The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #751
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!)

I was thinking she could be imprisoned in a mutant camp...and they have to break her out.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:44 PM   #752
dmc
Side-Kick

I hope that somehow Rogue is rewritten to be the badass hottie she is in the cartoon and comics

Old 07-18-2013, 01:44 PM   #753
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

i can see them havin rogue just leave tbh, dno what it means for iceman and rogues relationship

Old 07-18-2013, 02:04 PM   #754
Loki882
Side-Kick

Watch True Blood, Anna could pull it off (and does frequently on that show).

Old 07-18-2013, 02:06 PM   #755
Loki882
Side-Kick

You can be a strong female character and still have a boyfriend, ther'are not mutually exclusive scenarios.

Old 07-18-2013, 05:09 PM   #756
Melapi
Side-Kick

OK, today I have good news. It looks like TB events for Comic Con can allow Anna to be at Fox panel if she doesn't greet fans after TB panel . Maybe they'll do interviews in the morning.

http://www.inside-true-blood-blog.co...comic-con.html

Old 07-18-2013, 05:13 PM   #757
Angamb
Banned User

great!!!!!

She HAS to attend X-Men panel, its ROGUE what we're talking about! lol

Old 07-18-2013, 08:47 PM   #758
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I can't wait to see a picture from her!!!

Please release one now FOX!

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 07-18-2013, 08:49 PM   #759
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melapi View Post
The may be upcoming actors, but when you talk about X-men and characters like Magneto, Xavier or Mystique people immediatily thinks in Stewart, McKellen and Romijn, not Fassbender & Cia. OC are the X-men, FC are just trying to fill their shoes.

If they keep making FC movies, then ok. Is a good way to kill time while waiting for the real show, and there is were their box office lies.
I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
If the original cast starred in an X-Men movie without Wolverine, I doubt it would hit those numbers either.
And like I said before Wolverine with the X-Men sells more than Wolverine himself and the X-Men w/o Wolverine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
If DOFP Is the hugh success It appears to be part of It Is becasue the return of OT cast.
Quoted for Truth!

Old 07-18-2013, 09:33 PM   #760
Loki882
Side-Kick

I don't think there is a question that the OC returning is a big draw. However, lets not sell the FC cast short, they have James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, and Jennifer Lawrence who are all extremely popular right now.

Old 07-18-2013, 09:39 PM   #761
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I don't think there is a question that the OC returning is a big draw. However, lets not sell the FC cast short, they have James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, and Jennifer Lawrence who are all extremely popular right now.
that is very true

before first class i never heard of fassbender but then he started appearing in every new movie and now all i hear is people talk about him

jennifer lawrence has become huge since hunger games

and McAvoy is a growing star

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 07-18-2013 at 09:46 PM.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:23 PM   #762
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Umm seriously if you combine the star power of those four to the star power of Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Hugh Jackman and Halle Berry. They aren't a big deal. So far, James McAvoy hasn't portrayed a character that is very well-known to the general public. He's not known for playing the younger version of Prof X. Nicholas Hoult isn't a big actor yet, he just happened to have movies. Michael Fassbender gets buzz when he earned nominations and the Prometheus film, but he's no Hugh Jackman. Jennifer Lawrence is the only big star out of those four.

While the core four of the OT - Patrick Stewart is well-known for his role in Star Trek Generations and when people see Patrick Stewart people automatically say "Thats Professor X!". Halle/Hugh/Ian are also popular with the X-Men characters that they are portraying. Then Ian has The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings. Hugh Jackman is one of the biggest actors at the moment. Halle, is a tabloid favorite and even if she doesn't have a lot of big films for the past few years, the press still sees her as an A-List actress/celebrity.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:33 PM   #763
Loki882
Side-Kick

Michael Fassbender was in two summer blockbusters and a critically acclaimed drama in 2012, I'd say he's a pretty big deal. Lawrence just won a best actress Oscar and was nominated for another one at the age of 17. McAvoy has been in popular movies like Wanted and Atonement. These are not exactly unknowns (what has Halle done of note recently).

Old 07-18-2013, 10:38 PM   #764
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

It will be so interesting to see how long Bryan keeps people guessing and speculating about Anna's role in this film. Many articles are buzzing as to why he's not showing anything of her.

I still believe it's because she hasn't filmed anything yet. Hopefully, that will all be cleared up on Saturday. Bryan has been so picture happy with everyone from the cast with the exception of Paquin. The odd thing is she hasn't even been photographed working on set or off set. The entire Rogue plotline is such a mystery.

I'm hoping it's because she will have a larger role than what we expect. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:41 PM   #765
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Michael Fassbender was in two summer blockbusters and a critically acclaimed drama in 2012, I'd say he's a pretty big deal. Lawrence just won a best actress Oscar and was nominated for another one at the age of 17. McAvoy has been in popular movies like Wanted and Atonement. These are not exactly unknowns (what has Halle done of note recently).
Still no one is considering James McAvoy a big star unlike with Halle Berry.

Just because someone is booking more jobs and having more successful films, it doesn't mean that they are already bigger.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:44 PM   #766
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminata View Post
It will be so interesting to see how long Bryan keeps people guessing and speculating about Anna's role in this film. Many articles are buzzing as to why he's not showing anything of her.

I still believe it's because she hasn't filmed anything yet. Hopefully, that will all be cleared up on Saturday. Bryan has been so picture happy with everyone from the cast with the exception of Paquin. The odd thing is she hasn't even been photographed working on set or off set. The entire Rogue plotline is such a mystery.

I'm hoping it's because she will have a larger role than what we expect. Keeping my fingers crossed.
I love your thinking.

I think she will have a decent role, while not big, but Im sure she will shine 10 times more than on previous movies, even if she only has 3 scenes. But if those scenes are really memorable, most of us will be pleased.

Right now want, I just need to see her looking really sexy, to get me sooo excited, and once the movie comes, I want to feel her role and be surprised with her action moments.

Last edited by Angamb; 07-18-2013 at 10:57 PM.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:52 PM   #767
Loki882
Side-Kick

Watch True Blood, Anna is sexy all the time in that show.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:58 PM   #768
Angamb
Banned User

I watch it! lol

thats why I NEED Anna to look sexier than EVER on this movie. All the hate to her would dissapear (a bit) if Singer gives her the perfect look, along with one or two EPIC action moments.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:26 PM   #769
Loki882
Side-Kick

X3 messed up her character big time. Since Singer was actually doing character development for Rogue in the first two movies, then he would be the logical choice to redeem her.

Old 07-19-2013, 03:38 AM   #770
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
I think Rogue will be one of the most surprising characters in this. She along with Magneto and Colossus are the only OT members not to have twitter BTS photo so we basically have no idea what she will look like and given that she may have quite a small role it means whatever role she does play will be important as bryan said that each character serves a purpose. She I'm sure is definitely one to watch for.
With the new pics today, now we really need a pic of Rogue!

Old 07-19-2013, 04:45 AM   #771
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Umm seriously if you combine the star power of those four to the star power of Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Hugh Jackman and Halle Berry. They aren't a big deal. So far, James McAvoy hasn't portrayed a character that is very well-known to the general public. He's not known for playing the younger version of Prof X. Nicholas Hoult isn't a big actor yet, he just happened to have movies. Michael Fassbender gets buzz when he earned nominations and the Prometheus film, but he's no Hugh Jackman. Jennifer Lawrence is the only big star out of those four.

While the core four of the OT - Patrick Stewart is well-known for his role in Star Trek Generations and when people see Patrick Stewart people automatically say "Thats Professor X!". Halle/Hugh/Ian are also popular with the X-Men characters that they are portraying. Then Ian has The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings. Hugh Jackman is one of the biggest actors at the moment. Halle, is a tabloid favorite and even if she doesn't have a lot of big films for the past few years, the press still sees her as an A-List actress/celebrity.
Stop going out of your way to sell the FC cast short. McAvoy never played anyone the general public knows? Bull. You know that well known story called Chronicles of Narnia, in which he just happened to play the popular character of Mr. Tumnus? How's that for a well known role. He's also plenty well known for the lead of Wesley in Wanted, as well as Leto Atraides II in the adaptation of the popular Dune series.

Old 07-19-2013, 05:52 AM   #772
Melapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post

Plus you have Ellen Page which is that pop icon called Juno and was also nominated for an Oscar as a fan favorite, Anna Paquin which portraits another pop icon called Sookie Stackhouse and is the second younger Oscar winner, and Famke Janssen was Xenia Onatopp, one of the best Bond girls of all the times, and right now she's at the top of her game with Taken, Hanssel & Grettel and her L'Oreal contract. All of them were upcoming actors... many years ago, now they're consolidated actors and stars.

I'm not saying FC are bad, in fact Fassbender is one of my favorite actors, but they can't compite with the big guys in this saga. I'm feeling the OC is the one being put down.

Nowadays coming back to Anna, Why can't we see a photo of hers? I really want all this silence is because they have something big for her.

Quote:
Watch True Blood, Anna could pull it off (and does frequently on that show).
There was no need to wait until 2008 and watch her in TB, she proved her sexiness and fierceness tons of times before TB like in 2000 with Almost Famous, in 2001 with Buffalo Soldiers, in 2002 with the 25th Hour or in 2005 with The Squid and the Whale, but for some reason they didn't take note for X-men.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:02 AM   #773
DOFP
Side-Kick

Well, I was doing a little thinking and remember when Bryan posted a video of the cast chairs and there wasn't one for Rogue, well I kinda made me think that maybe the rumors about her might be true, she won't appear till the end. And also, all the xmen that we have seen have their uniforms, and we haven't seen not one with the prisoner's uniform, . . . So maybe she is the one of the few captured? (Along with blink, sunspot? Maybe?)

Old 07-19-2013, 07:17 AM   #774
Mars123
Side-Kick

Maybe she still has some filming to do?! Maybe they'll bring some OT after they finished with the FC?!

Old 07-19-2013, 07:20 AM   #775
Angamb
Banned User

she could be a prisoner, but she wont be just a cameo as some are afraid.

Singer announced her right after Hugh Jackman, along with Shawn and Ellen, so no way he announced her if her role was just a quick cameo or for just one scene.

He would have kept her a secret until next year. Singer isnt the type of director that announce cameos. That only leads to dissapointment, because it makes the fans expect much more.

Closed Thread