The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 01:21 AM   #726
Loki882
Side-Kick

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!)

I'll watch TB until the end (it's violent, bloody, tasteless, and I get to see Anna naked on a regular basis). I hope we get more comic book Rogue this time (she was fine in X1 (as the POV character like Kitty/Jubilee are in the comics) and was becoming more confident, assertive, and playful in X2, but they took a dump on her character in X3). TB proves that Anna can play comic book Rogue if given the chance.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:34 AM   #727
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
People always say this but still FC ended up as the lowest X-Men film. People just don't watch X-Men movies just to watch the up and coming stars. I'm telling you if those five actors from First Class star in their own X-Men film again w/o the original cast, I doubt it would even hit the 200million mark at domestic box-office.
If the original cast starred in an X-Men movie without Wolverine, I doubt it would hit those numbers either.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:53 AM   #728
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Another FC film would do better because the main 4 are upcoming stars and FC was very well received and loads of people didnt even see it at the cinema expecting it to be bad but watched it at home and loved it, and unlike origins which people would rather forget people have taken FC to heart

Mark my words it would do better

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 07-18-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:19 AM   #729
Angamb
Banned User

Im 100% sure about it.

and Fox could easily add a few big names on the sequel too, along with hot new upcoming actors for Scott and Jean.

People thinking otherwise dont have a real perspective.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #730
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Im 100% sure about it.

People thinking otherwise dont have a real perspective.
My God!

Old 07-18-2013, 10:30 AM   #731
Angamb
Banned User

I think I might use the Ignore option again

I cant with some users closed minds on here lol

Old 07-18-2013, 10:36 AM   #732
Melapi
Side-Kick

The may be upcoming actors, but when you talk about X-men and characters like Magneto, Xavier or Mystique people immediatily thinks in Stewart, McKellen and Romijn, not Fassbender & Cia. OC are the X-men, FC are just trying to fill their shoes.

If they keep making FC movies, then ok. Is a good way to kill time while waiting for the real show, and there is were their box office lies.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:43 AM   #733
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melapi View Post
The may be upcoming actors, but when you talk about X-men and characters like Magneto, Xavier or Mystique people immediatily thinks in Stewart, McKellen and Romijn, not Fassbender & Cia. OC are the X-men, FC are just trying to fill their shoes.

If they keep making FC movies, then ok. Is a good way to kill time while waiting for the real show, and there is were their box office lies.
Wow give it up

fassbender is seen just as much magneto as mckellen

Old 07-18-2013, 10:50 AM   #734
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I think I might use the Ignore option again

I cant with some users closed minds on here lol
I agree!

Old 07-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #735
Angamb
Banned User

and should we mention.... what's her name...... mmm.... Jen.... how it was?... Jen..... Jennifer Lawrence?

the f***** star of Hunger Games saga and Oscar Winner?

this is an endless discussion. it makes no sense to keep posting and posting about it, when some users wont ever understand and accept the real potential of FC series.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:52 AM   #736
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melapi View Post

Old 07-18-2013, 11:01 AM   #737
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

If DOFP Is the hugh success It appears to be part of It Is becasue the return of OT cast.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #738
NanaT
X-Men United!

I truly do not understand why we are arguing this now. (not to mention this completely the wrong thread to argue about this.)

There are fans of both First Class and the Original Trilogy and we now know that there will be sequels featuring both casts so this argument is now essentially redundant. So LET IT GO!!! and Give Anna/Rogue back her thread.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 07-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #739
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
I truly do not understand why we are arguing this now. (not to mention this completely the wrong thread to argue about this.)

There are fans of both First Class and the Original Trilogy and we now know that there will be sequels featuring both casts so this argument is now essentially redundant. So LET IT GO!!! and Give Anna/Rogue back her thread.
THIS ^^

Old 07-18-2013, 11:58 AM   #740
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

I find both sides of this debate insufferable. Kudos guys.

Back on topic, Paquin's return is probably the most exciting to me. I'm trying to manage my expectations because I doubt she'll have too big a role, but I can't wait to see her again.

Old 07-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #741
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
I find both sides of this debate insufferable. Kudos guys.

Back on topic, Paquin's return is probably the most exciting to me. I'm trying to manage my expectations because I doubt she'll have too big a role, but I can't wait to see her again.
I think Rogue will be one of the most surprising characters in this. She along with Magneto and Colossus are the only OT members not to have twitter BTS photo so we basically have no idea what she will look like and given that she may have quite a small role it means whatever role she does play will be important as bryan said that each character serves a purpose. She I'm sure is definitely one to watch for.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 07-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #742
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

i just hope they don't go the kitty and iceman love story by i dunno having rogue left the X-men because they got together or something like that

Old 07-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #743
Loki882
Side-Kick

That love triangle was awful and torpedoed all of Rogue's character growth from the first two movies. Also, it wasn't even true love triangle since Bobby had no romantic feelings for Kitty (they were friends). He was nothing but loving, patient, understanding, and supportive of Rogue through all three movies and in X3, they wrote her as this jealous insecure *****, which I hated (and felt bad for Anna to).

Old 07-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #744
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Well no to be fair there was a deleted scene where Bobby and Kitty kissed on the ice skating pond... so they filmed it originally with Bobby having feelings for Kitty and cheating on Rogue...

Should have ended it with Rogue at the cure place and meeting a handsome grungy guy in the alley way who gives her an illuminated queen of hearts. Then she ditches the cure and the x-men and hops on his motorcycle.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:07 PM   #745
Loki882
Side-Kick

Thank god that they cut that out, I don't need both of them coming across like jerks. Rogue taking the cure was the biggest bunch of BS I've ever seen. She should have certainly thought about it, maybe even almost taken it, but ultimately not taken it. She took it for such petty reasons (even Wolverine warned her about it). She had already learned in X1/X2 that though her powers can be a burden, she can also use them to help people (she'd have died twice in X1 if it weren't for her powers). Hopefully, we get a badass Rogue in DOFP.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #746
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Yeah there's also a deleted scene where she doesn't take the cure.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #747
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

based on Information It appears
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Rogue has to be found after something happens to Kitty to absorb her powers to get Wolverine back to present.So It seems like they Is a critial role for her to play regardless of her actual screentime

Evan if most of her screentime Is with Iceman I doudt we will be getting much on Iceman/Rogue love story since I doudt the future scenes will give us much time for romance.

I am hoping for a bit of wolverine/Rogue screentime.If Rogue could share screen with Xaier or storm or Kitty that would be fine too.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:20 PM   #748
Loki882
Side-Kick

You could just have a quick shot of them kissing, or in bed with each other (that would be sufficient to let us know that they're still a couple, it doesn't have to be a big thing).

Old 07-18-2013, 01:25 PM   #749
Melapi
Side-Kick

It's like Rogue is no longer in the X-men. I hope they play it cool and give her an interesting new life.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:38 PM   #750
Mars123
Side-Kick

I wonder whether rogue and I've man will even be an item I think they would have broken up as a result of her getting cured and ice a will be with kitty. Lets make rogue an independent strong female character! Especially if she has limited screen time!

Closed Thread