The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 03-20-2013, 08:00 PM   #51
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: Fox's Shared Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
It was brilliant in the sense that Fox understands that to make great comic book films having someone who has experience working on both sides can be a key thing. Granted, we don't know his track record at Fox yet but I'm inclined to trust his judgement seeing as he has experience in bringing together multiple characters into one story. Plus his work on the adaptation of his book Kick-Ass makes me even more inclined.

Considering the fact that one of Millar's first moves after becoming Fox's "consultant" was to convince Matthew Vaughn to leave the director's chair on DOFP in favor of helming one of Millar's own films, his judgment is already suspect.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/...of-future-past

xeno000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:52 PM   #52
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Considering the fact that one of Millar's first moves after becoming Fox's "consultant" was to convince Matthew Vaughn to leave the director's chair on DOFP in favor of helming one of Millar's own films, his judgment is already suspect.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/...of-future-past
Who says he convinced him? For all we know they had talked about making this from the moment Millar wrote the book and now is the right time to make it. Truth is you can't say Millar was the sole reason Vaughn left DoFP because we don't know. But his departure left the way for the original X director to take come back and fix the **** that Ratner ****ed up.

Old 03-21-2013, 04:41 AM   #53
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Who says he convinced him? For all we know they had talked about making this from the moment Millar wrote the book and now is the right time to make it. Truth is you can't say Millar was the sole reason Vaughn left DoFP because we don't know. But his departure left the way for the original X director to take come back and fix the **** that Ratner ****ed up.

Millar himself said that his project took priority over DOFP because he feared someone was going to use the (totally unoriginal) concept first and that's why Vaughn left. Vaughn had directed the somewhat successful prequel/reboot of a flailing franchise and the studio wanted him to helm the sequel, but Millar at the very least was instrumental in preventing that from happening. Personally, I find that hilarious and fitting, but it was a ****ty thing to do to his new employers.

xeno000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:08 AM   #54
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Millar himself said that his project took priority over DOFP because he feared someone was going to use the (totally unoriginal) concept first and that's why Vaughn left. Vaughn had directed the somewhat successful prequel/reboot of a flailing franchise and the studio wanted him to helm the sequel, but Millar at the very least was instrumental in preventing that from happening. Personally, I find that hilarious and fitting, but it was a ****ty thing to do to his new employers.
This is true but he also said that he and Vaughn didn't want to see someone else do their script. I took from that that they both decided this. I mean just because Millar wanted Vaughn to do the movie doesn't mean Vaughn had to. He chose to. Millar is partly to blame but I feel like you can't say Millar is the sole reason Vaughn left DoFP. And unless I'm mistaken Vaughn left DoFP before he came aboard with Fox.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:07 AM   #55
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I really hope that this will happen. Because this is like the only way for the X-Men to work with another superhero team in like the next 10 years. Especially if the reboot turned out to be a good movie and the box-office performance is good. And I just imagine how the X-Men and Fantastic Four would look in screen together and in the posters. X-Men would be in their matching black uniforms and the Fantastic Four would be in their matching blue uniforms. X-Men has the X-Mansion and the X-Jet while the Fantastic Four has the Baxter Building and the Fantasticar. I would like to see Storm/Invisible Woman work together, Iceman/Human Torch in an action sequence, Cyclops/Mr. Fantastic interacting with each other, The Thing/Colossus in an action sequence..

The reboot better work!

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 06-23-2013 at 12:11 AM.
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:09 PM   #56
JJmelo
Side-Kick

That actually sounds pretty cool. Especially Thing and Colossus, they would tear **** up!

JJmelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:49 PM   #57
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Yeah but The Thing and Colossus tearing up things won't probably happen since Colossus is not even a very important character in the movies, unless they surprisingly develop him in the next X-Men movies. Instead of Colossus, it would probably be Wolverine to team up with the Thing and they could do the fastball attack.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:49 AM   #58
Marvel_SKE
Side-Kick

As much as i want all Marvel characters are in Marvel's hand (especially Fantastic Four), but in overall, as Marvel fan, I love all Marvel characters and i want to support all Marvel movies...

so whether its Fox's Marvel (FF & X-Men), Sony's Marvel (Spidey), and official Marvel under Disney (MCU), I'm just gladful and happy to have my beloved characters all to be translated into a live movie...(not just in comics and cartoons)..so,for all movies which had a Marvel logo appearing in the beginning of the movie, i support all of them.

though someday in the future, I dream of one cinematic Marvel universe just like in comics (realize will not happen anytime soon, though.. but we can always be hoping, right? )

Marvel_SKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #59
animex
Banned User

Quote:
The FF are being rebooted as a franchise in 2015..... how does that equate to dead in any sense?

