Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 04:50 PM   #451
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: Catch me if you can!! Evan Peters?Quicksilver Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Personally I think they will do both, another movie with original cast (we know Lauren S-Donner wants it, and Im sure Singer wants it too), and another FC sequel too, just dont know "when".

I guess that's what Fox will have to plan carefully with the rest of the producers and Millar.
That'd rock

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 07-09-2013, 10:55 PM   #452
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Personally, I just want them to move forward with the modern-day X-Men. I feel like its gonna be so much easier to map-out this series if they would only be focusing in 1 X-Men series. Two on-going X-Men movie series and spin-offs would over-saturate this series.

And FOX should also focus on Fantastic Four. After DOFP, I want a cross-over film between the X-Men/Fantastic Four to be the next big film event.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 07-09-2013, 11:28 PM   #453
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Personally, I just want them to move forward with the modern-day X-Men. I feel like its gonna be so much easier to map-out this series if they would only be focusing in 1 X-Men series. Two on-going X-Men movie series and spin-offs would over-saturate this series.

And FOX should also focus on Fantastic Four. After DOFP, I want a cross-over film between the X-Men/Fantastic Four to be the next big film event.
I disagree slightly I want them to continue forward with the modern day X-Men as well. But I do not think that having more than one branch of X-Men in the movieverse will oversaturate it. There isnt just one X-Men comic and it would give more room to see familiar faces introduced sooner than waiting x amount of years for a sequel. Espiecally since the modern day X-men are not getting any younger its time to expand the universe so when the Modern Day Xmen decide to call it quits you still have someone to carry the torch. There is a ton of X-Universe stories not involving the core XMen cast that could be introduced with spin off movies, just not to much and the series will be fine.

Old 07-10-2013, 12:09 AM   #454
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeholdMe View Post
I disagree slightly I want them to continue forward with the modern day X-Men as well. But I do not think that having more than one branch of X-Men in the movieverse will oversaturate it. There isnt just one X-Men comic and it would give more room to see familiar faces introduced sooner than waiting x amount of years for a sequel.

Espiecally since the modern day X-men are not getting any younger its time to expand the universe so when the Modern Day Xmen decide to call it quits you still have someone to carry the torch. There is a ton of X-Universe stories not involving the core XMen cast that could be introduced with spin off movies, just not to much and the series will be fine.
Releasing comic-books and movies are different. Do you know how many comic-books can Marvel release with using the budget for just 1 movie? If you check the other superhero movie series out there, its only the X-Men that had the guts to release a spin-off movie and achieve moderate success. But its not the gonna work in the long run, the more spin-offs that FOX releases, the more chances the general public won't care about the X-Men movie series.

Origins: Wolverine and First Class didn't help the franchise to attract more viewers. The Wolverine is hardly on people's radar. The only thing that this series benefited from releasing spin-off/prequels is the audience didn't get tired seeing the original cast and now that they got a 8-year break, I feel like its time again for the general public to see another string of films with the original cast.

And when the modern-day cast decided to quit, I want this series to end with them. Then after that, do a reboot that will not connect things to the original film series.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 07-10-2013 at 12:15 AM.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:37 AM   #455
jed
Side-Kick

Since Magneto is QuickSilver and Wanda's father, then why is their last name "Maximoff" ?

Shouldn't it be " Lensherr" since Magneto's name is Erik Lensherr?

And if they're Magneto's kids, why didn't their inherit their father's magnetism power?

Consider fast speed and manipulation of chaos and probability are so far off from Magnetism.

Even if they didn't inherit their father's magnetism powers, by right....their powers should be similar or closer to magnetism......such as electricity or anything to do with metals.

Rachel Summers inherit her mother's telekinesis and telepathic powers.

Old 07-10-2013, 03:38 AM   #456
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
I agree that the modern-day X-Men are the way to go. I think First Class was a stylish and retro way of developing the X-Men world, but now that it's done it was actually very limiting. Creating stories in the past creates limits with continuity, believable technology, and storytelling. Mutants were presented as still somewhat mysterious in X1, so you can't tell really big stories in prequel format.

With the modern-day X-Men, the storytelling possibilities are endless. The core cast can have one more movie which passes the torch along to the younger characters... plus the addition of new but still popular characters. Characters like Rogue, Kitty, and Colossus could be joined with Psylocke, Archangel, a retconned Gambit... perfect for stories like the Mutant Massacre and villains like Sinister and Apocalypse. And after the events of DOFP, they could all be led by an alive and well Cyclops! Or if Halle and company are willing, even Storm (who was a big part of those awesome 80s stories).

Haha gawd I wish I could be a consultant just to live out my fanboy dreams!

Last edited by josh8; 07-10-2013 at 03:42 AM.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:32 AM   #457
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Releasing comic-books and movies are different. Do you know how many comic-books can Marvel release with using the budget for just 1 movie? If you check the other superhero movie series out there, its only the X-Men that had the guts to release a spin-off movie and achieve moderate success. But its not the gonna work in the long run, the more spin-offs that FOX releases, the more chances the general public won't care about the X-Men movie series.

Origins: Wolverine and First Class didn't help the franchise to attract more viewers. The Wolverine is hardly on people's radar. The only thing that this series benefited from releasing spin-off/prequels is the audience didn't get tired seeing the original cast and now that they got a 8-year break, I feel like its time again for the general public to see another string of films with the original cast.

And when the modern-day cast decided to quit, I want this series to end with them. Then after that, do a reboot that will not connect things to the original film series.
Im not saying stay in the past with the FC cast im saying there are plenty of other teams of X-men and not just to stick with the current ones we have in film, like Generation X,XForce,New Mutants. Im just saying to explore into different territories. I understand what your saying having it end with the Modern day,but i would need a reboot so I can continue to get my Storm fix. Im not checking for the Wolverine just because he is an oversaturated character regardless you saying hes the star of the X-men because there can be plenty after him. i want AOA and for the Shiar to be introduced as long as the franschise dosent die out ill be happy. Also im not saying make all these strings of X-movies at one time because I agree the audience will eventually tire of it.

Old 07-10-2013, 05:46 AM   #458
Angamb
Banned User

BeholdMe, he has been posting more or less the same comment over and over all these months to most users, so dont pay too much attention if you dont want this topic to become a psylockolussus focused one

back on topic, do you think Pietro (or Pietro and Wanda) should part ways from Magneto at the end of this movie? or would be better to save that for next movie? As Pietro's full arc

Old 07-10-2013, 07:24 AM   #459
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:

That would be a massive event but the F4 reboot would have to be succesful for that to work. Do Fox have the rights to Galactus?

Old 07-10-2013, 08:32 AM   #460
def28
Side-Kick

Yeah, they have the rights for Galactus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeholdMe View Post
Im not saying stay in the past with the FC cast im saying there are plenty of other teams of X-men and not just to stick with the current ones we have in film, like Generation X,XForce,New Mutants. Im just saying to explore into different territories.

Quote:
back on topic, do you think Pietro (or Pietro and Wanda) should part ways from Magneto at the end of this movie? or would be better to save that for next movie? As Pietro's full arc
Man, I really don't know. Since this film has the possibility of erasing or changing timelines it's difficult to know what's best, or if we would be just starting over in some way by the time the next film hits. So I guess if there is any arc for Pietro probably best to complete it here.

Last edited by def28; 07-10-2013 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:34 AM   #461
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Yep fox has the rights to Galactus.

Quicksilver and Magneto didn't know they were father and son for years.

In comics Magneto's wife ran from him when he used powers to kill those who keep him from saving their daughter.She was pregnent at the time unknown to him.

I still believe the future of films will take place in more present timeline featuring as Bryan Singer has called them some corrections of what went down In Last Stand.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #462
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I still believe the future of films will take place in more present timeline featuring as Bryan Singer has called them some corrections of what went down In Last Stand.
To be fair when he says fixing he also means connecting the prequel elements of FC and the OT

I don't think the future of this franchise is in singers correcting words, because honestly i think this film will surprise with what they do with timetravel, singer won't be simple with this idea

Old 07-10-2013, 09:28 AM   #463
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Yep fox has the rights to Galactus.
Cool, maybe if they do an X-Men/FF crossover they'll have Galactus as the villain.

Quote:
Well maybe some things with happen in DOFP that change the timeline so that he can cut some of the crap out.

Old 07-10-2013, 10:16 AM   #464
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

It seems like from Interview Singer did whole promating Jack the giant slayer that

1:They are going to work on better connecting things between First Class and OT.Clean up
as he called It or making First Class run more smoothly with the Singerverse of X-Men/X2 and a bit better with Last Stand
2ealing with some things that went down In last stand through use of time travel.Correcting some things as he has said or using time travel to undo some of mess Ratner and rothman left X-Men In.Like Cyclops and Jean's deaths.Possibly undoing Xavier's "Death" and Rogue taking cure from memory.

Old 07-10-2013, 12:14 PM   #465
Paradox1
Side-Kick

IF Singer corrects those things through time travel I'd be extremely happy.

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Old 07-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #466
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by jed View Post
Since Magneto is QuickSilver and Wanda's father, then why is their last name "Maximoff" ?

Shouldn't it be " Lensherr" since Magneto's name is Erik Lensherr?
I think you need to read some comics and do your homework!

But, since you asked, Magneto didn't know for years he had children. He had split up with his wife Magda without knowing she was pregnant with twins. She died while giving birth and they were raised by a man called Django Maximoff. So they took the Maximoff surname. It was only many, many years later that Magneto figured out that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were his children. An entire comic was devoted to that discovery and his confrontation with the two siblings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jed View Post
And if they're Magneto's kids, why didn't their inherit their father's magnetism power?

Consider fast speed and manipulation of chaos and probability are so far off from Magnetism.

Even if they didn't inherit their father's magnetism powers, by right....their powers should be similar or closer to magnetism......such as electricity or anything to do with metals.

Rachel Summers inherit her mother's telekinesis and telepathic powers.
The way that mutations (or powers) are (or are not) passed on isn't quite as straightforward as you think.

As another example, Mr Fantastic and Invisible Woman were parents to the mutant Franklin Richards, who has reality-altering and psionic powers. Nothing like his dad's elasticity or his mother's invisibility.

The mutant gene doesn't work in the way you imagine. It's a gene that acts as a trigger for other DNA (the so-called 'junk DNA' that's inactive in humans), and it is triggered usually at a time of stress or crisis. That's why all these mutants have vastly different abilities and yet one gene in common - the mutant X-gene.

So, basically, it's a bit of a lottery which powers a mutant child of mutant parents might end up with. But there are sometimes similar or identical powers inherited by offspring, depending on the complicated nature of genetics and heredity.

In Magneto's case, there are some similarities. Magneto's supercharged metabolism and nervous system (which generates his magnetism and his electromagnetic force blasts) could be said to be similar to the supercharged metabolism and nervous system that gives Quicksilver his amazing speed. And Magneto's power to influence the environment (in his case, metals, magnetic fields, electrical fields) is similar to Scarlet Witch's power to influence her environment (in her case, in a much broader sense by altering reality and probabilities). And in the case of Polaris, she has almost exactly the same powers as her father.

This is all 'sci-fi science' of course but there is some logic in it.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:48 PM   #467
jed
Side-Kick

X-Maniac,

thank you very much for your information and explainations.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:52 AM   #468
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
I agree that the modern-day X-Men are the way to go. I think First Class was a stylish and retro way of developing the X-Men world, but now that it's done it was actually very limiting. Creating stories in the past creates limits with continuity, believable technology, and storytelling. Mutants were presented as still somewhat mysterious in X1, so you can't tell really big stories in prequel format.

With the modern-day X-Men, the storytelling possibilities are endless. The core cast can have one more movie which passes the torch along to the younger characters... plus the addition of new but still popular characters. Characters like Rogue, Kitty, and Colossus could be joined with Psylocke, Archangel, a retconned Gambit... perfect for stories like the Mutant Massacre and villains like Sinister and Apocalypse. And after the events of DOFP, they could all be led by an alive and well Cyclops! Or if Halle and company are willing, even Storm (who was a big part of those awesome 80s stories).

I agree and I said this a long time ago

Prequels - more room for limitations and more possibilities for continuity errors.

Quote:
BeholdMe, he has been posting more or less the same comment over and over all these months to most users, so dont pay too much attention if you dont want this topic to become a psylockolussus focused one

And didn't you tell me to create my own thread and I didn't even report you for that and a mod told you to stop attacking posters.

And I only repeat things when I have to and when people are discussing about the future X-Men movies. Its not like I posted in this thread with a post like this - "hey stop releasing prequels and make a X-Men 5 movie asap!!!".

Last edited by psylockolussus; 07-11-2013 at 02:56 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:36 AM   #469
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:

I see that , if Wanda is introduced I think due to the size of the movie they may not be fleshed out as much so another movie with them in would be cool. I would love to see Wanda using her hex powers on the big screen.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #470
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post

I could not agree with you more. The stories I want to see on screen won't work in the first class past universe. The modern day X-Men are needed. and if new characters like Psylocke are introduced in the past then it stops them interacting with characters like say Angel who would be among the modern day X-Men. I liked FC but I think it's done its job which was to revitalize the X-Men series. It did the seemingly impossible and breathed new life into the series and now the Modern day team can keep the pulse beating.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 07-15-2013, 02:57 PM   #471
kasjan
Side-Kick

Would love to see scene, Magneto and Mystique talking about their fight for mutants is priority, they dont' have time for family. That's why Raven leaves Azazel with Kurt, and Eric leaves Magda, but he wants to meet his old love. Then he realizes he has kids with Magda.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:36 PM   #472
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

^actually when you think about it, they could do both if they want to.

Fighting for mutants didn't stop Jean/Cyclops to be a couple in X1/X2.

Old 07-16-2013, 03:51 AM   #473
kasjan
Side-Kick

Yea, but they care about it in different way than villains.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:43 PM   #474
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Emma-Rob...d-1067924.aspx
Quote:
Report: Emma Roberts Arrested for Domestic Violence Against Boyfriend Evan Peters
by Natalie Abrams

Emma Roberts was arrested on July 7 after an altercation with her boyfriend Evan Peters, TMZ.com reports.

The 22-year-old niece of Julia Roberts was taken into custody in Montreal, Canada after allegedly getting into a fight with Peters, who stars on American Horror Story, that resulted in him getting a bloody nose.

Peters, 26, declined to press charges, and Roberts was released hours later. Both young actors are currently working on American Horror Story: Coven, the next installment of the FX horror series.
Seems like a fun couple...

H.E.(R?)
Old 07-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #475
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

Knew she was a crazy *****.

Closed Thread