Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 01:32 AM   #951
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Like I said, getting the audience to care about new characters is Marvel's specialty. If he's introduced in something like Cap 2 or A2 the audience has a chance to care about the character before Ant-Man. This seems like too much of a great opportunity to pass up. Stark has had his arc and RDJ might not want to be in any more solo movies. A2 shouldn't be exploring Stark's conflict after creating Ultron since we've already seen the character in so many dark spots during his life. Pym is the one that will be getting a solo movie directly after A2, and I see it as the chance to show Pym's struggle with the events still very fresh on the audiences' minds. I think it's the route they'll take at the moment, but only time will tell.
Yes, but would they choose focusing on Ant-Man over Iron Man? Would they choose giving a new plotline to their most important character or giving it to a character they're just introducing and having Stark take some what of a backseat? They'd choose Tony every time, especially since, like I said, he's not getting a solo film with RDJ again.

But we'll see.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:34 AM   #952
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post
Nothing has been said that Pym won't have a hand in creating him. I don't know why so many people are jumping to this conclusion. So what if they had IM's helmet change to Ultron's. Ever stop to think that they just wanted to use the character who is the most successful so far and turn that into the villain because they thought it looked cool and had no bearing on the film whatsoever? Let's wait until we know some more plot details before we jump all over the place with this stuff.
No one's saying this isn't what they were doing. But when you do **** like that it usually means something. Them focusing specifically on Iron Man's head turning into Ultron means something. They don't do those kinds of things just because.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:34 AM   #953
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I'm not saying it HAS to be one or the other, I was just listing reasons why it makes more sense on a multitude of fronts to have Tony build Ultron in the MCU rather than Pym and how Joss and the guys at Marvel may be looking at it. Pym creating Ultron may mean a lot to us, but it means nothing to 99.9999999% of the rest of the population, and there are too many pros to having Tony do the deep than Pym to ignore just to be comic book faithful to something that doesn't even need to be cut and pasted from the comics.

Yeah but what were you guys expecting? For Tony to take a backseat in the Avengers? He's still going to be the pseudo-main character in those movies, especially since it doesn't look like he's getting another solo film anytime soon. I'm not saying he'll be the complete focus, but he will be integral to the plot in the same way Wolverine is in X-Men films. He was always going to have a new character arc. Tony's story is about a guy who tries his best to make the world a better place with his brain, and just always ends up ****ing it over by accident in the process. Him creating Ultron fits perfectly with that and opens up a whole new slew of routes they can take the character into, which they will definitely want for their most important character.
wait....what?

"Tony's story is about a guy who tries his best to make the world a better place with his brain, and just always ends up ****ing it over by accident in the process?"
Seriously?
That describes HANK PYM to a tee.
It doesn't describe TONY STARK at all.
Tony Stark tries his best to make the world a better place....and always succeeds.
Hank Pym tries his best to make the world a better place....and always fails.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 07-21-2013, 01:36 AM   #954
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Yes, but would they choose focusing on Ant-Man over Iron Man? Would they choose giving a new plotline to their most important character or giving it to a character they're just introducing and having Stark take some what of a backseat? They'd choose Tony every time, especially since, like I said, he's not getting a solo film with RDJ again.

But we'll see.
Stark's probably not getting a solo film again so soon, while Pym is a character that will be getting introduced in a couple of years. His world is just now beginning, and planting the seeds for his character to grow seems like a smart move by Marvel. Giving his character something heavy like the creation of Ultron might entice more people to want to see Ant-Man after watching AOU. Stark has already been through a lot, and Marvel has to expand.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:37 AM   #955
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:
No one's saying this isn't what they were doing. But when you do **** like that it usually means something. Them focusing specifically on Iron Man's head turning into Ultron means something. They don't do those kinds of things just because.
It's a teaser that they may never even release to the general public. They easily could have done it just because it was a cool design way to go about it. Marvel and Co also love their misdirection, and with the way some of these reactions are going, people are clearly taking the bait.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:39 AM   #956
thalidomide
The Enemy

My prediction:

Pym is introduce in A2

Creates Ultron prototype

Ultron becomes sentient and wreaks havoc.

Avengers defeats Ultron but still manages to survive

Pym decides to become Ant Man which leads to his solo film.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:41 AM   #957
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

I assume Pym will become Ant-Man(perhaps even Giant Man?) in AOU to aid the Avengers and put a stop to Ultron.

I wonder if Janet will be in AOU if Hank is. Maybe she'll be in Ant-Man, and be the one to lift Hank out of a possible depression.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:43 AM   #958
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
wait....what?

"Tony's story is about a guy who tries his best to make the world a better place with his brain, and just always ends up ****ing it over by accident in the process?"
Seriously?
That describes HANK PYM to a tee.
It doesn't describe TONY STARK at all.
Tony Stark tries his best to make the world a better place....and always succeeds.
Hank Pym tries his best to make the world a better place....and always fails.
IM: Tony's company is a weapon manufacturer that supposedly makes weapons for the greater good of America. Tony believes he's doing good. Turns out they're selling under the table to terrorist groups.

IM2: Tony thinks he is doing good by keeping the IM armor all to himself and claims there's no way anyone will be able to develop it in the next 10 years. Turns out his schematics end up in the hands of his enemies.

