The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Misc. Superman Films

Old 07-21-2013, 01:23 AM   #176
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I don't buy that even for a second. His muscles/strength, his super reaction time, general invulnerability, hell the list goes on and on makes that just seem way off base to me. Also... I don't think Supes has to be defecated on just to make Bats cool in some way. Seeing what Henry C.'s insanely powerful Supes did in MOS (plus that trucker scene pretty much, in my eyes disproves your point even if he was a slack jawed moron and not the Batman) actually makes that a no go for for the GA in my humble opinion.
Can't wait till the GA are finally introduced to a batman that actually fixes this perception of him. To understand why batman can take out superman requires better understanding of their dynamic and all that they are capable off and limited by.
I don't see any man being able to do harm to superman and by this end of this film I hope it's established that batman isn't just any man(finally).

Old 07-21-2013, 01:24 AM   #177
ares834
Side-Kick

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Seeing what Henry C.'s insanely powerful Supes did in MOS (plus that trucker scene pretty much, in my eyes disproves your point even if he was a slack jawed moron and not the Batman) actually makes that a no go for for the GA in my humble opinion.
Eh, not so sure. For the GA if someone like Black Widow or even Capt. America did this, then yeah the GA would be angered and confused. But I doubt that they would be if Bats did it. The GA seem to buy into the "I'M THE GODDAMN BATMAN" excuse for some reason. It's why Batman beat Superman in the Injustice tournament and such.

ares834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:30 AM   #178
Loki882
Side-Kick

Superman has super reflexes, but he can still be caught by surprise. Do you all remember what happened next, Superman shoulder-tackled Batman so hard that he was barely conscious, so don't say that Superman was nerfed there.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:31 AM   #179
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I'm just more worried about how this film might just make many skeptics say that Superman can't hold his own film, needs batman to do so, couldn't take down Lex without his help, etc...even if they are all unfounded because Superman dare I say has more angry critics than Batman from what I've seen over the years.

Plus, it's not exactly inspiring to hear that Snyder IS A FAN of Miller's work..the same dude that destroyed Superman in TDKReturns
So, you think that in Avengers, other heroes were helping Thor cause he could not hold his own, and that's why we did not get Thor 2 (wait.. we did after the Avengers, so we could still get MOS 2) instead got Avengers ?

I don't think that the movie will take away focus from Superman and reduce his character development at the cost of Batman and other villain plot.

The haters who think Superman has many flaws will not go away even if we get a MOS 2 movie which makes 1 bil.

The writers job is to balance both heroes, still I guess we will get some posters who complain. lol.

*\S/T*
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:32 AM   #180
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Can't wait till the GA are finally introduced to a batman that actually fixes this perception of him. To understand why batman can take out superman requires better understanding of their dynamic and all that they are capable off and limited by.
I don't see any man being able to do harm to superman and by this end of this film I hope it's established that batman isn't just any man(finally).

Just to be clear, I love Batman. He is my #2 for sure and I believe he is one of the most dangerous men in the DCU. And I have no problem with a story of Batman clashing with Supes, and having strategy and tactics that can stymy or hell even defeat Superman. But have it make sense. No TDKRETURNS or Timmverse jive of him physically man handling Clark or winning in a way that discounts all of the things Superman can do. I prefer the mortal Bat-Master (my own head cannon term) to Morrison Bat-God for which things work out for him just because it's contrived by the writers.

KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:36 AM   #181
kalelvis
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm just more worried about how this film might just make many skeptics say that Superman can't hold his own film, needs batman to do so, couldn't take down Lex without his help, etc...even if they are all unfounded because Superman dare I say has more angry critics than Batman from what I've seen over the years.

Plus, it's not exactly inspiring to hear that Snyder IS A FAN of Miller's work..the same dude that destroyed Superman in TDKReturns
I can understand your concern. While I love TDKR as its own story, it certainly isn't my favorite portrayal of Superman. Even so, it does show a Superman that will do anything he can to save people.

