The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #401
AlexanderLykins
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

I'm actually not sure if Nick Fury will have anything to do with it. Didn't really think before I posted.

Last edited by AlexanderLykins; 07-06-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:55 PM   #402
AlexanderLykins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post
SHIELD gonna light up the Thor signal?
Not exactly. I actually honestly don't think S.H.I.E.L.D. or Nick Fury will have anything to do with the situation. I think one of three things could happen. I think Thor will either choose Earth and Jane Foster over Asgard or be forced to leave for freeing Loki. The final reason Thor returns to Earth is because Asgard is taken over/invaded or destroyed and Thor is forced to go get help from the Avengers. Only to find that Earth is having it's own problems upon his return.

Old 07-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #403
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face

Quote:
They made it by doing only minor modifications to Tony Stark's pre-existing Whore signal.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #404
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderLykins View Post
Not exactly. I actually honestly don't think S.H.I.E.L.D. or Nick Fury will have anything to do with the situation. I think one of three things could happen. I think Thor will either choose Earth and Jane Foster over Asgard or be forced to leave for freeing Loki. The final reason Thor returns to Earth is because Asgard is taken over/invaded or destroyed and Thor is forced to go get help from the Avengers. Only to find that Earth is having it's own problems upon his return.
Of those explanations, I'd find the least likely one to be that Asgard is overwhelmed and Thor seeks help from his mortal buddies. Not that Thor would look down his nose at his superbuddies, but seriously --- if the problem is too big for THOR to handle, he can't expect any of the others except The Jolly Green Giant to make any significant contribution to the fight at all.

I think Thor: TDW will give us our answer about what brings him back to Midgard in TA2. My suspicion is that it involves whatever dark forces Malekith is summoning. Could be Surtur, could be Thanos, Chthon, some other cosmic Big Bad, who knows. Whoever/whatever it is, though, is likely to be the thing that causes the Avengers to re-assemble in TA2.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 07-06-2013, 09:42 PM   #405
AlexanderLykins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Of those explanations, I'd find the least likely one to be that Asgard is overwhelmed and Thor seeks help from his mortal buddies. Not that Thor would look down his nose at his superbuddies, but seriously --- if the problem is too big for THOR to handle, he can't expect any of the others except The Jolly Green Giant to make any significant contribution to the fight at all.

I think Thor: TDW will give us our answer about what brings him back to Midgard in TA2. My suspicion is that it involves whatever dark forces Malekith is summoning. Could be Surtur, could be Thanos, Chthon, some other cosmic Big Bad, who knows. Whoever/whatever it is, though, is likely to be the thing that causes the Avengers to re-assemble in TA2.
Then I think we probably have narrowed it own to two possibilities. Malekith either gets away at the end of Thor and joins the Master of Evil or it's Thanos. I honestly don't think Surtur will make an MCU appearance until they make a third Thor movie and he's not necessarily an Avengers villain.

So I think I have now narrowed it down to three possibilities now. Either Thor chooses to go back to Earth with Jane Foster or he chases Malekith to Earth and Malekith joins the Masters of Evil. Or maybe he does the former and the villain in Avengers 2 is High Evolutionary.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:57 PM   #406
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Then I think we probably have narrowed it own to two possibilities. Malekith either gets away at the end of Thor and joins the Master of Evil or it's Thanos. I honestly don't think Surtur will make an MCU appearance until they make a third Thor movie and he's not necessarily an Avengers villain.

So I think I have now narrowed it down to three possibilities now. Either Thor chooses to go back to Earth with Jane Foster or he chases Malekith to Earth and Malekith joins the Masters of Evil. Or maybe he does the former and the villain in Avengers 2 is High Evolutionary.

I honestly don't expect to see more from Malekith after TDW, but we'll see. Malekith seems like a very disposable villain. But I think he's going to set events in motion that will reverberate throughout the Nine Realms. Malekith serves a greater power (the dark and ancient evil they keep talking about in the official press releases for TDW), and *that* power is the one that's going to drive the story in TA2.

