The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 10:58 AM   #26
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane
 
Szetsilya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United States of Obama
Posts: 1,477
Default Re: Zack Synder, David Goyer and the whole team

David was the one who came up with the stupid scenario for Jonathan's death? Yeah could probably do w/o him.

__________________
Henry Cavill is Superman/Clark Kent
Anne Hathaway, Natalie Dormer or Rachel McAdams for Lois Lane
Russel Crowe is Jor-El
Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Szetsilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:02 PM   #27
dnno1
Side-Kick
 
dnno1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,592
Default Re: Zack Synder, David Goyer and the whole team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
David was the one who came up with the stupid scenario for Jonathan's death? Yeah could probably do w/o him.
That wasn't a stupid scene, but a very powerful and moving one. Jonathan Kent felt that it was so important to keep Clark's identity a secret that he was willing to give his life. That story was so inspiring that it moved Pulitzer Prize winning journalist, Lois Lane, to pull her expose from the news. I think a lot of flamers try to marginalize it as Kent giving up his life to save a dog, but that is just a narrow minded view on the scene.

__________________
Dno
dnno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:10 PM   #28
blumatic
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 564
Default Re: Zack Synder, David Goyer and the whole team

Kent scene was just not executed perfectly. I would of liked it if Clark went and Jonathan yelled NO!!!!. And have Clark pause but the try again only to be too late. He just stood there. But I like that it's not a throw away scene. In STM Clark says that with all his powers he couldn't save his dad. But they never revisited that issue. Wasted scene.

blumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:11 PM   #29
dark_b
Side-Kick
 
dark_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 44,000
Default Re: Zack Synder, David Goyer and the whole team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
That wasn't a stupid scene, but a very powerful and moving one. Jonathan Kent felt that it was so important to keep Clark's identity a secret that he was willing to give his life. That story was so inspiring that it moved Pulitzer Prize winning journalist, Lois Lane, to pull her expose from the news. I think a lot of flamers try to marginalize it as Kent giving up his life to save a dog, but that is just a narrow minded view on the scene.
that was not based on a true story. it was made up by the writter.

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:19 PM   #30
Andreth
Side-Kick
 
Andreth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fangtasia
Posts: 2,684
Default Re: Zack Synder, David Goyer and the whole team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
That wasn't a stupid scene, but a very powerful and moving one. Jonathan Kent felt that it was so important to keep Clark's identity a secret that he was willing to give his life. That story was so inspiring that it moved Pulitzer Prize winning journalist, Lois Lane, to pull her expose from the news. I think a lot of flamers try to marginalize it as Kent giving up his life to save a dog, but that is just a narrow minded view on the scene.
The act itself and the idea behind it was perfect. Yes, the notion that Jonathan was willing to die to protect Clark and give him a normal life was powerful and moving.

The execution however, that's where the problem was. I wish he could have gone back to save more families, more people, to see Jonathan acting like a hero only to find he was so invested in saving people that he couldn't escape the tornado, not getting his feet stuck for going back to save the dog, a dog Clark could have gone back for at normal speed. It's not being narrow minded, I understand the sacrifice and the idea behind, it's how it actually happens what bothered many people.

__________________
"A 12 year old Ben Linus brought me a chicken salad sandwich. How do you think I'm doing?"
LOST


"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Andreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #31
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,877
Default Re: Zack Synder, David Goyer and the whole team

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumatic View Post
Kent scene was just not executed perfectly. I would of liked it if Clark went and Jonathan yelled NO!!!!. And have Clark pause but the try again only to be too late. He just stood there. But I like that it's not a throw away scene. In STM Clark says that with all his powers he couldn't save his dad. But they never revisited that issue. Wasted scene.
Not really. Pa Kents death fueled his emotional uncertainty so that he was practically willing to be ordered around by a hologram.

A better way to do this would be to have Superman have to choose between saving another person and Zod. Superman reluctantly saves the other person, but Pa Kent dies from being hit by wreckage, and you see Pa Kent telling his son how proud he is. That would have been more effective, IMHO.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:44 PM   #32
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!
 
Smashlilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,807
Default Re: Zack Synder, David Goyer and the whole team

I'm glad they movied away from the limitations of the Donnerverse. I'm tire of people using that version of superman as source material. I just hope they dip more into the comics for inspiration in the future.

__________________
Quote:
What is the most indestructable thing in the avengers? Ironman's suit, Captain America's Shield, or Thor's Hammer? The correct answer is Hulk's Pants

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:17 PM   #33
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!
 
hopefuldreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 11,158
Default Re: Zack Synder, David Goyer and the whole team

I'd also like to thank Snyder for hiring Henry Cavill and for making a point of Superman being more 'manly' (chest hair, shirtlessness and all).

It's greatly appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
The act itself and the idea behind it was perfect. Yes, the notion that Jonathan was willing to die to protect Clark and give him a normal life was powerful and moving.

The execution however, that's where the problem was. I wish he could have gone back to save more families, more people, to see Jonathan acting like a hero only to find he was so invested in saving people that he couldn't escape the tornado, not getting his feet stuck for going back to save the dog, a dog Clark could have gone back for at normal speed. It's not being narrow minded, I understand the sacrifice and the idea behind, it's how it actually happens what bothered many people.
This.

__________________
I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."


*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:33 PM   #34
sf2
Side-Kick
 
sf2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,963
Default Re: Zack Synder, David Goyer and the whole team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Are you expressing surprise that he is black? Are you unsure that he is black? Are you shocked that they would cast a black person? I'm having trouble reading your punctuation and figuring out what the heck this means...
casting a black as perry white.
you knew. but you just wanna bash. peace.

just like some to the movie.

__________________
“Everything you can imagine is real.”
― Pablo Picasso
sf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:41 PM   #35
tomoe
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 420
Default Re: Zack Synder, David Goyer and the whole team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
That wasn't a stupid scene, but a very powerful and moving one. Jonathan Kent felt that it was so important to keep Clark's identity a secret that he was willing to give his life. That story was so inspiring that it moved Pulitzer Prize winning journalist, Lois Lane, to pull her expose from the news. I think a lot of flamers try to marginalize it as Kent giving up his life to save a dog, but that is just a narrow minded view on the scene.
Jonathan willing to die to keep his son's secret is not what pisses me off, or even that he went back for a dog. Those are both understandable to me. What's unforgivable to me is that Clark let his father die to keep his secret. Clark let him die for his own well being. That is something I don't even see many normal people doing, much less Superman.

tomoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:50 PM   #36
dnno1
Side-Kick
 
dnno1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,592
Default Re: Zack Synder, David Goyer and the whole team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomoe View Post
Jonathan willing to die to keep his son's secret is not what pisses me off, or even that he went back for a dog. Those are both understandable to me. What's unforgivable to me is that Clark let his father die to keep his secret. Clark let him die for his own well being. That is something I don't even see many normal people doing, much less Superman.
He only did what his father told him. "Not yet" was what he said. I am sure Clark did regret it for a while (which might explain why he left home). But that scene was a very important part of the movie and it set up a lot of other plot-lines that occurred later on in the film.

__________________
Dno
dnno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #37
dnno1
Side-Kick
 
dnno1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,592
Default Re: Zack Synder, David Goyer and the whole team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
The act itself and the idea behind it was perfect. Yes, the notion that Jonathan was willing to die to protect Clark and give him a normal life was powerful and moving.

The execution however, that's where the problem was. I wish he could have gone back to save more families, more people, to see Jonathan acting like a hero only to find he was so invested in saving people that he couldn't escape the tornado, not getting his feet stuck for going back to save the dog, a dog Clark could have gone back for at normal speed. It's not being narrow minded, I understand the sacrifice and the idea behind, it's how it actually happens what bothered many people.
He did (didn't you watch the film?). Johnathan Kent was basically the ring leader in making sure that people got out of their cars and got to shelter. It wasn't like he needed to save an entire town or something like that since it was only a line of cars on a small road in a country town.

__________________
Dno
dnno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:30 PM   #38
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust
 
Kryptonian Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
Posts: 4,695
Default Re: Zack Synder, David Goyer and the whole team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Are you expressing surprise that he is black? Are you unsure that he is black? Are you shocked that they would cast a black person? I'm having trouble reading your punctuation and figuring out what the heck this means...
I don't even try to figure out half the things some people say on here. I'm sure you can tell that English isn't their primary language.

__________________
My Ever Growing Blu Ray Collection

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Kryptonian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:50 PM   #39
tomoe
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 420
Default Re: Zack Synder, David Goyer and the whole team

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumatic View Post
Kent scene was just not executed perfectly. I would of liked it if Clark went and Jonathan yelled NO!!!!. And have Clark pause but the try again only to be too late. He just stood there. But I like that it's not a throw away scene. In STM Clark says that with all his powers he couldn't save his dad. But they never revisited that issue. Wasted scene.
It would have been even better if Jonathan just said no in a normal voice, and Clark was able to hear it. Still would have been a stupid scene though.

tomoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.