The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Old 07-11-2013, 06:18 AM   #1
Angamb
Banned User

Default The X-FORCE Official Thread

First of all the hot news: http://x-menfilms.com/2013/07/11/xfo...-in-the-works/

- Fox has just registered the domain: X-ForceMovie.com

X-Menfilms article that resumes the proyect history pretty well:

Quote:
It appears that X-FORCE will be coming to a theater near you! The “X-Men” film is being developed at 20th Century Fox, and just three months ago, the studio registered it’s future website address at X-ForceMovie.com. This is usually how future X-Men film titles end up getting leaked. Going off previous talks with “X-Force” creator Rob Liefeld and producer Lauren Shuler Donner, things may be looking good for Cable to be brought into the mix.

Last year, Marvel consultant Mark Millar hinted at “X-Force” happening, saying…

“You have to remember that Fox grabbed the X-Men back in the ’90s because it was the biggest franchise in the world. So X-Force or Cable or Deadpool — all these amazing characters are things we haven’t really gotten to yet. ‘X-Force’ #1 was the second biggest book of all time behind Jim Lee’s ‘X-Men’ #1, so there’s an immediate brand recognition to that stuff and a build in fanbase. You go to any convention in the world, and you’ll see 20 people dressed as Deadpool. In a lot of ways, these are Marvel’s coolest characters, so I want to remind people of that and build on what we already have. I think there’s a great foundation, and just from basic conversations, we’ve come up with ten movies we could do. These things cost $150 million each to make, so we have to pick and choose what we want to do.”
On other hand, recent LatinoReview article suggested that X-Force could be part of Days of Future past apocalyptic timeline:

http://latino-review.com/2013/06/26/...ampaign=lrnews

So.... the inclusion of Warpath, Sunspot and Bishop would feel pretty intentional, and make it seems like it was part of the plan since day one. Makes perfect sense, if you ask me.

With Comic Con next week.... Do you think Fox will finally announce the news?

And in any case, Which members would you like to see on this spin-off, if gets made next?

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:41 AM   #2
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: The X-FORCE Official Thread

I think the strongest material out there for characters and themes is definitely Remender's Uncanny X-Force, I'm a huge fan of the 90s Lifeld X-Force and the Yost/Kyle run as well but UXF is some of the best X stuff ever written. That said, I think they gotta have Cable here....and people are gonna wanna see Deadpool.....and Domino goes too well with both of them, so can't leave her out if they are both there.

But I'd be more then cool with a mix of any of these characters: Cable, Deadpool, Domino, Psylocke, Fantomex, Warpath, Boom Boom, X-23, Cannonball, Wolverine or Siryn.

Last edited by def28; 07-11-2013 at 06:52 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:51 AM   #3
Angamb
Banned User

Im surprised and glad with this early news.

So glad Fox is finally thinking bigger, thanks to the help of Millar.

And yeah, Id love to see Domino on the movie. Cable as the main lead, and Id include Bishop too, to give him more development. He wasnt a member or X-Force right?

In any case, a movie with these:

Cable
Domino
Deadpool
Warpath
Sunspop
and Bishop and/or Psylocke

would be pretty awesome!

Old 07-11-2013, 06:59 AM   #4
def28
Side-Kick

Yeah,I don't think Bishop was ever a member but he's been a villain a few times in X-Force books. Betsy just fought him in the current Uncanny X-Force. Shouldnt be an issue adding him though. It's not like they stick to completely 100% accurate rosters haha. He makes sense on that team.

I think we will definitely have Psylocke in there. High demand to see her.

Last edited by def28; 07-11-2013 at 07:05 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:06 AM   #5
Angamb
Banned User

I definetly see them using Bishop too, since he is a fan favourite, and this way they can develop him much more.

I see them using Blink too. For same reason.

I think Singer and Fox have included some of these new mutants like Sunspot and Warpath on DOFP for this right reason.

They both were X-Force members so.... this makes perfect sense. I love the idea of Fox introducing them to link movies.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:07 AM   #6
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
They both were X-Force members so.... this makes perfect sense. I love the idea of Fox introducing them to link movies.
They may be on separate timlines and decades though. It will be interesting how they handle this. Good news.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:22 AM   #7
Angamb
Banned User

They better use the same characters and actors already signed. It would be way to go, connecting movies and developing characters just introduced.

When we already have Warpath, Sunspot and Bishop signed... we dont need a whole different cast for X-Force, you know just adding Cable and Domino, they would have a seriously BAD-ASS team.

If they want another female, they can introduce Psylocke too, or use Blink again, and thats it.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:25 AM   #8
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

I think Deadpool will definitely be on the team. His movie's not gonna happen, so just like they've done with other movies before they'll meld his movie with X-Force.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:25 AM   #9
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
They better use the same characters and actors already signed. It would be way to go, connecting movies and developing characters just introduced.

When we already have Warpath, Sunspot and Bishop signed... we dont need a whole different cast for X-Force, you know just adding Cable and Domino, they would have a seriously BAD-ASS team.

If they want another female, they can introduce Psylocke too, or use Blink again, and thats it.
I hope we get ties as well. Personally I don't think they would need Sunspot. He may be a villain in DOFP. Depends where they go with him. I think the three they really need added are Cable, Deadpool and Domino. Those three really just go well together.

Old 07-11-2013, 07:44 AM   #10
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Just because Sunspot is a possible villain in DOFP doesn't mean he can't change his ways and work with the X-Force. But then again, they're a team of mercenaries and killers anyway so... yeah.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:49 AM   #11
Angamb
Banned User

Adan Canto hinted he will be a X-Man.

what made u think he was gonna be a villain, def?

Old 07-11-2013, 07:53 AM   #12
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Adan Canto hinted he will be a X-Man.

what made u think he was gonna be a villain, def?
Really? Thought I read that somewhere. Maybe I'm not up to speed on the DOFP news...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Just because Sunspot is a possible villain in DOFP doesn't mean he can't change his ways and work with the X-Force. But then again, they're a team of mercenaries and killers anyway so... yeah.
I don't think he will play that big of a role and will be out after DOFP. But I really don't know enough about what they are doing in DOFP. I'd rather see other member's added to X-Force personally. Always thought he was better on New Mutants. Nothing against Sunspot, he's a cool character. Just others I would rather see.

Last edited by def28; 07-11-2013 at 07:59 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:06 AM   #13
Angamb
Banned User

I get the New Mutants feeling too...... but Id love to see Adan as Sunspot again on the near future, and X-Force feels like a great opportunity, since he was in fact, a member.

And we would see both Sunspot and Warpath working together again, after DOFP. Seems like a nice arc, or evolution.

Cable leading them along with Domino and other members.

Im already hyped with this new possible proyect

Old 07-11-2013, 08:09 AM   #14
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Sunspot Is a part of future scenes of DOFP since Adan canto was working with OT cast members.

This film will probally be based In part on 1990's version of X-Force.Mark Miller
name dropped Cable so that Is possable clue.

They may save Bishop for post DOFP X-Men films.But,don't be surprised If warpath and Sunspot are In DOFP so they could be Introduced to GA and be used for X-Force.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:11 AM   #15
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Sunspot Is a part of future scenes of DOFP since Adan canto was working with OT cast members.
Gotcha, thanks. Thought I read he was in the past on Magnetos side for some reason.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:20 AM   #16
-JKR-
Side-Kick

I'm sorry, but I hope Deadpool won't make his first, real big-screen debut as one of many characters in a team-up movie. I want him to make his big debut in a solo film. It's not happening? No problem. I can wait. I'll wait for 2025 if that means they'll get a "Deapool" movie right by then!

-JKR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:22 AM   #17
Angamb
Banned User

Im with you on that, honestly

Old 07-11-2013, 08:26 AM   #18
def28
Side-Kick

Deadpool's been in pretty much every X-Force vol and Cable comic there is. Not to mention the Cable & Deadpool run.

Not adding him here would be a mistake.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:27 AM   #19
-JKR-
Side-Kick

Quote:
Im with you on that, honestly
Glad I'm not alone. There are so many characters they can do justice in an X-Force film, who are less independent, work better as part of a team, and have many more ties to the X-universe than him. I think he'd be wasted. And even if you spin him off, you'd be watching a movie about a character you've already seen.

This is also quite a coincidence, as I just said this (I'll quote myself) in the Deadpool movie topic, before the X-Force rumors hit:

Quote:
And we all know how Marvel has a penchant for using him mostly in team-ups, and as anarchic element in their bigger stories, bouncing off their other characters (thank God for Brian Posehn & Gerry Duggan giving him actual stories again!), and that's the last thing I want to see on the big screen. I want to see Deadpool as a full-fledged comic/tragic character, his own supporting characters, existing in his own "universe," facing his own freaking demons, and not just have him as comic relief in different stories.
That's my opinion, I hope they'll leave him out of this.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:31 AM   #20
def28
Side-Kick

The Cable Deadpool run was some of the best Deadpool stuff out there besides Kelly's run and it was all based on team work. Not to mention Deadpool started off fighting X-Force. I see nothing wrong with this. If anything it should help get that film.

Last edited by def28; 07-11-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #21
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Did any of y'all read Uncanny X-Force??
Cuz I don't care if he was part of a team, it's the best Deadpool has been written since Kelly's Deadpool run
If they could possibly adapt UXF as is, it would be amazing.
I'd rather see him in that context than, say, an adaption of Daniel Way's deadpool.

That said, this is Fox, so the only thought that springs to mind about this news is:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

BoredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:38 AM   #22
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
Did any of y'all read Uncanny X-Force??
Cuz I don't care if he was part of a team, it's the best Deadpool has been written since Kelly's Deadpool run
If they could possibly adapt UXF as is, it would be amazing.
No complaints there. Remender nailed every note with the character...and the series.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:38 AM   #23
-JKR-
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
The Cable Deadpool run was some of the best Deadpool stuff out there besides Kelly's run and it was all based on team work. Not to mention Deadpool started off fighting X-Force. I see nothing wrong with this. If anything it should help get that film.

Domino, Deadpool and Cable have always worked well together and against eachother in the books.
And I wouldn't be against Cable or Domino appearing in a Deadpool movie, if there's a good story to support their appearance (as there have been plenty in the comics) and we're not just talking about fanboy-service. But I'm not interested in seeing Deadpool as comic relief in a (bigger) team movie. I find him more interesting when he has his own space, and his own story, which explores every possible facet of him. And as I've said, I can wait for a Deadpool movie. I don't really need anything like this to make the process faster.

P.S.: I wouldn't want a movie based on Daniel Way's Deadpool, either. They should go back to basics. Look at several elements from the first two mini-series (from 1993 & 1994) and Joe Kelly's run. They can also take a note or two from Brian Posehn & Gerry Duggan's Deadpool. They seem to building up to quite a story (with the
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
organ trade
).

Last edited by -JKR-; 07-11-2013 at 08:42 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:43 AM   #24
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JKR- View Post
And I wouldn't be against Cable or Domino appearing in a Deadpool movie, if there's a good story to support their appearance (as there have been plenty in the comics) and we're not just talking about fanboy-service. But I'm not interested in seeing Deadpool as comic relief in a team movie. I find him more interesting when he has his own space, and his own story, in order to explore his character on many, different levels. And as I've said, I can wait for a Deadpool movie. I don't really need anything like this to make the process faster.
Well can't change your opinon, but like BoredGuy said Uncanny X-Force really gave Deadpool alot of dpeth and was pretty friggen solid. I think it would be a huge mistake to leave him out of this. It's pretty much the only team he belongs on. Plus he interacts with Cable and Domino pretty well and has a large amount of history there. Would seem like a piece is missing.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #25
Angamb
Banned User

I understand all point of views, but I totally agree with JKR, Deadpool deserves his own movie, it would be totally different from all previous x-men movies and he would shine much more.

Maybe Deadpool movie first, and X-Force next, with Deadpool joining them. Id preffer this order