The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Old 07-15-2013, 01:59 AM   #126
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

Default Re: Killer Instinct

People will stop being butthurt about X1 when it comes out & it's shown to not be Satan's spawn

Old 07-15-2013, 09:42 AM   #127
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

I wonder if some of those people are mad because KI 3 is t coming out on the PS4? I think for the game to make it to PS4 eventually would be for it to become a successful game on XB1.

Midnyte_Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #128
jacobed
Banned User

Microsoft owns it. It'll never come to the ps4. Stupid fans need to stop with the xbox 1. Once it comes out they'll see that hey its actually pretty good. This game looks just phenomenal.

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:37 PM   #129
The Hill
Frat House Member

One nitpic I have is the announcer not saying "combo" every combo type ie; Awesome "Combo", Triple "Combo", Crazy "Combo" ect.... just seems incomplete to me.

"Shepard you're missing it! It's Goddamn GLORIOUS! I'm clawing out bodies out here!" Grunt Mass Effect 2
The Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:05 PM   #130
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnyte_Sun View Post
I wonder if some of those people are mad because KI 3 is t coming out on the PS4? I think for the game to make it to PS4 eventually would be for it to become a successful game on XB1.
Rare owned the Killer Instinct IP and Microsoft assumed ownership of their IPs when they acquired Rareware a decade ago. It'll never come out on the PlayStation 4, no matter how successful it gets. It would be like if Sony decided to one day just make God of War for the Xbox One out of the blue.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:13 PM   #131
Pegasus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hill View Post
One nitpic I have is the announcer not saying "combo" every combo type ie; Awesome "Combo", Triple "Combo", Crazy "Combo" ect.... just seems incomplete to me.
Agreed! The game does seem incomplete, but it is not complete that was just a demo, but i hope the devs add in all those awesome sounds of the narrator yelling out Triple Comob, Combo Breaker and Awesome Combo.

Pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:25 PM   #132
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
Microsoft owns it. It'll never come to the ps4. Stupid fans need to stop with the xbox 1. Once it comes out they'll see that hey its actually pretty good. This game looks just phenomenal.
IDK, im pretty much leaning XB1 but im not really feeling what iv seen of KI. Altho with that said, i wasnt feeling what i was seeing with MK or Injustice before they came out and now those 2 games are my fav fighters of all time. So im just gonna wait to play this sucker myself before i start booin and hissing.

Old 07-16-2013, 03:47 AM   #133
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

I thought they fixed the 'combo' vocal issue? Also the announcer sounds like he has bronchitis when saying Ultra Combo lol

Old 07-16-2013, 05:24 AM   #134
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

Leaked "Select Screen" music from the new KI.

https://vine.co/v/hZVw0Lj72gw

Old 07-16-2013, 11:58 AM   #135
jacobed
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
IDK, im pretty much leaning XB1 but im not really feeling what iv seen of KI. Altho with that said, i wasnt feeling what i was seeing with MK or Injustice before they came out and now those 2 games are my fav fighters of all time. So im just gonna wait to play this sucker myself before i start booin and hissing.
I was the exact same way with Injustice, I thought it looked pretty bad for the a while there but now its one of my favorites at the moment

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:47 PM   #136
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

Snippet to one of the more refined versions of the Killer Instinct 3 Theme. IMO, sounds even better than what was revealed at E3:

https://vine.co/v/hW6BPphLBdB

Old 07-19-2013, 02:30 PM   #137
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

at one point, ME 1 was a MS exclusive and we never thought that would come to the PS3.

so, maybe, KI will come to the PS4.......eventually........

maybe.....

perhaps......

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:06 PM   #138
Soapy
It's happening again...

Microsoft owns the IP.

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:59 PM   #139
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

It's probably the same chance of Super Smash Brothers being on PS4.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:23 PM   #140
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

Killer Instinct 3 Music by Composer Mick Gordon:

http://www.killerinstinctcentral.com...e-music-suite/

Old 07-26-2013, 11:30 PM   #141
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Is this expected to rank alongside the established beat'em ups like Street Fighter & Mortal Kombat? I just have no knowledge/awareness of the 1st Killer Instinct at all for some reason.

Old 07-27-2013, 12:02 AM   #142
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

KI was an established fighter in the 90's and could hold it's own against SF and MK. It's just been off the market because the original creators split up and the Brand was in lawsuit with Fox over the use of the name "Killer Instinct"

Ofcourse, Rare was bought out by Microsoft and since the original creators were not there, they went on to other projects, i.e. Kinect.

After settling the lawsuit, and seeing that the fighting game market is getting hot, they decided to create the 3rd KI...it just took about 18 years.

Ken Lobb, one of the original designers was asked to consult, along with Rare, and Double Helix was chosen to create it. So far they've done a fantastic job and the fighting game community at SGC, EVO, E3, and SDCC all dug the game. It's going to be shown at games con this year also.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:21 AM   #143
Tron Bonne
Climaxing

It depends on what you're asking. As far as popularity, it was a fairly popular. If we're talking more technically, though, I doubt anyone would've put it up there with SF. Until the newest one, MK was never put to that level, either. Those were actually not seen as particularly great games from a technical standpoint, KI was probably better than that.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:48 PM   #144
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
KI was an established fighter in the 90's and could hold it's own against SF and MK. It's just been off the market because the original creators split up and the Brand was in lawsuit with Fox over the use of the name "Killer Instinct"

Ofcourse, Rare was bought out by Microsoft and since the original creators were not there, they went on to other projects, i.e. Kinect.

After settling the lawsuit, and seeing that the fighting game market is getting hot, they decided to create the 3rd KI...it just took about 18 years.

Ken Lobb, one of the original designers was asked to consult, along with Rare, and Double Helix was chosen to create it. So far they've done a fantastic job and the fighting game community at SGC, EVO, E3, and SDCC all dug the game. It's going to be shown at games con this year also.
Good to know, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
It depends on what you're asking. As far as popularity, it was a fairly popular. If we're talking more technically, though, I doubt anyone would've put it up there with SF. Until the newest one, MK was never put to that level, either. Those were actually not seen as particularly great games from a technical standpoint, KI was probably better than that.
So technically KI would be somewhere in between Street Fighter & pre MK9 Mortal Kombat? Just checking I understood that right.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:09 PM   #145
Tron Bonne
Climaxing

Well, I don't know about this game, but the older entries, yeah, that sound 'bout right.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:50 AM   #146
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Good to know, thanks.

So technically KI would be somewhere in between Street Fighter & pre MK9 Mortal Kombat? Just checking I understood that right.
KI had a unique combo system that MK and SF didn't have. It also had better graphics, better sound, and a louder arcade unit. It was basically if MK and SF had a bastard child, and it was on steroids.

Old 07-28-2013, 03:24 AM   #147
The Hill
Frat House Member

Pre-rendered graphics were all the rage back then.

"Shepard you're missing it! It's Goddamn GLORIOUS! I'm clawing out bodies out here!" Grunt Mass Effect 2
The Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:38 AM   #148
Spade
Cool and Chiseled

KI had the blood and fatalities of MK, but you could mash out of that dizzy state for a second chance and its friendships were called humiliations. It felt similar to SF in how you input moves and the emphasis on combos, but the combos followed their own different rules. Unique to KI was the combo breaker, which stopped a combo if you did it right, and the ultra combo, which was done at the end of a match-ending combo for the flair and bragging rights.

Speaking from experience, KI3 feels about the same. It just flows better.

Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:36 AM   #149
HardBawl
Banned User

I'm getting it ! Next gen fighter at launch, this is one I most certainly can't wait for !

Very excited about this game. Its lookin like a 10/10

HardBawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:25 AM   #150
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
KI had a unique combo system that MK and SF didn't have. It also had better graphics, better sound, and a louder arcade unit. It was basically if MK and SF had a bastard child, and it was on steroids.
Sounds awesome. Why didn't I know about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
KI had the blood and fatalities of MK, but you could mash out of that dizzy state for a second chance and its friendships were called humiliations. It felt similar to SF in how you input moves and the emphasis on combos, but the combos followed their own different rules. Unique to KI was the combo breaker, which stopped a combo if you did it right, and the ultra combo, which was done at the end of a match-ending combo for the flair and bragging rights.

Speaking from experience, KI3 feels about the same. It just flows better.
I like the sound of the combo breaker. I hate those juggling combos from Tekken that you can't do much about once started. I really need to get this game and it looks like being a much more attractive exclusive than I ever expected. But I want to finish all my Street Fighter, Tekken, Marvel Vs Capcom, Soul Calibur & Mortal Kombat games outstanding first