The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Future Batman Movies

Old 07-05-2013, 01:15 AM   #26
cryptic name
No Limits

Default Re: Fighting, Tatics, and new gadgets of the New Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
I want the reboot to be a crime drama but with horror elements added in when it comes to Batman. The audience should feel as if they're in the criminal's shoes as Batman hunts them down in the dark. We need a lot more scenes lime the dock scene in BB.

Batman should be considered a myth to the people of Gotham. All they know is that there is this thing hunting criminals at night, not even fully sure if it is even human.
Another idea that Burton handled really well and I would also like to see again.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I believe in Batfleck
cryptic name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:24 AM   #27
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
...Different situations call for different techniques. I'd like a Batman who is versatile yet precise with his asskickery.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic name View Post
I'm for technology that is disguised. His tech should be all about making him appear supernatural.
I never thought about that. That's a damn good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorstone View Post
2. Mask that covers the whole face and uses lenses to hide/protect the eyes.
I'm all for situational lenses. I don't want a mask that covers his entire face all the time, though.

Quote:
4. Hallucinogens.
Not sure how I feel about that.

Quote:
5. Sonic based weapons-- like a loud siren sound that not only forces the enemy to put their hands over their ears but surprises them and creates more fear.
6. A practical helicopter.
Cool.

The Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #28
hafizbat
Side-Kick

I think the Prewitt building scene from TDK was the closest thing to "batman in action" in the Dark Knight Trilogy.

He used his brains, fighting skill, gadgets, all while saving everyone and getting to the Joker in time.

His entrance into the building and figuring out the Joker's twist quickly, saving all the hostages, creative use of the grapple gun (shooting the officer's tear gas), perfect timing of the sticky bombs to take out the SWATs, and hanging all the officers from the building like a string of monkeys, and grappling up to the Joker.

Probably the most thrilling action sequence of all three films, and by far the most "Batman" like.

We need a lot more scenes like that in the new trilogy.

hafizbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #29
the5timechamp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
I thought going with the keysi style was a good move for the TDKT

It really felt more intimidating and animalistic, compared to Batman doing karate chops.

Although it wasn't executed perfectly, when it worked, I thought it worked brilliantly.
examples of when you thought it was good, and when it didn't?

I just get bothered by how the fights fall apart upon repeat viewing, the guys just waiting to get hit and/or flatout missing cues.

the5timechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #30
Rockbottom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
I think the Prewitt building scene from TDK was the closest thing to "batman in action" in the Dark Knight Trilogy.

He used his brains, fighting skill, gadgets, all while saving everyone and getting to the Joker in time.

His entrance into the building and figuring out the Joker's twist quickly, saving all the hostages, creative use of the grapple gun (shooting the officer's tear gas), perfect timing of the sticky bombs to take out the SWATs, and hanging all the officers from the building like a string of monkeys, and grappling up to the Joker.

Probably the most thrilling action sequence of all three films, and by far the most "Batman" like.

We need a lot more scenes like that in the new trilogy.
I agree, thats by far my favourite action scene I've ever seen in a Batman film. I also love the SWAT team trying to talk to him while he is kicking ass (Stop, stop, stop we WILL shoot you), that is exactly how Batman should fight when he is outnumbered, he is constantly in control of everything during that scene.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #31
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by the5timechamp View Post
examples of when you thought it was good, and when it didn't?

I just get bothered by how the fights fall apart upon repeat viewing, the guys just waiting to get hit and/or flatout missing cues.
Yeah, but I think that just has more to do with the choreography / directing.

Good examples are all the times when you don't notice that.

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:57 AM   #32
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Batman vs Bane. Kind of strange how overall, the fights in the TDKT were meh, but this one fight scene (sewer brawl) is probably the best hand to hand fight scene in any comic book movie.

I think it's proof that Keysi was never the problem. It was always the directing/choreography that disappointed.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #33
the5timechamp
Side-Kick

Bane vs Bats rd. 1 was great, mostly cause the build up was really well done. Watching Bane just being such a great presence up to that point built up to that confrontation. The fight itself was solid mostly due to the verbal exchanges and complete victory by Bane.

That being said I was hoping for even more physicality from the final fight. Once bats broke Banes device the fight escalated but finished up too quickly. The rapid fire punches and batman kicking Bane through the door looked great, the fights needed that kind of physicality all the way through though.
Vin Diesel vs the Rock in Fast 5 had the kind of physicality I had hope for in the 2nd Bane fight. (hell if Rock were a better actor he could have made an imposing Bane himself).

Ras dominating the fight against batman in the train at the end of Batman Begins is slightly underrated as well.

the5timechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:37 PM   #34
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

I love me some bane vs bats round 2

Old 07-12-2013, 12:45 AM   #35
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by the5timechamp View Post
Bane vs Bats rd. 1 was great, mostly cause the build up was really well done. Watching Bane just being such a great presence up to that point built up to that confrontation. The fight itself was solid mostly due to the verbal exchanges and complete victory by Bane.

That being said I was hoping for even more physicality from the final fight. Once bats broke Banes device the fight escalated but finished up too quickly. The rapid fire punches and batman kicking Bane through the door looked great, the fights needed that kind of physicality all the way through though.
Vin Diesel vs the Rock in Fast 5 had the kind of physicality I had hope for in the 2nd Bane fight. (hell if Rock were a better actor he could have made an imposing Bane himself).

Ras dominating the fight against batman in the train at the end of Batman Begins is slightly underrated as well.
I'd also add that the Batman vs Joker end fight in TDK was great as well. They showed how the Joker, who should be no match for Bats, can still be extremely dangerous. Batman took some serious damage in that fight, with the dogs, crowbar, etc.

It seems to me that the one on one fights in the TDKT were good, if not great. It was the "Batman vs multiple thugs" that was always a letdown (Prewitt building being the exception)

Old 07-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #36
Steamteck
Side-Kick

I just want a graceful Batman in combat. One who I at 55 don't feel more nimble than in many scenes. After seeing some really nice fan done stuff on YouTube, there's really no excuse. I realize Nolin's was a directorial decision but it extremely didn't work for me. The camera work being as much a problem as the style. There's no shame in hiring a fight choreographer.

Finally ,Batman should not be stationary in combat man.

Steamteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:23 PM   #37
EliteF50
Side-Kick

Quote:
Batman vs Bane. Kind of strange how overall, the fights in the TDKT were meh, but this one fight scene (sewer brawl) is probably the best hand to hand fight scene in any comic book movie.
Definitely not true. The fight was enjoyable because of the cinematography, acting, and editing. The choreography itself was terrible, clunky and unappealing. Even at the beginning of the fight when Batman was pretty much at 100%, he was throwing hayamekrs so slow Alfred could dodge them.

Watchmen had the best hand to hand fight scenes in a comic book movie. Zod vs Jor-El was also amazing in Man of Steel. Zack Snyder's a director who knows what an exciting fight should look like, Nolan isn't.

"The first rule of 'Tusi is to not talk about 'Tusi."
Listen to my updated Bane voice impression!
EliteF50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:50 PM   #38
MR Black
Side-Kick

Does Bane have anything near the strength of Zod to throw Batman(not buildings) but completely through walls and things. Maybe throw Batmen 20 to 30 ft through the air. That would be pretty cool.

MR Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #39
Steamteck
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteF50 View Post
Definitely not true. The fight was enjoyable because of the cinematography, acting, and editing. The choreography itself was terrible, clunky and unappealing. Even at the beginning of the fight when Batman was pretty much at 100%, he was throwing hayamekrs so slow Alfred could dodge them.

Watchmen had the best hand to hand fight scenes in a comic book movie. Zod vs Jor-El was also amazing in Man of Steel. Zack Snyder's a director who knows what an exciting fight should look like, Nolan isn't.

Gotta agree. even at my age with the few years long ago of martial arts they looked very avoidable. It would be nice to see a Batman fight like Nightowl in the Watchman prison scene for example. As I said no shame in a fight chorographer if you're not good at fight scenes.

Steamteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:50 PM   #40
hafizbat
Side-Kick

I really want to see Batman actually use things from his utility belt this time around. Bale's Batman was a straight up brawler, not once did he use a smoke bomb or batarangs. The only time I remember him reaching to his utility belt was in desperation facing Bane in the sewers. I never understood what he was trying to do when he threw smoke pellets at Bane, can anyone explain that lol. At least the EMP thing made sense.

Old 07-20-2013, 04:36 AM   #41
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
I really want to see Batman actually use things from his utility belt this time around. Bale's Batman was a straight up brawler, not once did he use a smoke bomb or batarangs. The only time I remember him reaching to his utility belt was in desperation facing Bane in the sewers. I never understood what he was trying to do when he threw smoke pellets at Bane, can anyone explain that lol. At least the EMP thing made sense.
I think the idea is supposed to be that Batman is out of his element here.

Old 07-20-2013, 09:01 AM   #42
Steve Holt
STEVE HOLT!

i wanna see Bats move like Snake Eyes

Old 07-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #43
hafizbat
Side-Kick

I think the animated "The Dark Knight Returns" has some of the best Batman action on screen. Even though Bats is old, he still shows why he's a living legend.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I hope they can make the fights this good in the reboot. Batman fights brutally, but still shows great skill and smarts.

Last edited by hafizbat; 07-20-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #44
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Brillaint tactics and preparation is much more important to me than whether Batman kicks or punches.

Well placed smoke/flash/emp bombs, tying up the biggest threats with a bat-a-rang attached rope, tranquilzer laced bat-a-rangs for two other guys, a grapple turned sleeper hold on another, then he whispers in the last guys ear who starts singing like a bird.

Right before back up arrived Batman shoots a grapple hook into the black sky and disappears.

His devices should be mostly low tech proving that Batman is effective due to skill, not money. Picking locks in seconds with one hand and little efforts. Sprinkling some dust on crime scene liquid to observe a color change. A spray used to explode a hinge in order to escape a trap. Very simple tools used very effectively from the utlity belt.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote