Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - - Part 11

First Set Pic from Big Eyes.

Old 07-12-2013, 10:21 AM   #477
Andreth
Side-Kick

What? she's already filming?
Amy has been working non stop

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Andreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:24 AM   #478
Audrey
Side-Kick

One of the best write-ups I've seen about the way people keep misunderstanding the "romance" plot in Man of Steel. I think it's relevant.

Quote:
It’s not Happily Ever After, it’s The Adventure Begins

So I’ve been hearing some people say that the romance subplot in Man of Steel is bad. You know, feels unwarranted, whatever. I don’t get that. Maybe if the movie had ended with Lois and Clark getting married, or having kids, but no. It ends pretty much with them starting a relationship. It’s a first date/second date kinda thing, not an epic love. Not yet. And I don’t think it was being sold as an epic love at that point.

Compare the Thor movie, where we’re meant to believe that Thor flirting with Jane for a while had made him a better man and he’d fallen in love with her to the point that Loki threatening her could compel him to attack his beloved brother. Now that’s unearned. But we don’t get that in MoS. When a loved one is threatened so Superman will flip out and attack the bad guy full power, it’s his mother. When people are threatened to the point that Superman must kill to save them, Lois isn’t among them. As the movie itself says, by the end of the show, they’ve JUST HAD THEIR FIRST KISS. THAT’S IT.

So with that in mind, all we have to do is justify Clark and Lois having a romantic interest in each other. (Note: From the mythos, we know a major factor in this is that Lois is consistently let down by people, institutions, everything, and Clark is one of the few things in the world that stands up to her scrutiny. But that’s more of an “It’s In The Manuel" sort of thing, so we’ll skip it.)

From Lois’s perspective: A man (who admittedly is very handsome) saves her life, even though it jeopardizes his own secret, with no thought of reward or “You’d better keep your mouth shut." Given all the cover-ups a Pulitzer-Prize-winning journalist would come across, and all the **** people have done to keep skeletons in their closets, that alone is worthy of note. Then she finds out this guy has pretty much dedicated his life to saving people, consistently willing to sacrifice his own comfortable existence if it means other people are safe. She has a face-to-face meeting with him; he’s respectful, open, and honest with her. She sees him put his own life in jeopardy, repeatedly, to save the human race (which has, via the military, imprisoned him and attempted to kill him), as well as rescue her repeatedly (including making it a caveat of his surrender to the military that she be set free). Even when Zod’s mind-probe of her puts Martha Kent in danger, his very first thought is “Don’t worry, it’s not your fault," instead of being the slightest bit angry. Now, maybe it’s just me, but it’d take the worst sort of “Girls Only Go For *******s" type to think all THAT wouldn’t make an impression.

From Clark’s perspective: After a lifetime of staying away from people for fear that they’ll learn his secret and attack him, he meets an (admittedly very pretty) woman who is completely cool with it. And his habit of saving lives, one that he’s gotten no support or praise for, not even from his own father? She likes it. She offers him unconditional support as he confides in her and debates with her as an equal. She promises to keep his secret and does, even when the entire world is against her, even when she’s been unjustly imprisoned by the military. She risks her own life to participate in the attack on Zod’s ship. Finally, even when she sees him at his worst, forced to execute Zod, she still accepts and comforts him. Now, I gotta think most guys, when confronted with a beautiful, intelligent woman who is awesome at her job, completely trustworthy, and totally supportive of them, would go “Where do I sign up?"

So c’mon fellas, what more do you want? Does he have to fly her around the world, listening to spoken-word poetry, to seal the deal?

http://****yeahmelancholy.tumblr.com/post/54570289805/its-not-happily-ever-after-its-the-adventure-begins

This is exactly my read on it and I've been saying something similar for weeks. So needless to say, I agree entirely. This poster used to be a writer for FemPop magazine. She knows her stuff.

Audrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:27 AM   #479
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrey View Post
One of the best write-ups I've seen about the way people keep misunderstanding the "romance" plot in Man of Steel. I think it's relevant.

http://****yeahmelancholy.tumblr.com/post/54570289805/its-not-happily-ever-after-its-the-adventure-begins

This is exactly my read on it and I've been saying something similar for weeks. So needless to say, I agree entirely. This poster used to be a writer for FemPop magazine. She knows her stuff.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #480
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Quote:

......good read and I gotta say, I completely agree with it

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:45 PM   #481
Cantis1
Side-Kick

Quote:

That is a wonderful write up! And exactly what I saw!

Thank you for sharing!

Oh, I went to the link but it says "page not found" and the tumblr isn't there either. Do you have another link? I wanted to reblog it!

Last edited by Cantis1; 07-12-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Cantis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:09 PM   #482
Audrey
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantis1 View Post
That is a wonderful write up! And exactly what I saw!

Thank you for sharing!

Oh, I went to the link but it says "page not found" and the tumblr isn't there either. Do you have another link? I wanted to reblog it!
I think the reason I can't post the tumblr here is because it has the F word in it which then disrupts the URL.

You should be able to find it linked on tumblr though if you google the person's name and then search the Man of Steel tag. It won't let me post it bc of the curse word to give you an accurate link.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:16 PM   #483
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:05 PM   #484
Cantis1
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think the reason I can't post the tumblr here is because it has the F word in it which then disrupts the URL.

You should be able to find it linked on tumblr though if you google the person's name and then search the Man of Steel tag. It won't let me post it bc of the curse word to give you an accurate link.
Oh, thank you, I get it now! I did try searching it, but I didn't realize those * stood for a curse word, so I wasn't looking up the right name. Got it now!

Cantis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:38 PM   #485
Andreth
Side-Kick

that's a wig, right?

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Old 07-12-2013, 08:57 PM   #486
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator

I would venture to say.....yes.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #487
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:17 AM   #488
Loki882
Side-Kick

She kind of looks like Marilyn Monroe in that pic.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:34 AM   #489
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
that's a wig, right?
Nope. She actually died her hair blonde for the role.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:32 PM   #490
lepetitprince
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Nope. She actually died her hair blonde for the role.
Seriously? So she cut her hair too?

lepetitprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #491
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

^I guess so.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:50 PM   #492
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

Lol. She is able to do all kinds of things to her hair for other roles but not for Lois Lane which is arguably much more important!!

The Amazing Spider-Man 2- April 16th
WarriorDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #493
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

That's because Snyder doens't like you.

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #494
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

This just came to my mind, how many times has Amy played a love interest/wife?

Old 07-15-2013, 03:07 PM   #495
Andreth
Side-Kick

Just a love interest? I don't think she's been just the love interest since her career took off after Enchanted. She's had protagonist roles since then.
Or did you mean something else?

TRUEBLOOD
Old 07-15-2013, 07:11 PM   #496
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDreamer View Post
Lol. She is able to do all kinds of things to her hair for other roles but not for Lois Lane which is arguably much more important!!

Go ahead, argue it.....

Old 07-15-2013, 11:29 PM   #497
Loki882
Side-Kick

She was the main protagonist in Enchanted (if anything, Patrick Dempsey was the love interest). She was a love interest in the Fighter, but also one of the two main female characters (alongside Melissa Leo).

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:36 PM   #498
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Lol, I know it's the Teen CHoice Awards but Amy's been nominated for best lead female and best liplock.

Old 07-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #499
Audrey
Side-Kick

FYI guys, there are pictures of Amy Adams on the morning these pictures were taken walking with her daughter with her normal hair.

Here is another picture of her supposedly taken on July 13th in Vancouver with her daughter.
http://www.celebritybabyscoop.com/20...aturday-stroll

SHE IS WEARING A WIG.

I could have told you from 100 feet away that that was a wig btw.

Old 07-16-2013, 04:55 PM   #500
Audrey
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
This just came to my mind, how many times has Amy played a love interest/wife?
That's kind of a weird comment to me since it seems to imply that the act of being someone's wife in a film is your entire identity or something.

Amy was the protagonist in Enchanted. I agree. Patrick Dempsey was HER love interest.

Leap Year was a romantic comedy. No one is "the love interest" in that movie.

She was not a "love interest" in Miss Pettigrew Lives for the Day. She had a relationship with Lee Pace in the movie but the central relationship in that movie was the friendship between Amy's character and Frances M.

She played Amelia Earhart in Night at the Museum. She shared a kiss with Ben Stiller at the end of the movie but it was an action movie and she was the second lead in the film.

She played the wife of the cult leader in The Master but the fact that she was his WIFE actually was a huge component of the plot. She was using her status as his wife to pull the strings.

Big Eyes is a story ABOUT a married couple. She is no more 'the wife" than Christoph Waltz is "the husband." This is a story about a MARRIED COUPLE and the way their relationship unfolded. If anything, if you know the story, it's a narrative about Margaret Keane. She is the person who changes and drives the story. If Amy gets nominated for an Oscar for this role, she'll go LEAD. It's not a supporting role. It's HER movie.

I'd actually say that Amy Adams has played the stock "love interest" very few times in her career. She's had a wide array of varied work and while there might be love stories IN her movies, she is rarely just there to be a love interest.

Lois Lane is also, btw, not a love interest. She's the only other figure from the Superman mythos in Action #1 and the female lead of the Superman mythos. She engages in a love affair with Superman but she is not a love interest. She's the second lead in the story. There actually :;is:: a difference, you know.