The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Old 07-03-2013, 12:17 PM   #126
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Default Re: William Fitchner IS The Shredder

Stuff is getting tense around Here. Lol

Old 07-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #127
Tanin
Tsukino Usagi

I'm seeing this film in theatre no matter what. I saw the other 4 and I see no reason to break tradition.

Tanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:50 PM   #128
Nathan

Never saw any of the Movie in Theaters. Wish I would have experienced the first one on the big screen. The 2nd one was ok. The 3rd, abysmal. Number 4, I honestly didn't care for the direction, so I didn't bother.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:47 PM   #129
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

I haven't seen any on the big screen. I wasn't alive to see the first3 in theaters and I just didn't want to go the 4th in theaters. The combination of it being animated as well as it featuring an original villain bugged me to the point where, at first, I had not interest in seeing it. Once I actually saw it, I kinda regretted the decision. It was worth it, at least, for the quality animation and action scenes.

And I'm with you Nathan I feel the same way about the previous 4 films, quality wise. Especially 3. It does have a few funny jokes and Tarzan Boy is a guilty pleasure, but thats it.

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 07-03-2013 at 07:51 PM.
SpideyFan866 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:10 PM   #130
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
And you know what we're getting in the final product? You seen the movie?

Stop acting like an ass for no reason.
that's how i am. so just...

GREEN =w= DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:45 PM   #131
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN =w= DAY View Post
that's how i am. so just...

Old 07-04-2013, 03:11 AM   #132
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

Quote:
LOL

i'm sorry if i came off as an ass, but i really love the TMNT. and so far i have not really liked what i've being seeing so far.

GREEN =w= DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:27 AM   #133
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN =w= DAY View Post
LOL

i'm sorry if i came off as an ass, but i really love the TMNT. and so far i have not really liked what i've being seeing so far.
Yeah. I understand. Sorry to go off on you like that but the increasing *****ing about this movie, despite the improvements, has started to get to me.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #134
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
William Fichtner reveals his character's name in the new TMNT movie. Not Oroku Saki, but named Eric Sachs
http://screenrant.com/teenage-mutant...ner-interview/
eric sachs, eric sachs so that the real name of colonel schrader

sorry folks this film could have the best fight scenes the most amazing cgi and epic arcs but eric sachs

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
the_ultimate_evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #135
Donut
Side-Kick

I'm guessing this is going to be one of those things where he puts on the costume at the end & calls himself Shredder & leaves the military & starts the ninja thief's foot clan

Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #136
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
I'm guessing this is going to be one of those things where he puts on the costume at the end & calls himself Shredder & leaves the military & starts the ninja thief's foot clan
It'll probably be more like the League of Shadows in The Dark Knight Rises.

A ninja clan turned militarized guerrilla unit.

Old 07-04-2013, 07:33 PM   #137
Klank
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
eric sachs, eric sachs so that the real name of colonel schrader

sorry folks this film could have the best fight scenes the most amazing cgi and epic arcs but eric sachs
I think at this point it's best to view him as an original character like Max Winters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
He already has the Foot in the movie but the part of him simply putting on the costume at the end seems most likely and fits with what Fitchner said about Sachs going through a change.

I suppose that would be better than him morphing into a spikey alien the turtles nickname 'Shredder'. At least I hope this aspect has been ditched.

Quote:
It'll probably be more like the League of Shadows in The Dark Knight Rises.

A ninja clan turned militarized guerrilla unit.
Obviously we can't know for sure but given the people involved do you really believe they'll go down that route?

Last edited by Klank; 07-04-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Klank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #138
Tanin
Tsukino Usagi

Maybe at the end he decides to make coleslaw and needs a specialized suit for it.

Old 07-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #139
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

I just deplore Eastman defending this especially with a big change as going from Oroku Saki to Erik Sachs. I would love to hear Laird's thoughts on all these changes. I know he blasted the whole alien idea by making sketches and commenting on it.

I will say I did love the joke someone made the other day by calling his name Goldman Sachs and having him be called the Shredder because he shreds papers. Genius joke.

Old 07-04-2013, 11:17 PM   #140
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klank View Post
Obviously we can't know for sure but given the people involved do you really believe they'll go down that route?
Considering that they've already shown a willingness to comply to the fans demands while still retaining some of their ideas.... I don't see why not.

I do think they could go that route.

Old 07-04-2013, 11:19 PM   #141
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtleFan View Post
I just deplore Eastman defending this especially with a big change as going from Oroku Saki to Erik Sachs. I would love to hear Laird's thoughts on all these changes. I know he blasted the whole alien idea by making sketches and commenting on it.

I will say I did love the joke someone made the other day by calling his name Goldman Sachs and having him be called the Shredder because he shreds papers. Genius joke.
Eastman is really just in it for the money now. He does really care too much anymore. Or rather, he doesn't care enough.

and agreed on the Goldman Sachs joke. That one even made me laugh.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:02 AM   #142
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

You know I was thinking about how this could be saved or even work

The Idw route.

Have him be Eric Sachs a general in the milatary in change of his elite group which he has named the foot, though he doesn't know why, play up the whole conflicting ideals and memory's he has had his whole life but seeing splinter and the turtle has kicked it in to high gear

When he finally snaps he realises the foot, yoshi are all from a past life. He recreates his armour demands to be known as saki and becomes the own true shredder

Maybe I'm over thinking it or maybe I've just put in the space of 5 minutes more thought into the character than the entire writing staff on this film.

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
the_ultimate_evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:42 AM   #143
TMaresca84

I am open to change, as long as its faithful. I feel everyone is jumping the gun here and the man said he is playing Shredder, not that colonial crap. The foot eve have the Japanese logos on the side of there armor. T agree that we are prob getting a "league of shadows" type foot. If so im down. But i will go nuts if the man is not wearing some bad ass shredder armor by the final battle of this movie.

TMaresca84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:20 PM   #144
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

1. Keep the Foot the Foot. A military group is not the Foot Clan. Sure, the 80's cartoon show had robots fighting with katanas and blasters, but they still did ninjitsu. And they don't look like ninjas, they look like they work for Blackwater.

2. I don't want reincarnation. I just want the damn Shredder. I just want Oroku Saki. I don't care if one considers themself as an "egghead" or out of the box but by completely changing the skin color, the name, and who Shredder is and what he stands for--- that's not being out of the box, that's being a guy who either doesn't know a thing about the comics and cartoons, or has been told by his superiors to think BIG so instead of keeping the fans happy that person instead decides to do the opposite and pisses them off.

3. I don't see the positive of having Splinter be smaller than the Turtles. The whole making him a midget-sized Yoda-wise-sage idea is going to make me just think of "Kung-Fu Panda."

4. The casting of Whoopi Goldberg as Thompson. I still don't understand it. I'm not dismissive of it as other casting choices this movie has made, but it still is a very out of left-field casting.

5. Will Arnett as Vernon. This is the only real casting I like. I think Megan Fox won't be a bad April, but certainly not my dream April (Bryce Dallas Howard).

6. The Turtles. I hope they are a mixture of the old 80's comics design and the 1980's show than this (even though I want to play the game).

Old 07-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #145
Tanin
Tsukino Usagi

1. I personally believe looking like a military group is the best way to go, if they dressed like literal ninjas in New York they would be outed probably within a week. They need to go unnoticed and flashing military garb will get you that nowadays while running about in black with get homeland security called on you.

2. If you want a very faithful Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles... they made that film in 1990... almost perfect; Shredder is the leader of the Foot Clan... he does not NEED to be Oroku Saki. Oroku Saki was some vain idiot whom got himself killed in the FIRST comic. I'd like a better version of the character this time around thank you. I find fixating on a name

3. A full grown rat is smaller then a full grown turtle, I see no problem with him being smaller. Not to mention he is drawn smaller quite often so it is faithful.

4 & 5. None of the casting has thrown me for a loop yet.

6. I agree.

Old 07-06-2013, 05:24 PM   #146
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanin View Post
1. I personally believe looking like a military group is the best way to go, if they dressed like literal ninjas in New York they would be outed probably within a week. They need to go unnoticed and flashing military garb will get you that nowadays while running about in black with get homeland security called on you.
Ninjas are not supposed to be seen.

Quote:
2. If you want a very faithful Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles... they made that film in 1990... almost perfect; Shredder is the leader of the Foot Clan... he does not NEED to be Oroku Saki. Oroku Saki was some vain idiot whom got himself killed in the FIRST comic.
Well, if the most iconic villain in Turtle lore doesn't need to be called by his actual name, I guess we don't NEED a News Reporter that goes by the name April O'Neil. We don't NEED a masked vigilante named Casey Jones.

Quote:
I'd like a better version of the character this time around thank you.
And we already got several great interpretations since. Why can't we continue the trend?

Old 07-07-2013, 01:14 AM   #147
guy_from_nerk
Side-Kick

I swear the post on these forums get dumber and dumber as the days pass. I'm laughing at the guy 2 post above, I guess there's no need to call Batman, Bruce Wayne!

guy_from_nerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:46 AM   #148
CinematicESP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
You know I was thinking about how this could be saved or even work

The Idw route.

Have him be Eric Sachs a general in the milatary in change of his elite group which he has named the foot, though he doesn't know why, play up the whole conflicting ideals and memory's he has had his whole life but seeing splinter and the turtle has kicked it in to high gear

When he finally snaps he realises the foot, yoshi are all from a past life. He recreates his armour demands to be known as saki and becomes the own true shredder
I can definitely see them going this route. In fact, I'm expecting a reincarnation angle after Fichtner's comments about "stages of existence."

I think Karai could factor in and present some conflict too (since we've seen set photos of an actress dressed like the character). Perhaps she's the real Oroku Saki's heir in charge of the current Foot Clan. Under her command, the Foot have adapted with the times, using guns and such. She could be responsible for resurrecting/reincarnating Oroku Saki through Eric Sachs, and maybe he takes issue with the direction she's taken the Foot. He resumes control, and reverts back to a more traditional ninja Foot Clan.

With the way a lot of franchise movies seem to be setting up the "status quo" at the end of them (Batman Begins, Ridley Scott's Robin Hood, Skyfall, Man of Steel, etc.), I wouldn't be surprised if this Turtle film does the same, giving us more familiar versions of these characters by the end of it.

CinematicESP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #149
Tanin
Tsukino Usagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Ninjas are not supposed to be seen.

Well, if the most iconic villain in Turtle lore doesn't need to be called by his actual name, I guess we don't NEED a News Reporter that goes by the name April O'Neil. We don't NEED a masked vigilante named Casey Jones.

And we already got several great interpretations since. Why can't we continue the trend?
Ninja's aren't seen because they blend in... they aren't invisible Military garb is less inconspicuous then ninja wear at least in America. Unsure about Japan

Scientist not News Reporter and no... Casey Jones isn't in it.

Until we see what they are planning how do you know this is a bad interpretation?

Old 07-07-2013, 11:03 AM   #150
Tanin
Tsukino Usagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy_from_nerk View Post
I swear the post on these forums get dumber and dumber as the days pass. I'm laughing at the guy 2 post above, I guess there's no need to call Batman, Bruce Wayne!
Please don't call me dumb.

Shredder is literally the title of the leader of the foot clan. Several people have been the leader in the comics, including Saki's adopted daughter and even Raphael at one point.

Oroku Saki is usually played as a dumb revenge driven fool. He was killed off in the first story so if they wish to skip him as the head then I have no problem with it. I can see him killed off before the movie for sure. If they want to keep him more power to them. Depends on how much of an origin film this is to be. I am not going to give up on the film due to it as it isn't necessary to be faithful to the comics. Iconic doesn't always mean best.

And yes you can have others then Bruce Wayne be Batman... I've read several stories as such. Though he needs to be the first Batman.