's something more to do other than military members and no lame / offensive jokes like the bots from TF 2 or dog's humping or Transformers with balls.

Old 08-05-2013, 09:18 PM   #147
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxer View Post
I am hoping Bay can make up for Transformers 2 and 3 as the first movie is still pretty enjoyable. If TF 4 focuses more on the transformers and the fight scenes aren't a mess where it's hard to figure out who is fighting who, then I will be a happy camper.
Well, the main cast is made up of people who have had prior acting experience (including the lead girl), so it's already a step up above the last film.

Also, the fight scenes in the 3rd film were a lot easier to make out because the 3D cameras used were so big and bulky, so they had to be really careful with them, hence the camera work looking a lot more professional.

Quote:
Also, give the human's something more to do other than military members and no lame / offensive jokes like the bots from TF 2 or dog's humping or Transformers with balls.
To be fair, there was little-to-no immature potty humor in the 3rd film. I can only think of one off of the top of my head (the "Deep Wang" scene), and that's it.

I was fairly surprised in how conservative Dark of the Moon was in that department. It had even less than the first film.

5-.-2-.-14

Old 08-09-2013, 09:13 AM   #148
dark_b
Side-Kick

wtf

why is Wahlberg looking like an old Shia .and why is Pelts looking like a young Huntington-Whiteley

Old 08-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #149
StarLord
Tech Noir.

I wonder if Wahlberg has perfected the ''No, no, no, no, no, no'' and ''OPTIMUUUUUUUUUUS'' yet...

Looks like he's holding some weird alien gun.

Old 08-09-2013, 09:24 PM   #150
def28
Side-Kick

Love the set videos online for these movies. So much chaos.

Detroit is getting destroyed!

Last edited by def28; 08-10-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Closed Thread