Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Trek > Star Trek Sequels

Old 07-02-2013, 11:39 PM   #51
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: The Future of the "Abramsverse"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I've been thinking.... if they ever catch up to TNG in the Abramsverse... Tom Hardy for Picard?

I mean, he did play Picard's younger clone in Nemesis. Who better for the role?

Tom Hardy didn't look like Patrick Stewart then and looks even less like him now.

Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:45 PM   #52
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
Tom Hardy didn't look like Patrick Stewart then and looks even less like him now.
The same goes for a considerable amount of the new cast, though. Quinto/Nimoy is a good likeness, Pine and Shatner look pretty close, Urban/DeForest Kelley is close-ish. That's pretty much where it ends.

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #53
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Tom Hardy is too....I dunno, young, rugged, handsome, muscular, and what not to be Picard. Picard should be older, more refined. A statesman-type. I think someone like Jason Isaacs would be good for the role.

Old 07-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #54
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

I totally agree with Matt in this case.

I'd love for Hardy to show up somewhere in the Abramsverse (though probably won't happen because he's already been Shinzon), but I don't think there's anything Picard-esque about him at all.

Movie Review Site:

Last edited by Schlosser85; 07-07-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Schlosser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #55
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayc1971 View Post
gary Mitchell would be too similar to khan so don't think they would use him in the next film.with the new time line why couldn't this crew run into the borg or a Q?
I'm sure the Q has the ability to travel and cross over every alternate/parallel universe that exists. That opens up a lot of possibilities, such as crossing over more events from the original timeline to the alternate.

Anyways, I think the future of the Abramsverse will only exist in the current films in this series, but if there was another tv series, it would probably be within the original timeline.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:49 AM   #56
Airwings
Waves of air

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
I totally agree with Matt in this case.
Do you, really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Picard should be older, more refined. A statesman-type. I think someone like Jason Isaacs would be good for the role.
Wouldn't the TNG reboot be about a young crew?

Airwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:49 PM   #57
Picard Sisko

Wouldn't the TNG crew not exist in this universe? Except for maybe Worf since he could have been born close to the creation of the alternate timeline.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 09-23-2013, 10:44 AM   #58
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

I don't know, the Abrams-verse has shown that the timeline has shifted enough that the ages of characters have been shifted as well. Pike wasn't as old in TOS, and I don't think Chekov was as young either. The Federation discovering Khan and his crew, as a opposed to Kirk and the crew on the Enterprise discovering him on their five year journey, for me leaves the door open that whatever event that occurred in the original timeline is up in the air in terms of when similar event could occur.

So, I could see an argument being made that with all that...the ages of Picard and his crew could shift as well, bringing them closer to Kirk and his crew.

But, I don't know anything about time-space-continuums.

Last edited by ChrisBaleBatman; 09-23-2013 at 10:50 AM.
ChrisBaleBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:54 AM   #59
Picard Sisko

I found your post to be quite confusing. Here is what happened:

In the original timeline, we had the following TV series and movies in chronological order:

Enterprise
The Original Series + 6 original cast movies
The Next Generation + 4 original cast movies
Deep Space Nine
Voyageer

Within this timeline, several years after the film Nemesis, we know that Romulus was being destroyed, and Spock was sent to help protect it. He failed, and the wormhole that was created in his attempts to save the planet brought both Spock and Captain Nero back in time at different points in time. Nero was brought back decades before The Original Series would have existed, but his attack on the USS Kelvin is what created a new alternate timeline, now known as the Abrams-verse.

Everything that happened before Nero's arrival is exactly the same in both timelines: the third world war, the Eugenics wars, First Contact, Enterprise, and so on. Everything after his arrival has now been completely altered.

BUT

Everything that remains in the original timeline still remains true... it still happened, and it still exists. After Spock and Nero disappeared, we can assume that the people in that timeline moved on assuming both people were actually killed, and that's that.

Just to point out, Star Trek: Online takes place in the original timeline in the 25th century.

Old 09-30-2013, 04:16 PM   #60
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

Yeah, I see what you mean. I think I was going with the idea that since Khan was found by Admiral Marcus, instead of Kirk and his crew, that it could indicate whatever followed the attack on the USS Kelvin in the original timeline would still happen in the alternate one.

Except, you're right. Khan and his people...and the Eugenics wars, all happened hundreds of years before the attack on the USS Kelvin in both timelines, so no matter what those supermen in cryo were going to be floating around no matter what.

My point about the ages being different was mostly about Pike. Although, I can't say they ever gave his age on TOS, I'd just assumed Pike and Kirk had been closer in age range in the original timeline. But, we never saw them onscreen together until after Pike had wound up a vegetable so I guess that he could have been way older than Kirk as well.

ChrisBaleBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:31 PM   #61
Picard Sisko

I guess Pike was such a minor character that it never really mattered much to the writers.

But keep in mind that when captain Pike had the enterprise in "the menagerie," the technically took place a little more than 11 years prior to Captain Kirk's Enteprise in TOS. So we could assume there was an age gap even then. He was probably still younger than in Abrams' films, but I guess it's just a small detail.

Edit: When Captain Kirk met Pike in "The Menagerie," Pike was approximately 48 years old, while Kirk was maybe 30-35 years old. So there was an 13-18 year difference in age.

With the reboot series, the age difference is about 25-30 years. Though I am basing this more on the ages of Bruce Greenwood and Chris Pine.

Last edited by Picard Sisko; 03-31-2014 at 02:38 PM.