Thanos is still the odds-on favorite, I'm sure. But there could be powers even greater than him at work here. I'm thinking that we're on the verge of some sort of black magic (re)awakening, and it's possible that Joss intends Scarlet Witch to have something to do with that. (i.e., have her be an actual Scarlet Witch, and have her powers be explained as chaos magic instead of a mutant gene. Then she could have some kind of link/knowledge of the darker power Malekith serves. This could also feed into the Dr. Strange movie coming in Phase III.)

Old 07-06-2013, 10:01 PM   #407
AlexanderLykins
Side-Kick

Quote:
I honestly don't expect to see more from Malekith after TDW, but we'll see. Malekith seems like a very disposable villain. But I think he's going to set events in motion that will reverberate throughout the Nine Realms. Malekith serves a greater power (the dark and ancient evil they keep talking about in the official press releases for TDW), and *that* power is the one that's going to drive the story in TA2.

Thanos is still the odds-on favorite, I'm sure. But there could be powers even greater than him at work here. I'm thinking that we're on the verge of some sort of black magic (re)awakening, and it's possible that Joss intends Scarlet Witch to have something to do with that. (i.e., have her be an actual Scarlet Witch, and have her powers be explained as chaos magic instead of a mutant gene. Then she could have some kind of link/knowledge of the darker power Malekith serves. This could also feed into the Dr. Strange movie coming in Phase III.)
I could see Malekith serving Surtur. Not Thanos though. I don't think Thanos will be involved in the events of Thor: The Dark World. I think Surtur is and should be the big bad of a possible Thor trilogy.

I'm not even going to start with the magic stuff besides saying that it's confusing as *****.

Old 07-07-2013, 04:02 AM   #408
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Well after TDW I bet there will be some sort of communication with Asgard if Jane's going TO Asgard.
Besides Heimdall's ALWAYS watching we may not really need to call them, they'll just come if there IS trouble.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 07-07-2013, 04:13 AM   #409
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I could see Malekith serving Surtur. Not Thanos though. I don't think Thanos will be involved in the events of Thor: The Dark World. I think Surtur is and should be the big bad of a possible Thor trilogy.

I'm not even going to start with the magic stuff besides saying that it's confusing as *****.
lol Because it's something you can't explain with Science? Why would you need it to completely understand it?
MOST of the time, it's simply the ability to make something out of something else. In many cases Magik can't make something from nothing, and it's basically being able to make things happen via a spoken phrase.

Sort of like changing the shape an object's molecular structure with words. It's knowing the NATURE of an object, and being able to effect it.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 07-07-2013, 10:10 AM   #410
marcvader
Lurker #1

I'm thinking things happening in Asgard will essentiallly be taken care of in TDW and have little nothing to do with A2 other than Thor returning to Earth at the end of it. At some point Thor's pledge to protect Earth has to be put to the test and whatever that is that threatens Earth will be just that independent from the occurrences of TDW.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 07-07-2013, 10:31 AM   #411
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
I'm thinking things happening in Asgard will essentiallly be taken care of in TDW and have little nothing to do with A2 other than Thor returning to Earth at the end of it. At some point Thor's pledge to protect Earth has to be put to the test and whatever that is that threatens Earth will be just that independent from the occurrences of TDW.

Maybe; but I'm getting an All (Phase II) Roads Lead to Avengers II vibe here. I think things that have been set up in the individual Phase II movies will have a melting-pot payoff in TA2. I suspect that includes AIM from IM3, HYDRA from CATWS, Thanos from GOTG, and whoever Malekith's "boss" is in TDW. I'm thinking that either there's an alien "Secret Invasion" infiltration already going on on Earth that gets revealed in TA2, or it's a case of HYDRA/AIM summoning dark forces from other planets and/or dimensions to Earth.

Old 07-07-2013, 10:43 AM   #412
marcvader
Lurker #1

Could be. I'm excited at this point cause I really have no clue what to expect but of course these websites we live in will inevitably spoil it the more information that comes out the closer to release we get.

Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 07-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #413
AlexanderLykins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
lol Because it's something you can't explain with Science? Why would you need it to completely understand it?
MOST of the time, it's simply the ability to make something out of something else. In many cases Magik can't make something from nothing, and it's basically being able to make things happen via a spoken phrase.

Sort of like changing the shape an object's molecular structure with words. It's knowing the NATURE of an object, and being able to effect it.
I just haven't read up on that stuff in the comics yet. I had no clue that whole side of the Marvel Universe existed. I understand the basic idea but feel it's kind of dumb. I'm in the minority when it comes to this and I'm sure if I read up on the magic portion of the Marvel universe I would enjoy it. I just feel like it's going to be tough to do the magic side of the MCU justice when clearly the MCU is going cosmic.

Old 07-07-2013, 10:51 AM   #414
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
This is the film universe, not the comics universe. Whedon will obviously have to change some things that were in the comics in order to adapt the characters for the films. Marvel cannot use the mutant angle or Magneto as Wanda & Pietro's father, a fact that has been repeated in this thread ad nauseam. Do you understand the concept of adaptation, or has that gone completely over your head? I'm curious because you appear to expect the films to slavishly follow the comics when that has never been the case.
They can technically be mutants they just can use the word mutants to describe them. Having said that i think Whedon is going to expose there Pregnant mother to the Terrigen Mist and they will probably be born with there powers. The Other will most likely give Scarlet Witch the ability to use chaos magic like he did in the comics.
Quote:
Fictional character biography

Magda — pregnant with the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver — takes sanctuary at Mount Wundagore in Transia, the home of the High Evolutionary, after seeing her husband Magnus use his magnetic powers for the first time. The twins are born during a battle between the Knights of Wundagore and the Other, "the elemental host of Cthon"; Mt. Wundagore is the prison of the Elder God Chthon, and Magda had come to the mountain in the midst of a plot of his to escape the prison. Cthon altered Wanda and will later give her the ability to use magic in addition to her mutant abilities; Cthon had planned to use her as a vessel for his own demonic possession when she reached maturity, a vessel with both mutant and magical powers. Fearing that Magnus would discover the children, Magda leaves the sanctuary and dies of exposure to the elements. The twins are attended by Bova. Bova soon assists the World War II superheroine Miss America through labor, but the birth results in a stillborn child and Miss America loses her own life in the process. These complications are thought to be due to radiation poisoning deliberately caused by the villain Isbisa, the enemy of Miss America's husband Robert Frank, a.k.a Whizzer. Bova hides the truth from Frank and claims that only the mother has died, and that he now has twin children. Frank is shocked at the death of his wife and flees at super speed.[11] As Wundagore was no place for human infants, the High Evolutionary places them in the care of the Romani Django and Marya Maximoff, who raise the twins as their own children. The twins are forced to flee a mob when Wanda uses her powers to protect herself and accidentally causes a fire that kills their adoptive Roma mother.[12]

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 07-07-2013 at 11:09 AM.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #415
AlexanderLykins
Side-Kick

Quote:
I am thinking this is probably the biggest possibility.

Old 07-07-2013, 10:55 AM   #416
marcvader
Lurker #1

The magic side of the Marvel universe has always been a huge element of the comics and I hope it's also translated cinematically.

Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 07-07-2013, 11:01 AM   #417
AlexanderLykins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Maybe; but I'm getting an All (Phase II) Roads Lead to Avengers II vibe here. I think things that have been set up in the individual Phase II movies will have a melting-pot payoff in TA2. I suspect that includes AIM from IM3, HYDRA from CATWS, Thanos from GOTG, and whoever Malekith's "boss" is in TDW. I'm thinking that either there's an alien "Secret Invasion" infiltration already going on on Earth that gets revealed in TA2, or it's a case of HYDRA/AIM summoning dark forces from other planets and/or dimensions to Earth.
The only possibility I see from this list is Thanos. I think if they do include A.I.M. and HYDRA it's going to be a Masters of Evil angle.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:03 AM   #418
AlexanderLykins
Side-Kick

Quote:
The magic side of the Marvel universe has always been a huge element of the comics and I hope it's also translated cinematically.
I think it's a given at this point that magic is on it's way. It just seems if magic was such a big portion of the Marvel Universe that it would have translated to the MCU earlier than it has.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:17 AM   #419
marcvader
Lurker #1

I think they've been universe building so far and didn't want to overwhelm or turn off the ga. They've laying a solid foundation I think that'll help this cinematic universe from collapsing on itself. Baby steps

Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 07-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #420
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

The magic could definitely work because it's not too much at once and it's different. Change things up, but keep it gradual, and it maintains interest. They didn't jump right into Tony's floating armor in the first movie. They built up the way he gets into his suits so that by IM3 when he's calling pieces with his brain from halfway across the country, it doesn't seem so ludicrous, and is refreshing to watch at the same time because it's not him still getting into a big contraption every time he suits up. I feel the same about gradual way they're getting to the cosmic side of the MCU, and I think it'll work.

Same could go for the magic side. I remember when I would tell people Marvel was thinking of having aliens fight Iron Man with Thor & Captain America (before their solo movies were out) and they'd just scratch their heads with extreme skepticism. Now I mention the mystic Dr. Strange in the same universe as those characters and it doesn't sound so crazy.

Old 07-07-2013, 01:54 PM   #421
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Despite the "where we come from, magic and science are one and the same" mumbo-jumbo of the first Thor movie, the simple fact of the matter is that magic *does* already exist in the MCU. Some of the stuff we see on Asgard and the other Nine Realms can be attributed to sufficiently advanced technology (see Clarke's Law), but a lot of it is sheer high fantasy magic, bona fide. And I'm sure we'll see more of that in TDW.

It's not going to be difficult in the slightest for audiences (or the characters themselves, for that matter) to accept and adjust to the idea that magic is real, and some people/creatures/entities have already mastered its power.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #422
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
but a lot of it is sheer high fantasy magic, bona fide. And I'm sure we'll see more of that in TDW.
In the MCU "sheer high fantasy magic" and science are the same thing. All that means is that it's something that can be explained.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 07-07-2013, 11:13 PM   #423
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
They can technically be mutants they just can use the word mutants to describe them. Having said that i think Whedon is going to expose there Pregnant mother to the Terrigen Mist and they will probably be born with there powers. The Other will most likely give Scarlet Witch the ability to use chaos magic like he did in the comics.
We've done a lot of speculating about various other ways in which Wanda & Pietro could have come by their powers. Frankly, I would prefer that Marvel use a combination of the High Evolutionary's genetic experimentation and Chthon's influence on the unborn Wanda as the genesis for their abilities because that tracks most closely to their comic book origins. Or they could be the biological children of Bob and Madeleine Frank, whose own genetic makeup combined with H.E.'s influence to give the twins their powers. There are so many potential ways in which it could be done that Marvel's doesn't need to worry about the mutant angle, except that some anal-retentive fans will lose their **** over it.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:22 PM   #424
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
In the MCU "sheer high fantasy magic" and science are the same thing. All that means is that it's something that can be explained.
Once Dr. Strange starts dropping some Vapors of Valthorr in Phase III and starts fighting off hordes of demons and dark spirits, all bets are off. Ain't gonna be a lot of "science by any other name" wankery going on there. Thor and TDW are the movies that will ease audiences into the spellcasting side of things.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:38 PM   #425
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Is it true that Loki won't be in Avengers 2??? Personally, if this is true, that is so damn stupid to exclude one of the more favorite characters from the movie.

Closed Thread