The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Misc. Superman Films

Old 07-20-2013, 11:30 PM   #51
FilmNerdJamie
We. Are. Hunter. RIDER!
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Very much a business decision. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:31 PM   #52
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

What they should do is go all New Frontier by having Superman and Batman about to fight and just have Wonder Woman come out of nowhere to stop it. So, not only would people be getting the beginning of the World's Finest, but also the Trinity. Minds would be blown.

Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:32 PM   #53
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Batman View Post
I'll give you Bruce and Lois. That was kinda wack but what's wrong with Superman being outsmarted by the Joker?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
Especially since Batman got outsmarted by him also and nearly got killed.
Okay, maybe it's just that Lois and Bruce thing that's clouding my judgment in the film's adaptation from Bruce Timm.haha

Well this has been therapeutic.lol

But Batman did the better of superman during their first encounter. Even though Superman threw Batman down, Batman threw him down first and ended it with using kryptonite on him.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:33 PM   #54
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

I'm also excited that they will most likely start shooting early next year. Which means that set photos will be leaked. Which means that we will/might get our first look at the new Batman suit!

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Kryptonian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:33 PM   #55
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Very much a business decision. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
Is this supposed to be a sign of WB not being confident in Superman doing a sequel alone or showing the world a new Batman soon after the Nolan version?

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 07-20-2013, 11:34 PM   #56
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I think the definite deal breaker in all of this is learning for sure that there won't be a love triangle.

What's interesting is that Goyer said, when talking about a sequel, that Lois and Clark will be in a "real relationship" after MOS.

Yet, I wonder, was he talking about it with Batman/Superman in mind or did things change?

I hope things didn't change since I really hope that Clark and Lois are in that committed relationship that he promised without Batman being an issue.

The last thing that I want is to see a repeat of the X-Men franchise where Batman ends up being Wolverine, Lois is Jean, and Superman is Cyclops since we all know on how that turned up.
I think the film will probably jump a year or more ahead given how much rebuilding there is to do and so I can see Lois and Clark being in a relationship at this point, I mean she knows everything about him so there is really no reason to go over old ground with their dynamic, lets go forward.

My guess is that Bruce will enter the story in a business situation with Lex who has funded the rebuilding of Metropolis and things will move from there with Lois perhaps interviewing him and having a per-concieved notion that he's an arrogant playboy but instead simply finds him a better guy than she'd imagined, nothing more. A love triangle would be redundant as everyone knows Clark and Lois are where it's at, Bruce will always be alone due to his demons.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:35 PM   #57
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

My biggest fear is that the general public won't cling to and accept the new Batman.

ConnorKon-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:35 PM   #58
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
I'm also excited that they will most likely start shooting early next year. Which means that set photos will be leaked. Which means that we will/might get our first look at the new Batman suit!
Or just release a pic of what the suit would look like on film before anyone else does. Isn't that what they did with MOS?

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 07-20-2013, 11:35 PM   #59
Cantis1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
Hello everyone... I come in peace! Just wondering what Superman fans think about Batman sharing screen time in the MOS sequel? I've gotten a few tweets from Superman fans who aren't too happy about it.
Right now, I am not happy with it.

I feel like they should have let Superman have at least his second movie on his own without forcing their golden boy down the throat of MoS fans (yes, I am bitter right now, LOL)!

I was really looking forward to deepening the whole mythos and storylines and relationships that were started in MoS. Putting Batman/Bruce Wayne in there feels like a distraction. Batman was allowed his multitude of movies without Superman being shoved in there. How come not Superman?

Right now, I'm just bitter over it. They shouldn't call it a MoS sequel then. Because it's really not.

Cantis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:35 PM   #60
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANOFSTEELtrilogy View Post
Sounds good to me. Lana is bound to be hotter than Amy Adams anyway. Batman can have Lois.
Ugh! Knowing these people they will cast Keira Knightley of Charlize Theron as Lana. If Lois looks like Amy Adams then no to Lana and Diana.

As for the announcement, I'm just happy there is going to be a sequel, Batman can jump in all he wants as long as it is still Superman's story. Seeing as how they are calling it a Superman film, they have the same cast and same writers, and they said issues in MOS will be addressed, I'm content that this is still Superman's story.

Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Szetsilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:36 PM   #61
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I think the film will probably jump a year or more ahead given how much rebuilding there is to do and so I can see Lois and Clark being in a relationship at this point, I mean she knows everything about him so there is really no reason to go over old ground with their dynamic, lets go forward.

My guess is that Bruce will enter the story in a business situation with Lex who has funded the rebuilding of Metropolis and things will move from there with Lois perhaps interviewing him and having a per-concieved notion that he's an arrogant playboy but instead simply finds him a better guy than she'd imagined, nothing more. A love triangle would be redundant as everyone knows Clark and Lois are where it's at, Bruce will always be alone due to his demons.
Alone huh?lol

Old 07-20-2013, 11:36 PM   #62
I am Batman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
The reception and overly-freaking out right now is a massive cluster****.
I am just excited about the prospect of the two biggest superheros ever sharing a screen together.
I have mixed thoughts on how they're going to pull this off but until i hear more from the filmmakers, I'll just be cautiously optimistic.
I can understand how people who didn't like MOS might not like this news, I've seen some Batman fans nervous at Snyder being the helm of the new incarnation of the character.
Yeah this pretty much sums up my feelings about all this. The only thing I would add is that I hope that Batman being in the movie doesn't turn it from a Man of Steel movie into a World's Finest movie. I'd rather have a Man of Steel sequel followed by a World's Finest movie either in the same year or the year after. I really feel Man of Steel deserves it's own standalone sequel.

"You're a stand up guy Bats, don't ever let them call you a crazed loner."
-The Flash, JLU
I am Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:36 PM   #63
tomoe
Side-Kick

I distinctly remember Superman's own voice actor saying in an interview about the World's Finest movie that Superman "wasn't the smartest". Why shouldn't he be smart? I think he should at least be smarter than average. I just think they need someone really smart to write these 2 characters without insulting their and our intelligence. I don't get intelligence from Goyer or Snyder.

tomoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:36 PM   #64
blumatic
Side-Kick

They do this with tact. How can they have a World's finest when Superman is not introduced to the World yet? No one knows that his name is Superman. I am really not sure what the story will be like.

blumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:37 PM   #65
Loki882
Side-Kick

The Joker may be insane, but he is also a genius. His greatest weapon is his unpredictability. Batman/Superman/and Lex all got outsmarted by Joker. In fact, Joker could probably pose a serious threat to almost EVERY DCU hero.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:37 PM   #66
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Please no Batman cuckolding of Superman when it comes to Lois. That's one in a long line of sins Timmverse Supes/Bats that is just not smart to bring to a wider audience.

KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:37 PM   #67
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumatic View Post
They do this with tact. How can they have a World's finest when Superman is not introduced to the World yet? No one knows that his name is Superman. I am really not sure what the story will be like.
Agreed; that's another major issue that I had.

Even Snyder said it himself that Superman needed another film to be better established (and yet he goes about doing this.lol)

MOS 2 was supposed to further establish Superman to the world, not send him teaming up with Batman right away.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:38 PM   #68
Loki882
Side-Kick

Really, I liked Timm's take on the Bruce/Clark relationship. They were very different and disagreed frequently, but they were also friends who respected each other greatly.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:40 PM   #69
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Really, I liked Timm's take on the Bruce/Clark relationship. They were very different and disagreed frequently, but they were also friends who respected each other greatly.
And yet Bruce always kept a piece of kryptonite in his cave and his pocket for.."insurance" as he worded it to Hawkgirl.lol, along with dating the girl that he knew Clark liked. With friends like that, who needs the Joker?lol

Old 07-20-2013, 11:40 PM   #70
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Quote:
Alone huh?lol

That was the most forced relationship I have ever seen in a CBM. One moment he loves Thalia the next it's all about Selina.

Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Szetsilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:40 PM   #71
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
Hello everyone... I come in peace! Just wondering what Superman fans think about Batman sharing screen time in the MOS sequel? I've gotten a few tweets from Superman fans who aren't too happy about it.

I'm disappointed. Should have been one more film before WF.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:40 PM   #72
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Quote:
Alone huh?lol

Lol, That's Nolan's Batman world though, much like Miller's it has it's own beginning, middle and end...plus you don't know that Bruce is eyeing up Poison Ivy in that pic.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:40 PM   #73
I am Batman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Okay, maybe it's just that Lois and Bruce thing that's clouding my judgment in the film's adaptation from Bruce Timm.haha

Well this has been therapeutic.lol

But Batman did the better of superman during their first encounter. Even though Superman threw Batman down, Batman threw him down first and ended it with using kryptonite on him.
I loved that first encounter. I wish they could use the "I knew you were crazy. I didn't think you were stupid." line but that's probably impossible if they use an early in his career Batman whom everyone thinks is an urban myth. One can dream though

"You're a stand up guy Bats, don't ever let them call you a crazed loner."
-The Flash, JLU
I am Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:40 PM   #74
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Agreed; that's another major issue that I had.

Even Snyder said it himself that Superman needed another film to be better established (and yet he goes about doing this.lol)

MOS 2 was supposed to further establish Superman to the world, not send him teaming up with Batman right away.

Maybe Snyder realizes that for something like a franchise character film as opposed to personal projects like SUCKER PUNCH () he has to defer to the wishes of WB in the end? Maybe?

KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:41 PM   #75
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Please no Batman cuckolding of Superman when it comes to Lois. That's one in a long line of sins Timmverse Supes/Bats that is just not smart to bring to a wider audience.
Agreed; these types of icons should never be placed in that type of situation. Which is why i hope there isn't a love triangle here...or between Steve/Black Widow/Bucky in the Winter Soldier as well.haha