Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 07:33 AM   #751
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
But look at what other movies he mentions in conjunction with BP. GotG and Ant-Man are definitely being made, so it's not like he just threw BP out there for no reason. While Stan Lee may not be in a position of power, it's reasonable to say he probably has more knowledge of what's going on than any other random person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
And Stan's been on the money with his "leaks" before. I have no reason at all to doubt Stan the Man. Excelsior!
Do you think his Silver Surfer comments are also on the money then?

Old 07-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #752
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

I think the silver surfer comments are his own personal thoughts. The other movies he mentioned make a whole lot of sense though.

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:09 PM   #753
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
Do you think his Silver Surfer comments are also on the money then?
I honestly don't know what to make about that comment. It could mean he's privy to some behind the scenes knowledge between Fox and Marvel that we don't know about. It could mean Marvel in conjunction with Fox will be producing a Silver Surfer film. Honestly, it could mean one of many things.

It still doesn't take away the weight of his BP comment though.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:28 AM   #754
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

I know this is random but If Pacific Rim is as good as I'm hoping it'll be, Del Torro is my official pick for the eventual TIH2 movie.

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:39 AM   #755
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
I know this is random but If Pacific Rim is as good as I'm hoping it'll be, Del Torro is my official pick for the eventual TIH2 movie.
This may not mean much but everyone's loving it. Critics are loving it, Hideo Kojima (creator of Metal Gear Solid) said its the ultimate Otaku film and all Japanese people should watch it, Kanye West says he loves it. I'll be waiting til Tuesday to go see it (ugh, but $5 for a movie is worth the wait) but from what people are saying it's amazing.

Edit 2: The front site gives an amazing review of the movie. 9.5/10.

Edit: I really hope he does Justice League Dark now and I wouldn't mind seeing him do something for Marvel, something like Dr Strange maybe. I say Strange because Del Toro has experience building fantastic worlds and great visuals (Pan's Labyrinth, Hellboy, Pacific Rim). I think he could pull off the visual aspect of the comics too. It's too bad they're probably looking to get this made by 2016, 2017 by the latest and he seems to be booked for a while to come.

Last edited by blalex620; 07-11-2013 at 03:06 AM.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:47 AM   #756
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

I've always had him at the top of my list for Dr. Strange. After seeing the action in Pacific rim I wouldn't mind him doing TIH 2 especially since he was so attached to the TV show.
Pacific Rim really is awesome by the way, it's like anime brought to life. But I love the scale and action, very creative.

Old 07-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #757
Green Goblin
Not the Hobgoblin!

I hope for another hulk movie, I'd fund production with my own money.

Old 07-16-2013, 02:35 AM   #758
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
I hope for another hulk movie, I'd fund production with my own money.
just a guess but a post-avengers hulk film's probably gonna need more than a $5000 budget.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:14 AM   #759
Green Goblin
Not the Hobgoblin!

I'd wish they gave us TIH2 in phase 2. They could have taken IM3 out or something IDK

Old 07-16-2013, 09:51 PM   #760
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

They should have taken out GOTG!

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
Old 07-16-2013, 10:00 PM   #761
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

eff that, Guardians is the most interesting one they have this phase.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 07-17-2013, 12:12 AM   #762
Mr. Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Your bias against that movie is almost comical at this point. It'll be fun watching your reaction when they announce Inhumans.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Old 07-17-2013, 01:00 AM   #763
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
GotG is by far the most far out there and interesting film they got/had to date and I'm glad they didn't give TIH2 it's place. Until they give me a Hulk that's not a mindless rage machine I could care less about another TIH (biased I know).

Old 07-29-2013, 12:20 PM   #764
Mr. Dent

Reviving this thread to scratch my needs.

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Doctor Strange, Thor 3
2017: GotG2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3

I think a Cap sequel is going to be the one to get the shaft between sequels to Thor 2, GotG, and Cap 2. Thor 2 would have come out after Cap 2 so they might be more inclined to prioritize a sequel for Thor since he would have been away longer in terms of his own film, and for GotG I don't think they would want to stay away from the characters that long since if it does well enough to get a sequel they'll want to strike while the iron's hot and Cap would have been in A2. And Inhumans and Doctor Strange are definitely coming.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
Old 07-29-2013, 01:17 PM   #765
unman1234
Side-Kick

Let's be honest, This is really the only Phase 3 line up there can be:

Nov. Antman

May. Dr Strange
July. Thor 3

May. Capt 3
July/Aug. Guardian 3

May. Avengers 3

There are no other movies possible. Thor, Capt, Guardians will be huge successes over the next few years and Marvel will work to complete the initial 3 movies of each. They MIGHT put out a hulk movie in the off-summer months- possibly Nov of 2017 or spring of 2018, but they are locked in phase 3.

Old 07-29-2013, 05:53 PM   #766
Mr. Dent

Quote:
There are no other movies possible
Inhumans

Old 07-29-2013, 08:01 PM   #767
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Gotta have a guardians 2 before we get 3 lol.
I think a Black Panther movie has big chances.

Old 07-30-2013, 03:41 PM   #768
unman1234
Side-Kick

oops, good catch. i do wonder if we start getting 3 movies a year soon. Putting one out each year in November, with two other movies in the spring and summer. I'd be against that... they need to make sure the quality is maintained.

Old 07-30-2013, 03:46 PM   #769
Lord
All Mighty

Captain Marvel and Black Panther are properties i would like to see being done in Phase III, after that i also hope for a Namor movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 08-06-2013, 03:16 AM   #770
Bman32x
Newbie First Class

I'm going a little off the cuff, but I would like to see Marvel Studios ultimately reboot and lead to X-men: Age of Apocalypse. With the Fox contract running out, this is the only route I see this going. Singer basically using DoFP's plot to unwrite the mess X3 created. With that, characters are brought back to life, recast, put back in the same universe with others, and would lead strongly into Avengers 3: The Infinity Gauntlet.

Old 08-06-2013, 03:51 AM   #771
Mr. Dent

Fox owns the rights to the character perpetually as long as they continue making movies. There is no "running out" for that contract.

Old 08-06-2013, 04:24 AM   #772
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by unman1234 View Post
Let's be honest, This is really the only Phase 3 line up there can be:

Nov. Antman

May. Dr Strange
July. Thor 3

May. Capt 3
July/Aug. Guardian 2

May. Avengers 3

There are no other movies possible. Thor, Capt, Guardians will be huge successes over the next few years and Marvel will work to complete the initial 3 movies of each. They MIGHT put out a hulk movie in the off-summer months- possibly Nov of 2017 or spring of 2018, but they are locked in phase 3.
To say that Black Panther, Captain Marvel (or at least a female centered movie) or Inhumans is not possible is foolish. It's been rumored and leaked by multiple people that Black Panther is coming. Marvel's looking into female characters and Feige has said he wants to do Inhumans many times. Those 3 movies have a better chance of being made than a Hulk film if we're being honest. The only way we won't see any of those films is if they introduce those characters in Phase 3 films then give them their own in Phase 4. But what's more likely to happen is they throw at least one more new property in Phase 3 so that they have some, hopefully, hits to do sequels for in Phase 4 along with more new movies. It's always best to spread new films in between established franchises.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #773
BobJM
Who's Bad?

For Phase 3, I'd like

Thor 3
Captain America 3
Captain Marvel
GOTG2
Black Panther
Dr. Strange
Avengers 3

Not necessarily in that order, but with A3 now likely culminating with Thanos (lol, like a month ago, we all said this about A2 so we'll see), I see Marvel continuing with the cosmic angle with GOTG2 and Captain Marvel (or she can be introduced in GOTG2 ala BW in IM2) to keep it on people's mind while simultaneously dipping into the magic/mystical (Strange & BP).

Then, just imagine this set up for Avengers 3: Infinity Gauntlet.

Thanos vs. Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, BW, Hawkeye, Falcon, War Machine, GOTG, Quicksilver, Scarlett Witch, Ant-Man, Wasp (?), Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, maybe throw in some Asgardians, SHIELD.

Oh man that'd be something.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:14 PM   #774
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJM View Post
For Phase 3, I'd like

Thor 3
Captain America 3
Captain Marvel
GOTG2
Black Panther
Dr. Strange
Avengers 3

Not necessarily in that order, but with A3 now likely culminating with Thanos (lol, like a month ago, we all said this about A2 so we'll see), I see Marvel continuing with the cosmic angle with GOTG2 and Captain Marvel (or she can be introduced in GOTG2 ala BW in IM2) to keep it on people's mind while simultaneously dipping into the magic/mystical (Strange & BP).

Then, just imagine this set up for Avengers 3: Infinity Gauntlet.

Thanos vs. Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, BW, Hawkeye, Falcon, War Machine, GOTG, Quicksilver, Scarlett Witch, Ant-Man, Wasp (?), Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, maybe throw in some Asgardians, SHIELD.

Oh man that'd be something.
That's pretty much my perfect Phase 3. 8 films spread out between 2015 through 2018 (hopefully they wait 3 years for Avengers 3 and not just 2). The only thing I don't agree with is so many characters in Avengers 3. That's way too many characters. The only way for that to work is if they did an invasion/ enemy army style movie again to fit so many characters into the battle sequence.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:18 PM   #775
BobJM
Who's Bad?

It'd be epic. Characters like GOTG, War Machine, and Falcon can come in for the final battle.

If Black Panther, for example (just picking a name), doesn't have a major role and only a few cool action moments or dialogue snippets, no big deal, that's why he's getting solo flicks. Same goes with any of the characters (the newer ones, most likely). But, since A3 may possibly be the original MCU actors' last film, it'd be nice to have all the characters all on screen so it can transition easier for the coming films in Phase 4

Closed Thread