The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Old 07-20-2013, 11:30 PM   #51
Loki882
Side-Kick

Default Re: Age of Ultron

Superman/Batman team up film and Avengers sequel in the same year, I, I can't breathe.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:33 PM   #52
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by conan69 View Post
Im guessing Ant-Man and Avengers 2 will really be tied together in story with Ultron being a part of Ant-man and continuing directly to Avengers2. Smart way to get asses in the seats for Ant-Man.

This is great news.

To me Ultron will always be the Avengers No1 nemesis.
Ant-Man comes after Avengers so that's not possible unless they only explore Ultron's origins in Ant-Man

Old 07-20-2013, 11:33 PM   #53
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Well the teaser sort of implies Iron Man builds Ultron.
There is a description of a A:AoU teaser out there?

KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:34 PM   #54
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Well the teaser sort of implies Iron Man builds Ultron.
Well since most of us haven't heard the teaser care to elaborate?

Old 07-20-2013, 11:38 PM   #55
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom892 View Post
I think the Mandarin situation shows that they aren't adverse to changing things up. As long as the film is of quality, I don't mind them changing Ultron's origin. I felt the same way about the Mandarin.
As much as I didn't have a problem with them changing the Mandarin building Ultron is a part of Hank's character as much as Stark being an alcoholic is important to his character. I don't think it's something that should be changed.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:40 PM   #56
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
Well since most of us haven't heard the teaser care to elaborate?
It's in the general thread. But basically Iron Man's helmet is crushed, dented, and reformed into Ultron's face. And the teaser specifically focused on Iron Man's helmet. There was nothing else there.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:46 PM   #57
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's in the general thread. But basically Iron Man's helmet is crushed, dented, and reformed into Ultron's face. And the teaser specifically focused on Iron Man's helmet. There was nothing else there.
Hmmm.... That's vague at best.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:48 PM   #58
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

It's not vague, and it does *not* suggest that Tony Stark builds Ultron.

It suggest that Ultron takes over the Iron Man suit.
Just like in the comics, people.
C'mon. This is Marvel Comics 101. Not that hard to figure out.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:48 PM   #59
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
While that could mean that Stark creates Ultron it's not definite and shouldn't be taken as it. It's one of many possibilities.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:53 PM   #60
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Wow, you're saying it's not that hard to figure out...you're pulling it completely out of nowhere! What's not hard to figure out is an obvious artistic technique to say that Ultron is formed from Iron Man. That's literally what it is saying. It meaning he takes over Iron Man's suit doesn't make any sense from the standpoint of a teaser. A teaser like that would have something that hints at the foundation of the story. Ultron taking over Iron Man's suit would be an arbitrary plot point at best. The teaser is hinting at something, and it MEANS something that Ultron is formed out of Iron Man's helmet. If they wanted to say Ultron takes over Iron Man's suit then they would not literally FORGE Ultron out of his helmet to say that.

It's all hearsay for now but there's no ****ing way you put that teaser being to mean Ultron takes over Iron Man's suit above it suggest Iron Man literally creating him on the possibilities list, since that's literally what the teaser is saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
While that could mean that Stark creates Ultron it's not definite and shouldn't be taken as it. It's one of many possibilities.
Yeah you're right but that's the one that's at the top of my possibilities list.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:54 PM   #61
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches

Yes! Bring on Ultron!

Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Asteroid-Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:57 PM   #62
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

This sounds great, kudos to all the fans who predicted Ultron!

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:04 AM   #63
conan69
Cimmerian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post

Unless you havent read a Avengers comic book since 1985.

This was the last one I ever read...

Last edited by conan69; 07-21-2013 at 12:11 AM.
conan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:06 AM   #64
conan69
Cimmerian

Quote:
Ant-Man comes after Avengers so that's not possible unless they only explore Ultron's origins in Ant-Man
I knew both were 2015, but was unaware of exact release dates.

conan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:07 AM   #65
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Wow, you're saying it's not that hard to figure out...you're pulling it completely out of nowhere! What's not hard to figure out is an obvious artistic technique to say that Ultron is formed from Iron Man. That's literally what it is saying. It meaning he takes over Iron Man's suit doesn't make any sense from the standpoint of a teaser. A teaser like that would have something that hints at the foundation of the story. Ultron taking over Iron Man's suit would be an arbitrary plot point at best. The teaser is hinting at something, and it MEANS something that Ultron is formed out of Iron Man's helmet. If they wanted to say Ultron takes over Iron Man's suit then they would not literally FORGE Ultron out of his helmet to say that.

It's all hearsay for now but there's no ****ing way you put that teaser being to mean Ultron takes over Iron Man's suit above it suggest Iron Man literally creating him on the possibilities list, since that's literally what the teaser is saying.

Yeah you're right but that's the one that's at the top of my possibilities list.
Yeah, I'm pulling it "completely out of nowhere."

Quote:
In June 2007, Marvel launched a new Avengers title called The Mighty Avengers by Brian Michael Bendis and Frank Cho. In the first six issue arc, Ultron interfaces with Iron Man's armor, which Iron Man had integrated with his biology. This allows Ultron's program to transform Iron Man into a new version of Ultron, that inexplicably has the appearance of the human Wasp, albeit with a metallic skin. This version takes control of Stark's technology. He kills the Sentry's wife, causing the Sentry to battle Ultron, nearly tearing his head off. This version is eventually destroyed by new Avenger Ares, who uses a computer virus (created by the Skrull agent Criti-Noll, who at the time was impersonating Henry Pym) to wipe Ultron's program from Iron Man's armor, changing Tony Stark back to normal. Ultron's image later briefly appears on one of Pym's computers.[31]
Obviously, you can leave out the Sentry and Ares and Skrulls, but the basics of the original storyline are there.

I'll tell you what *doesn't* make any sense: that Joss Whedon would kill Avengers canon outright by taking Pym off Ultron's backstory completely, and simultaneously bushwhack Edgar Wright's subsequent Ant-Man film in the process.

Pym belongs to Ultron. Ultron belongs to Pym. You and I both know that full well. No way is Joss going to throw that kind of Avengers canon down the crapper.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:13 AM   #66
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Yes, you are pulling it completely out of nowhere with this! How do you even get Ultron being FORGED from Iron Man's helmet to = Ultron takes over Iron Man's suit. The obvious first thing you should come to is Ultron is created from Iron Man, not that he takes him over.

This is not the comic books. Yes, Ultron is Pym's in the comic books but that means nothing in the MCU. Look at Mandarin. Look at every Iron Man villain. They've changed them all. Hell, we already know Pietro and Wanda will be fundamentally changed to an extent,

You have to look at what makes the most sense in the MCU, and what makes the most sense right now is for Iron Man to be the one to create Ultron. There are a lot more positives to him creating Ultron in the movieverse than Pym...whose only positive is really "we stayed true to the comics!" And like I keep saying, Pym may not be what we think he is in the MCU! Don't take that for granted. Everyone is just pretending like Wright never said in his Ant-Man script that Scott Lang is the primary protag and Pym is an old guy. That script may not be as changed as we thought.

I'm just saying at the very least prepare yourself to deal with it. Also, remember that for Ultron itself, Pym being specifically the one to build him does not really matter. All the prerequisite needs to be is a scientist who thinks he is bettering the world builds Ultron. That fits Tony to a tee. So all your worries are really founded on Pym's character being butchered, and like I said, he may not be at all like in the comics in the first place.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:15 AM   #67
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Pym belongs to Ultron. Ultron belongs to Pym. You and I both know that full well. No way is Joss going to throw that kind of Avengers canon down the crapper.
Yeah, Marvel's never done that before *coughmandarincough*

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:17 AM   #68
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:

Sam... Let's bring it down to warp factor one. It could just as easily be a metaphoric image using the iconography of what is currently the most popular character in the MCU Avengers roster to indicate that Ultron is a threat that can crush the teams combined power. Just saying.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:18 AM   #69
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

No, with cherokeesam it tends to be either his way or the highway. No other theory is ever a remote possibility.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:20 AM   #70
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
No, with cherokeesam it tends to be either his way or the highway. No other theory is ever a remote possibility.
I'll heed your advice... But only because you have what appears to be a short haired moonwalking Jesus as an Avvy.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:24 AM   #71
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I'll heed your advice... But only because you have what appears to be a short haired moonwalking Jesus as an Avvy.
Your intuition serves you well, my friend.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:25 AM   #72
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Yeah, I'm pulling it "completely out of nowhere."

Obviously, you can leave out the Sentry and Ares and Skrulls, but the basics of the original storyline are there.

I'll tell you what *doesn't* make any sense: that Joss Whedon would kill Avengers canon outright by taking Pym off Ultron's backstory completely, and simultaneously bushwhack Edgar Wright's subsequent Ant-Man film in the process.

That actually does make a perfect starting point for an Ultron as the villain Avengers movie. It actually allows for Ultron to still have been created by Pym too. I think about it like this: The Ultron A.I. somehow get's out and goes to the most tech advanced place: Stark's lab. There it overrides one of his suits taking it and fashioning his body out of it. Then a whole bunch of other stuff ensues. There's three places to go from here. 1) They could introduce the Pym's before they become heroes. Stark could go to Hank for advice on how to stop Ultron since he built the A.I. It could only be a cameo role. 2) They could introduce the Pym's as heroes in the final battle against Ultron. 3) They could give no indication of where Ultron came from and just have the Avengers figure out a way to defeat it on their own.

Option 1 would honestly be the best, imo, because it would allow Ant-Man to delve into the repercussions of Ultron on Pym and his subsequent decision to become a hero to never let something like Ultron happen again. This would be assuming Edgar Wright is up to making Ant-Man a continuation of Avengers.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:29 AM   #73
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Your intuition serves you well, my friend.

My mom was a huge LOST fan, as I was, and she got into POI for Ben Linus. She keeps telling me to check it out, but there are just so many hours in a day, y'know?

Old 07-21-2013, 12:29 AM   #74
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Sam... Let's bring it down to warp factor one. It could just as easily be a metaphoric image using the iconography of what is currently the most popular character in the MCU Avengers roster to indicate that Ultron is a threat that can crush the teams combined power. Just saying.
That's not his fault. I'm the one who said that's a metaphor for Iron Man creating Ultron (...which it is....)

Old 07-21-2013, 12:31 AM   #75
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's not his fault. I'm the one who said that's a metaphor for Iron Man creating Ultron (...which it is....)
We shall all see in time I suppose.