The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Misc. Superman Films

Old 07-20-2013, 11:41 PM   #76
Loki882
Side-Kick

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Yes that's true, Batman has never kept kryptonite in the Bat Cave in the comics befo.....oh, right, HE DOES.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:42 PM   #77
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Very much a business decision. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
Very much so.
I can't really blame them for making this decision, even if I would have preferred another solo-Superman film first.
WB has got to roll with the tide. They would have never survived 2015 with releasing a solo Superman film.
It can be argued that WB could have waited until 2016 to release a solo Superman film, but i doubt they wanted to wait that long to release the next film in their DCCU.
I am one of the people who thinks, no matter when MO2 was released, it wouldn't have earned a billion dollars. It would have most likely earned only 100 million more or so, basically i think it would have pulled an Iron Man 2 situation.
This is a surefire hit for WB and it's their only way to compete and keep up with MARVEL.
If WB plays their cards right, this MO2WorldsFinest film can easily earn a billion, and maybe close to making Avengers money. But then again, it can also go very wrong.
Again, i'm cautiously optimistic.

ConnorKon-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:43 PM   #78
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Agreed; these types of icons should never be placed in that type of situation. Which is why i hope there isn't a love triangle here...or between Steve/Black Widow/Bucky in the Winter Soldier as well.haha
From your lips to Fiege's ears.

KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:43 PM   #79
I am Batman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Agreed; that's another major issue that I had.

Even Snyder said it himself that Superman needed another film to be better established (and yet he goes about doing this.lol)

MOS 2 was supposed to further establish Superman to the world, not send him teaming up with Batman right away.
That makes me wonder whether or not Batman's inclusion was really planned.

"You're a stand up guy Bats, don't ever let them call you a crazed loner."
-The Flash, JLU
I am Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:45 PM   #80
Loki882
Side-Kick

Steve is busy hooking up with Sharon, his WW II girlfriend's grand-niece. Go Steve.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:46 PM   #81
InJustice
Side-Kick

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
My guess is that Bruce will enter the story in a business situation with Lex who has funded the rebuilding of Metropolis and things will move from there with Lois perhaps interviewing him and having a per-concieved notion that he's an arrogant playboy but instead simply finds him a better guy than she'd imagined, nothing more. A love triangle would be redundant as everyone knows Clark and Lois are where it's at, Bruce will always be alone due to his demons.
It's not that Bruce will always be alone due to his demons, it's because he doesn't really know any other way to fight against it. In the words of Christopher Nolan and David Goyer, as long as he (or his demons, mind you) had something to fight, he had a reason for living.

Batman as a whole, is Bruce Wayne's death wish.

InJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:47 PM   #82
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Batman View Post
That makes me wonder whether or not Batman's inclusion was really planned.
Indeed; especially since we saw the Wayne Logo in MOS.

MOS definitely established that Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor exists within the MOS world.

Bleh; damn you DC and Warner Bros, if you only guys got your **** together much earlier on, then you wouldn't have to rush these encounters between these heroes, thus sacrificing the sequels that one of them so rightfully deserves.

Great..this also means that every person that I argued with that said that a WF film will come out first before MOS 2 was right and I'm wrong. Well that's a strike at my pride.lol

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:47 PM   #83
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Agreed; that's another major issue that I had.

Even Snyder said it himself that Superman needed another film to be better established (and yet he goes about doing this.lol)

MOS 2 was supposed to further establish Superman to the world, not send him teaming up with Batman right away.
Given he said that in the face of a hundred jla questions it's fair to assume that this film will actually be what he intends. The superman film he put forth which will feature batman.

A batman film featuring batman to follow. In fact I'm certain this film will start out in metropolis like any other superman film and if anything be told from Kal's perspective.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:48 PM   #84
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Steve is busy hooking up with Sharon, his WW II girlfriend's grand-niece. Go Steve.

He's living the American dream....

Old 07-20-2013, 11:48 PM   #85
Smallville13
Side-Kick

How is it even a sequel to Man of Steel if its called Batman/Superman. Just by the title it's becoming clear. Even in the comics that title has always been the other way round.

Smallville13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:48 PM   #86
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

I want to see deathstroke and maybe parasite with lex as a presence as far as villains go.

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own.
Gamma Goliath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:51 PM   #87
blumatic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Given he said that in the face of a hundred jla questions it's fair to assume that this film will actually be what he intends. The superman film he put forth which will feature batman.

A batman film featuring batman to follow. In fact I'm certain this film will start out in metropolis like any other superman film and if anything be told from Kal's perspective.
I think this is the case. Im not against Batman being in it. I think its cool. I just cant imagine this story growing Superman's legend with Batman in the mix.

blumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:52 PM   #88
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
That was the most forced relationship I have ever seen in a CBM. One moment he loves Thalia the next it's all about Selina.
Blame goyer, might not have been his script but he was in the room when they wrote it

Old 07-20-2013, 11:53 PM   #89
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
I want to see deathstroke and maybe parasite with lex as a presence as far as villains go.

Since I do not think we are getting a TITANS film any time soon, I would love to see a big screen DEATHSTROKE. He would be a great match against a WF's Batman. Added bonus is that Slade is kind of an evil Captain America. Would be awesome to see Bats and him go at it. Seeing how Stroker was just featured in the latest Arkham game it could be possible to see him as Bat's enemy while Supes takes on one of his rogues. Hmmm....

Old 07-20-2013, 11:53 PM   #90
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
How is it even a sequel to Man of Steel if its called Batman/Superman. Just by the title it's becoming clear. Even in the comics that title has always been the other way round.
Because there is NOTHING about this new Batman that is even KNOWN yet. What are they going to pull from? We will probably barely even see a Batman-type casting. If anything, the MOS crew returns. The story. Cavill. Adams. Fishbourne. Lane. This will be Superman's world. You can't build this around Batman when the universe is already established around Supes.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:53 PM   #91
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Indeed.lol

Either way, this won't help quell the belief in many that Batman is the better hero since it's a sure thing that some will be saying that the only reason why this film will be good is because Batman saves the franchise and that Superman couldn't cut it for himself.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:53 PM   #92
ares834
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
Yeah, that would be sweet. Although, I'd rather have Metallo than Parasite.

ares834 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:54 PM   #93
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

I don't know if MOS2 alone could earn a billion, I don't know if MOS2/Batman can earn a billion, it takes more than 2 superhero icons and some action scenes to cause so many to go see a film that it earns over a billion dollars. It takes a good story and character development. I love MOS but I see it was flawed enough that it wouldn't bring in the audiences that Avengers and TDK did. As with the sequel they have the same writer and director so I don't think the story will get better by much if at all.

Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Szetsilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:54 PM   #94
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Blame goyer, might not have been his script but he was in the room when they wrote it
lol; well to be fair, it was Jonah's idea to put Catwoman in the film to begin with from what they said in interviews.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:54 PM   #95
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
I don't know if MOS2 alone could earn a billion, I don't know if MOS2/Batman can earn a billion, it takes more than 2 superhero icons and some action scenes to cause so many to go see a film that it earns over a billion dollars. It takes a good story and character development. I love MOS but I see it was flawed enough that it wouldn't bring in the audiences that Avengers and TDK did. As with the sequel they have the same writer and director so I don't think the story will get better by much if at all.
Iron Man 3 disagrees with you regarding the needing two icons to make a billion dollars.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:55 PM   #96
blumatic
Side-Kick

Quote:
But they never settled on the title. And when it comes to Nolanites, dont take what they say at face value.

They say its a sequel to MOS.

They say Superman will be realized in the sequel.

They say Batman and Superman will be together.

They say it would be nice for them to face off.

They say they may not use the title 'World's Finest"

Its all confusing. All we know is that Cavill will be back as Superman with the rest of the MOS cast, and Batman will be in it.

Not sure what kind of story is that. Its exciting but it brings more questions than answers.

blumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:55 PM   #97
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Indeed.lol

Either way, this won't help quell the belief in many that Batman is the better hero since it's a sure thing that some will be saying that the only reason why this film will be good is because Batman saves the franchise and that Superman couldn't cut it for himself.

I beg you.... Don't give in to the dark side.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:56 PM   #98
Stringer
CHAMPS AGAIN!

Quote:
Dude, you're just reaching now. The movie doesn't even have a title yet.

"We dem lil bald headed b****es on the chessboard"- Bodie Broadus
Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:57 PM   #99
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Well this is slightly surprising yet very exciting news. I would have liked to see a solo Superman sequel first, but what's done is done.

And I don't get where people are getting that Snyder is co-writing the script with Goyer. He is simply coming up with the story with him. And Nolan and Thomas being executive producers with Uslan? Yep, you can peg that as them having absolutely nothing to do with this movie.

But if you're going to do a WF film, now would be the time to do it. Best of all, Bruce's inclusion would actually be very natural to Clark's story. Maybe Batman in a way is an antagonist. TDKR as a framework is a cool direction to go as well.

Well ****, this is how you top the epic scope that was MOS.

The world is going to implode in 2015.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:57 PM   #100
I am Batman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Indeed; especially since we saw the Wayne Logo in MOS.

MOS definitely established that Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor exists within the MOS world.

Bleh; damn you DC and Warner Bros, if you only guys got your **** together much earlier on, then you wouldn't have to rush these encounters between these heroes, thus sacrificing the sequels that one of them so rightfully deserves.

Great..this also means that every person that I argued with that said that a WF film will come out first before MOS 2 was right and I'm wrong. Well that's a strike at my pride.lol
I think DC and WB could still get their **** together. I kind of agree with ConnorKon-El above that including Batman in the film could increase profit but it might at the cost of a good story. I think a better plan would be to shoot MoS2 and World's Finest back to back and have MoS2 released in summer and have World's Finest released either fall/winter or the next year.

Either way they have got to remove Goyer/Snyder from writing duties or add another better writer to the team. Goyer is an average writer but pair him with a terribly subpar one and the movie will flop.

"You're a stand up guy Bats, don't ever let them call you a crazed loner."
-The Flash, JLU
I am Batman is offline   Reply With Quote