The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > DC Comics

Old 06-09-2013, 10:33 PM   #426
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: DC Relaunching Everything? - Part 10

I've actually surprisingly enjoyed Lobdell's run on Superman. It's not great or anything, but it at least has made Superman enjoyable, readable, and most of all not boring which is what Perez's and Jurgens' runs were. I am quite miffed on Diggle leaving Action Comics though.

Old 06-09-2013, 10:44 PM   #427
HighFivingMF
Welp.

And if a story incorporates Hector Hammond AND Orion... I'mma read the **** outta that.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:22 AM   #428
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I've usually read more Marvel than DC but I have read DC comics ever now and again over the years. I never found DC continuity that difficult or hard to follow after the original crisis reboot of the DCU.

I'm not sure it needed a total reboot to begin with just a change in direction and they could of relaunched some of the lesser titles like they did with the 52. I think the reboot was done more marketing and sales reasons rather than it actually improving the quality and read ability of the comics.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:06 AM   #429
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
I've actually surprisingly enjoyed Lobdell's run on Superman. It's not great or anything, but it at least has made Superman enjoyable, readable, and most of all not boring which is what Perez's and Jurgens' runs were. I am quite miffed on Diggle leaving Action Comics though.
I agree.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #430
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

Well, finding out that we actually didn't get a light-reboot as Didio and Lee assured in with the new 52 is pretty pathetic... two years later in Batman #21.

Not getting a definite ending to the ~1988 to ~2010 (plus INC) Batman continuity is a low blow. They sure pussy-footed abound this whole ordeal...

I • N • T • E • R • S • T • E • L • L • A • R
antsman41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:22 AM   #431
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

We got a definite end to Post-Crisis continuity with Flashpoint. Even if it was a soft reboot, it was still a reboot.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:48 PM   #432
Donnie Darko
Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
I've usually read more Marvel than DC but I have read DC comics ever now and again over the years. I never found DC continuity that difficult or hard to follow after the original crisis reboot of the DCU.

I'm not sure it needed a total reboot to begin with just a change in direction and they could of relaunched some of the lesser titles like they did with the 52. I think the reboot was done more marketing and sales reasons rather than it actually improving the quality and read ability of the comics.
I actually think it's more confusing than ever now.

How long have characters been around? Is it only five years? Was Batman around before that? What about Green Lantern? Who is alive again? Who is still dead? Who doesn't exist? Which stories still happened, and which ones didn't? I wasn't really around for the first Crisis (I was born in 1983), so I don't know if it had this same effect or if it was a much better defined reboot/clean-up in the ongoings.

Old 06-17-2013, 05:47 PM   #433
HighFivingMF
Welp.

W... W... Wally?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06/...kevin-maguire/

Old 06-17-2013, 06:03 PM   #434
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Hopefully. But either way, I like those designs. And Giffen and DeMatteis means I'm buying it.

Old 06-17-2013, 06:23 PM   #435
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

I'd like that to be Wally. It might end up being John Fox or whoever the One Million dude is.

I'd also like to see a Flash event that ties together the Flash family.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #436
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

I don't think anyone cares enough about the character to revive the thread, so I'll throw this here, ongoing Superman/Wonder Woman book:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06/...nwonder-woman/

I mean, I'll probably read it, but ****ing whatever.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:46 PM   #437
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

I like Daniels art so I'll buy the first arc.

Hush is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:36 AM   #438
Superman Earth1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
I don't think anyone cares enough about the character to revive the thread, so I'll throw this here, ongoing Superman/Wonder Woman book:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06/...nwonder-woman/

I mean, I'll probably read it, but ****ing whatever.
I guess that mean this relationship will be sticking around for some time to come. If it is written well then I am all for this. However when they do end the relationship this book should end as well. I also think the reason why they brake up should be because of Lois and his feelings for her.

Superman Earth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:06 PM   #439
Superman Earth1
Side-Kick

I'm sorry is it me or does anyone else think Earth-2 Superman just returned today as a servant of Darkseid.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:13 AM   #440
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

Hey how about a ****ing spoiler tag on that.

Avvy by Hunter Rider.
Hush is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:05 AM   #441
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
I really hope not. A guy who's on the Justice League a thousand years in the future isn't Wally West. At best, he could have Wally's name and some of his personality traits, but that's kind of a s***ty consolation prize for those of us still waiting around for the Wally we know and love.