IM3: Tony thinks he is helping this girl by finishing her equation. Leads to the creation of AIM and all the power backing them up.

His story is all about him trying to do something good, ****ing up, and then fixing the **** up, If you call him fixing his **** ups succeeding then yes, he succeeds...but not before ****ing up in the first place. It would be the same situation with Ultron, except this would be his biggest **** up ever and the biggest clean job as well...which will likely have lasting repercussions.

Quote:
Stark's probably not getting a solo film again so soon, while Pym is a character that will be getting introduced in a couple of years. His world is just now beginning, and planting the seeds for his character to grow seems like a smart move by Marvel. Giving his character something heavy like the creation of Ultron might entice more people to want to see Ant-Man after watching AOU. Stark has already been through a lot, and Marvel has to expand.
Like I said, we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post
It's a teaser that they may never even release to the general public. They easily could have done it just because it was a cool design way to go about it. Marvel and Co also love their misdirection, and with the way some of these reactions are going, people are clearly taking the bait.
They also like doing clever things like giving you details and hints about something without saying anything or making them blatant. They did it all throughout IM3.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:46 AM   #959
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

I told everyone Ultron was gonna be the villain in Avengers 2, but noooo "Thanos" they said, "Masters of Evil" they said.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 07-21-2013, 01:46 AM   #960
thalidomide
The Enemy

Ultron is an actor played by Keanu Reeves.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:46 AM   #961
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
I assume Pym will become Ant-Man(perhaps even Giant Man?) in AOU to aid the Avengers and put a stop to Ultron.

I wonder if Janet will be in AOU if Hank is. Maybe she'll be in Ant-Man, and be the one to lift Hank out of a possible depression.

Just saying, but a climax where the Avengers lie strewn all over the battlefield or on their knees, restrained by drones before Ultron, with only Hank left standing and he unleashes an army of giant ants to turn the tide would make me happier than a clam at high tide.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:03 AM   #962
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I told everyone Ultron was gonna be the villain in Avengers 2, but noooo "Thanos" they said, "Masters of Evil" they said.

It's possible that the Masters will still be in the movie.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:04 AM   #963
Loki882
Side-Kick

So, any theories as to who Ultron is going to kill? Whedon did say that there would be death in the movie.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:05 AM   #964
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Coulson.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:06 AM   #965
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

Maybe Stark is more responsible for the physical body, but Ultron's soul is still based on Pym's brain patterns.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:08 AM   #966
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
So, any theories as to who Ultron is going to kill? Whedon did say that there would be death in the movie.
Knowing Joss Whedon it's going to be someone we really like lol.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:09 AM   #967
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Scott Lang? Hell, maybe after Pym created Ultron, and after he defeated him the first time (going by my theory of course) got all depressed and went into hiding. Scott Lang takes over as Ant-man, Giant-Man?

Ultron kills him, Pym comes into avengers 2 in some way, becomes an avenger. then, antman. maybe lol

Old 07-21-2013, 02:09 AM   #968
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Coulson.

I know it's a joke, but it makes me think even more how the SHIELD tv show will or will not be connected to all this.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:17 AM   #969
Loki882
Side-Kick

Maria Hill is appearing in the pilot episode, so there is at least some connection. I could see Ultron killing Fury and Hill becoming director of SHIELD.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:35 AM   #970
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

My bet. If Ultron kills a main character itll be Baron Zemo (when he takes over the MoE) and/or Captain America (who is temporarily replaced by Bucky).

Old 07-21-2013, 02:37 AM   #971
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Any chance they release the teaser online like they did last time? (Which is still epic to this day might I add.)
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 07-21-2013, 02:37 AM   #972
SpideyFan866
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy View Post
lol didn't el mayimbe say that Marvel was going to finally announce Dr. Strange at comic con? And that JGL is playing him?
Luckily for him, he labeled it a rumor when he reported that.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:39 AM   #973
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Knowing Joss Whedon it's going to be someone we really like lol.
Hmmm who do we really like...? That almost sounded like Tony Stark (until you see RDJ having a 2 film deal with Marvel to finish off the Avengers trilogy).

Old 07-21-2013, 02:44 AM   #974
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post
Hmmm who do we really like...? That almost sounded like Tony Stark (until you see RDJ having a 2 film deal with Marvel to finish off the Avengers trilogy).
Well... That Mighty Avengers story had Ultron use Tony Stark's body. Soooo.......

Old 07-21-2013, 02:50 AM   #975
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Like I said, getting the audience to care about new characters is Marvel's specialty. If he's introduced in something like Cap 2 or A2 the audience has a chance to care about the character before Ant-Man. This seems like too much of a great opportunity to pass up. Stark has had his arc and RDJ might not want to be in any more solo movies. A2 shouldn't be exploring Stark's conflict after creating Ultron since we've already seen the character in so many dark spots during his life. Pym is the one that will be getting a solo movie directly after A2, and I see it as the chance to show Pym's struggle with the events in AOU still very fresh on the audiences' minds. I think it's the route they'll take at the moment, but only time will tell.
I'm wondering the same thing tho the part where Logon goes back in time and kills Pym as part of a similar explanation as to absence in the other films.
It would be a great explanation but still where would Ultron come from the whole movie?

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Closed Thread