The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > DC Comics

Old 06-16-2013, 04:43 PM   #551
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Default Re: The Official Green Lantern Thread III: Brighter! Greener! Shinier! Lantern...ier.

All Secret Origin was was a modern redo of Hal's original origin from the 60s. It was an arc in between Wanted: Hah Jordan and The Sinestro Corps War, I think.

Old 06-16-2013, 05:56 PM   #552
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

Default Re: The Official Green Lantern Thread III: Brighter! Greener! Shinier! Lantern...ier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklypze View Post
I gotta say I love that the only ones on that list I don't own or haven't read are Secret Origin, Wanted: Hal Jordan, No Fear and Revenge of The Green Lanterns. Was Hal still Spectre during Secret Origin or what? I always forget that Rebirth wasn't Johns' first story
Rebirth is Johns first GL story Secret Origin was published and arrived chronologically after.

Avvy by Hunter Rider

H.E.

Last edited by Hush; 06-16-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:33 PM   #553
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

I really dug Johns' Secret Origins tale. It was really good at taking the old story and modernizing it and streamlining a lot of the re-writes into a cohesive storyline. Seemed stupid not to use it as the movie.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:27 AM   #554
Maximus One
Oddball

Good to know, Rebirth was dopeness. I love how it explained the difference in between everybody's different ring-slingin styles. That stuff is rarely depicted anymore in the art too, I mean, you can see it in instances but there seems to be no real difference in between everyone's different styles anymore. At least not it's not really shown how different they are too often.

Gotta say though, White Lantern Kyle is ****ing awesome. Loved New Guardians and I hope it's headed in an awesome direction. Red Lanterns was cool, just don't know if Guy is being sincere about turning on the Greens or not. What he said makes sense, he always was a very angry person and always made to feel just like backup, I couldost definitely get behind Guy going a tad bit evil for a bit. Dunno if I wanna see any mass murder or anything from him but him laying some whoop ass on Hal or Kilowog would be awesome. Or even giving Kyle a run for his money, I'm sure if anybody could get through to Guy though it'd definitely be John.

Larfleeze #1 was a bit longwinded but overall a great start. I was surprised though because I thought Jurgens was on this book, oh well. Can't wait to see if the little preview art in the back means the Orange Lanterns are going to be resurrected or just regain corporeal form. Can't wait to see them all turn on Larfleeze though.

I'm just ready to see what's up on GLC now. I'm loving the new teams so far and think it's a great start but we all know all it takes is one or two crappy issues for a book to really start going downhill but I am feeling very optimistic about all the various Green Lantern titles right now. Had to drop Threshold though, that **** was incredibly longwinded and just boring and dumb. Good art and the story was there but just bleh, couldn't keep spending 4$ a month on it cuz my comics budget is at it's absolute max now lol

Maximus One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:01 PM   #555
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

Larfleeze was hilarious.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:34 PM   #556
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

So I'm down to literally just New Guardians at this point in my DC reading list and was considering dropping it just so I could completely ignore the New 52 universe altogether. But after reading the most recent issue, goddamnit, the Templar Guardians are kind of interesting and Kyle's one of the few characters in the New 52 who still feels like himself. I still like it. So I guess I'm still stuck with a tether to the New 52 for the time being.

Old 07-03-2013, 07:09 PM   #557
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

Yeah New Guardians is ****ing epic right now. I'd recommend Larfleeze Corp, very funny and zany. Also try Aquaman again.

Avvy by Hunter Rider

H.E.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #558
RoughNTumble
i m not desperate

I'm liking all the green lantern books now imo

Make mine DC, if you please.

every1 says im 2 aloof but idc
RoughNTumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:04 PM   #559
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Yeah. But not so much Red Lanterns. But I liked all of them before too. but not so much Red Lanterns.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:21 PM   #560
RoughNTumble
i m not desperate

red lanterns has bad art

the story is serviceable as of the first issue

we'll see how long that lasts

Old 07-04-2013, 10:53 PM   #561
Maximus One
Oddball

Everybody hates on RL. I wanna know what Arkillo is up to. I hate how the Sinestro Corps I basically just gone. Needs to be more stuff involving all the various corps and their inner politics instead of this crossover event **** all the time

Old 07-05-2013, 05:47 AM   #562
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamAdams View Post
I really dug Johns' Secret Origins tale. It was really good at taking the old story and modernizing it and streamlining a lot of the re-writes into a cohesive storyline. Seemed stupid not to use it as the movie.
To this day i'm still wondering why they didn't do it

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:41 AM   #563
Maximus One
Oddball

I've been thinking about things in the GL universe. Does it make more sense that the Indigo Tribe actually channels empathy? I guess compassion can sorta be like empathy but not really. That would explain how they are able to channel other emotions. I just think that empathy doesn't play nearly as big of a role in the mythos as it should. One could even theorize that Kyle has pure empathy like Will Graham from Hannibal which is why he was able to become a fully realized white lantern. I really think empathy should be playing a bigger role here

Old 07-05-2013, 11:55 AM   #564
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklypze View Post
Everybody hates on RL. I wanna know what Arkillo is up to. I hate how the Sinestro Corps I basically just gone. Needs to be more stuff involving all the various corps and their inner politics instead of this crossover event **** all the time
I miss the supporting cast from the other corps in New Guardians. Not all of them--Carol's departure is a huge blessing for me, and none of the Indigo Lanterns have much personality--but Saint Walker, Arkillo, and Glomulus were especially great in that series. I wish Kyle could use his White Lantern power to at least liberate Glommy from Larfleeze and keep him around as a buddy.

