The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Old 07-11-2013, 08:47 AM   #26
-JKR-
Side-Kick

Default Re: The X-FORCE Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I understand all point of views, but I totally agree with JKR, Deadpool deserves his own movie, it would be totally different from all previous x-men movies and he would shine much more.

Maybe Deadpool movie first, and X-Force next, with Deadpool joining them. Id preffer this order
^ This

-JKR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:55 AM   #27
def28
Side-Kick

Don't think anyones gonna argue against Deadpool being able to let loose in his own film and have more focus. But Fox has obviously been struggling with the idea due to the rating, so this may be the best way to make that Solo film happen.

In a perfect world that film would have already been released.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:58 AM   #28
-JKR-
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Don't think anyones gonna argue against Deadpool being able to let loose in his own film and have more focus. But Fox has obviously been struggling with the idea due to the rating, so this may be the best way to make that Solo film happen.
I don't think so. On the contrary, if Deadpool happens to become immensely popular in cinema after a stint in the PG-13 X-Force, the chances of seeing him in his own, R-rated action movie would basically disappear.
A very popular character from a PG-13 movie getting his own, R-rated movie (after the studio execs see how popular he is with younger viewers in an X-Force flick)? Not happening! They would cater the spin-off movie to the audience of X-Force, and market it as such!

So, leave Deadpool out of this!

Last edited by -JKR-; 07-11-2013 at 09:09 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #29
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JKR- View Post
I don't think so. On the contrary, if Deadpool happens to become immensely popular in cinema after a stint in the PG-13 X-Force, the chances of seeing him in his own, R-rated action movie would basically disappear.
A very popular character from a PG-13 movie getting his own, R-rated movie? Not happening!
What makes you think they will green light it if he's not in X-Force? How will that change the films development? They are not budging cause they are worried about making money on an R Rating. If he has a large role in X-force that seems more likely to help then not.

Reynolds is never gonna let the rating go, so it may be the best option. Who knows.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #30
-JKR-
Side-Kick

Quote:
What makes you think they will green light it if he's not in X-Force? How will that change the films development? They are not budging cause they are worried about making money on an R Rating. If he has a large role in X-force that seems more likely to help then not.

If Reynolds is never gonna let the rating go, so it may be the best option. Who knows.
As I've said, I don't care wether they'll green light a Deadpool movie anytime soon. I've got time. I can wait. But WHEN I finally see the character on the big screen (in 2035, in Real-5D-Super-IMAX, whatever), I want them to really juice out the potential of his story. I want a character like this - a movie like this - come outta nowhere, basically. A Deadpool movie, as different as it may be, wouldn't have the same kind of OOMPH! if it's "Oh, the guy from the X-Force movie, in his own flick."

It took Spider-Man 40 years to hit the big screen. Deadpool's a much "younger" character. I'm a huge fan of comics, but I've never understood the crave to see these characters on film. NOW! AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, with geeks crying foul after every studio because they DEMAND (?!?!) and don't get a release line-up for the next fifty years like the Marvel Studios have got. Movies happen when the right elements (producers, writers, director, cast) fall into place.

AAAND - no, a big role of him in The X-Force won't lead to an R-rated Deadpool movie. These are business-men. They wouldn't let go of the kids who get to know and love the character in the X-movie!

Last edited by -JKR-; 07-11-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #31
Angamb
Banned User

thats a good point, def, definelty.

But fans just want him alone first. not a big deal, def

on other hand, 2 pages already, wow, you guys were hungry about a X-Force topic, right?

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #32
def28
Side-Kick

I just want the damn Deadpool movie greenlit haha. Been waiting way too long. And I think this will help.

But yeah, X-Force

Old 07-11-2013, 09:22 AM   #33
-JKR-
Side-Kick

Quote:
I just want the damn Deadpool movie greenlit haha. Been waiting way too long. And I think this will help.
It's about priorities, I guess. I'd rather wait for the best possibile, rather than get anything less soon.
For example, the Rhett Reese & Paul Wernick script is actually quite good, but I wouldn't go straight into production with it. Pretty good start, not the best possible end result. For my tastes, it'd need more work - especially the characters. It's a good read, has many good ideas, but it's mostly "nice." You can get much more, and deeper, out of Deadpool.

Last edited by -JKR-; 07-11-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #34
Angamb
Banned User

some sites are already posting the article.

wonder if Fox will announce it at Comic Con. It would be the perfect moment, and it would create a fine hype.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:44 AM   #35
JP
Smelly

Cable
Deadpool
Domino
Maybe Psylocke
Maybe Colossus
Maybe ArchAngel

Honestly this is the perfect X-movie, and I've been saying that ever since Singer and Millar started talking about expanding the universe. A Deadpool movie is risky, but having him on a team with other beloved characters played by great/popular actors is perfect.

JP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #36
Angamb
Banned User

Archangel would be awesome, but that should be developed on a main team movie, I think.

they could start the X-Force movie with Warren being already Archangel, but that would be such a wasted plot.

Id keep Archangel out, until second movie, in case X-Force is a decent hit. This way, they could use Angel one more time and make him become Archangel thanks to Apocalypse on a main team sequel.

Will Fox make Age of Apocalypse, tho? We'll have to wait and see, as always

Old 07-11-2013, 12:15 PM   #37
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Cable
Deadpool
Domino
Maybe Psylocke
Maybe Colossus
Maybe ArchAngel

Honestly this is the perfect X-movie, and I've been saying that ever since Singer and Millar started talking about expanding the universe. A Deadpool movie is risky, but having him on a team with other beloved characters played by great/popular actors is perfect.
I would prefer they get some of X-Force team under cable like Cannonball,Sunspot,and Warpath maybe even Siryn.2 of which are In DOFP.
Domino Is one i agree with.

Psylocke,Colossus,and archangel would depend on what Is being branded about for the next full X-Men film after DOFP.

Maybe X-Force Is way to reintroduce Deadpool Into series but deadpool seems to work better solo.Although It should be noted deadpool was oriignally Introduced In X-Force.Maybe the road Is to make him supporting character.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:33 PM   #38
-JKR-
Side-Kick

Quote:
A Deadpool movie is risky, but having him on a team with other beloved characters played by great/popular actors is perfect.
Well, yeah, that's exactly why people like me want to see it. The market's overstuffed with comic book pics, it's about time to break the mold, and do something unusual and new with these adaptations.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:29 PM   #39
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Cable
Deadpool
Domino
Maybe Psylocke
Maybe Colossus
Maybe ArchAngel
That's a pretty solid (and marketable) mix of characters through out the different Volumes of X-Force. If they found a way to incorporate elements of The Dark Angel Saga with Psylocke and Angel that would be prettty friggen sick.

Last edited by def28; 07-11-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #40
BoredGuy
Killing Time

There would need to be so much more world-building before a Dark Angel Saga movie could happen, though

Apocalypse's origin, Age of Apocalypse, Archangel, Fantomex(with explanation of Weapons Plus), Deathlok, Otherworld, various time-travel plots...these are all important elements to that story

Remender's story was so amazing because it built upon and consolidated continuity soo well.

Last edited by BoredGuy; 07-11-2013 at 03:01 PM.
BoredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #41
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
There would need to be so much more world-building before a Dark Angel Saga movie could happen, though

Apocalypse's origin, Age of Apocalypse, Archangel, Fantomex(with explanation of Weapons Plus), Deathlok, Otherworld, various time-travel plots...these are all important elements to that story

Remender's story was so amazing because it built upon and consolidated continuity soo well.
Honestly, I doubt they would ever be able to focus even a quarter of that storyline. But I think they can start setting some of it up plus add some of themes. Specifically the Betsy and Warren stuff if they were here as well as some Apocalypse mytho's.

Some of the better character stuff is in that book as well, so theres lot to take from there imo. But yeah, a full on legit Dark Angel adaptation is definitely a post AOA storyline.

Last edited by def28; 07-11-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:17 PM   #42
-JKR-
Side-Kick

There's a huge GAP none of you have considered yet (shame on you): who's gonna write/direct this baby? Who'd you like to see directing? Personally, I can't get excited about a project if I don't know who's doing it.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:20 PM   #43
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Stallone.
To Write, Direct, and Star as Cable

BoredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #44
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JKR- View Post
There's a huge GAP none of you have considered yet (shame on you): who's gonna write/direct this baby? Who'd you like to see directing? Personally, I can't get excited about a project if I don't know who's doing it.
Off the top of my head for Directors: Rian Johnson, Duncan Jones, Neil Blomkamp or Joe Carnahan.

It will probably be someone more low pro. But I'd have to give it more thought...

Last edited by def28; 07-11-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:38 PM   #45
-JKR-
Side-Kick

Quote:
Off the top of my head for Directors: Rian Johnson, Duncan Jones, Neil Blomkamp or Joe Carnahan.

It will probably be someone more low pro. But I'd have to give it more thought...
Like your first three ideas, don't know about Carnahan. I've really enjoyed his earlier work, but his first foray into blockbuster cinema ("A-Team") didnt' really work as I imagined.

I've always been interested in what Vincenzo Natali ("Cube", "Cypher", "Splice") could do with more commercial fare / comic book movies.

Last edited by -JKR-; 07-11-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:47 PM   #46
def28
Side-Kick

Havn't seen Cypher but Spllce and Cube were cool. Probably not a popular choice but I always thought Kurt Wimmer could do alot of cool stuff in a big budget Sci Fi flick.

Think Rian Johnson is probably my favorite pick though, he dealt with powers pretty well and intense in Looper. He also focused on some themes in that film that were pretty similar in X-force books.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #47
JP
Smelly

Honestly, I'd hope Vaughn could direct.

JP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #48
-JKR-
Side-Kick

Quote:
Honestly, I'd hope Vaughn could direct.
I really liked Vaughn's work on First Class: I must confess, even with Bryan Singer returning, I was a bit upset when I found out he wouldn't direct Days of Future Past. But I'd also like to see some diversity and freshness, and have new "voices" on these movies.

Last edited by -JKR-; 07-11-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:48 PM   #49
Scarlet Spider
Side-Kick

If and when they cast Cable, Stephen Lang would be perfect.

Not only does he look exactly like the character and is a fantastic charismatic actor with a great presence but he's even mentioned before that he would actually love to play him. He was also the main villain in Avatar, so he already has a working relationship with Fox.

Lang for Cable!

Scarlet Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:51 PM   #50
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Not another spin-off again!

I hope this doesn't work out.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote