The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #301
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

exactly. I never got why MS has artists like Meinerding or Granov working for them but never went the route of painted theatrical posters. Especially when the photoshopped ones were as sloppy and lazy as the TA or the IM3 poster

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 07-16-2013, 10:16 AM   #302
SpideyFan866
Banned User

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - P

Get Loki

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 07-16-2013, 10:44 AM   #303
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Indirectly, of course, but looks like Beta Ray Bill is getting closer and closer to the MCU:

DCMF posted a callsheet on CBM (now taken down) for some shooting scenes on GOTG in the UK. More details over on the GOTG thread for those interested in that movie, but Thor fans will be excited to hear that Ti Asha Ra is a character in one of the scenes. For those who don't know: Ti Asha Ra is the last female Korbinite --- i.e., Beta Ray Bill's people. Someone even posted a comic panel of her last page in this or another TDW thread, iirc.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 07-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #304
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

I hope BRB stays away for a while. No need to make Thor less unique just yet.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:40 AM   #305
Godzilla2000
Legendary Dragon Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Get Loki

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Dear sweet mother of Crassus...don't tempt the fangirls with the title of that video.

"We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all." The Breakfast Club

- It's easy to sell out and do things with no conscience all for the greed when you don't care about all the things that really matter in life.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:26 PM   #306
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
But isnt he Algrim before he becomes Kurse? If it's Heimdall then it doesnt really look like Elba to me, especially as Elba's Heimdall has a beard.
True, It probably IS Algrim. I was thinking that top Dark elf was Malekith and the lower face was Heimdal because all the other Dark elves' Faces are covered. The blue hue over the whole thing doesn't help any

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 07-16-2013, 12:28 PM   #307
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
They can adapt him into the MCU without making him a blatant ripoff.

Trust me, I used to be someone who thought the idea of him was utterly ridiculous. But who the hell wouldn't want to see he and Thor battle it out for possession of the Mjolnir?

Old 07-16-2013, 12:29 PM   #308
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I would rather they have Bill around in his Cyborg form longer than they did in the comics, and only BREIFLY allow him to use the power of Thor use save his people.

EDIT: tho I still think that BRB/Thor to ME at least is a COSMIC version of Thor

....to every King.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:49 PM   #309
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

Quote:
While I understand why you would say that, I don't think BRB makes Thor any less unique as they are still quite different characters. Someone was going to come along and pick up MJOLNIR eventually. I love the character and would love to see him, but I could understand waiting for a later film.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #310
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
wait is that poster a teaser to the actual poster? or is it THE poster?
Bottom right hand corner says it's concept art. The colors seem pretty dull to me, so hoping for something stronger for the movie poster.

Old 07-16-2013, 06:29 PM   #311
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
See that would be a great way to showcase Thor's strength. Show him getting into a match with Algrim with the both of them ripping it up strength wise. Then when Kurse comes on the scene we have a good criteria to judge how strong he has become.
I want Thor to decisively defeat Algrim though, I don't want it to be equal since Algrim needs a reason to get more powerful. I'd like for Algrim to put up a good match at the beginning, then I want Thor to overpower him and show that he's on another level than Algrim.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 07-16-2013, 06:47 PM   #312
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Well that's more or less what I meant. Have Thor vs. Algrim show big power moments from both, but we can tell before it's even over Thor is a monster when it comes to physical power. When Kurse shows up and can more than match his strength we see Thor unleash his other powers as well as be cunning.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:41 PM   #313
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

sounds good. Im not that familiar with Thor's extended rogues gallery. How do the hardcore Thor geeks feel about the choice of villain?

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Old 07-16-2013, 08:47 PM   #314
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
While I understand why you would say that, I don't think BRB makes Thor any less unique as they are still quite different characters. Someone was going to come along and pick up MJOLNIR eventually. I love the character and would love to see him, but I could understand waiting for a later film.
Quite a few individuals can pick up Thor's hammer. It would be interesting to see which of them will actually pick it up in the MCU.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:17 PM   #315
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
Quite a few individuals can pick up Thor's hammer. It would be interesting to see which of them will actually pick it up in the MCU.
Has to be BW. And she will do it without using her hands!

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Old 07-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #316
Ash Talon
Side-Kick

What if Jane dies in Dark World and goes to Hel? At the end, Thor heads into Hel to rescue her.

In Thor 3, Odin grants powers to Beta Ray Bill while Thor is away from Asgard.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:15 PM   #317
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Well that's more or less what I meant. Have Thor vs. Algrim show big power moments from both, but we can tell before it's even over Thor is a monster when it comes to physical power. When Kurse shows up and can more than match his strength we see Thor unleash his other powers as well as be cunning.
Oh yeah well when you put it like that I definately agree with you on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
sounds good. Im not that familiar with Thor's extended rogues gallery. How do the hardcore Thor geeks feel about the choice of villain?
I feel pretty good about it, I always wanted to see Kurse on the big screen and I'm stoked to see what they do with Malekith. I was initially hoping for Enchantress and Executioner as the main villains, but I'm satisfied woth the villains we got.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 07-16-2013, 11:16 PM   #318
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
I am cool with it. I like it, since it leads into Surtur.

I always envisioned this perfect trilogy conclusion, a movie with surtur as the main villain, bringing Ragnarok. Jormungand is mentioned in prophecy in Thor 2, and through out thor 3. Thor 3 is all about Surtur, Surtur is defeated, and for the last 20 minutes or so of the movie, in a fourth act, the serpent emerges after ragnarok wanting to destroy earth, and he and thor fight in a much similar manner to their fight in the Simmonson run..resulting in Thor's death (then revival for avengers 3) :P

Old 07-16-2013, 11:39 PM   #319
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Hey, folks, the Tonight Show just came on and Zachary Levi is going to be on. He's listed as an actor from Thor: The Dark World, so hopefully he's going to talk about the film. I normally don't watch Leno, but it came on after the news and I noticed Levi's name.

Old 07-17-2013, 12:20 AM   #320
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I am cool with it. I like it, since it leads into Surtur.

I always envisioned this perfect trilogy conclusion, a movie with surtur as the main villain, bringing Ragnarok. Jormungand is mentioned in prophecy in Thor 2, and through out thor 3. Thor 3 is all about Surtur, Surtur is defeated, and for the last 20 minutes or so of the movie, in a fourth act, the serpent emerges after ragnarok wanting to destroy earth, and he and thor fight in a much similar manner to their fight in the Simmonson run..resulting in Thor's death (then revival for avengers 3) :P
I HIGHLY doubt that we're going to get Surtur and Jormungand in Thor 3, but if we do I would love to see this.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 07-17-2013, 12:36 AM   #321
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Hey, folks, the Tonight Show just came on and Zachary Levi is going to be on. He's listed as an actor from Thor: The Dark World, so hopefully he's going to talk about the film. I normally don't watch Leno, but it came on after the news and I noticed Levi's name.
so did he say anything new?

Old 07-17-2013, 04:08 AM   #322
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Indirectly, of course, but looks like Beta Ray Bill is getting closer and closer to the MCU:

DCMF posted a callsheet on CBM (now taken down) for some shooting scenes on GOTG in the UK. More details over on the GOTG thread for those interested in that movie, but Thor fans will be excited to hear that Ti Asha Ra is a character in one of the scenes. For those who don't know: Ti Asha Ra is the last female Korbinite --- i.e., Beta Ray Bill's people. Someone even posted a comic panel of her last page in this or another TDW thread, iirc.
It was me and here it is for anyone that wants to see it again if you missed it the first time.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 07-17-2013, 04:56 AM   #323
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Live video feed for sdcc!
http://marvel.com/sdcc2013

....to every King.

Old 07-17-2013, 04:58 AM   #324
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Remember Bill had a Sphere with the lives/Essences of the Korbinites? THAT is what Big G is referring too. Read Saga of Stormbreaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
It was me and here it is for anyone that wants to see it again if you missed it the first time.

....to every King.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:24 AM   #325
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
so did he say anything new?
No, Zach said nothing about Darkworld, only the play he's in.

....to every King.

Closed Thread