The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 02:31 AM   #101
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

You know who'd I'd like to see Thor face on the big screen? The World Serpent, I honestly don't know wh I'd rather see Thor fight out of it and Surtur.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 07-05-2013, 04:55 AM   #102
DareDemon
Hi! I like shorts!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

That'd be perfect for a Ragnorok adaptation in Thor 3

Old 07-05-2013, 07:16 AM   #103
Jenlet
Irritant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareDemon View Post
That'd be perfect for a Ragnorok adaptation in Thor 3

I'm just here for your:

Hi! I like shorts!

Sexypants Land

They're comfy and easy to wear!

You kill me. :>

Old 07-05-2013, 07:51 AM   #104
DareDemon
Hi! I like shorts!

I kill everyone! Kind of a psychopath.

I stole the shorts/easy to wear thing though. It's a quote from a pokemon trainer you fight on that route between Pewter City and Mt. Moon I believe. Weird I remember that.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #105
mc7791
The boys have arrived

Quote:
I kill everyone! Kind of a psychopath.

I stole the shorts/easy to wear thing though. It's a quote from a pokemon trainer you fight on that route between Pewter City and Mt. Moon I believe. Weird I remember that.
what does any of that have to do with Thor? First all the stuff about ASM2 cast and now Pokemon? I thought this was a Thor board.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:14 AM   #106
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc7791 View Post
what does any of that have to do with Thor? First all the stuff about ASM2 cast and now Pokemon? I thought this was a Thor board.
Instead of acting like a moderator (which, I need not remind you, you are not one), why don't you post something about Thor and move the conversation back on topic? For instance, we could talk about SDCC and how exciting that is and how close it is and what we might expect from it.

It's not your job to police this board so stop acting like it is.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #107
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Other than the occassional "Superman's the greatest if all time" comments the MOS boards are awesome.
I have this theory that each forum/thread takes on the character of the superhero that it's about. Things have gotten pretty snarky and self-destructive in the Iron Man boards, the Spidey boards are angsty and emo about girls, the TDK boards tend towards dark and obsessive behavior, the X-Men boards are filled with people trying to make peace with those who hate and fear Fox, and the Ant-Man boards are, well, pretty small. Meanwhile, the Thor, Cap, and Supes boards are mostly full of decent, noble and proud people. =)

Old 07-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #108
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Well if you all recall there were quite a few of you who wanted a WRESTLER over Hems. I even thought the Edge would have made a decent Thor or Asgardian. lol

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 07-05-2013, 11:33 AM   #109
SpocksBrain
Internet Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by OstrichsRevenge View Post
Instead of acting like a moderator (which, I need not remind you, you are not one), why don't you post something about Thor and move the conversation back on topic? For instance, we could talk about SDCC and how exciting that is and how close it is and what we might expect from it.

But apparently you think it's your job?

Old 07-05-2013, 11:46 AM   #110
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

LOOK Make mentions of OTHER superheroes BRIEF as long as it pertains to THOR other wise keep it to a minimum.
Ostrich was basically saying that I will remove said threads if they go on and on without a mention of THOR. I had made a special thread just for SUPES vs THOR and came close to BANNING people because they continued to bring the subject up in HERE.

....to every King.

Last edited by Vartha; 07-06-2013 at 01:49 AM.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:34 PM   #111
mc7791
The boys have arrived

Quote:

Im not acting like it is. Just asking a question. I have posted about Thor. Check my post history. I was not the one posting about non-Thor stuff on a board set up for Thor. I was just asking a question. Why is that so bad?

Old 07-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #112
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Well if you all recall there were quite a few of you who wanted a WRESTLER over Hems. I even thought the Edge would have made a decent Thor or Asgardian. lol
Haha, that's a humbling reminder. Still, I don't remember that people were nasty about it.

It sucks that they've really learned to lock down on video-taking at Comic-Con. Not that anyone around here should advocate the illegal posting of exclusive footage, but as I recall, such actions drove Marvel to release a clean, official Iron Man trailer earlier than planned in 2007. I'm guessing they'll show some exclusive footage from Thor: TDW but officially release a trailer with not as much/different footage. We're all starving for new Thor stuff!

Old 07-05-2013, 12:52 PM   #113
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick

Quote:
Im not acting like it is. Just asking a question. I have posted about Thor. Check my post history. I was not the one posting about non-Thor stuff on a board set up for Thor. I was just asking a question. Why is that so bad?
I know you weren't posting about non-Thor stuff. But instead of changing the topic of conversation, you decided to comment on how others were not talking about Thor. That's not your job and you've done it twice now.

I hope that TDW has a huge presence at SDCC. I know Marvel has a lot on the go at the moment, but I'd like to think that the Thor sequel is the most anticipated.

Old 07-05-2013, 01:15 PM   #114
mc7791
The boys have arrived

Quote:
I know you weren't posting about non-Thor stuff. But instead of changing the topic of conversation, you decided to comment on how others were not talking about Thor. That's not your job and you've done it twice now.

