The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Old 07-12-2013, 06:22 PM   #51
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

If Hayley were playing Sharon in TWS I would actually embrace the lesser Carter's inclusion in the film. Going from Hayley to any other actress will definitely feel like a step down. (I do like Johansson as Black Widow, however, and would love to see a Steve/Natasha romance.)

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #52
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wontkins View Post
I actually think its creepy that you guys want Hayley Atwell to play Sharon Carter... yeah she did a great job as Peggy but come on...
It is creepy, weird, and delusional.

Atwell is great, but yes, come on. Reality check.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:47 PM   #53
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Man, you guys really don't like Emily Van Camp.... not sure why... she's on par with Atwell I think... i think I'll go watch me some revenge .....

peterparker0077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:05 PM   #54
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I think the problem is with Van Camp is that from all the material we've seen it looks like she might not have that prominent a role in the movie. Not to mention there are a ton of characters in this movie to juggle around so they might just take a step back on the whole Cap/Sharon Carter romance thing for now anyway.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:21 PM   #55
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
I think the problem is with Van Camp is that from all the material we've seen it looks like she might not have that prominent a role in the movie. Not to mention there are a ton of characters in this movie to juggle around so they might just take a step back on the whole Cap/Sharon Carter romance thing for now anyway.
She's also not credited as a main character on wikipedia (which may not be reliable) while BW is.

Old 07-12-2013, 10:41 PM   #56
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
She's also not credited as a main character on wikipedia (which may not be reliable) while BW is.
Wikipedia is not always reliable for cast listings so I wouldn't use them as your only source.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:50 AM   #57
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's probably it, but it kind of ticks me off that the character's usability is tied to her being the main character's squeeze.

It's like, in the comics she's one of SHIELD's best agents, at one point she was Director of SHIELD. But because she was introduced to be a love interest, and they might not have any intention of using her as such for the moment, they don't feel like using her in a major role in a movie chock full of SHILED agents in major roles.

On the other hand, and speaking of love interests, how cool is it that Peggy is getting her own movie? Her purpose WAS to be the love interest, but through sheer charisma (and good writing) Hayley made her a captivating character in her own right that people became interested in telling her own story. That's pretty awesome.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:35 AM   #58
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wontkins View Post
I actually think its creepy that you guys want Hayley Atwell to play Sharon Carter...
Quote:
It is creepy, weird, and delusional.
I have a cool idea... let's try and discredit other people's opinions by handwaving them away as creepy and delusional! That's an awesome and totally rationale way of getting our personal feelings across, and illustrates just how mature we truly are in our online discussions.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:12 AM   #59
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Personally, I think it is awesome that Marvel would put so much money for an Agent Carter short just as an exclusive for the IM3 Blu-Ray content. This seems very much like a fanservice for us, and by no means do they have to do it since IM3 will sell itself anyway, but it's still pretty awesome for them to give it to us.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:36 AM   #60
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
I have a cool idea... let's try and discredit other people's opinions by handwaving them away as creepy and delusional! That's an awesome and totally rationale way of getting our personal feelings across, and illustrates just how mature we truly are in our online discussions.
Seems par for the course in the Cap threads. A bunch of people jumped my **** many moons ago about Steve Rogers dating Peggy Carter's granddaughter/niece/whatever as "creepy" and incestuous; I responded a few weeks ago with comments about Steve getting frisky with Old Peggy in the old folks' home as being "creepy" May-December; still got my **** jumped.

No matter who Steve ends up with in this movie --- Sharon, Peggy, or Natasha --- *somebody* is going to go ape**** over it. He's got three of the most beautiful actresses working today lined up, and he can't nail any of them without somebody getting outraged and offended.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:44 AM   #61
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Wikipedia is not always reliable for cast listings so I wouldn't use them as your only source.
It was reliable for IM3, when they put Killian and Hansen above The Mandarin. I thought it was just a mistake....but it wasn't.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #62
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Yeah its not creepy. Its a completely unprecedented situation actually, so of course its kinda weird. But not creepy. Cap's a busy man so he's gonna take his chances when they're available. No indication this will happen, but its hardly a long-shot.

