The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

View Poll Results: How much will The Wolverine make world wide?
$100M 3 3.66%
$200M 5 6.10%
$300M 13 15.85%
$400M 38 46.34%
$500M 14 17.07%
$600M 6 7.32%
$700M 2 2.44%
$800M 0 0%
$900M 0 0%
$1 Billion 1 1.22%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 12:09 PM   #101
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: The 'The Wolverine' Box Office Prediction Thread

Well It seems like not liking Iron Man 3 Is a minority view.And I gurante Iron Man 3 doesn't get the flak some are giving X-Men.And I am not talking about Origins or last Stand.I
doudt anyone says Shane Black ruined Iron man like they say Bryan Singer ruined X-Men.

I don't love the rami Spider-man trilogy like others do.Amazing Spider-man was closer to my view on spider-man despite the ultimate influences.But i respect those who do and understand those who love first 2 films.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #102
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I am talking about those who post on front page and oother boards.I hear all the time all X-Men are crap,and Bryan Singer ruined X-Men.

Next people will start bashing X-Men,X2,and first Class because they got better reviews than Man of steel.According to some man of steel was brillent and any who disagrees Is crap

Other films not X-Men make plenty of changes or reimagens them but they get no flak and others go around on here and other places prasing them

If your going to go around bashing X-Men films you have to start going same treatment to other films which few are doing
No one's bringing any of that up in here but you.

It seems to me that just about everyone who's posted in this thread is interested in seeing this movie, hopes it's good, and that it does well if it is.

They're allowed to like or dislike whatever they want, for whatever reason they want, without be labelled into any group.

Old 07-04-2013, 06:02 AM   #103
Knightstalker
Boy Wonder

I'm predicting about 450 million WW.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:06 AM   #104
narrows101
Side-Kick

Boxoffice.com had predicted $65M so I guess somewhere in this range. Interesting article.

Quote:
Bombs away: Hollywood braces for historic four straight weeks of megaflopsBy Todd Cunningham | Reuters

By Todd Cunningham
LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) - The summer box office has entered the Dud Zone.

Unless either "R.I.P.D." or "Turbo" pulls off a major tracking turnaround by July 19, the frame will likely mark the fourth straight week that a $100 million-plus film flops - an unprecedented skid in the Tentpole Age.

This summer will see at least 20 films with budgets over $100 million - six more than last year. With so much popcorn competition, major casualties were a given.

But this run of high-megaton bombs comes at an odd time: Right after record-breaking grosses in May and June that put summer 2013 on pace to be the biggest ever. Since then, it's been an ugly run for would-be blockbusters.

Sony's $150 million "White House Down" started the slide with less than $25 million the weekend of June 28. Disney's $225 million "The Lone Ranger" followed with $29 million over the July 4 weekend. Now, Guillermo del Toro's $180 million giant robot extravaganza "Pacific Rim" is tracking to open at around $30 million this weekend.

Early projections have the Jeff Bridges-Ryan Reynolds tale "R.I.P.D." opening below $15 million, a dismal return on a $130 million production budget.

And the outlook isn't much brighter for "Turbo," the $135 million DreamWorks Animation family film about a snail with dreams of speed, which opens that same weekend.

The summer's surfeit of tentpole movies drove the box office to record levels in the season's first two months, but the competition is clearly starting to take a toll. "Pacific Rim" will be trying to lure action fans this weekend, but will compete with four big-budget movies of the same genre: "The Lone Ranger," "White House Down," "Man of Steel" and "World War Z" - all of which are still in more than 2,000 theaters.

There are a few bright spots ahead this month.

Sony's $80 million Adam Sandler comedy "Grown Ups 2" is expected to open Friday at between $40 million and $45 million, roughly the number the original managed. And Fox's Hugh Jackman action film "Wolverine" is projected to debut with around $70 million on July 26.

Despite the bombs of the past two weeks, the box office remains nearly 13 percent of ahead of last summer. We'll see where that number is at later this month, but a summer record remains a possibility at this point.

With July sure to come up short of 2012, especially since "Dark Knight Rises" opened to $168 million in that month last year, the key will be August. It looks potentially strong, due more to the number of wide releases rather than a single likely blockbuster.

Here's what's on tap:

August 2: Universal's Denzel Washington-Mark Wahlberg action film "Two Guns" is tracking at $45 million and gaining momentum. Sony has "The Smurfs 2" on that same weekend.

August 9: Sony TriStar rolls out the Matt Damon-Jodie Foster sci-fi movie "Elysium," which is tracking at $30 million and building buzz. The Warner Bros. comedy "We're the Millers," Fox's "Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters" and "Planes" from Disney Animation also open.

August 16: The following week has four wide openers as well. Universal's action comedy "Kick-Ass 2" is looking at a $25 million opening, according to early tracking. Also debuting that week are Open Road's Steve Jobs biopic "Jobs," Relativity's thriller "Paranoia" and the Weinstein Company drama that may or may not be called "The Butler."

August 23: Sony's fantasy drama "Mortal Instrument: City of Bones," along with the Lionsgate horror movie "You're Next" and Focus Features' Edgar Wright-Simon Pegg comedy "The World's End."

August 30: The last week of summer will also feature four wide releases: Sony TriStar's concert film "One Direction: This is Us," the Weinstein Company's horror film "Satanic" and two thrillers, "Getaway" from Warner Bros. and Focus Features' "Closed Circuit."
http://movies.yahoo.com/news/bombs-a...005423431.html

"It's not just that they don't make 'em like Hugh Jackman anymore - they never did."

"Hugh Jackman cruised in to a roaring crowd oozing more sex appeal then Prince Charming riding a horse called Charisma into the land of Suave."

"Hugh is not supposed to exist. You’re not supposed to be that macho, that tender and that athletic, and be able to sing." - Anne Hathaway
Old 07-11-2013, 11:35 AM   #105
JP
Flame On

Hoping it can do even better, if reviews are great. While not as big an opening as Origins, it's much better than First Class. Hopefully word of mouth prevents it from having the usual X-Men multipliers.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #106
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

a 70 Million dollor tracking means Intrest has gone up for film.Also remember It has 3-d to help It which Origins didn't have.

Wouldn't It be something If this Is this year's Rise of the planet of the apes?

Old 07-11-2013, 11:12 PM   #107
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

I hope this movie outgrosses First Class (domestic/worldwide) but I seriously don't think this movie is gonna set records w/c is kinda disappointing to me since the last two superhero movies that were released this year had a couple of records. And they weren't even that great as a movie.

I just wish Fox realizes that they are not making more money and setting records (like they did with the first three X-Men movies) with releasing more X-Men spin-offs.

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
Old 07-11-2013, 11:25 PM   #108
Marvel
Side-Kick

Fox usually does a great job marketing but I think they absolutely phoned in First Class. All I remember about the marketing of that film was everyone mocking the awful posters they kept churning out.

The Wolverine is already being marketed better. MUCH better.

I have my Red Robin Wolverine gift card and can't wait to eat my beserker burger after I see the film on the 26th!

Old 07-11-2013, 11:56 PM   #109
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
Fox usually does a great job marketing but I think they absolutely phoned in First Class. All I remember about the marketing of that film was everyone mocking the awful posters they kept churning out.

I have my Red Robin Wolverine gift card and can't wait to eat my beserker burger after I see the film on the 26th!
I don't know about their usual work, but yes, the FC promotion was awful. I remember terrible posters and a bunch of commercials that were very similar to each other with most of them using the same music from the teaser until it was so boring.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:02 AM   #110
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post

I didn't really follow First Class' marketing but with all these posters and videos and interviews, I think you might be right that The Wolverine is being marketed better.

Old 07-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #111
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Opening: $67M

Domestic: $165M
Overseas: $238M
-----------------------------
W/W Total: $403M

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 07-14-2013, 07:00 PM   #112
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

^^ Are those the same numbers from boxoffice.com ?

Old 07-15-2013, 12:30 AM   #113
Superhero 101
DESI

I'd be happy if it can get World War Z Numbers i am surprised it has made so much

Old 07-15-2013, 01:38 AM   #114
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Opening: $67M

Domestic: $165M
Overseas: $238M
-----------------------------
W/W Total: $403M
Box-office results like that would be great!

Old 07-15-2013, 07:48 AM   #115
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
^^ Are those the same numbers from boxoffice.com ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Box-office results like that would be great!
Na, they're my predictions.

EDIT: Just noticed that my opening + domestic are the same as boxoffice.com's. That was not intentional

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 07-15-2013, 08:18 AM   #116
narrows101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Na, they're my predictions.

EDIT: Just noticed that my opening + domestic are the same as boxoffice.com's. That was not intentional
Boxoffice.com originally said $63M so it's gone up. The Wrap has it at $70M opening.

"It's not just that they don't make 'em like Hugh Jackman anymore - they never did."

"Hugh Jackman cruised in to a roaring crowd oozing more sex appeal then Prince Charming riding a horse called Charisma into the land of Suave."

"Hugh is not supposed to exist. You’re not supposed to be that macho, that tender and that athletic, and be able to sing." - Anne Hathaway
Old 07-15-2013, 08:58 AM   #117
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

It was at $67M and $165M over at boxoffice.com when IrishAvenger posted his numbers. But I'll believe him...for now.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:15 AM   #118
Notrip
SuperDaD

OW - 64m
Domestic - 158m
International - 301m
WW - 459m

Amy Adams - Lois Lane
? - Jim Gordon
Hugh Laurie - Alfred

Old 07-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #119
Superhero 101
DESI

MY Prediction
OW 62
Domestic 170
International 230
WW 400 million

Old 07-15-2013, 10:26 PM   #120
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

If The Wolverine gets more than 60 million at the opening weekend. It would be the 9th film with the highest opening weekend earnings this year. 8th if gets more than 66.41 million.

Old 07-19-2013, 05:26 PM   #121
JP
Flame On

Moved up to $70m on BO.com.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:07 PM   #122
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

My prediction

Opening weekend 70 Million
Domestic-170 Million
Foreign-250 Million
worldwide-420 Million

Old 07-20-2013, 08:05 AM   #123
ironman_rick
Side-Kick

$200M Domestic
$400M OS
$600M Total

Old 07-22-2013, 11:17 AM   #124
redp
Side-Kick

I have yet to give a more precise forecast but my analysis and approximate projections for The Wolverine are found here: http://box-office-film-news.blogspot...ecast-and.html

I am looking at an opening between $50M and $65 million. And I don't see it making more than its predecessor(the origins film) domestically. Except if it is a really good film.

Last edited by redp; 07-22-2013 at 11:21 AM.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:29 PM   #125
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

My Prediction:

65/145-150mil

Closed Thread