I hope that TDW has a huge presence at SDCC. I know Marvel has a lot on the go at the moment, but I'd like to think that the Thor sequel is the most anticipated.
when people started making MOS comments on the IM3 board several other posters started asking when this discussion is going to be about IM3 again. Did you jump on those people too? If so you should have. Dont jump on me when I am just pointing something out. Plenty of non-Mods do it to. I just dont like the boards on this site taken over like the trolls at other sites. Then whatever subject the board was supposed to be for in the first place becomes meaningless. I didnt want that to happen here.

I do hope whatever footage is shown at SDCC is released online soon after.

Old 07-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #115
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Awesome. Is there any reason besides that synopsis you believe that? I'm sure there's nothing confirmed, but could be some rumors.

Also, lawl I said "predations the universe".
It's just my opinion. But Malekith....not sure if you've read the simmonson arc, but Malekith leads to a surtur saga. Surtur, in the MU, is the oldest being save galactus, "enemy that predates the universe itself"..."Malekith"...sounds like surtur to me

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpocksBrain View Post
But apparently you think it's your job?
I typed out a response to this, but it would probably only start trouble, so i'll shorten it to this, ostrichsrevenge, practice what you preach, seriously. I think everyone here who ISN'T a moderator, KNOWS they aren't moderators, no need to remind it. People are entitled to their opinion

Old 07-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #116
mc7791
The boys have arrived

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
It's just my opinion. But Malekith....not sure if you've read the simmonson arc, but Malekith leads to a surtur saga. Surtur, in the MU, is the oldest being save galactus, "enemy that predates the universe itself"..."Malekith"...sounds like surtur to me

I typed out a response to this, but it would probably only start trouble, so i'll shorten it to this, ostrichsrevenge, practice what you preach, seriously. I think everyone here who ISN'T a moderator, KNOWS they aren't moderators, no need to remind it. People are entitled to their opinion
thank you Jaqua. What do you want to come out of the SDCC panel?

Old 07-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #117
OstrichsRevenge
Side-Kick

Quote:
It wasn't an opinion at all. It was a nag. Twice. Sometimes people get off topic. Unless it goes on forever, there's no need to comment with 'Why are you talking about......" Clearly, that's a question that doesn't require an answer and is only meant to be snarky.

In other news, Chris Hemsworth and Natalie Portman are expected to be at Comic Con in San Diego:

http://www.channel24.co.za/Movies/Ne...c-Con-20130705

Last edited by OstrichsRevenge; 07-05-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:55 PM   #118
DareDemon
Hi! I like shorts!

Quote:
Excellent, good to hear. That does give a bit more credence to the idea. I would really like the Thor movies to focus more on the mythological cosmic aspects rather than, say, Wrecking Crew or Absorbing Man. I've really only read the oldest Thor stories (which are nothing like modern Thor, I'm sure you know) for the 616 universe.

I want as much from real life mythology as possible, except of course slightly altered to fit in the Marvel universe.

--------

I would also like to apologize that my little side bar conversation consisting of one post led to another side bar conversation consisting of several posts detailing how we weren't talking about Thor. Probably would have been over quicker (cause it was over) if no one said anything, but okay.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:14 PM   #119
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Uggghhh only about 2 weeks away from some ACTUAL updates. SDCC can't get here soon enough.

Last edited by Rock Sexton; 07-05-2013 at 07:20 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:53 AM   #120
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

INDEED, I hope it's alot of good information even if it is just teasing type info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Uggghhh only about 2 weeks away from some ACTUAL updates. SDCC can't get here soon enough.

....to every King.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:59 AM   #121
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

I hope the full trailer is released after it's shown at SDCC.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 07-06-2013, 04:17 AM   #122
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I think the trailer will give us the first taste of what PHASE II is really going to feel like coming out of MARVEL STUDIOS. I don't think IM3 was an indicator of what the vibe of the next section of Marvel films will be like. It was it's own thing really, and Black delivered a film lined up with his own sense of what a summer popcorn film should be. I think it's DARK WORLD that is going to give us a bigger look at what things are going to be shaping up as in the MCU.

Last edited by KRYPTON INC.; 07-06-2013 at 04:47 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-06-2013, 05:17 AM   #123
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Yeah, I'm assuming Thor will show what we will expect in Space, and Cap 2 will lead some of the Earthly feel into Avengers 2.

....to every King.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:26 AM   #124
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I think that Iron Man 3 and Cap 2 continue the Marvel Earth based stuff while Thor 2 and Guardians Of The Galaxy continue the space based cosmic stuff.

In Avengers 2 they might tie them both together.

Old 07-06-2013, 08:46 AM   #125
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
I think that Iron Man 3 and Cap 2 continue the Marvel Earth based stuff while Thor 2 and Guardians Of The Galaxy continue the space based cosmic stuff.

In Avengers 2 they might tie them both together.
Sounds good to me. I'd love to see an impending cataclysmic event, something that really showcases the scale of cosmic Marvel and brings out all the big guns. Like an Annihilation Wave or something.

Closed Thread