Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 11:11 PM   #126
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
If they don't use the twin brother explanation, then this can't possibly be a continuation of TLS. How else could you remotely bring Xavier back? They have to use that explanation for this thing to work. Otherwise, the only other conclusion is it really is an alternate universe that culminates with the OT.
Retconning some things doesn't mean its already set in an alternate universe.

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
Old 07-02-2013, 11:18 PM   #127
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
It has never been said FOx has to release an X-Men film every 3 years.This Is rumor that got started since wolverine was called X-Men Origins;Wolverine

The deals were all made In early 1990's With Spider-man rights hell they were happy to make clear deals with other studios.Some people today act like those deals were so evil but let us remember the first X-Men revived the genre after Batman & Robin all but killed,and then Sony with SPider-man caused It to explode.
FOX got the rights for X-Men in 1994. I'm not sure when FOX got the rights for Fantastic Four. But Constantin Film brought the rights from Marvel in the 1980s and in 1994, they produced that low-budget film in order to keep the rights. After that, a deal with Constantin and 20th Century Fox was made and it led to 2005 FF film/FFROTSS. For Daredevil, 20th Century Fox got the rights in 1997 but the rights expired then the the rights went to Sony for a few years. Then 20th Century Fox got it right back when they distributed the Daredevil film that New Regency produced.

FOX got them all in different times.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:08 AM   #128
TRM
Banned User

I like the idea that Xavier travels back into his own mind.
There's definitely something he needs to prevent/stop from being changed in the past.
As someone else said, it shouldn't be Wolverine who travels between times. We've seen enough of Wolverine being the focus.

But would people be opposed to seeing one of the villains as an actual physical time-traveller?
I'm thinking with some of the characters we've heard maybe it is only Xavier's mind that goes back for the good side, and no one on the good side physically time travels...

What if someone on the villain's side is someone who can jump through timelines? Someone like Trevor Fitzroy, who can hop straight into any timeline eventually, and may have a cyborg body and be on his way to becoming the Chronomancer.

Someone attached to the movie mentioned this is an in-betweequel. Something about other timelines/universes... What if it happens to be that our villain is already someone who comes from beyond this timeline? And we're talking more about alternate timelines, more than straight forward time-travel... Maybe it's like you can only step backwards in time into the correct timeline if you are in fact traveling into your own body -- doing it with a mutant power. Scientists tell us if time travel to the past is ever remotely possible you will be time traveling into an alternate past...
Xavier traveling into his own body and not skipping across times could bypass this.

I think the villain in the timeline needs some way of changing the past.
And that Magneto and his brotherhood will not want the disastrous future, therefore I do not think Magneto is actually behind the manipulations in the past, unless it was by accident... But then having to stop Magneto in the past might be boring, and we may need to see how Cerebro was built.
In short, I think Magneto is 100% ally in this movie, in the past and future...

I think the villain physically hops from the disastrous future to the past.
But Xavier is forced to use cerebro or something to go back into his own body, and has to stop/prevent what Fitzroy does in this past. The future we see in the beginning is left behind because Fitzroy has manipulated a lot, is skipping in from even beyond the original future in the opening. And is already closer to his Chronomancer form, has the added ability to leave the current timeline and pop back in whenever he chooses.

Forcing Xavier to have to start the second genesis team as a way to keep himself safe. From whenever this timetraveler will pop in/keep returning to the past. As he is able to make multiple attempts at changing the past... And even after that original opening future disappears, he will haunt Xavier in the past. Maybe Trask/Trask industries is involved in the movie with the creation of the Sentinals in the past, but maybe Fitzroy gets control of some of the Sentinals in the future...
And hops to the past to work with Trask, only to set himself up in the future, with his own robot battle suit, effectively making Fitzroy more of a cyborg traveler of space-time, through some of Trask's robotics. Fitzroy is also connected to the Hellfire club... Maybe Peter Dinklage isn't playing Trask, and instead he has a cyborg battle suit and can travel time/space... At first Xavier's security forces in the future think he can only teleport, like Shard, but they soon learn that he can drain people's life energy to create rips in space/time...

Last edited by TRM; 07-03-2013 at 12:42 AM.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:34 AM   #129
martindp1
Side-Kick

^great ideas! I like

Old 07-03-2013, 01:44 AM   #130
TRM
Banned User

Basically Trask industries is just a smokescreen/cover for Fitzroy's activities in the past and Fitzroy transforms himself into the future version of himself/creates the sentinals by using Trask industries.

A younger version of Trask may be there but we may be supposed to believe Dinklage is Trask, when he's actually Fitzroy and can hop between times.
Basically Dinklage plays different versions of himself... takes over Trask industries at some point in the past, but is in fact Fitzroy, and later on in the movie returns with his battle suit from some of the comics, starts trying to control time as the Chronomancer.

So, the parts we saw of Dinklage at Trask industries, are before he has created his robot battle suit, and one of the versions of himself. That much like Kang the conqueror has accidentally created doubles of himself because of the whole "if you step back into the past without stepping into your body you step into an alternate past" idea. there would be two of you produced, although one of you would remain in an alternate timeline. this may or may not be important if Kang becomes the villain in the "Fantastic Four reboot"...

The cyborg version of Dinklage/Fitzroy with the robot body would be different from the Dinklage we saw in the set pics... This one has already traveled time a lot, has met and become enemies of Bishop. And may have a look more similar to this in his future form:
Fitzroy's sometimes also known as the Chronomancer and the White Rook. "He sometimes fights in an omnium mesh bio-armor, which is extremely powerful, nearly indestructible, and may possibly be activated on his mental command."

Last edited by TRM; 07-03-2013 at 02:07 AM.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:59 AM   #131
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

I like Claremont,love what you said about this movie.

'If we're doing Days of Future Past, we need Ororo, we need Logan. OK, we've got Hugh Jackman, but that means we've got to get Halle Berry.'

"The really nice thing with Future Past is that you actually have a superhero film — much to everyone's surprise, I will hope — that is about something," Claremont said. "It's about racism, I hope. It's about resisting oppression. It's about fighting for freedom and the cost of fighting for freedom. I will be fascinated to see how they weave the two together."

"The challenge, I would think, for Bryan is that the heart of the original story is not the fight with the Brotherhood back in the present day," Claremont said. "The challenge, the story, is actually what happens in the future. Getting them to the point where you can send Kitty back, and seeing the consequences of what will happen if they fail, and not knowing at the end how it's going to turn out.'

Old 07-03-2013, 07:27 AM   #132
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Retconning some things doesn't mean its already set in an alternate universe.
So how else do you get around a character blowing up in a million pieces?

Old 07-03-2013, 08:04 AM   #133
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRM View Post
There's definitely something he needs to prevent/stop from being changed in the past.
As someone else said, it shouldn't be Wolverine who travels between times. We've seen enough of Wolverine being the focus.

But would people be opposed to seeing one of the villains as an actual physical time-traveller?
I'm thinking with some of the characters we've heard maybe it is only Xavier's mind that goes back for the good side, and no one on the good side physically time travels...

What if someone on the villain's side is someone who can jump through timelines? Someone like Trevor Fitzroy, who can hop straight into any timeline eventually, and may have a cyborg body and be on his way to becoming the Chronomancer.

Someone attached to the movie mentioned this is an in-betweequel. Something about other timelines/universes... What if it happens to be that our villain is already someone who comes from beyond this timeline? And we're talking more about alternate timelines, more than straight forward time-travel... Maybe it's like you can only step backwards in time into the correct timeline if you are in fact traveling into your own body -- doing it with a mutant power. Scientists tell us if time travel to the past is ever remotely possible you will be time traveling into an alternate past...
Xavier traveling into his own body and not skipping across times could bypass this.

I think the villain in the timeline needs some way of changing the past.
And that Magneto and his brotherhood will not want the disastrous future, therefore I do not think Magneto is actually behind the manipulations in the past, unless it was by accident... But then having to stop Magneto in the past might be boring, and we may need to see how Cerebro was built.
In short, I think Magneto is 100% ally in this movie, in the past and future...

I think the villain physically hops from the disastrous future to the past.
But Xavier is forced to use cerebro or something to go back into his own body, and has to stop/prevent what Fitzroy does in this past. The future we see in the beginning is left behind because Fitzroy has manipulated a lot, is skipping in from even beyond the original future in the opening. And is already closer to his Chronomancer form, has the added ability to leave the current timeline and pop back in whenever he chooses.

Forcing Xavier to have to start the second genesis team as a way to keep himself safe. From whenever this timetraveler will pop in/keep returning to the past. As he is able to make multiple attempts at changing the past... And even after that original opening future disappears, he will haunt Xavier in the past. Maybe Trask/Trask industries is involved in the movie with the creation of the Sentinals in the past, but maybe Fitzroy gets control of some of the Sentinals in the future...
And hops to the past to work with Trask, only to set himself up in the future, with his own robot battle suit, effectively making Fitzroy more of a cyborg traveler of space-time, through some of Trask's robotics. Fitzroy is also connected to the Hellfire club... Maybe Peter Dinklage isn't playing Trask, and instead he has a cyborg battle suit and can travel time/space... At first Xavier's security forces in the future think he can only teleport, like Shard, but they soon learn that he can drain people's life energy to create rips in space/time...
Excellent ideas, but we have seen set pics of the X-Men battling the Brotherhood. A coincidence perhaps? But it is really a brilliant solution to bringing back soon to be deceased characters. Xavier/Magneto end up working together, maybe the apocalyptic future is prevented. Maybe it does or does not change the events of the OT. We just haven't seen enough evidence for this (or a similar) scenario unfolding.

Last edited by Mr.M; 07-03-2013 at 08:10 AM.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:22 AM   #134
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRM View Post
but, we've already seen him on set in the past (doesn't matter if that is future Wolverine or 70's Logan) so, he's still in the focus, rather he's the time traveler or not

Old 07-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #135
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Jennifer Lawrence was spotted yesterday In Paris for fashion show.

This raises possibilty of her completing her shooting.Inless she has break In shooting and she instead of going home decided to go to paris.

With the expection of Hugh Jackman going back and forth between Montreal and NY when actors are spotted In montreal and are later spotted elsewhere they haven't been
spotted returning.

Old 07-03-2013, 03:55 PM   #136
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

out of all the movies, this is probably the one I am...most behind, on...so...since I just got back from an interview at harrisons, and am exhausted....hows about someone fills me in on a brief, run down of what is to be expected DD

Old 07-03-2013, 04:36 PM   #137
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

there is alot more going on in the 70s we don't know about, it will be interesting to find out what it is

i hope its not involving a wolverines past subplot

Old 07-03-2013, 06:05 PM   #138
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

there's alot going on period that we know nothing about. Just that there's a big battled filmed at a stadium that we can only assume is a DOFP sentinel attack with the OT cast.

oh, and that beast and magneto fight and have forplay in a fountain

and that nixon is in the film

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 07-03-2013, 08:13 PM   #139
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
So how else do you get around a character blowing up in a million pieces?
Patrick Stewart already said that there will be an explanation for his resurrection/return. So we will just have to stay tuned for that explanation.

Old 07-06-2013, 12:43 AM   #140
Superhero 101
DESI

I hope they use the after credit scene from X3 as the explanation

Old 07-06-2013, 07:58 AM   #141
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Patrick Stewart already said that there will be an explanation for his resurrection/return. So we will just have to stay tuned for that explanation.
Hopefully they can just use one explanation for all the returns (assuming Famke returns too) - i.e. it's an alternate universe.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:15 PM   #142
Mr. Dent

Do we know when filming is supposed to wrap?

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Old 07-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #143
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhero 101 View Post
I hope they use the after credit scene from X3 as the explanation
I hope they don't. That brain-dead twin brother thing is stupid.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:04 PM   #144
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Do we know when filming is supposed to wrap?
I think shooting wraps in August. Not 100% sure on that though.

Old 07-06-2013, 07:08 PM   #145
Mr. Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
there's alot going on period that we know nothing about. Just that there's a big battled filmed at a stadium that we can only assume is a DOFP sentinel attack with the OT cast.

oh, and that beast and magneto fight and have forplay in a fountain

and that nixon is in the film
We also know there is an attack on Paris (probably by Magneto) which causes Nixon to respond. And that the film somehow involves Russia, China, and Japan along with Paris, D.C., and NY.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Old 07-07-2013, 03:33 PM   #146
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Was that Stadium really part of the filming location or was that just where they kept the trailers for the stars? I wasn't sure what pic was :S

Old 07-07-2013, 09:31 PM   #147
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

It was part of the filming location.

They are not gonna use the Olympic Stadium to keep the trailers there! They might as well rent a big parking lot.

Old 07-09-2013, 12:59 PM   #148
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Rated “X”: A Night With @BryanSinger free #FantasiaFest presentation on Aug. 5th (w/ awesome bonus)> http://www.fantasiafestival.com/2013...th-bryan-singe#XMen #Montreal
https://twitter.com/VampirePhile/sta...55793498439680

Old 07-09-2013, 01:06 PM   #149
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Very cool.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:07 PM   #150
narrows101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Just making sure no one missed this:
Quote:
In a Fantasia first, you will meet the man himself in person, in a special evening of superbeings, superstars and one super filmmaker — Bryan Singer. Fantasia’s free presentation (an approximately 60-minute discussion between Singer, moderator Tony Timpone and the audience) will culminate with still-wet-from-the-lab footage from next summer’s X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST just for you!
http://www.fantasiafestival.com/2013...th-bryan-singe

"It's not just that they don't make 'em like Hugh Jackman anymore - they never did."

"Hugh Jackman cruised in to a roaring crowd oozing more sex appeal then Prince Charming riding a horse called Charisma into the land of Suave."

"Hugh is not supposed to exist. You’re not supposed to be that macho, that tender and that athletic, and be able to sing." - Anne Hathaway
Closed Thread