The FF reboot comes out in 2015, And it will steamrolled by either Avengers 2, Star Wars 7, or possibly a Justice League movie, with the field its up against in 2015 and the almost non-success of the original films, People just wont be interested. And knowing Fox's reputation has a studio, They are probably waiting for Disney to drop SW7's release date, So they can put FF in direct competition with it, So they can teach O'l George a lesson, Which will no doubt backfire, So before the movie is even released, Calling FF a dead franchise is pretty damn accurate.

This is just my idea of how they could connect them:
In the end credit/post credits scene of FF they could have Sue tell Reed she's pregnant. Then in FF2 she could have had Franklin finally introducing the character. Then in the end of FF2 they could have Xavier come to Reed and Sue and tell them that he's sensed that Franklin is perhaps an higher than Omega-level mutant thereby establishing those two film series being in the same universe without it being weird because Franklin is a mutant so it'll make sense to the audience that he's popped up on Xavier's radar given his power level (reminiscent of the scene from X3). Then if X-Men DoFP fixes the timeline and we get more present time movies they could introduce some more X-Verse characters. It could be around 2020 when they do a crossover X-Men/FF Days of Future Present movie. This gives them enough time to set up movies and characters for both series.

As long has Fox is involved, This isn't going to happen.

animex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:01 AM   #60
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by animex View Post
As long has Fox is involved, This isn't going to happen.
One could dream. I just want something that connects the two franchises in the FF reboot since we know DoFP is not connected to FF.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:53 AM   #61
lozzy.94
Im no Side-Kick

If fox actually go through with this shared universe then it always been seen as a poor man's MCU.

lozzy.94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:56 PM   #62
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

The difference between MCU and a possible X-Men/Fantastic Four team-up movie is going to be two superhero teams working together rather than superhero individuals coming together and work as The Avengers.

I do think if they ever team up, it should be a 1-shot thing.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:05 AM   #63
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
The difference between MCU and a possible X-Men/Fantastic Four team-up movie is going to be two superhero teams working together rather than superhero individuals coming together and work as The Avengers.

this is why I said Days of Future Present is the perfect story for a X-Men/FF crossover. It's really one of their only stories (at least that I know of).

Old 07-12-2013, 04:07 AM   #64
Marvel_SKE
Side-Kick

Quote:

Coincidence or not...
Joss Whedon's story on Astonishing X-Men has featured X-Men and Fantastic Four teaming up...(I believe it was on Dangerous' story arc)

Marvel_SKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:29 PM   #65
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

It wasn't a team up, its not only the Fantastic Four who showed up in the story-arc to help the X-Men. Dr. Strange was there, Spidey was there and I think Thor was there too.

Old 07-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #66
Toleedo
New User - Level 0

All they need to do is introduce Onslaught and Franklin Richards and we have a joint movie

Toleedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:17 PM   #67
CyclopsWasRight
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Can't wait to see what comes after DOFP. X-FORCE sounds like a good step

CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:35 PM   #68
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I want a X-Men/Fantastic Four team-up movie!

Old 07-31-2013, 05:38 AM   #69
lozzy.94
Im no Side-Kick

Quote:
I want a X-Men/Fantastic Four team-up movie!
Last time FOX did a cross-over movie we got those two horrible Alien vs Predator movies, so no thanks.

Reality Stone=Aether
Power Stone=Orb
Time Stone=?????
Soul Stone=?????
lozzy.94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:39 AM   #70
Silvermoth
Avenger

I don't really to be honest. The ff and the xmen don't have as many iconic moments together as say spidey and ff.

That saying if they made it I would see it. Imagine if they had a proper cosmic Phoenix this time which lead into a proper dark Phoenix saga in the x-films!

Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote