The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Old 07-12-2013, 01:31 AM   #51
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Default Re: The X-FORCE Official Thread

Sounds good, with a line-up of cable, deadpool, stryfe, domino, cannonball or sunspot, warpath, and boom-boom or feral to start off. Then depending on how it goes they could introduce Psylocke, archangel, fantomex, and others. IMO it's better to introduce deadpool this way (Wolverine Origins doesn't count for me), and if the movies become a hit then they could do a solo dead pool movie later.

MarvelU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:05 AM   #52
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I think this is just another Wolverine movie BUT with his team of mutants. My ideal roster would be Wolverine, Psylocke (if they won't use her for a X-Men 5/6 movie), Angel (before turning to Archangel), Domino, Wolfsbane and Forge (as the tech guy).

I also can see X-23 being in the movie but I hope she doesn't appear in any of the X-Men movies!

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:35 AM   #53
Angamb
Banned User

I really doubt Hugh is the lead character in this spinoff, not that he would be interested either, spe ially if Fox plans to do another movie with original cast.

Hugh wouldnt mind to have a cameo or a few scenes (for marketing purpose mainly) but if Singer plans another team sequel, I highly doubt Hugh wants to spend most years getting in shape and playing Wolverine in all the future movies. that would be too much for himself

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:43 AM   #54
-JKR-
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelU View Post
Sounds good, with a line-up of cable, deadpool, stryfe, domino, cannonball or sunspot, warpath, and boom-boom or feral to start off. Then depending on how it goes they could introduce Psylocke, archangel, fantomex, and others. IMO it's better to introduce deadpool this way (Wolverine Origins doesn't count for me), and if the movies become a hit then they could do a solo dead pool movie later.
See, that's kind of a point of view I can't get behind. A Deadpool movie would be far different from this, so how can a possible success of this determine how a solo movie of that character would work? Not. At. All.

Every movie is a baby on its own, and there's no testing the waters for characters, or introduce him to the audience in a supporting role, in order to make a movie based on him work. That's not how it works; and that's not how the general audience thinks. People will flock into theaters if they like what they see in previews & trailers. That's about it!

Last edited by -JKR-; 07-12-2013 at 05:58 AM.
-JKR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:06 AM   #55
Angamb
Banned User

I think you have a point.

both Deadpool and Gambit were introduced on Origins Wolverine to "taste the water" and look what happened. both had a not so great treatment, specially Deadpool, and none got a solo movie.

There is a risk on each option, Id say.

Last edited by Angamb; 07-12-2013 at 07:11 AM.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:45 AM   #56
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I haven't read any X-Force but I love the idea of branching the series out more. So we will have possibly "X4", another FC era movie, X-Force, FF reboot, maybe another solo film. Those are all the possible franchises thus far that can continue from DOFP.

I like the idea that the changed future will alter future characters into already being on a team. Like altered future: the return of Cyclops as leader of X-Men and all of a sudden another X-team is also around. Or its possible surviving characters wish to go and form their own team. I dunno, how did X-Force start in the comics??

Great Mind(s) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #57
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I think you have a point.

both Deadpool and Gambit were introduced on Origins Wolverine to "taste the water" and look what happened. both had a not so great treatment, specially Deadpool, and none got a solo movie.
Not exactly true.

Deadpool got assigned screenwriters, a Director and Star right after XMOW. Problems were always the R Rating and will always be that. Nothing for Gambit.

Despite how mistreated Deadpool was, the popularity of the character caught Fox's attention when the film was released, more so then Gambit. Which is not what they expected to happen pre XMOW.

Back to X-Froce...
Seems it may get official announcement at Comic con.

Quote:
This past week or so, we’ve been “off camera,” chasing rumours that Fox are on the verge of announcing plans for their extended X-Men movie universe. We were tipped off that they will – unsurprisingly – be using their panel at Comic-Con as the launch pad.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/07/...medium=twitter

Last edited by def28; 07-12-2013 at 10:12 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:00 AM   #58
Angamb
Banned User

we know there is a Deadpool proyect, but I was meaning in the sense that sometimes, introducing a very popular character that have a big potential, on a spin-off and in a secondary role, done by a director or team that doesnt care too much for that character, uses to lead to a poor movie version, that wont have a big impact on the audience, so it ends as a wasted opportunity.

If Deadpool and Gambit would have had a solo movie first, done with a good director who loved the characters, they would have shined much much more and even if the boxoffice numbers werent big, the potential of the sequels would be stronger.

But the poor or not great treatment of both characters on Origins, that wasnt a praised movie either, hurt all the characters.

Thats what I wanted to mean with both options being a risk.

Old 07-12-2013, 10:04 AM   #59
def28
Side-Kick

Deadpool and Gambit were shoved in a ****** movie, were they originally were not supposed to be in. Bad writing is bad writing.

Difference is Deadpool belongs on X-Froce, just like Gambit belongs on X-Men. He has been in every volume of the book and has definitely earned his spot there. Not to mention how popular he is now. You think Fox is gonna miss a chance to do him right now that they know his popularity? They are gonna set him up to make the most money they can out of him. Just like they do with another Weapon X character.

This all depends on one thing. Does Fox want Deadpool interacting with their X-Men Universe? I am 90% sure the answer is yes. X-Force is actually the right way to do that.

Last edited by def28; 07-12-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:28 AM   #60
Loki882
Side-Kick

Cable, Deadpool, Domino, and X-23 are all musts (X-23 is a pet character of mine, I love her backstory and struggle to act more human). I'd also like to see Boom Boom, Sunspot, Warpath, and maybe Loa (she's cool). Does anyone have any ideas as to the villain? The X-Men franchise is so old and vast (there are hundreds of characters) that you could easily do movies for years to come without the main cast. Generation X would work as a movie as well.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:41 AM   #61
Angamb
Banned User

Great news if true:

Quote:
The Daily SuperHero ‏@DailySuperHero 48s
Also got this text from Hollywood peep: "Right now Fox wants Cable as lead role in #XForce movie like how Logan is lead in #XMen movies."

Old 07-12-2013, 11:10 AM   #62
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

That Is how I would prefer It.It should be based on 1990's X-Force.X-Force was very popular In early 1990's.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:15 AM   #63
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
That Is how I would prefer It.It should be based on 1990's X-Force.X-Force was very popular In early 1990's.
Still is. Remender's Uncanny X Force is regarded up there with the best of X-Men stories period.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:16 AM   #64
Gabe99
Side-Kick

Bleeding Cool:
Fox To Use Comic-Con As Launching Pad For Wider X-Men Movie Universe, X-Force Film Included

Rob Liefeld Confirms Upcoming X-Force Movie

Gabe99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #65
JP
To me

Be cool if they could get at least one extremely popular actor for a role. The kind of actor who always has a box office hit... someone like The Rock. Not saying The Rock, per say, as I don't see a character he fits, but someone like him.

JP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:24 AM   #66
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Be cool if they could get at least one extremely popular actor for a role. The kind of actor who always has a box office hit... someone like The Rock. Not saying The Rock, per say, as I don't see a character he fits, but someone like him.
Think I remember Lifeld hitting up The Rock on Twitter to play Cable awhile back.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:25 AM   #67
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Lifeld was hitting up The Rock on Twitter to play Cable awhile back.
ah looks like we may have a Cable possibly played by the Rock

Old 07-12-2013, 11:27 AM   #68
Angamb
Banned User

lord, lets hope NOT!

they could sign a bit less known actor for Cable while getting back Ryan Reynolds.

Some new upcoming actors would be a good move, and then a A-List actor/s for the villain/s.

The Guardians members are upcoming actors, except for Zoe, while they have Benicio del Toro as one of the villains and Glenn as the lead of the Corps, or so.

Thats the route to go, I think.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:29 AM   #69
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Ugh the Rock? That Stephen Lang fella would obviously be ideal...

I have nothing against the Rock, hes a big geek but he doesn't look like Cable...he could be an X-character for sure though.

Great Mind(s) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #70
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Still is. Remender's Uncanny X Force is regarded up there with the best of X-Men stories period.
Well during my years of buying multiple X-Men related comics untill changes made by Grant morrison and Quesdada regime made me finally quit In 2005
X-Force was at It's most popular time during early 1990's.Rob Liefeld ploting and drawing was one of those times.

That's a factor why I would like them to base It on part on the 1990's version
with Cable leading It.But,I will not be shocked at all If Deadpool makes the lineup.Deadpool was Introduced In leadup to Launch In X-Force In final New
Mutants and In X-Force.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #71
def28
Side-Kick

I doubt it would be The Rock. Stephen Lang would be awesome...he is getting a bit old though.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:32 AM   #72
JP
To me

He IS old. A bit too old.

JP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:39 AM   #73
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I could see The Rock playing Cable.He's younger than Cable Is In comics but that Is bound to happen.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #74
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Well during my years of buying multiple X-Men related comics untill changes made by Grant morrison and Quesdada regime made me finally quit In 2005
X-Force was at It's most popular time during early 1990's.Rob Liefeld ploting and drawing was one of those times.

That's a factor why I would like them to base It on part on the 1990's version
with Cable leading It.But,I will not be shocked at all If Deadpool makes the lineup.Deadpool was Introduced In leadup to Launch In X-Force In final New
Mutants and In X-Force.
I highly recommend reading Uncanny X-Force marvelrobbins. Even if you don't dig the new books much. There's a bit of a Grant Morrison style in it because of Fantomex but he's written very well, and actually the most interesting character in some of the arcs.

And I agree that Deadpool will show up here since he's been there since the start of X-Force. He's never lost that tie through the years.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #75
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

The Rock has star power, i personally don't know why but hey