Old 07-05-2013, 11:46 AM   #442
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

It could be the same Wally. Time travel's a big Flash thing.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:02 PM   #443
nite-owl
Side-Kick

I've come to terms that the Wally That I know and love isn't coming back.

nite-owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #444
flash13
Wally West

Quote:
Originally Posted by nite-owl View Post
I've come to terms that the Wally That I know and love isn't coming back.
I'm still in the denial stage

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 8/10
GODZILLA 8/10
X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST 9/10
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 7.5/10
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay: Part 1, November 21

Avengers: Age of Ultron, May 1
Jurassic World, June 12
The Fantastic Four, June 19
Ant-Man, July 31
Assassin's Creed, August 7

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay: Part 2, November 20
Star Wars: Episode VII, December 18
flash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:50 PM   #445
HighFivingMF
Welp.

A few post-Trinity War solicitations, for the speculators in ya. These are the solicitations DC released, so they shouldn't be TOO huge in the spoiler department. All of the solo books are continuing with their current story arcs or new ones that take place before or after these events.

Forever Evil #2
The villains have taken over the world! The Teen Titans fight back! Can the inexperienced teen heroes do what the adults could not? (Answer: Nope. It goes very poorly.)

Forever Evil: ARGUS #1
The villains have killed the Justice League and decimated A.R.G.U.S.’s headquarters. Only Steve Trevor and the surviving A.R.G.U.S. agents can pick up the pieces and save the civilian populace from unthinkable evil!

Forever Evil: Arkham War #1
As FOREVER EVIL hits the world, no corner of the DC Universe is in worse shape than Gotham City! Madness and mayhem hit the streets as both Arkham Asylum and Blackgate Prison unleash their prisoners upon the helpless citizens of Gotham. And with no Dark Knight to protect the city, what horrors will follow?

Forever Evil: Rogues Rebellion #1
The Rogues call no man boss, but a new evil threat might not leave them much choice! Will they fall in line, or refuse and risk certain death? The answer will tear the Rogues apart!

Justice League #24
A “Forever Evil” tie-in! THE JUSTICE LEAGUE IS DEAD! But who’s at the top of the food chain now? And what does BLACK ADAM have to say about it?

Justice League of America #08
A “Forever Evil” tie-in! THE JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA IS DEAD. But in the aftermath, one of the team’s members uncovers the JLA’s darkest secrets!

Justice League Dark #24
A “Forever Evil” tie-in! THE JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK IS DEAD. Not even the JL Dark can escape the evil that’s invaded the Earth—except for John Constantine! But why has he alone survived? And will he try to stop the villains—or join them? Long live the NEW Justice League Dark!

Suicide Squad #24
A FOREVER EVIL tie-in! Belle Reve has been turned to rubble and the inmates are on the loose! Alone, Amanda Waller must fight her way out and form a new Suicide Squad! Or is a new team already in place?

My assumption would be that Shazam is the one on top mentioned in the Justice League solicitation. Also, Hal Jordan hasn't been shown in any of these promotional images, so whatever happens to Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg, Firestorm, Element Woman, and Atom probably doesn't happen to him. And Johns did mention that Hal would rejoin the League sooner or later.

I think Martian Manhunter is also spared by whatever happens to the other Leagues since Kidnt's five-issue run on JLA is supposed to center on him, which very well can't happen if he's "dead."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?i...5&page=article

Also of note, Aquaman's beard is back!

Old 07-09-2013, 03:54 AM   #446
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

This dollar raise for Justice League Dark is getting old. That said, it's also selling badly, so these tie-ins to the main Justice League stories and the dollar jump might be a help for the title.

I'm actually surprised that Phantom Stranger didn't get canceled after Trinity War due to how badly it sells. It does need to wrap up the Sin Eater storyline, so maybe it's going to last until then. Or maybe they're waiting to see how sales are after the Trinity War tie-ins.

I bought the first issue of the new Green Lantern creative team and am torn on whether or not to continue it. I buy too much but love Hal Jordan. I skipped this past issue and realized yesterday that I miss it, but I hate the almost constant crossovers with the Green Lantern titles. October's solicitations doesn't help me make that decision as the cost of buying Green Lantern jumps from $3 to $17 for a single month. I hate that.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:23 AM   #447
nite-owl
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash13 View Post
I'm still in the denial stage
We should start a support group.

nite-owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:11 AM   #448
Superman Earth1
Side-Kick

Can someone please explain why Batman is on the cover of Forever Evil with all the villains? I am wondering if he is the reason why the heroes disappeared or went their own way.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:01 AM   #449
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

He has set up ways to defeat the League as of the most recent issue, so it's possible.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:06 PM   #450
Tron Bonne
Trying Not To Look...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman Earth1 View Post
Can someone please explain why Batman is on the cover of Forever Evil with all the villains? I am wondering if he is the reason why the heroes disappeared or went their own way.
Storyline hasn't happened yet, so no one can tell you. You'll just have to follow the series or wait here until someone here reads them and spills them.

Quote: