The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2013, 05:21 PM   #26
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger
 
The Caped Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 28,290
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post





I want that poster in High-Res

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:25 PM   #27
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 70,894
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

I love reading that Howard Stark is going to be in this as well.

__________________
Dear Everyone Experiencing The So-Called "Batman Fatigue",

By 2016, Batman will have appeared in three big-screen films since 2008. By 2016, Iron Man will have appeared in six films in the same amount of time. Find new s*** to diagnose the current state of cinema with.

Sincerely,
Sawyer

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:32 PM   #28
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,768
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Would it be too much to ask for more Peggy Carter Cold War flashbacks in the Agents of SHIELD series? Bradley Whitford and Dom Cooper, too.....love to see more about Howard (and maybe Maria), and find out who Whitford is playing in that pic. Wonder if it's a Marvel Comics cameo, or even an actual historical figure.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #29
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend
 
Raiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 25,304
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Am I unreasonable to wish that they would make Peggy young in the future?

__________________
"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:40 PM   #30
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 35,786
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Yes you are.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:45 PM   #31
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,682
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Am I unreasonable to wish that they would make Peggy young in the future?
If Black Widow does become an romance partner for Steve and if Peggy were still young in the present and that they were caught in a love triangle, that would make Rogers the luckiest man in the entire MCU.lol

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:23 PM   #32
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!
 
Suzanne78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,463
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Am I unreasonable to wish that they would make Peggy young in the future?
This is *never* an unreasonable wish. I don't care how contrived it would be; Haley Atwell is a gem and she had the best chemistry with Chris Evans ever. So yes, I too wish Peggy would be brought back to the future young.

__________________
"Joss Whedon, Shane Black, Edgar Wright, James Gunn… For as much flack as people give Marvel that's a pretty freaking great group of filmmakers. Kind of feel spoiled."
--Chewy

Avatar by Kane52630
Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:17 AM   #33
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick
 
BullMcGiveny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,364
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Would it be too much to ask for more Peggy Carter Cold War flashbacks in the Agents of SHIELD series? Bradley Whitford and Dom Cooper, too.....love to see more about Howard (and maybe Maria), and find out who Whitford is playing in that pic. Wonder if it's a Marvel Comics cameo, or even an actual historical figure.
His name is Agent Flynn, so not a marvel character that I know of. He's Tommy Lee Jones replacement, but doesn't value Peggy and thinks she got where she did because she was Cap's girlfriend.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:19 AM   #34
xeno000
Raining hell from above
 
xeno000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 7,232
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
This is *never* an unreasonable wish. I don't care how contrived it would be; Haley Atwell is a gem and she had the best chemistry with Chris Evans ever. So yes, I too wish Peggy would be brought back to the future young.

Peggy was perfect! When I think of the lost opportunities with her I could just . Any way they could bring Peggy back, young and beautiful and badass, would be fine by me.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:15 AM   #35
Marvel_SKE
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Posts: 122
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post






with Thor: The Dark World first look and now this... the more reason I'll anticipate Iron Man 3 BD..

Marvel_SKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:31 AM   #36
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 26,918
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Possibly my favorite Marvel film project yet. This is all so awesome.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:24 AM   #37
TheLastAvenger
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 78
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

I love the poster for that one-shot. It really makes me happy to see Marvel acknowledge what a great job Hayley Atwell did in that role. She managed to be assertive without coming off as b%*chy. She managed to be hot without overselling her sexuality. She even managed to be vulnerable without appearing weak. She was the perfect female protagonist, and I hope future CBM leading ladies follow in her footsteps.

It's so unfortunate that her character has to be relegated to the past, however. I was probably among the few who wished they would just go the cheesy route and have her play Sharon Carter as well. In the end though, it's probably for the best they just give her character more focus in a spinoff rather than inventing a cheap workaround.

TheLastAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:05 AM   #38
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 26,918
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Love that it is coming with IM3. Gives me hope there will be some lengthy flashbacks in TWS involving Peggy as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastAvenger View Post
I love the poster for that one-shot. It really makes me happy to see Marvel acknowledge what a great job Hayley Atwell did in that role. She managed to be assertive without coming off as b%*chy. She managed to be hot without overselling her sexuality. She even managed to be vulnerable without appearing weak. She was the perfect female protagonist, and I hope future CBM leading ladies follow in her footsteps.

It's so unfortunate that her character has to be relegated to the past, however. I was probably among the few who wished they would just go the cheesy route and have her play Sharon Carter as well. In the end though, it's probably for the best they just give her character more focus in a spinoff rather than inventing a cheap workaround.
She is by far one of the things that has happen to the MCU. Hayley's performance as Peggy Carter was incredible, and you are so right. It is fantastic to see them acknowledge it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post






How very Indy of you.

Just love how Peggy's story is seemingly keeping the Indy vibe from the first film. Fits with the time period very well imo.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:12 AM   #39
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,768
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
His name is Agent Flynn, so not a marvel character that I know of. He's Tommy Lee Jones replacement, but doesn't value Peggy and thinks she got where she did because she was Cap's girlfriend.
Cool. Where'd you find the info?

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:28 AM   #40
VulcanVader
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Overseas
Posts: 303
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

It is from the EW report.... he plays the new boss.

VulcanVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:32 AM   #41
Ksb36
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 94
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastAvenger View Post
I love the poster for that one-shot. It really makes me happy to see Marvel acknowledge what a great job Hayley Atwell did in that role. She managed to be assertive without coming off as b%*chy. She managed to be hot without overselling her sexuality. She even managed to be vulnerable without appearing weak. She was the perfect female protagonist, and I hope future CBM leading ladies follow in her footsteps.

It's so unfortunate that her character has to be relegated to the past, however. I was probably among the few who wished they would just go the cheesy route and have her play Sharon Carter as well.
Yes, yes. It's so difficult to play a woman--and Peggy Carter was a WOMAN, not a girl--in these films without coming across as either b****y or b**l busting or just ridiculous, and Hayley nailed it. I also give a lot of credit to Joe Johnston, because he has an eye for beautiful women, who can actually ACT (Jennifer Connelly?). It's so RARE for a comic book movie to have a female character that BOTH men and women LIKE, and want to see more of.

Finally, just becasue I like beating dead horses, it states very clearly in that EW article that they filmed this short over five days. FIVE DAYS. Which is great--I can't wait to see it. But Hayley was in LA for more than 6 weeks, maybe as long as two months. Right there on her Twitter--got there in mid March, left in the days after the IRON MAN 3 premiere. Then was BACK in Cleveland in June to shoot the old Peggy stuff.

I DO think she's Sharon Carter, that they are mixing up the characters traditional roles, and that we are going to see a young Hayley in this film. Marvel would be nuts not to have her back as Sharon Carter. Just IMHO.

Ksb36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #42
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick
 
BullMcGiveny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,364
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksb36 View Post
Yes, yes. It's so difficult to play a woman--and Peggy Carter was a WOMAN, not a girl--in these films without coming across as either b****y or b**l busting or just ridiculous, and Hayley nailed it. I also give a lot of credit to Joe Johnston, because he has an eye for beautiful women, who can actually ACT (Jennifer Connelly?). It's so RARE for a comic book movie to have a female character that BOTH men and women LIKE, and want to see more of.

Finally, just becasue I like beating dead horses, it states very clearly in that EW article that they filmed this short over five days. FIVE DAYS. Which is great--I can't wait to see it. But Hayley was in LA for more than 6 weeks, maybe as long as two months. Right there on her Twitter--got there in mid March, left in the days after the IRON MAN 3 premiere. Then was BACK in Cleveland in June to shoot the old Peggy stuff.

I DO think she's Sharon Carter, that they are mixing up the characters traditional roles, and that we are going to see a young Hayley in this film. Marvel would be nuts not to have her back as Sharon Carter. Just IMHO.
LA is the hub of the entertainment industry worldwide. There are no end to things a young talented actress could have been doing in LA.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:33 AM   #43
SpocksBrain
Internet Geek
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 99
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

I'd imagine that the cost of making a 20 minute or so short film that is a period piece with some fighting scenes isn't cheap.

I wonder if maybe they decided to do this short because they already had sets and wardrobe made for flashback sequences in Winter Soldier?

SpocksBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:44 AM   #44
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick
 
Whiskey Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The South
Posts: 19,434
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
This is *never* an unreasonable wish. I don't care how contrived it would be; Haley Atwell is a gem and she had the best chemistry with Chris Evans ever. So yes, I too wish Peggy would be brought back to the future young.


Quote:
Tequila is my lady! My lady!

__________________
Our life in this world...
to what shall I compare it?
It is like an echo
resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:53 AM   #45
Ksb36
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 94
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
LA is the hub of the entertainment industry worldwide. There are no end to things a young talented actress could have been doing in LA.
Or London. Which is her home base, where friends and family reside. Although to be fair, her father does live in the LA area. Just theorizing.

Ksb36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:32 PM   #46
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 35,786
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

You guys need to get over the Hayley Atwell obsession. She's not playing Sharon Carter.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:50 PM   #47
Ksb36
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 94
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
You guys need to get over the Hayley Atwell obsession. She's not playing Sharon Carter.
Dude, you're on the thread dedicated to Hayley Atwell in this film!

I suggest you sequester your all-knowing, all-seeing self to any of the other interesting threads on this message board.

And leave the rest of us to our mental wallowing in WHAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN.

Ksb36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:05 PM   #48
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 35,786
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

What might have been is irrelevant.

I like Atwell a lot, and I'm glad she's coming back for the sequel and getting her own short. But now people are simply convincing themselves that she's Sharon Carter now.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #49
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!
 
Suzanne78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,463
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

So?

We're also doing it in context of appreciating Haley Atwell's talents in a talent thread.

I don't see why we can't discuss/speculate just how big Atwell's role will be in the MCU.

Party pooper.

__________________
"Joss Whedon, Shane Black, Edgar Wright, James Gunn… For as much flack as people give Marvel that's a pretty freaking great group of filmmakers. Kind of feel spoiled."
--Chewy

Avatar by Kane52630
Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:43 PM   #50
Wontkins
Banned User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 161
Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

I actually think its creepy that you guys want Hayley Atwell to play Sharon Carter... yeah she did a great job as Peggy but come on...

Wontkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.