Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 11:52 PM   #726
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
I bet you chaps are the type of posters who'll refer to others as Nolanites or Bat fan boys without a hint of irony at your own behaviour.
I'm a fan of both Marvel and DC films (minus GL and SMR *shudders*) and you have to admit WB/DC is dropping the ball big time right now. Instead of having a plan like Marvel they're just going with the flow and seeing what does well and what doesn't. Avengers does well they want JL as soon as possible. Synder, Goyer and Cavill all said they need to slow it down and plan this out instead of just trying to jump straight into JL. WB are not doing the best right now and Marvel is destroying them. And before you say they aren't in competition, they are. These companies are in the same game fighting for the same audience. It's like saying Sony and Microsoft aren't in competition with each other.

To save a double post:

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/con...-panther-again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Lee
Well, let me put it to you this way: Back at Marvel, they are frantically looking for what is the next one they’re going to do. There is no way they won’t eventually do a Silver Surfer movie. It may not be for a few years because they’re thinking and working on Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Ant-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy. Everything we have. And the fans seem to want all of them. But they’ll get around to a Silver Surfer feature because he’s a wonderful character.
Looks like BP and Dr. Strange will probably be one of the 2016 and 2017 films announced.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:08 AM   #727
fixxxer
Side-Kick

More than ANYTHING I want Marvel to expand their yearly output from 2 to 3 movies. At least during years that don't have an Avengers movie coming out.

2015 Nov: Ant-Man

2016 May: Dr. Strange
2016 Jul: Thor 3
2016 Nov: Black Panther

2017 May: Captain America 3
2017 Jul: Captain Marvel
2017 Nov: Hulk 2

2018 May: Avengers 3

Last edited by fixxxer; 07-05-2013 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Dec --> Nov :)
Old 07-04-2013, 04:28 AM   #728
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNicRaDiATioN View Post
Runaways would be the ultimate.
Yeah, I think you gotta have some new characters who are not Avengers thrown in the mix for Phase 3. Runaways would be awesome. Also be nice to have a modern teen flick that doesn't suck.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:55 PM   #729
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer View Post
More than ANYTHING I want Marvel to expand their yearly output from 2 to 3 movies. At least during years that don't have an Avengers movie coming out.

2016 Dec: Black Panther

2017 Dec: Hulk 2

Hmm I'm not sure if a December release is a good idea. You might as welll move it to November since its probably going to be less crowded.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 07-05-2013, 03:08 AM   #730
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Hmm I'm not sure if a December release is a good idea. You might as welll move it to November since its probably going to be less crowded.
Done!

Old 07-05-2013, 07:28 AM   #731
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer View Post

2016 Nov: Black Panther

2017 Nov: Hulk 2

I like that list a lot, Unfortunatelly i doubt Marvel will do 3 movies per year 2 years straight

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 07-06-2013, 08:18 AM   #732
Mr. Dent

I'm starting to think

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Dr. Strange, Black Panther
2017: Inhumans or Avengers 3
2018: Avengers 3 if not in 2017

I'm thinking something will happen to the Avengers in A2 that makes giving them solo films for phase 3 impossible.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Old 07-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #733
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I'm starting to think

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Dr. Strange, Black Panther
2017: Inhumans or Avengers 3
2018: Avengers 3 if not in 2017

I'm thinking something will happen to the Avengers in A2 that makes giving them solo films for phase 3 impossible.

I'm sure it'll all boil down to the bottom line. If the Cap and Thor sequels produce, then Marvel will most certainly re-up them for third outings. If they underperform, the strategy will likely switch to the introduction of new properties in Phase III.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 07-06-2013, 10:20 AM   #734
Mr. Dent

I'm sure they would but it would be afterwards, unless phase 3 is longer. They have dates set through 2017 for three movies. We know for sure one of them is Dr. Strange. That leaves the other two. All signs point to at least either Black Panther or Inhumans being one of the movies, if not both. So, assuming it's not both, that leaves one movie, which to me is probably A3.

If A3 is planned to come out just two years after A2, and most of phase 3 is made out of properties other than the main Avengers, that tells us something happens in A2 that prevents solo films for that team from being made and requires a follow up sequel immediately. All that is supported by Joss saying it will be the Empire Strikes Back and Godfather 2, on top of a Marvel exec saying everything Marvel is planning will come to a head in 2017.

Anyway, I don't think they're worried about making sequels to Thor or Cap immediately especially if they have A3 coming out two years after A2.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
Old 07-06-2013, 08:35 PM   #735
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I really can't imagine Marvel Studios not wanting to complete a trilogy for Thor/Captain America in Phase 3. And I just can't imagine them putting Thor/Captain America/Iron Man on a break until the next Avengers movie to make way for lesser known characters.

I think starting in 2016, we'll get a sequel to an ongoing series and the other one for a character that haven't had a movie before.

Old 07-06-2013, 08:40 PM   #736
Mr. Dent

Well either way Iron Man is definitely on break.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:24 PM   #737
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
I'm sure they would but it would be afterwards, unless phase 3 is longer. They have dates set through 2017 for three movies. We know for sure one of them is Dr. Strange. That leaves the other two. All signs point to at least either Black Panther or Inhumans being one of the movies, if not both. So, assuming it's not both, that leaves one movie, which to me is probably A3.

If A3 is planned to come out just two years after A2, and most of phase 3 is made out of properties other than the main Avengers, that tells us something happens in A2 that prevents solo films for that team from being made and requires a follow up sequel immediately. All that is supported by Joss saying it will be the Empire Strikes Back and Godfather 2, on top of a Marvel exec saying everything Marvel is planning will come to a head in 2017.

Anyway, I don't think they're worried about making sequels to Thor or Cap immediately especially if they have A3 coming out two years after A2.
That's not exactly what Marvel's consumer products chief said back in 2011:

Quote:
Marvel’s President of Consumer Products, Paul Gitter, has been speaking to Advertising Age and Rich has already discussing his attitudes towards branding, but I feel there’s a key point worth clearly highlighting by itself. A key date, really.

There’s no direct quote in the piece, but Ad Age say that Gitter alluded to another big Marvel plan, this one to come to a head in 2017. Pressed for details, her refused to yield, but the date’s the thing.
The 2017 mention, which was never directly quoted anywhere, just says it's "another big Marvel plan," and was never specifically directed at Marvel movies at all. For all we know, it could have been early plans for the Disney merger/buyout brewing. Could have been anything. And after more than two years, rumor and speculation about an offhand comment by a merchandising exec may no longer hold any water at all.

I sincerely doubt Avengers 3 will come out just two years after Avengers 2. If Joss wants to shoot some sort of "two-parter," it would make far more sense then for TA3 to come out just a year later, as is typical of such film franchising strategy (e.g., Harry Potter, The Hobbit, The Hunger Games, etc.).

But I doubt even that. It's far likelier that they maintain a nice even 3-year gap between the Avenger films, and we'll see TA3 in 2018.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:08 PM   #738
Donar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I really can't imagine Marvel Studios not wanting to complete a trilogy for Thor/Captain America in Phase 3. And I just can't imagine them putting Thor/Captain America/Iron Man on a break until the next Avengers movie to make way for lesser known characters.

I think starting in 2016, we'll get a sequel to an ongoing series and the other one for a character that haven't had a movie before.
Agreed.

Old 07-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #739
marcvader
Lurker #1

The only way I see there not being a Cap 3 or Thor 3 is the upcoming sequels bombing or underperforming hard. Studios are for continuing to bleed franchises dry, remember that.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 07-07-2013, 11:54 AM   #740
chiefchirpa
Haaa-rooooooo

Quote:
Well either way Iron Man is definitely on break.
If not because RDJ's price becoming too much to bear, there would be an IM 4.

Being Marvel and their seemingly endless legion of characters, cutting off IM franchise = chance for other franchises to spurt and grow.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:56 AM   #741
Mr. Dent

....or he just doesn't want to do anymore solo Iron Man films.

Old 07-07-2013, 12:38 PM   #742
Lord
All Mighty

I doubt it has anything to do with Downey wanting more money

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 07-07-2013, 09:14 PM   #743
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
The only way I see there not being a Cap 3 or Thor 3 is the upcoming sequels bombing or underperforming hard. Studios are for continuing to bleed franchises dry, remember that.
Yes thats true.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #744
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefchirpa View Post
If not because RDJ's price becoming too much to bear, there would be an IM 4.
There's no real indication of this. Safer to assume that they're just letting IM rest for awhile while they establish other properties.

Which I think is a good idea personally, though I thought IM3 was the best of the three I'd rather move on for now. Especially since he's still going to be in Avengers.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 07-08-2013, 08:44 AM   #745
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
Will Avengers 3 take place in space? I want a Civil War film soon...
Never going to happen, as well it shouldn't. The characters don't work, the setting doesn't work, and the themes don't work.

Old 07-09-2013, 04:55 AM   #746
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

So far we know:
Ant-Man - confirmed
Dr. Strange - confirmed by Feige
Black Panther - confirmed by Stan Lee
Inhumans - semi confirmed by Feige
A female character movie - looking into by Marvel

RDJ confirmed for A2 and A3 only

Dates:
Ant-Man - Nov 2015
Unannounced - May 2016
Unannounced - July 2016
Unannounced - May 2017

While it's still possible that Marvel may announce a never before mentioned IP for one of those announced dates most of us will agree it's not likely. My take is if Thor and Ant-Man do well in November then we'll see another November film in 2016 or 2017. I also think 2 of those announced dates are for sequels and one is for a new IP probably Strange.

While I would definitely love A3 to come out in 2018 (only if they do 3 films in either 2016 or 2017) or if not then 2019 to allow them to introduce more characters into the universe before the big finale. At the moment we have Fury, IM, Cap, Thor, Hulk, WM, Widow, Hawkeye, and Hill (not counting villains or minor characters). Between Phase 2 and Phase 3 we'll be getting Winter Soldier, Falcon, Sharon Carter, Guardians of the Galaxy, possibly Nova and/or Adam Warlock, Ant-Man and hopefully Wasp, Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, possibly another female character, possibly Inhumans. That's 9 (not counting all the Guardians) new confirmed characters in the next 5 years. A lot, but would love more.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:15 AM   #747
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
So far we know:
Ant-Man - confirmed
Dr. Strange - confirmed by Feige
Black Panther - confirmed by Stan Lee
Inhumans - semi confirmed by Feige
A female character movie - looking into by Marvel

RDJ confirmed for A2 and A3 only

Dates:
Ant-Man - Nov 2015
Unannounced - May 2016
Unannounced - July 2016
Unannounced - May 2017

While it's still possible that Marvel may announce a never before mentioned IP for one of those announced dates most of us will agree it's not likely. My take is if Thor and Ant-Man do well in November then we'll see another November film in 2016 or 2017. I also think 2 of those announced dates are for sequels and one is for a new IP probably Strange.

While I would definitely love A3 to come out in 2018 (only if they do 3 films in either 2016 or 2017) or if not then 2019 to allow them to introduce more characters into the universe before the big finale. At the moment we have Fury, IM, Cap, Thor, Hulk, WM, Widow, Hawkeye, and Hill (not counting villains or minor characters). Between Phase 2 and Phase 3 we'll be getting Winter Soldier, Falcon, Sharon Carter, Guardians of the Galaxy, possibly Nova and/or Adam Warlock, Ant-Man and hopefully Wasp, Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, possibly another female character, possibly Inhumans. That's 9 (not counting all the Guardians) new confirmed characters in the next 5 years. A lot, but would love more.
I would guard my heart against what Stan Lee says about these movies. He does not have an active role in the planning and production of these movies, so whenever he says anything it's only from what he's heard, and shouldn't be taken as official confirmation.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:17 PM   #748
Hcmarvel
Side-Kick

I have a feeling that Marvel is smart enough to sense that a real fatigue for Superhero movies could come at any moment, and that they need to keep stretching the demographics and types of movies they make.

So I think Runaways, Black Panther, and Ms. Marvel all make a lot of sense to keep the genre moving forward and not just a series of 2s, 3s, and 4s (Amazing Spider-Man's plan).

I also bet Marvel would LOVE to get a major female superhero on screen before WB/DC can get its act together to get Wonder Woman up. Honestly surprised we haven't heard anything about Carol Danvers being introduced in Captain America 2...

Old 07-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #749
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
I would guard my heart against what Stan Lee says about these movies. He does not have an active role in the planning and production of these movies, so whenever he says anything it's only from what he's heard, and shouldn't be taken as official confirmation.
But look at what other movies he mentions in conjunction with BP. GotG and Ant-Man are definitely being made, so it's not like he just threw BP out there for no reason. While Stan Lee may not be in a position of power, it's reasonable to say he probably has more knowledge of what's going on than any other random person.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:17 AM   #750
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
But look at what other movies he mentions in conjunction with BP. GotG and Ant-Man are definitely being made, so it's not like he just threw BP out there for no reason. While Stan Lee may not be in a position of power, it's reasonable to say he probably has more knowledge of what's going on than any other random person.

And Stan's been on the money with his "leaks" before. I have no reason at all to doubt Stan the Man. Excelsior!

Closed Thread