The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

View Poll Results: Who should lead the X-Force?
Wolverine 2 6.06%
Cable 27 81.82%
Deadpool 2 6.06%
Other 2 6.06%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2013, 10:16 PM   #26
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The future, where else would I be?
Posts: 18,044
Default Re: Who should lead the X-Force?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
they could easily do a X-Force movie with 80m budget.

Its about fighting skills, guns, and some explossions here and there, like most thrillers/action movies.

Yeah, some mutants will have a complex power, but it doesnt need to be a over the top mutant movie, but more realistic in style and story.
Its very to easy that.

But like I said, would FOX and the producers want to spend 80 million for a X-Men film? They would be lowering themselves with that budget especially after DOFP. And FOX is not a studio like New Line Cinema, Lionsgate or Summit that would give their blockbuster/action sci-fi films less than 100 million.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ICEMAN | PORTRAYED BY SHAWN ASHMORE
"Welcome to mutant high" - X1
"Call me Iceman" - X2
"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:29 AM   #27
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,307
Default Re: Who should lead the X-Force?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I keep wondering if Wolverine will be in X-Force or whether he will stay with the X-Men.
they will get him in X-force, they may get him in to film for 2 weeks

it would be something new and exciting for jackman

maybe another 1 or 2 x-men also

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 07-16-2013 at 08:34 AM.
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:00 PM   #28
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,228
Default Re: Who should lead the X-Force?

Cable. But I have no problem with a Wolverine lead team. Cable should really have a big role in the film either way.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:07 PM   #29
Cherry
Side-Kick
 
Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 412
Default Re: Who should lead the X-Force?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
fox is much smarter with budget than most studios
Is that true? I'm not being snarky and am genuinely asking because I don't know. What are some examples?

Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:08 AM   #30
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,208
Default Re: Who should lead the X-Force?

Rise of the Planet of the Apes - 93 million
Chronicle - 12 million
Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Hunter - 93 Million
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader - 155 Million
Unstoppable - 100 Million
Wall Street:Money Never Sleeps - 70 Million
Knight & Day - 117 Million
A-Team - 110 Million
Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief - 95 Million
X-Men:First Class - 160 Million
Prometheus - 130 Million

to my recollection only movie that had a huge budget at Fox in recent memory have been Avatar

they dont just throw away 200 million budgets like Disney - lone ranger,john carter,Oz the Great and Powerful,Alice in Wonderland,Avengers,etc.

i am sure days of future past will have a 200 million budget tho or atleast close due to how big the film is

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:15 AM   #31
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 33,315
Default Re: Who should lead the X-Force?

Cable. Deadpool is laughable. It'll probably be Wolverine though

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:33 AM   #32
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Who should lead the X-Force?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
Rise of the Planet of the Apes - 93 million
Chronicle - 12 million
Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Hunter - 93 Million
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader - 155 Million
Unstoppable - 100 Million
Wall Street:Money Never Sleeps - 70 Million
Knight & Day - 117 Million
A-Team - 110 Million
Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief - 95 Million
X-Men:First Class - 160 Million
Prometheus - 130 Million

to my recollection only movie that had a huge budget at Fox in recent memory have been Avatar

they dont just throw away 200 million budgets like Disney - lone ranger,john carter,Oz the Great and Powerful,Alice in Wonderland,Avengers,etc.

i am sure days of future past will have a 200 million budget tho or atleast close due to how big the film is
from that list, Night and Day had a bit big budget for the type of movie it was. The rest are fine.

130 for Prometheus is surprising. That movie looked really really good visually. This just proves to me that XForce can easily have a 100m budget and they would get their money back.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #33
kasjan
Side-Kick
 
kasjan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,608
Default Re: Who should lead the X-Force?

Hope they won't go as fu.. Ultimate, and we won't see old Wolverine as Cable. That would be terrible.

kasjan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:31 AM   #34
marcvader
Lurker #1
 
marcvader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The MIA
Posts: 8,894
Default Re: Who should lead the X-Force?

Cable and no Wolverine for me. This is the X-Universe and not the Wolvie-Universe. They need to start weaning themselves from Wolverine a little bit.

__________________
* * *CAPTAIN AMERICA* * *
******THE WINTER SOLDIER******
__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:36 AM   #35
NanaT
X-Men United!
 
NanaT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 1,381
Default Re: Who should lead the X-Force?

I vote Cyclops. I'd like to see him lead a darker, morally ambiguous X-Team behind Storm and Prof X's back. Think it would be interesting.

__________________
X-MEN
Alone, You Are Mighty
Together, You Are LEGENDS!
- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
NanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:06 PM   #36
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The future, where else would I be?
Posts: 18,044
Default Re: Who should lead the X-Force?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
from that list, Night and Day had a bit big budget for the type of movie it was. The rest are fine.
Well it was a Tom Cruise action film.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ICEMAN | PORTRAYED BY SHAWN ASHMORE
"Welcome to mutant high" - X1
"Call me Iceman" - X2
"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:04 PM   #37
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches
 
Spider-Vader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 12,208
Default Re: Who should lead the X-Force?

Both Cable & Wolverine. They could have an interesting dynamic where they're both trying to lead the team in different ways & are always at each other's throats.

I love Uncanny X-Force, so I definitely want Fox to base the movie heavily on that series. Just add Cable, Psylocke & Warpath; remove Archangel since they haven gotten to him yet though

__________________
"Okay...This looks bad."
Spider-Vader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:37 AM   #38
Great Mind(s)
Broken
 
Great Mind(s)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gamma Quadrant
Posts: 4,037
Default Re: Who should lead the X-Force?

Why not have X-Force be the Archangel origin movie? And Age of Apocalypse be the huge event film where he redeems himself...

Great Mind(s) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:10 PM   #39
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The future, where else would I be?
Posts: 18,044
Default Re: Who should lead the X-Force?

They already introduced Angel / Warren in X3, I think they should bring him back in X5 and at the end let Apocalypse capture him, then in X6, transform him to Archangel. I don't see why it has to happen in a X-Force movie.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ICEMAN | PORTRAYED BY SHAWN ASHMORE
"Welcome to mutant high" - X1
"Call me Iceman" - X2
"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:27 PM   #40
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 33,315
Default Re: Who should lead the X-Force?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
They already introduced Angel / Warren in X3, I think they should bring him back in X5 and at the end let Apocalypse capture him, then in X6, transform him to Archangel. I don't see why it has to happen in a X-Force movie.
Aint nobody got time for all time

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:57 PM   #41
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,228
Default Re: Who should lead the X-Force?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Why not have X-Force be the Archangel origin movie? And Age of Apocalypse be the huge event film where he redeems himself...
If it's Logans covert team he could fund it. and if Apocalypse and Psylocke are in it then things could get pretty friggen epic for Warren.

He's as good a choice as any imo.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:19 PM   #42
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The future, where else would I be?
Posts: 18,044
Default Re: Who should lead the X-Force?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Aint nobody got time for all time
How do you know?

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ICEMAN | PORTRAYED BY SHAWN ASHMORE
"Welcome to mutant high" - X1
"Call me Iceman" - X2
"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:19 AM   #43
josh8
Side-Kick
 
josh8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,644
Default Re: Who should lead the X-Force?

I never liked X-Force when it was the "para-military" X-Men book. Cable is such a complicated character that I don't know if I ever want him in film mode. The comics have all the time and editions to tell stories that stray from the main themes of the X-Men and their world. The movies on the other hand need to stay within the context of mutant/human relations IMO.

So I would go for Uncanny X-Force... it can tie so much better to the world that the X-Men movies has developed. And my choice for leaders would be Psylocke and Archangel. Their star-crossed love affair from Uncanny X-Force Vol. 1 was so amazing.

josh8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:23 AM   #44
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,228
Default Re: Who should lead the X-Force?

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
So I would go for Uncanny X-Force... it can tie so much better to the world that the X-Men movies has developed. And my choice for leaders would be Psylocke and Archangel. Their star-crossed love affair from Uncanny X-Force Vol. 1 was so amazing.
UXF is the best written X-Force book no question about it. One of the best scenes and panels I've ever read in comics was when Psylcoke goes into Warrens mind to ease his death.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:11 AM   #45
josh8
Side-Kick
 
josh8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,644
Default Re: Who should lead the X-Force?

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
UXF is the best written X-Force book no question about it. One of the best scenes and panels I've ever read in comics was when Psylcoke goes into Warrens mind to ease his death.
Agreed! That sequence was beautiful and heartbreaking. Such a great achievement in comic book storytelling.

As I said before, the story needs to be grounded in the mutant struggle and not revolve around the back from the future lovechild of a dead character and a clone of dead character's dead girlfriend haha. Days of Our Mutant Lives! I'm actually not that cynical about a possible movie with Cable in it (as I know any story can be made to be compelling), I just would not prefer it.

josh8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:09 AM   #46
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 33,315
Default Re: Who should lead the X-Force?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
How do you know?
that's a saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
Agreed! That sequence was beautiful and heartbreaking. Such a great achievement in comic book storytelling.

As I said before, the story needs to be grounded in the mutant struggle and not revolve around the back from the future lovechild of a dead character and a clone of dead character's dead girlfriend haha. Days of Our Mutant Lives! I'm actually not that cynical about a possible movie with Cable in it (as I know any story can be made to be compelling), I just would not prefer it.
Considering Days of a Future Past is already dealing with time travel, that gives them an opening for Cable in X-force. All that complicated stuff can be introduced in DoFP to get it out of the way with. Heck the film could possibly end with a teaser of him in this timeline as a result of those events. Bringing Maddie into this is unnecessary and his background would most likely be simplified and any connection to Cyclops/Jean doesn't need to be mentioned.


Last edited by Havok83; 07-20-2013 at 05:13 AM.
Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:16 PM   #47
BlackFox
Burn baby burn!
 
BlackFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: out of sight
Posts: 3,903
Default Re: Who should lead the X-Force?

Wolverine no doubt about it should lead this team.

__________________
FLAME ON!
BlackFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.