The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Old 07-16-2013, 11:51 PM   #226
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: The X-FORCE Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
The female characters that should be in X-Force are Wolfsbane, Feral, Boom Boom and Domino.
NAh. I take it you havn't read UXF. I'd be fine with all those. But Psylocke will sell more and kick up the hype more then those characters you mentioned. She deserves a spot as much as any of those characters. She's been the current female lead in an X-Froce title for awhile now.

I'd bet Domino and Psylocke are the bigger contenders here. Honestly too many options, and like everything will come down to personal preference on who wants what. Most these unused X-Froce characters deserve their spot though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
As I said before just because they are calling it X-Force dont expect the X-force characters...I could be wrong but the last movie X-Men First Class didnt feature the First Class Xmen.
It would be kind of odd to use non X-froce members since there are so many. But if they added someone like Gambit I could see why.

Last edited by def28; 07-16-2013 at 11:55 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:55 PM   #227
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
NAh. I take it you havn't read UXF. I'd be fine with all those. But Psylocke will sell more and kick up the hype way more then those characters you mentioned. She deserves a spot as much as any of those characters. She's been the current female lead in an X-Froce title for awhile now.

I'd bet Domino and Psylocke are the bigger contenders here. Honestly too many options, and like everything will come down to personal preference on who wants what. Most these unused X-Froce characters deserve their spot.
Whatever you want to say. X-Men sells more than X-Force and I want to see Psylocke work with X-Men characters like Wolverine, Rogue, Iceman, Storm. Psylocke is more fitting to X-Men than a X-Men spin-off, X-Force.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:57 PM   #228
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Psylocke is more fitting to X-Men than a X-Men spin-off, X-Force.
This is incorrect. Psylocke is an excellent choice fro X-force based on her skills and visual coolness factor alone. Also, Depends on the other characters added. If Warren or Fantomex are on X-force, she goes perfect with them. Then again these films rarely follow source. So Who knows. Point is, she works more then fine here and has enough history in the books and with other members to be a good choice.

Last edited by def28; 07-17-2013 at 12:07 AM.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:25 AM   #229
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Whatever you want to say. But introducing Psylocke in X-Force movie is like introducing Ms. Marvel in a Young Avengers movie.

Old 07-17-2013, 12:31 AM   #230
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Whatever you want to say. But introducing Psylocke in X-Force movie is like introducing Ms. Marvel in a Young Avengers movie.
Or like Hawkeye and Black Widow as founding Avengers

Or Banshee, Havok, Mystique, and Darwin as Xmen First Class team

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:54 AM   #231
Angamb
Banned User

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:03 AM   #232
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Or Banshee, Havok, Mystique, and Darwin as Xmen First Class team
Darwin and Mystique were never X-Men members.

Like I said in the other thread, we still don't know if X-Men was founded right after the events of First Class. And Havok/Banshee are perfectly fine as members of the X-Men. Havok was a X-Man even before Wolverine, Storm joined the team in the comics. And Banshee joined the X-Men along with Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler and Storm.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 07-17-2013 at 01:07 AM.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:06 AM   #233
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Darwin and Mystique were never X-Men members.

Like I said, we still don't know if X-Men was founded right after the events of First Class.
The events of First Class was the founding of the cinematic X-men. Hell they were in the blue and gold early costumes.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:09 AM   #234
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
The events of First Class was the founding of the cinematic X-men. Hell they were in the blue and gold early costumes.
Wearing costumes doesn't mean anything and the label X-Men was only brought up when Moira was talking to Prof X. They didn't wear those uniforms because they've called themselves as X-Men.

Old 07-17-2013, 01:09 AM   #235
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't read Young Avengers but if Young Avengers was even half as good as Uncanny X-Force, and there were already 5 Avenger movies with no sign of developing MS Marvel I would see absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Old 07-17-2013, 01:15 AM   #236
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
I don't read Young Avengers but if Young Avengers was even half as good as Uncanny X-Force, and there were already 5 Avenger movies with no sign of developing MS Marvel I would see absolutely nothing wrong with it.
Well it sounds to me, that you'd be fine introducing Wolverine in a New Mutants movie, Cyclops in a X-Factor movie and Iron Man in a West Coast Avengers movie (or what spin-off they have) as long as the material in the comic-books are good or they had a good run in the comic-book. And if the main movie series still haven't use them.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:03 AM   #237
def28
Side-Kick

Betsy's role is not that large on the X-Men like Wolverine/Cyclops, or like Iron Man on Avengers is. She is important and essential to Uncanny X-Force. Which is why it's more then fine to include her in an X-Force film. Especially if it's Wolverine lead.

This debate is worthless. If she's in everyone will geek at the fact she's been actually put in an X film and hopefully done justice after all these years. There will be no one complaining when a fine ass Asian/British ninja chick with Psi-blades is on screen.

Last edited by def28; 07-17-2013 at 02:24 AM.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:32 AM   #238
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Or you just can't wait to see her on-screen.

Old 07-17-2013, 10:10 AM   #239
Loki882
Side-Kick

Psylocke is a trained ninja and assassin, a world class martial artists, a master of many different forms of weapons, can create weapons out of psychic energy, and has a history with black-ops work (and was a member of two X-Force teams). Yeah, I could definitely buy her being in the movie.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:15 AM   #240
kasjan
Side-Kick

Psylocke was killed by Jean, but if Logan change past, maybe she will be at good side this time and will join X-Force. She's my favorite female mutant, would love to see her more on big screen. Give me this sexy badass x-woman

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:18 AM   #241
Loki882
Side-Kick

Tyrion Lannister is paying Bolivar Trask in DOFP (despite Trask being a black Sec of Defense in X3). The only thing that the character in X3 had in common with Psylocke was the purple streak in her hair and looking vaguely Asian. They could easily ignore that misstep entirely.

Old 07-17-2013, 10:57 AM   #242
kasjan
Side-Kick

We don't know he's playing Bolivar, or Bolivar Sr, or maybe Lawrence Trask. We have to wait and see.
The girl in X3 was Psylocke as credits confirms it.
Talking about ignore, that way we can ignore all small roles with mutants.

Old 07-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #243
Loki882
Side-Kick

She doesn't have Psylocke's powers, she isn't referred to as Psylocke or Betsy Braddock once in the movie, and she just stands around most of the time. Also, she doesn't have Psylocke's costume. The fact that she's called Psylocke in the credits is irrelevant (most moviegoers don't stay for end credits anyway).

Old 07-17-2013, 03:58 PM   #244
kasjan
Side-Kick

Callisto didn't have her powers, the same as Deapool, Kayla, Maverick, Sebastian Shaw and Viper, and we all know they are that characters. She looked like Psylocke, also Betsy can teleport using shadows as she did in Alcatraz building in X3.

Old 07-17-2013, 04:31 PM   #245
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Um, you do realize Psylocke has been a major member of the X-Force team for quite some time now...

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:54 PM   #246
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

^Of course, I know that.

But she's more recognizable as an X-Men member than a X-Force member. So she's more fitting to a X-Men movie than a X-Force movie.

Old 07-17-2013, 10:06 PM   #247
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Or you just can't wait to see her on-screen.
I won't deny that.

Doesn't change the fact she's been the most important character in Uncanny X-Force. That book revolves around Betsy now, it's her team and about her. It has never existed without her. That's not the case with her on X-Men. There are other members that will always get priority over her, which is why she was never brought into the films. If they went with an Uncanny X-Froce Team she is the most crucial female character. Saying she is more fitting to a non X-Force movie is flat out wrong. Uncanny X-Force is specifically fitted for her, while X-Men is not.

Last edited by def28; 07-17-2013 at 10:52 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:13 PM   #248
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Agreed. She's had plenty of storyline's within the X-Men proper, but she is an INTEGRAL character to the X-Force team. Much like Cable, you can't do an X-Force movie without Psylocke.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:54 PM   #249
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Yes they can. Its not like Psylocke became popular because she was a X-Force member or X-Force became a long-lived comic-book series because of her.

Quote:
I won't deny that.

Doesn't change the fact she's been the most important character in Uncanny X-Force. That book revolves around Betsy now, it's her team and about her. It has never existed without her. That's not the case with her on X-Men. There are other members that will always get priority over her, which is why she was never brought into the films. If they went with an Uncanny X-Froce Team she is the most crucial female character. Saying she is more fitting to a non X-Force movie is flat out wrong. Uncanny X-Force is specifically fitted for her, while X-Men is not.
Again with the right writer, right director and the right story. Psylocke wouldn't fade into the background especially if the X-Men roster isn't so big. Why do I keep telling that Prof X/Magneto/Jean/Mystique shouldn't appear in more movies after DOFP, because I want them to give room for new characters such as Psylocke.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 07-17-2013 at 10:57 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:08 PM   #250
Loki882
Side-Kick

Psylocke, Domino, Boom Boom, Wolfsbane, etc. There are so many great X-women who need their chance to shine onscreen. Spinoffs are a great way to do that (Yukio looks pretty cool in the footage of The Wolverine that I've seen).