The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Which Live Action Superman/Clark Kent was your favorite?
George Reeves 6 9.09%
Christopher Reeve 35 53.03%
Dean Cain 6 9.09%
Tom Welling 8 12.12%
Brandon Routh 3 4.55%
Henry Cavill 42 63.64%
Other 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2013, 09:18 PM   #51
Sabaoth
Master

Default Re: Which Live Action Superman/Clark Kent is your favorite?

Still Christopher Reeve.
Did not see enough of Cavill yet to make a fair decision.
Cavill is the only actor other than Reeve to make me believe I was seeing Superman come to life.
So perhaps I will prefer him after MOS2...not yet though.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:24 AM   #52
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I had to go with Cavill for several reasons, he played the version of Superman I've always wanted to see on screen. He was very much in the John Byrne/Superman TAS mold which are my favourite versions if the character. Chris Reeve will to some extent always be my Superman as thats who I grew up but I just like Henry's a little better because he embodies my favourite interpretations from the comics, which is the true medium of this character and Byrne's was the one I grew up reading.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:01 AM   #53
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I had to go with Cavill for several reasons, he played the version of Superman I've always wanted to see on screen. He was very much in the John Byrne/Superman TAS mold which are my favourite versions if the character. Chris Reeve will to some extent always be my Superman as thats who I grew up but I just like Henry's a little better because he embodies my favourite interpretations from the comics, which is the true medium of this character and Byrne's was the one I grew up reading.
I wonder if the scene where Clark is having a beer and enjoying a game of Kansas football is also a nod to Byrne's stories where Clark plays football as a teen much to the chagrin of his father, Jonathan.

Ponder this, CB fans: In a fictional world where the limits and laws of time and space are pushed every day; where mystical convergences and otherworldly phenomena are the norm; where we are to believe that "a man can fly" and emit beams of concussive force from his eyes, why is it then so difficult to fathom that, in such a place, there also exists a rare breed of man capable of extraordinary feats beyond that of his ken -- the peak human realized in the form of Bruce Wayne, The Batman?
-Arms
ArmsHeldOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:05 AM   #54
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
I wonder if the scene where Clark is having a beer and enjoying a game of Kansas football is also a nod to Byrne's stories where Clark plays football as a teen much to the chagrin of his father, Jonathan.
Maybe tbh I thought it was quite funny that Clark is drinking a bottle of beer as alcohol tends to not have any effect on him lol

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:16 AM   #55
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Maybe tbh I thought it was quite funny that Clark is drinking a bottle of beer as alcohol tends to not have any effect on him lol
Heh. That's true. Maybe he just likes the taste of well-made home brew or import, as opposed to the cheap stuff.

Ponder this, CB fans: In a fictional world where the limits and laws of time and space are pushed every day; where mystical convergences and otherworldly phenomena are the norm; where we are to believe that "a man can fly" and emit beams of concussive force from his eyes, why is it then so difficult to fathom that, in such a place, there also exists a rare breed of man capable of extraordinary feats beyond that of his ken -- the peak human realized in the form of Bruce Wayne, The Batman?
-Arms
ArmsHeldOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:30 AM   #56
Axl Van Sixx
Comrade

Quote:
I actually loved that scene. I thought it was both hilarious and fitting to have the world's most powerful alien just watching football and drinking a beer, like any normal guy. Though subtle, it really helped bring home Superman's humanity for me.

"We know the freedom that argues against communism is the freedom to enslave and the freedom to exploit."—Blanqui

IMT supporter
Axl Van Sixx is offline   Reply With Quote