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:16 AM   #63
Axl Van Sixx
Comrade

Emily Van Camp has been so downplayed I feel like her role will basically be equivalent to Maria Hill's in The Avengers, i.e. a minor supporting character.

"We know the freedom that argues against communism is the freedom to enslave and the freedom to exploit."—Blanqui

IMT supporter
Axl Van Sixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:35 PM   #64
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
So is it immature to be creeped out by something, or is it hypocritical to handwave people with different opinions as immature handwavers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Van Sixx View Post
Emily Van Camp has been so downplayed I feel like her role will basically be equivalent to Maria Hill's in The Avengers, i.e. a minor supporting character.
That's a safe bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Yeah its not creepy. Its a completely unprecedented situation actually, so of course its kinda weird. But not creepy. Cap's a busy man so he's gonna take his chances when they're available. No indication this will happen, but its hardly a long-shot.
Except it's not completely unprecedented. People have moved on and dated their ex's granddaughters/grandnieces before. It's just that this time, he doesn't look like an old man next to her. So it's only slightly less creepy than usual.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:09 PM   #65
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
So is it immature to be creeped out by something
No, it's immature to call other posters creepy, weird and delusional over a discussion about a relationship between fictional characters, which is what was going on. Maybe you can try reading the entire conversation next time.

- Ryōkan

Old 07-19-2013, 10:12 PM   #66
xeno000
Raining hell from above

EW.com has a clip from Agent Carter, featuring Peggy in badass mode: http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/07/1...-agent-carter/

Old 07-19-2013, 10:20 PM   #67
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

hotdamn

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:25 PM   #68
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

God, can she have her own movie please?

- Ryōkan

Old 07-19-2013, 10:25 PM   #69
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Now I want to see a whole movie of secret agent Peggy, beating the hell out of bad guys without mussing a hair on her head. She's Marvel's first superheroine.

Old 07-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #70
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Now I want to see a whole movie of secret agent Peggy, beating the hell out of bad guys without mussing a hair on her head. She's Marvel's first superheroine.
There's some mileage to be had there. Peggy and her hand-picked team of badass spy-hunters cleaning up Hydra remnants and other early threats. Howard Stark and select Howling Commandoes as a supporting cast. Maybe evn introduce a few of the Invaders while you're at it.

I don't know if the general audiences would go for it but I sure as heck would.

- Ryōkan

Old 07-19-2013, 10:53 PM   #71
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Maybe they should do an Agent Carter and the Howling Commandoes as every Marvel One-Shot. I sure wouldn't get tired of them.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:12 AM   #72
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Maybe they should do an Agent Carter and the Howling Commandoes as every Marvel One-Shot. I sure wouldn't get tired of them.

I'd be all for a Marvel Golden Age TV series featuring Peggy and the Howlers. Hell, I'd even be happy if Cap wasn't even in it, and the series was post-WWII Cold War era.

Also, someone tweeted a mild spoiler about the full One-Shot:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
They said that Zodiac, the "maguffin" in Peggy's One-Shot, is now "out there in the Marvel Universe, so they can use it again if they want." Whatever that means.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:13 AM   #73
flickchick85
Loose Seal

This is honestly the first time I've been hyped about one of their one-shots. Peggy is my favorite female character in the MCU thus far, so it sucks that she's the only one with definite limited prospects in the movies. This short is more than I thought we'd ever get, so that's something.

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110
flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:14 AM   #74
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Have you guys read the front site news on Agent Carter? I'm very encouraged by this part of the story:

Quote:
We won't say where "Agent Carter" winds up, but it's safe to say that Peggy Carter has quite a potential future in the Marvel cinematic universe. In fact, it was Marvel Studios executive producer Victoria Alonso who shouted out during the Q&A, "Will you do the TV series, Hayley?"

"Well, if the scripts are good," smiled Atwell, before turning to the writer sitting next to her and offering a faux glare. "Eric."
I hope we'll get a TV show based on Peggy Carter for real in the future.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:18 AM   #75
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
This is honestly the first time I've been hyped about one of their one-shots. Peggy is my favorite female character in the MCU thus far, so it sucks that she's the only one with definite limited prospects in the movies. This short is more than I thought we'd ever get, so that's something.
Same. The one-shots have seemed relatively pointless in the past. This is the first one to actually get me amped up.

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote