The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Comics

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2013, 09:17 PM   #851
runawayboulder
#TheFappening
 
runawayboulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 17,418
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 1

I wonder if Slott already has his "out" planned? I'm assuming it will be scientific and not mystic because anytime magical stuff is in Spidey's it falls flat.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is offline  
Old 07-19-2013, 10:38 PM   #852
tw9876z
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: VCU
Posts: 853
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Gnome View Post
Sometimes, I'm afraid to read your speculation, because it comes so close to what happens. But, if Pete somehow turns out to be the Goblin King, that would be AWESOME!

I mean Ock as Spidey vs. Pete as Goblin (and maybe Norman)? That would be EPIC!
I think this will happen too. The green goblin is just being played out way too slowly for it not to be a set up. But what I think people are missing is this:

There will be a major battle between Peter as Green Goblin and SpOck. What will happen though is Carlie will die in a way which is reminiscent of Gwens death. SpOck will murder Carlie to protect his identity while fighting Peter over the Spider-man body. This will lead to a major duel where they switch bodies and Ock is now in the body of Green Goblin.

This will lead to Green Goblin knowing who Spider-Man is again and that the memories SpOck erased from the gold octobot were those of a comatose Osbourn.

The whole Carlie knowing the truth and Peter as the goblin will intersect at this point where superior ends. Both of those subplots are playing out very slowly over the series and will be the overall arc of Superior. Peter will return to a damaged life and the guilt of Carlies death on his hands. And Otto will have a new vendetta against spider-man and have the resources of Osbourn at his disposal. This vendetta against Spider-man will have him return to the role of villain and combine two of Spider-mans biggest enemies into one.


I also forsee a huge battle between both SpOcks minions and Peter Goblins forces in a war like fashion while pete and otto fight. After they switch bodies I kinda hope that Peter makes a comment about how is he going to tell the minions they are out of a job out loud to himself but that SpOck has a radio in the mask so the whole spider-army hears him. something to show the return of parker luck and humor in one moment. THe moment the smoke has cleared from the fight he should make a classic quip.

Edit: Peter Goblin will have some plan as to break his criminal forces apart and not let Otto inherit those when then swap. How he would do this I cannot figure out.

__________________
"I need to return some video tapes" - Bateman

"Well did you hear, theres a natural order. Those most deserving will end up with the most. That the cream cannot help but rise up to the top. Well I say s*** floats" - jarvis cocker

Last edited by tw9876z; 07-19-2013 at 10:52 PM.
tw9876z is offline  
Old 07-20-2013, 01:44 AM   #853
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!
 
Doc Ock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 8,036
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 1

I really like your theories nerd and tw! Itsounds so nicely constructed I could see Slott doing it! But I think it may be in for different surprises that would be equally as amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanofbat View Post
Peter Parker: The Superior Spider-Man

That's fantastic. I'd love it. Or but "Real" or "True" between The and Superior.

__________________
Hail HydraSinestro!
The Winter Soldier - 9/10 | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 6.5/10 | Days of Future Past - 9/10 | TMNT - ???? | Guardians of the Galaxy - 10/10
Doc Ock is offline  
Old 07-20-2013, 04:07 AM   #854
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight
 
Donald Thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Big Island of Hawaii
Posts: 4,300
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanofbat View Post
I would think it has at least 50 issues in it... 100 tops...

If it goes beyond that, maybe what Marvel says is true...

Aloha,
I still think it's going to last until around the time of the next movie. Millions of dollars in advertising is going to be spent on the title The Amazing Spider-Man, when people go to Marvel for a comic book of that name if they can't find it, it's a missed marketing opportunity. This happened when the first X-Men movie came out and Heads rolled at Marvel because they didn't think to tie in the movie marketing with their comics.
Spidey rules

Donald Thomas is offline  
Old 07-20-2013, 06:50 AM   #855
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...
 
Themanofbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: With your Mom in Moncton, NB, Canada
Posts: 39,370
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Thomas View Post
Aloha,
I still think it's going to last until around the time of the next movie. Millions of dollars in advertising is going to be spent on the title The Amazing Spider-Man, when people go to Marvel for a comic book of that name if they can't find it, it's a missed marketing opportunity. This happened when the first X-Men movie came out and Heads rolled at Marvel because they didn't think to tie in the movie marketing with their comics.
Spidey rules
How does something like this happen?


__________________
Alea Jacta Est

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Themanofbat is offline  
Old 07-20-2013, 07:50 AM   #856
runawayboulder
#TheFappening
 
runawayboulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: On the edge
Posts: 17,418
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanofbat View Post
How does something like this happen?

It didn't because it's not entirely true. They did the "Revolution" revamp of the line in 2000 right when the movie came out because of the new movie. The X-Men just came off of The Twelve storyline, which was the culmination of a lot of long running plotlines, so they hired Chris Claremont back on both X-Men titles. The covers even said on them "The comic that inspired the movie". The problem was, Claremont's stories were as convoluted as ever and the run was poorly received. That's when Marvel went after Morrison for New X-Men.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
This is a message board...no one killed your mother or had sex with your dog.....try to move on in life.
runawayboulder is offline  
Old 07-20-2013, 08:22 AM   #857
KaineMorrison
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
He was in an issue of Avenging Spider-Man. He took over one of Mr. Sinister's labs.
Ok, not what I meant... :-p
I was trying to allude to his being around is probably a way for Peter to come back...

 
Old 07-20-2013, 08:29 AM   #858
KaineMorrison
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 1

*edit...double post*


Last edited by KaineMorrison; 07-20-2013 at 08:32 AM.
 
Old 07-20-2013, 08:31 AM   #859
KaineMorrison
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
Well, the stuff Dan Slott hinted in his interview with Comic Book Resources and in the one he gave at Newsarama regarding "the lasting effects on Spider-Man, the cast, and the rest of the Marvel Universe," the "heart breaking" developments, and "the lasting effects," I'm guessing the following possible developments which I'm sure somebody will tell me I'm wrong, wrong, wrong.

*After teaming-up with Miquel O'Hara to save Tiberius Stone, SpOck double-crosses him and kills Stone, believing it's the "responsible" thing to do in order to prevent him from founding Alchemex. This, of course, results in the 2099 timeline being erased from existence. However, due to some "whibly-wobbly, timey-whimy," Miquel O'Hara is able to survive being erased himself and winds up stuck in the present day with no way of getting back home to his original time. This, of course, allows for the possibility of a new Spider-Man 2099 series should Marvel choose to have one.

*SpOck, on the verge of completing his doctorate as Peter, goes to Max Modell and reveals that he secretly purchased the majority of the Horizon Labs stock, thus making him the actual owner of Horizon Labs. And as his first act, he fires Modell from his own company and makes himself the new CEO and relocates the headquarters of Horizon Labs to "Spider-Island II."

*Upon encountering the Black Cat, SpOck, because he no longer has Peter's memories, will treat her just like any other criminal, and thus she will feel betrayed that "her Spider" now "hates" her so much, probably blaming herself for "driving him away."

*In Superior Spider-Man #21, SpOck battles with his ex-girlfriend, Stunner, who, seeks revenge against "Spider-Man" for killing her beloved. However, since the real Stunner is in a coma, this Stunner is really a "virtual-reality ghost" of who she once was. Thus, after defeating her, SpOck is forced to remove Stunner from life-support to prevent future "ghosts" from emerging.

*SpOck proposes...to Anna Maria Marconi, much to the shock of Aunt May, as she was not expecting her "nephew's new fiancee" to be a little person. This, along with SpOck taking over Horizon Labs the way he did, begins to wonder if something is seriously wrong with "Peter." Likewise, when Mary Jane hears the news, it convinces her even more that something more is going on besides "Peter" acting like a different person, becoming even more determined to try and get in touch with Carlie to find out what is really going on.

*Considering that Flash was the guy who always rooted for Spidey no matter what, and who, in spite of not knowing that Spidey was really "Puny Parker," had a better, instinctive grasp of what was really going on with Spidey than most of the other cast members, I imagine that during or after his encounter with SpOck, Flash is going to say something to someone along the lines of, "I don't who that is or how it happened, but I'm telling you--that's not the real Spider-Man!" And of course, no one will believe him.

*Carlie, after conducting the autopsy on Alistair Smythe, finds that there is a recording of SpOck's confession, thus giving her the evidence she needs. Unfortunately for her, SpOck gets wind of this via his spider-bots, and has his minions go after her, resulting in the death of Captain Watanabee, and Carlie framed for her murder and thus becomes a fugitive.

*Harry Osborn and his son are kidnapped by members of the Goblin Cult and brought back to New York to the Green Goblin, or rather the Goblin King, who tells Harry that he needs his help in stopping Spider-Man. Believing that the Goblin King is his father, Norman, Harry outright refuses, saying how he's done nothing but ruin his life and wants nothing more to do with him. The Goblin King then says "I didn't want to have to do this, but you leave me no other choice." He then removes his mask to reveal the face of...PETER PARKER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw9876z View Post
I think this will happen too. The green goblin is just being played out way too slowly for it not to be a set up. But what I think people are missing is this:

There will be a major battle between Peter as Green Goblin and SpOck. What will happen though is Carlie will die in a way which is reminiscent of Gwens death. SpOck will murder Carlie to protect his identity while fighting Peter over the Spider-man body. This will lead to a major duel where they switch bodies and Ock is now in the body of Green Goblin.

This will lead to Green Goblin knowing who Spider-Man is again and that the memories SpOck erased from the gold octobot were those of a comatose Osbourn.

The whole Carlie knowing the truth and Peter as the goblin will intersect at this point where superior ends. Both of those subplots are playing out very slowly over the series and will be the overall arc of Superior. Peter will return to a damaged life and the guilt of Carlies death on his hands. And Otto will have a new vendetta against spider-man and have the resources of Osbourn at his disposal. This vendetta against Spider-man will have him return to the role of villain and combine two of Spider-mans biggest enemies into one.


I also forsee a huge battle between both SpOcks minions and Peter Goblins forces in a war like fashion while pete and otto fight. After they switch bodies I kinda hope that Peter makes a comment about how is he going to tell the minions they are out of a job out loud to himself but that SpOck has a radio in the mask so the whole spider-army hears him. something to show the return of parker luck and humor in one moment. THe moment the smoke has cleared from the fight he should make a classic quip.

Edit: Peter Goblin will have some plan as to break his criminal forces apart and not let Otto inherit those when then swap. How he would do this I cannot figure out.
The ONLY problem with both of your theories is that neither take into account the recently announced return of Doc Ock's body...

 
Old 07-20-2013, 09:46 AM   #860
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome
 
Spider-Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,767
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaineMorrison View Post
The ONLY problem with both of your theories is that neither take into account the recently announced return of Doc Ock's body...
Ok, I have not heard this yet. Where is this info?


If true, then how about Ock is in Pete, Pete is in Norman, and Norman is in Ock.

__________________
... and get off my lawn!!!


The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form

BRING BACK SPIDEY!!!!
Marvel OR Bust!!!!
Spider-Gnome is offline  
Old 07-20-2013, 09:50 AM   #861
THUNDERSTRIKE
A SWINEFELD KIND OF HOG
 
THUNDERSTRIKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Within the endless maze and fighting to the end.
Posts: 5,468
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Gnome View Post
Ok, I have not heard this yet. Where is this info?


If true, then how about Ock is in Pete, Pete is in Norman, and Norman is in Ock.

wow, THAT'S a mind-blower there...

works for ME...

and why does all that just sound so dirty?... LOL...

__________________
If you manage to have even ONE thought processed thru that speck of a brain cell that you possess,
the effort would probably overload your brain, make you cut a fart and blow your tiny mind apart.

Always being offensive and ON the offensive, and always defiant, as well...
just an absolutely rude and crude dude in every way possible...
I'm content just to be a malcontent.

Hey, I AM a nice guy...
just don't ask all those biased morons that are all against me.




THUNDERSTRIKE is offline  
Old 07-20-2013, 10:50 AM   #862
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome
 
Spider-Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,767
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERSTRIKE View Post
wow, THAT'S a mind-blower there...

works for ME...

and why does all that just sound so dirty?... LOL...

Yeah, that's what I thought when I was typing it.

__________________
... and get off my lawn!!!


The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form

BRING BACK SPIDEY!!!!
Marvel OR Bust!!!!
Spider-Gnome is offline  
Old 07-20-2013, 02:24 PM   #863
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight
 
Donald Thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Big Island of Hawaii
Posts: 4,300
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
It didn't because it's not entirely true. They did the "Revolution" revamp of the line in 2000 right when the movie came out because of the new movie. The X-Men just came off of The Twelve storyline, which was the culmination of a lot of long running plotlines, so they hired Chris Claremont back on both X-Men titles. The covers even said on them "The comic that inspired the movie". The problem was, Claremont's stories were as convoluted as ever and the run was poorly received. That's when Marvel went after Morrison for New X-Men.
Aloha,
While I don't dispute any of that, I remember JoeQ being interviewed and talking bout how they didn't do enough tie in with the first X-Men movie.I can't find that interview at this time.Maybe the Claremont change was part of the heads rolling, but I do remember JoeQ talking about a shake up to the title as a direct result of there not being enough done by Marvel during the time of the first X-Men.

Recently Waid was interviewed regarding Family Business
And to answer the $64,000 dollar question, Family Business is set before the events of Superior Spider-Man. So the story will be pure Peter Parker “to make it a "a little more outside-audience friendly," Waid explained.
"If most people are asked on the street who Spider-Man is, they may know Peter Parker. We dodge continuity that way to make it a little more timeless."
So when the second Amazing Spider-Man comes out and "outside audiences" are looking for Amazing and it's not around, that would be a marketing missed opportunity.
That's why I think Amazing will return sometime around the second movie.
Wolverine didn't keep bone claws forever, Tony Stark didn't stay a drunk forever and SpOck will not inhabit the body of Peter forever.Ock can never be a good guy until he pays for his crimes against humanity.Which are numerous and would take two lifetimes to pay.

Spidey rules


Last edited by Donald Thomas; 07-20-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Donald Thomas is offline  
Old 07-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #864
KaineMorrison
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Gnome View Post
Ok, I have not heard this yet. Where is this info?


If true, then how about Ock is in Pete, Pete is in Norman, and Norman is in Ock.
This was said about a week or two ago...
I'll have to hunt down the interview...

 
Old 07-20-2013, 05:23 PM   #865
KaineMorrison
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 1

finally found it.
They are solicits:
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/07/...or-spider-man/

 
Old 07-20-2013, 05:25 PM   #866
KaineMorrison
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 1

ALL-NEW X-MEN SPECIAL #1
MICHAEL COSTA (W) • KRIS ANKA (A)
Cover by ALEXANDER LOZANO
Interlocking Variant Cover by J. SCOTT CAMPBELL
PART ONE OF “THE ARMS OF THE OCTOPUS!”
• The All-New X-Men cross over with the Indestructible Hulk and Superior Spider-Man!
• What does Doctor Octopus want with the All-New X-Men and HOW IS HE ALIVE?!
• This gets the immediate attention of Superior Spider-Man, but what does it have to do with the Hulk?
40 PGS./One-Shot/Rated T …$4.99

INDESTRUCTIBLE HULK SPECIAL #1
MICHAEL COSTA (W) • JAKE WYATT (A)
Cover by ALEXANDER LOZANO
Interlocking Variant Cover by J. SCOTT CAMPBELL
PART TWO OF “THE ARMS OF THE OCTOPUS!”
• Banner helps The All-New X-Men and Superior Spider-Man get to the mystery of Doc Ock!
• But before they solve anything they’re shocked by the return of the believed-dead ABOMINATION!
40 PGS./ One-Shot/Rated T …$4.99

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN TEAM-UP SPECIAL #1
MICHAEL COSTA (W) • MICHAEL DIALYNAS (A)
Cover by ALEXANDER LOZANO
Interlocking Variant Cover by J. SCOTT CAMPBELL
PART THREE OF “THE ARMS OF THE OCTOPUS!”
• Who is in league with Doc Ock and the Abomination and how can our heroes defeat them?
• Can the Superior Spider-Man (who we all know is the mind of Otto Octavius in the body of Spider-Man) hold onto his sanity while facing his doppelganger?

 
Old 07-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #867
tw9876z
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: VCU
Posts: 853
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaineMorrison View Post
finally found it.
They are solicits:
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/07/...or-spider-man/
interesting. Seems that there are other dead villian being resurrected too. What matters is whether or not the body is destroyed afterwards. I doubt that Peter has anything to do with it though. Likely a way for SpOck to face himself in a way and for the series to seem to continue as if it will last longer.

__________________
"I need to return some video tapes" - Bateman

"Well did you hear, theres a natural order. Those most deserving will end up with the most. That the cream cannot help but rise up to the top. Well I say s*** floats" - jarvis cocker
tw9876z is offline  
Old 07-20-2013, 07:24 PM   #868
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome
 
Spider-Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,767
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaineMorrison View Post
finally found it.
They are solicits:
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/07/...or-spider-man/
OK, thanks. Forgot about that.

__________________
... and get off my lawn!!!


The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form

BRING BACK SPIDEY!!!!
Marvel OR Bust!!!!
Spider-Gnome is offline  
Old 07-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #869
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum
 
Hobgoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Lost with a faulty compass.
Posts: 18,909
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 1

Seeing Superior fight this new Doc Ock makes me want a return of Carolyn Trainer and Carlyle.

Hobgoblin is offline  
Old 07-20-2013, 11:58 PM   #870
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Jollity Farm
Posts: 37,950
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 1

A new Doc Ock? Who looks just like Octavius? He's either a clone or a Skrull, IMO.

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline  
Old 07-22-2013, 12:04 AM   #871
PeterBenParker
Side-Kick
 
PeterBenParker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,213
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
A new Doc Ock? Who looks just like Octavius? He's either a clone or a Skrull, IMO.
Imagine Peter's mind somehow returning and going back into Doc Ock's body, setting up an epic rematch between SpOck-Man and PeterOck.

PeterBenParker is offline  
Old 07-25-2013, 05:01 PM   #872
tw9876z
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: VCU
Posts: 853
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
A new Doc Ock? Who looks just like Octavius? He's either a clone or a Skrull, IMO.
I'm going to go with a clone or replicant. The solicits make note that abomination appears too and he is supposed to be dead, so it is likely someone is making a super villain clone army or something. Also, since it isn't in the direct superior series and starts in X-men I doubt it will have a major impact of the superior storyline.

__________________
"I need to return some video tapes" - Bateman

"Well did you hear, theres a natural order. Those most deserving will end up with the most. That the cream cannot help but rise up to the top. Well I say s*** floats" - jarvis cocker
tw9876z is offline  
Old 07-25-2013, 05:57 PM   #873
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling
 
JewishHobbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Eastern Time Zone
Posts: 25,242
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 1

I don't know why but it kinda bothers me that there are two Spider-Man books and an Ultimate Spider-Man plus his role in the Avengers books... and Peter Parker nowhere to be found and hasn't been for quite some time now. And he won't be for the foreseeable future. It just seems strange to me that Marvel is so adamant on regressing their comics, renumbering, etc. to make everything accessible to potential "new readers" but aren't worried about giving anyone an accessible book about Peter Parker... which is who people want to read about when they pick up Spidey.

That just seems weird to me. I don't mind stories that take the heroes out of the plot for months at a time, but for a year or two... that's just sorta annoying. I'm still foreseeing this as the early stages of the Clone Saga (the point when people really dug it) with deep regret coming later after Marvel keeps pushing Superior Spider-Man due to high sales until it's hated.

__________________
Follow my writing career at:

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline  
Old 07-25-2013, 06:35 PM   #874
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...
 
Themanofbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: With your Mom in Moncton, NB, Canada
Posts: 39,370
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewishHobbit View Post
I don't know why but it kinda bothers me that there are two Spider-Man books and an Ultimate Spider-Man plus his role in the Avengers books... and Peter Parker nowhere to be found and hasn't been for quite some time now. And he won't be for the foreseeable future. It just seems strange to me that Marvel is so adamant on regressing their comics, renumbering, etc. to make everything accessible to potential "new readers" but aren't worried about giving anyone an accessible book about Peter Parker... which is who people want to read about when they pick up Spidey.

That just seems weird to me. I don't mind stories that take the heroes out of the plot for months at a time, but for a year or two... that's just sorta annoying. I'm still foreseeing this as the early stages of the Clone Saga (the point when people really dug it) with deep regret coming later after Marvel keeps pushing Superior Spider-Man due to high sales until it's hated.
There's nothing regressive about Superior Spider-Man...


__________________
Alea Jacta Est

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Themanofbat is offline  
Old 07-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #875
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling
 
JewishHobbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Eastern Time Zone
Posts: 25,242
Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 1

I didn't mean that there was, but they do various things to titles and characters to keep them from straying too far from the character that the general public knows. Everyone knows Spider-Man as Peter Parker, from the movies to the cartoons to the games, etc. Yet, they don't seem to want to market Spider-Man in that way like they mess with everything else.

Maybe it's only annoying to me because I HATE when they do that, and now that I'm really starting to miss Peter Parker and am glad to see characters I love showing up in the Spidye title (Cardiac, Spidey 2099, etc.), there's no Peter to be seen. So the only time I actually WANT them to do that, they don't seem to have any desire to do it. I don't care about Doc Ock and don't want to read a book about him, so there's no draw there. So even if I DO want to maybe jump back into the Spider-Man world, there's nothing for me to jump into I want to read about Peter Parker, not Doc Ock.

__________________
Follow my writing career at:

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.