The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 09:12 PM   #826
Jick
Auxiliary Assistant

Default Re: Latest Anime you watched? - Part 1

I finished Berserk.
I'm surprised by how much I liked it after episode 10, since it bored me until then. Too bad the anime didn't keep going. I think this was the first time I saw such a depressing and traumatic ending.

Next: Hunter x Hunter

Old 06-26-2013, 06:11 AM   #827
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Hajime no Ippo
High School of the Dead

Old 06-27-2013, 02:35 PM   #828
ssj wolverine
Plenty have tried pal!!

Finished the series Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion 1. Enjoyed it a lot. Now onto the sequel Code Geass: LeLouch of the Rebellion 2

Old 06-30-2013, 05:49 PM   #829
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Attack on Titan - First 5 episodes

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 06-30-2013, 10:18 PM   #830
childeroland
Side-Kick

Ghost in the Shell Arise: Ghost Pain - first episode/film.

Stunning art and animation, and an intriguing standalone story.

The Garden of Words

Eh. As usual with Shinkai's stuff, absolutely gorgeous to look at. But the characters just don't intrigue, after Children Who Chase Lost Voices, 5 Centimeters, and the great The Place Promised In Our Early Days. Might not have been in the mood, and I'll have to try it again, as Shinkai should always get the benefit of the doubt.

Red Data Girl - first episode

Mysterious, nice set up so far. Nice to see with this show, and the other two above, that the heavy black outlining of characters isn't taking over everything. Really dislike that.

You are the world you have created. And when you cease to exist, this world that you have created will also cease to exist. Cormac Mccarthy, The Counselor

If you shut your eyes to a frightening sight, you end up being frightened. If you look at it straight on, there is nothing to be afraid of.
Heigo Kurosawa, Akira's brother

Last edited by childeroland; 06-30-2013 at 10:41 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:58 AM   #831
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Well Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet came to an end.

I'd give it a 7.5-8/10. Chamber dying made me shed a few tears. He was quite frankly the best part of the show. I did feel like a good majority of the characters felt underwritten (Amy especially). It also really sped towards its climax in an almost unsatisfactory way.

A lot of potential of it being great but somewhat squandered due to the short timespan of the show along with some writing issues when it came to character development.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 07-07-2013, 04:55 PM   #832
childeroland
Side-Kick

Photo Kano. Too fan service-y, and much of the romance is like Harry Potter 6 without the magic or potential date rape. Every time I'm about to give up on it, some beautiful or funny moment (the main character realizing what his growing camera skill will do for him, that character and a girl disappearing when two pervy guys try to run up on them) pulls me back in.

Kids on a Slope.
Nice character twists, main character's silly health problem put to good narrative use. Decent so far.

Another. Still as creepy and fun as when I first saw it.

Aku No Hana. So-so ending, and once you see where it's going, it takes awhile to get there.

You are the world you have created. And when you cease to exist, this world that you have created will also cease to exist. Cormac Mccarthy, The Counselor

If you shut your eyes to a frightening sight, you end up being frightened. If you look at it straight on, there is nothing to be afraid of.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #833
The Navigator
Punch Punch Punch

Just started GaoGaiGar. So many moving parts...

Old 07-14-2013, 04:30 PM   #834
Lucien
Bozhe Moi

First 3 episodes of Gurren Lagann. Love it!

Old 07-15-2013, 04:30 AM   #835
Pegasus

I'm waiting patiently for the next episode of Naruto Shippuuden to release.

Old 07-15-2013, 07:04 AM   #836
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

I watched Berzerk: Battle of Doldrey at a theater last week. It was intense, but sometimes I wonder if they redrew some of the old tv episodes.

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart. When absent from one's hand one can strike an enemy at paces
even with bare hands.

Swordsmanship's ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world. He vows not to kill.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:44 PM   #837
childeroland
Side-Kick

Zetsuen No Tempest.
Very smart, musically good, comically serious magical homage to Shakespeare.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #838
The Navigator
Punch Punch Punch

A little bit of Gun x Sword.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:51 AM   #839
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Yu Yu Hakusho

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 07-16-2013, 07:53 AM   #840
Avangarde
Avan a Good Time

I've lost my mind and decided to marathon Naruto

XBOX ONE
Stiffbiscuitz
Old 07-16-2013, 08:55 PM   #841
Jick
Auxiliary Assistant

HunterxHunter ep. 10.
I'm really enjoying it so far.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:13 AM   #842
Lord
All Mighty

Just finished Neon Genesis Evangelion + End of Evangelion, this was bizarre. I think i prefer the anime original ending due to the main character coming to a positive realization, but at the same time it somewhat leaves the plot unfinished. Either way now i know what it would be like if Kubrick did an anime.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Old 07-19-2013, 09:28 AM   #843
Tanin
Tsukino Usagi

Serial Experiments Lain takes my spot for weirdest anime mind****. I'm in the middle of watching Full Metal Alchemist.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #844
Lucien
Bozhe Moi

I love Lain. Mind**** doesn't even begin to describe it lol.

I'm just over halfway through Gurren Lagann and still really enjoying it

Old 07-20-2013, 10:02 PM   #845
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Just finished Neon Genesis Evangelion + End of Evangelion, this was bizarre. I think i prefer the anime original ending due to the main character coming to a positive realization, but at the same time it somewhat leaves the plot unfinished. Either way now i know what it would be like if Kubrick did an anime.
The End of Evangelion was supposed to be the intended original ending. But somebody stole the cels while they were working on episodes 25 and 26.

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart. When absent from one's hand one can strike an enemy at paces
even with bare hands.

Swordsmanship's ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world. He vows not to kill.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:03 PM   #846
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jick09 View Post
I finished Berserk.
I'm surprised by how much I liked it after episode 10, since it bored me until then. Too bad the anime didn't keep going. I think this was the first time I saw such a depressing and traumatic ending.
Just like the trailer for Elder Scrolls Online, what would happen if we switched Guts for Superman, Casca for Wonder Woman, and Griffith/Femto for Batman.

He he he heh heheheheh.

even with bare hands.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:41 PM   #847
childeroland
Side-Kick

Just started Chihayafuru. Liking it so far. That kid who keeps messing up the karuta cards without picking one up is obnoxious as heck, rules or not.

Old 07-27-2013, 12:07 AM   #848
ares834
Side-Kick

Re-watching Brotherhood. Forgot how awesome King Bradley is.

Old 07-27-2013, 04:06 PM   #849
Lucien
Bozhe Moi

Gurren Lagann has left me practically speechless over how great it was. Phenominal series that just kept getting better and better as it went on.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:40 PM   #850
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Dragonball Z: Cooler's Revenge - Wow whatever it is that Funimation had with their love of heavy metal music is just overkill with this movie, practically every scene was filled with heavy metal music in the background, I just turned it to the Spanish dub that retains the original Japanese music.

Self-contained stories part of a larger story is where its at. Not this writing for the trade nonsense. If you're going to write for the trade, don't release it in individual issues. Just release the trade.
Closed Thread