Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #426
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Default Re: Catch me if you can!! Evan Peters?Quicksilver Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
I'd find that a lot more comforting if it wasn't for the massive disappointment of The Hobbit last year. On paper, it was about Oscar-winning director returning to the franchise which he took to creative and commercial heights ten years ago and which he cares about deeply. On screen? A bloated bore which had a lot more in common with Jackson's previous two underwhelming films.

It would be nice to think that directors have this magical touch when it comes to "their" franchises that never ever leaves them, but in reality that's not exactly the case. See also: Spiderman 3, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Star Wars prequels, and (for me at least) The Dark Knight Rises.
The Dark Knight Rises is very much up there and should rightfully (wronfully?) belong on that list

Old 07-07-2013, 09:26 PM   #427
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I don't really see whats so wrong about the Dark Knight Rises and this is coming from a person who isn't a fan of Christopher Nolan's films (his films are too dark for my taste). Its not the best film but it wasn't a bad film.

I can picture now that next year, once people see X-Men: Days of Future Past, the fanboys are gonna nitpick the movie so much and if it got a lower RT rating than First Class, X-Men 1 and X-Men 2, it just won't help the movie.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 07-08-2013, 06:28 AM   #428
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

There's nothing terrible about The Dark Knight Rises. Seriously, some people need to get some perspective.

Man of Steel had a few problems (too much destruction being one!) but it's not a bad movie. And neither is Prometheus, despite the fact the scientists acted like idiots (which Ridley Scott must have wanted to happen in the movie).

Iron Man 3 isn't a bad movie either. I didn't like it much but it's not a terrible film by any means.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:56 AM   #429
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Man of steel is a boring film,only has plenty of action everywhere.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:22 AM   #430
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

It's obviously my opinion. So no "people [don't] need to get some perspective."

I guess the theater experience for me was what did it in for TDKR. I couldn't understand what Bane was saying half the time. I dozed off a couple of times during the movie, and was just very predictable. And some bad acting from some of the main cast. The movie has gotten better after repeat viewings and I can understand Bane now. But it's still not as good as TDK.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:32 AM   #431
def28
Side-Kick

I know alot of people who hate TDKR. I don't think it's the worst but I agree TDKR was a disappointment. Not for the same reasons you listed, but I have quite a bit of problems with that film from a narrative standpoint to Batman' choices. I did flat out hate the last act. There's plenty wrong with that film imo. Especially compared to TDK. I thought Catwoman was the most entertaining part and she's barely in it. It's still better then a majority of comic films but it was def a disappointment.

Last edited by def28; 07-08-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #432
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

The dark Kngiht rises Isn't a bad film It's not the best Batman film.The problem
I had Is giving so much control to Chris Nolan puts franchise back to square one.
JGL's character being named Robin at end was stupid.Catwomanw as mess.Talia
was made straight up villain.And I don't ever see Bruce Wayne ever just quiting
and leaving gotham.

I have tons of problem with Iron Man 3.The Mandarian Isn't my only Issue.

Man of steel I have major issues with.What happens to Zod Is least of problems.

With Star Trek Into Darkness my Issues are due to being a longtime Trek.The people who have problems with Into Darkness are laregly longtime fans.Just
like those who mostly love film are nonfan of prereboot.

With the Hobbit and Proemtheus I didn't have a problem with them except I think making 3 films out of one book even with including things to connect It to Lord of the rings more Is overkill.Theu could have done It In 2 films.
With Prmethus besides the Is It or Is It not Alien prequel game they played In runup to release I liked it and great to get alien related series back to R rating.

I actully like the star wars prequel and Indiana Jones and the KotCS but I will probally be more critical of episode 7 since no george Lucas Involvement and
the fact It's J.J. abrams directing.

No matter how good DOFP Is some will be complaning since 1:It's Bryan Singer
directing 2:It's part of exsisting series 3isney Isn't releasing them 4:The Disney Is great and all others suck attitude

Even If DOFP get good reviews has a 89 percent fresh at RT,and does 280-290 Million domesticly similar to likely final domestic take of Man of steel people will still bash It.Those who continue with Bryan Singer ruined X-Men,and Hugh Jackman Isn't wolverine since he Isn't same height of comic
Wolverine are going to bash no matter what.The DOFP board at Internet movie database Is full of haters even worse than those on front page.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #433
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

The Dark Night Rises is the greatest comic book movie of all time!

Old 07-08-2013, 12:32 PM   #434
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
The Dark Knight Rises is the greatest comic book movie of all time!
Fixed

Old 07-08-2013, 12:43 PM   #435
Majik1387
Casting Extraodinaire ;D

No, you just made it worse.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:21 PM   #436
BenKenobi
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I have tons of problem with Iron Man 3.The Mandarian Isn't my only Issue.
Quote:
I actully like the star wars prequel and Indiana Jones and the KotCS but I will probally be more critical of episode 7 since no george Lucas Involvement and
the fact It's J.J. abrams directing.
How was Iron Man 3 worse than the Star Wars Prequels? If you're willing to forgive the way the plots of all of those movies implode on themselves (without help from the EU), then you should be willing to forgive the lapses in Iron Man 3's plot.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:03 AM   #437
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

On that site-that-shall-not-be-mentioned (heretofore STSNBM), it's hilarious how Hercules is praised (directed by Brett RATner) and DOFP is bashed.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:16 AM   #438
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Because

1;DOFP Is coming from Fox and according to some they are evil and all films from them suck
2OFP Isn't coming from DIsney/MS and that Is according to them a crime
3:It's directed by Bryan Singer who according to some ruined X-Men or Is hated because
he's gay(read Internet movie database boards)
4;It's part of exsisting X-Men film series and according to them they all suck
5OFP has 10,000 characters In It.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:54 AM   #439
def28
Side-Kick

Why are you guys even paying attention to those sites? IMDB boards slam everything and everyone, it's almost impossible to find a thread that's not full of trolls.

Ratner gets bashed plenty on every site and Singers post X Films films are part of the reason he gets legit complaints. Not because of his X-men films. X1,2 and FC are pretty well regarded overall. Gotta filter through who gives an honest opinion as opposed to those who just want to talk ****. There's always gonna be haters for comic films (including Marvel), and then theres fans who may honestly not like a film/filmmaker. Look at even the divisive opinions with the Bat flicks in this thread. Not everyone will always agree.

Last edited by def28; 07-09-2013 at 05:26 AM.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:23 AM   #440
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

The Dark Knight Rises is not terrible, but a movie doesn't have to be flat-out terrible to be disappointing. I thought it was both overlong and rushed, and I had big problems with some of the storytelling choices, especially the handling of Batman and Bane. Particularly the way Bane was used to

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
basically be a smoke-screen for the real villain. Which could have worked, but unfortunately Talia's character and relationship to Batman was never properly developed for the revelation to have an impact, and just came off as a cheap gotcha! trick. Which also robbed Bane's character of any real significance.

If the most that can be said about DoFP is that it is "not bad", I'd consider that pretty damn disappointing.

Last edited by Mrs Vimes; 07-09-2013 at 03:31 AM.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:27 AM   #441
SilentWarriorZ
men of bats

The only thing about TDKR I don't like is that batman was into hiding and not fighting crimes for 8 years they could have shown him as outlaw crime fighter and the way gotham was shown changed in past 8 years but batman still hasn't upgraded its costume .
Aside from that TDKR was averagely good but definitely not disappointing .

Last edited by SilentWarriorZ; 07-09-2013 at 03:33 AM.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:57 AM   #442
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Why are you guys even paying attention to those sites? IMDB boards slam everything and everyone, it's almost impossible to find a thread that's not full of trolls.

Ratner gets bashed plenty on every site and Singers post X Films films are part of the reason he gets legit complaints. Not because of his X-men films. X1,2 and FC are pretty well regarded overall. Gotta filter through who gives an honest opinion as opposed to those who just want to talk ****. There's always gonna be haters for comic films (including Marvel), and then theres fans who may honestly not like a film/filmmaker. Look at even the divisive opinions with the Bat flicks in this thread. Not everyone will always agree.
There are plenty who bash Singer with regard to X-Men,X2,and first class too.
Read comments at sites that have X-Men movie news like SH front page and you will get plenty of that.

That doesn't mea the GA will share their view when It comes to DOFP.I am preparing people what some are going to say to bash DOFP.Even If they like First Class they refuse to accept he was heavily Involved with that film.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #443
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Isn't this meant to be a thread about Quicksilver?

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 07-09-2013, 01:55 PM   #444
Angamb
Banned User

only from time to time

Old 07-09-2013, 02:22 PM   #445
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
only from time to time

Well I wondered what are people opinions on the whole Quicksilver thing? Do you expect more than a cameo? Do you think Singer and Fox are only using him to trump Avengers 2?

Old 07-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #446
Angamb
Banned User

Damm, I was writing a long text and my computer did something and it dissapeared! aggggh.

Now I feel lazy to write it again

one thing I wrote was that Im sure Singer will use him more than a cameo, and easily see him using Pietro in at least 3 scenes during the movie.

About the Avengers issue... (that's the longer text) I really dont know what happened behind the scenes, but I have the feeling that something actually happened between the studios. Maybe there were talks about it, and Marvel quickly said "No", Fox said "ok" and thats when Josh decided to use them too and announced them before Singer. Exactly the opposite of how all Marvel lovers think.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #447
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Damm, I was writing a long text and my computer did something and it dissapeared! aggggh.

Now I feel lazy to write it again

one thing I wrote was that Im sure Singer will use him more than a cameo, and easily see him using Pietro in at least 3 scenes during the movie.

About the Avengers issue... (that's the longer text) I really dont know what happened behind the scenes, but I have the feeling that something actually happened between the studios. Maybe there were talks about it, and Marvel quickly said "No", Fox said "ok" and thats when Josh decided to use them too and announced them before Singer. Exactly the opposite of how all Marvel lovers think.
That happens on my phone all the time

Well 3 scenes could be enough, I just wonder if this film makes a ton of money if they'll do another one so maybe he'd have a bigger role in the sequel.

Oh yeah could have been.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #448
Angamb
Banned User

I really think they are setting future movies with some new characters.

Pietro, Wanda and Magneto cant be used only in one movie, its too good of a dynamic to waste it on this already complex story. And Im sure Bryan would like them to be developed on another movie. Even if its another director who does it.

If this movie does heavy money, Fox will give us a bigger universe yet, so.... fingers crossed it exceeds their expectations.

Old 07-09-2013, 03:05 PM   #449
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
I really think they are setting future movies with some new characters.

Pietro, Wanda and Magneto cant be used only in one movie, its too good of a dynamic to waste it on this already complex story. And Im sure Bryan would like them to be developed on another movie. Even if its another director who does it.

If this movie does heavy money, Fox will give us a bigger universe yet, so.... fingers crossed it exceeds their expectations.
So you think maybe to move away fom the older cast too? I've got to admit ill be gutted when Hugh Jackman gives up been Wolverine.

Yeah we'll I think they probably want a piece of the Marvel action. They could make a shed load of films.

Old 07-09-2013, 03:39 PM   #450
Angamb
Banned User

Personally I think they will do both, another movie with original cast (we know Lauren S-Donner wants it, and Im sure Singer wants it too), and another FC sequel too, just dont know "when".

I guess that's what Fox will have to plan carefully with the rest of the producers and Millar.

Closed Thread