Old 07-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #565
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

Well looks like glommy and several other Orange lanterns might be coming back in Lafleeze.

Avvy by Hunter Rider

H.E.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:47 PM   #566
mace1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Sodam Yat: Green Lantern
Sodam Yat & The Green Lantern Corps
Sodam Yat: New Guardian
Sodam Yat Vs. The Red Lanterns
Quote:

Majestic
Quote-
Your right superman owns GL! And sodam Yat had lead stabbed threw him by superboy prime! Get your facts straight he was never on the level with superboy prime! Thanks for your attempt

Up to that point sodam was holding ground.Anyway Future sodam owns superman prime,he was close to his level,in fact he was more powerful but but just inexperienced but in the future he become more experienced see how clearly more powerful he is then superman/superboy prime .

Like i said anyway hal and kyle has parallax and Ion kyle are more powerful then superman/superboy prime and they will owned superman/boy prime if they ever fought.

Anyway a green lantern is more powerful then superman.

Superman Prime vs. Ion (Kyle Rayner)

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/batt...rayner-388367/

Sodam Yat(ION) vs Superboy Prime
Deranged MidgetDeranged -

Sodam Yat easily. He already gave Prime a hell of a fight whilst still being massively inexperienced with the ION power. Give him an additional 10 hours of sun-dip and Prime won't even be able to tank a single hit.

Jodema-

Did he not already lose?

0n1zuka
@Jodema: He did but it was a good fight between the two. SBP just took advantage of Yat being weakened by lead. With the sundipping, I'm going to change my vote and go with Sodam Yat.

Xperson
Sodam Yat wins easily. I couldn't believe he lost in the comics. He has Prime's powers plus one of the most powerful weapons in the universe. If it's yellow lantern Prime, then it's vs. Ion-powered Yat, who still wins.

Round 2
Sodam Yat VS Superman Prime
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvif8...WqDQ_VXNdIw0f9

Last edited by mace1; 07-06-2013 at 10:19 PM.
mace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:23 PM   #567
sdc10
Side-Kick

Just thought Id try my luck here: Im looking to purchase a copy of GLC Dark Side of Green which evidently has gone out of print as a result people selling it on ebay are asking for kind of ridiculous price for it.

If anyone has a copy they are willing to sell please let me know

sdc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:27 PM   #568
NDX
Smack Talker Skywalker

I'm looking for that book as well. What I get for waiting to get these GL/GLC books when I could have.

NDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:51 PM   #569
Majestic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mace1 View Post

Up to that point sodam was holding ground.Anyway Future sodam owns superman prime,he was close to his level,in fact he was more powerful but but just inexperienced but in the future he become more experienced see how clearly more powerful he is then superman/superboy prime .

Like i said anyway hal and kyle has parallax and Ion kyle are more powerful then superman/superboy prime and they will owned superman/boy prime if they ever fought.

Anyway a green lantern is more powerful

Superman Prime vs. Ion (Kyle Rayner)

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/batt...rayner-388367/

Sodam Yat(ION) vs Superboy Prime
Deranged MidgetDeranged -

Sodam Yat easily. He already gave Prime a hell of a fight whilst still being massively inexperienced with the ION power. Give him an additional 10 hours of sun-dip and Prime won't even be able to tank a single hit.

Jodema-

Did he not already lose?

0n1zuka
@Jodema: He did but it was a good fight between the two. SBP just took advantage of Yat being weakened by lead. With the sundipping, I'm going to change my vote and go with Sodam Yat.

Xperson
Sodam Yat wins easily. I couldn't believe he lost in the comics. He has Prime's powers plus one of the most powerful weapons in the universe. If it's yellow lantern Prime, then it's vs. Ion-powered Yat, who still wins.

Round 2
Sodam Yat VS Superman Prime
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvif8...WqDQ_VXNdIw0f9
Not even close! Sodam Yat was ion and a daxamite and still was dismantled! And then destroyed again in final crisis. Superboy prime is basically a murderer of green lanterns. Just a fact

Majestic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #570
Majestic
Side-Kick

Superboy prime can basically destroy the entire GL corp by himself as stated in the comics not even a question! He killed a guardian which only made him more powerful

Majestic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #571
TheCorpulent1
Mabel's BFF
SHH! Global Moderator

Guys, there's a whole forum for this kind of thing:

http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=389

Old 07-07-2013, 10:09 PM   #572
Anubis
Sup?

And even there this is a stupid conversation.

H.E.

Last edited by Anubis; 07-07-2013 at 10:16 PM.
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:16 PM   #573
RoughNTumble
i m not desperate

superman wuld pwn goku

Old 07-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #574
Maximus One
Oddball

Smh I bring up a valid point about the entire mythos and fanboys go on hypothetical "what is A fought B and who is stronger, B or A" rants. Smh

Old 07-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #575
mace1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
Superboy prime can basically destroy the entire GL corp by himself as stated in the comics not even a question! He killed a guardian which only made him more powerful
I thought you would ignore me.First of all superman prime is not superman,he is another superman and not the the modern version.
SECOND YOU HAVE A FEW THINGS CONFUSED.

Superman prime of course is more powerful then the normal green lanterns,and the most powerful version of superman but he his more powerful then a normal kryptonian too.We should be comparing normal kryptonians to normal green lanterns,and normally speaking for most of DC HISTORY NORMAL GREEN LANTERNS ARE MORE POWERFUL THEN NORMAL kryptonians.Superman says it himself,something you ignore.

Last edited by mace1; 07-08-2013 at 08:56 PM.
mace1 is offline   Reply With Quote