It also makes it pretty clear that while Bruce takes him by surprise a couple of time, Clark is just planning on "running him around the corral" a couple of times. Bruce knows Clark well enough to know that he will take it easy on him and to take advantage of it. If Ollie wasn't there to poison Superman the fight would have been over pretty quickly after Clark started dismantling his armor.

But at heart Superman still has his character in-tact (aside from being a lap dog for the government).

Skeptics can say what they want. If I agreed with what critics say I would hate many of my favorite movies and books. Thankfully, the skeptics don't get to dictate my taste.

kalelvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:40 AM   #182
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Batman taking on Superman and defeating him for a limited period , is what many consider to be un believable.

But, If Batman can prepare a trap to neutralize Superman's powers, he can defeat him, and if Lex can get success sometimes in doing that, Batman can obviously do that.

But, I don't want to see such a scene on screen.

*\S/T*
Old 07-21-2013, 01:40 AM   #183
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
So, you think that in Avengers, other heroes were helping Thor cause he could not hold his own, and that's why we did not get Thor 2 (wait.. we did after the Avengers, so we could still get MOS 2) instead got Avengers ?

I don't think that the movie will take away focus from Superman and reduce his character development at the cost of Batman and other villain plot.

The haters who think Superman has many flaws will not go away even if we get a MOS 2 movie which makes 1 bil.

The writers job is to balance both heroes, still I guess we will get some posters who complain. lol.
But it's true; Thor would not have been able to say Earth or New York City from Loki's invasion on his own. By himself, he could take on Loki if Loki had no back up, but a huge armada of Aliens..well Thor would need with that.

And the Avengers was a group ensemble featuring all of the heroes as opposed to this two-man team up and Thor was already established in being who he was by that point.

Superman isn't even established as being "Superman" in his own world yet.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:48 AM   #184
Loki882
Side-Kick

Black Widow and Hawkeye weren't really heroes up to that point, they were spies and assassins. It took Fury lying to their faces for them to finally work together. Superman has already saved the world once, he'll be fine.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:27 AM   #185
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

All that remains to establish Superman as hero in eyes of Metropolis citizens is to show him helping people and smiling, earning their trust, which can be shown in this movie.

*\S/T*
Old 07-21-2013, 02:41 AM   #186
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Excuse me if this has been posted already (hard to keep up) but here is some fan footage of the announcement at Comic-Con:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:51 AM   #187
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
Excuse me if this has been posted already (hard to keep up) but here is some fan footage of the announcement at Comic-Con:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
even though he said that they're not adapting frank Miller's TDKR story line, the fact that Snyder chose that specific quote to reveal about Batman's presence in the film might be saying a lot in showing that in this next film, either Batman will be Superman's antagonist or that Batman will be the hero that beats Superman.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:54 AM   #188
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
even though he said that they're not adapting frank Miller's TDKR story line, the fact that Snyder chose that specific quote to reveal about Batman's presence in the film might be saying a lot in showing that in this next film, either Batman will be Superman's antagonist or that Batman will be the hero that beats Superman.
Gotta admit this shows Snyder's love for Batman and his chance to make a movie featuring him. And that Snyder likes Frank Miller's view on the Superman/Batman dynamic in some way.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:56 AM   #189
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

He could've just used the quote as a hint to build up the reveal. It's from a very well known book that most Batman and Superman fans would know.

Some of you are really reading too much into this. We have no idea what they're planning yet.

Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:58 AM   #190
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

2015 seems miles away but at least I have ASM to tide me over (understatement) till then

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:59 AM   #191
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Gotta admit this shows Snyder's love for Batman and his chance to make a movie featuring him. And that Snyder likes Frank Miller's view on the Superman/Batman dynamic in some way.
Which isn't a good thing in my honest opinion since Superman was portrayed as a tyrant and dumbass in Frank Miller's take while Batman was the righteous hero who sacrificed his life, etc.

Anyways, 2015 will no doubt be a great year for Batman fans. Superman fans on the other hand, well that's difficult to say at the moment.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:00 AM   #192
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
He could've just used the quote as a hint to build up the reveal. It's from a very well known book that most Batman and Superman fans would know.

Some of you are really reading too much into this. We have no idea what they're planning yet.
Quote:
Which isn't a good thing in my honest opinion since Superman was portrayed as a tyrant and dumbass in Frank Miller's take while Batman was the righteous hero who sacrificed his life, etc.
Snyder could turn on its head, and play with expectations about both Superman and Batman. There's always that debate about the both of them.

And remember last comic-con someone asked him who would win in a fight and he said there was no question (Superman.) But again, since he's working with both of them now he could play around with all those kinds of debates.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:00 AM   #193
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Snyder always goes for what he thinks is "awsome" and "cool" to fans.

It really means little, as the script will be subjected to rewrites and then it will be fine tuned many times.

*\S/T*
Old 07-21-2013, 03:00 AM   #194
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
He could've just used the quote because it's cool. Some of you are really reading too much into this.
I think Snyder used the quote because it's probably the must recognisable Batman/Superman quote. There are few Batman/Superman quotes I would recognise with no imagery or context.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:02 AM   #195
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:

Anyways, 2015 will no doubt be a great year for Batman fans. Superman fans on the other hand, well that's difficult to say at the moment.
It's only natural to route for Batman, he's human.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:03 AM   #196
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
Snyder always goes for what he thinks is "awsome" and "cool" to fans.

It really means little, as the script will be subjected to rewrites and then it will be fine tuned many times.
True, but truth be told, the only probable way to make Batman look great in this film would be to show audiences that Batman, even though human, could still beat Superman if he wanted to and planned in advance, etc.

There's no way that they'd allow Batman to be castrated by Superman by having Superman show that he could easily beat Batman in a head on confrontation, but Superman being beaten by will and brains is something they're more okay with.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:06 AM   #197
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
True, but truth be told, the only probable way to make Batman look great in this film would be to show audiences that Batman, even though human, could still beat Superman if he wanted to and planned in advance, etc.

There's no way that they'd allow Batman to be castrated by Superman by having Superman show that he could easily beat Batman in a head on confrontation, but Superman being beaten by will and brains is something they're more okay with.
Well, here's hoping it's not a vs. movie and about them taking on a threat together. There may be that initial distrust but I don't think it will go as far as the Frank Miller story, nor will Superman be portrayed the way he was in that story, since he wasn't that way in MOS.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:07 AM   #198
Asgard
Kanga Fu

Has anyone remarked on the different direction WB/DC may be going in terms of their superhero movies/mashups?

Aside from the Black Widow/Nick Fury character, no major Marvel superhero has anything to do with another hero's movie. Theyve always appeared or have been alluded to in an after credit scene.

With MOS2/Worlds Finest, we'll be getting two major superheros teaming up over the course of one their movies. Marvel has yet to do this and I think this could lead to some interesting matchups leading up to a JL movie.

Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:08 AM   #199
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Well, here's hoping it's not a vs. movie and about them taking on a threat together. There may be that initial distrust but I don't think it will go as far as the Frank Miller story, nor will Superman be portrayed the way he was in that story, since he wasn't that way in MOS.
I'd be all for a 'vs' movie as I want to see a battle of wits as apposed to the action fest we got in MoS.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:09 AM   #200
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
Has anyone remarked on the different direction WB/DC may be going in terms of their superhero movies/mashups?

Aside from the Black Widow/Nick Fury character, no major Marvel superhero has anything to do with another hero's movie. Theyve always appeared or have been alluded to in an after credit scene.

With MOS2/Worlds Finest, we'll be getting two major superheros teaming up over the course of one their movies. Marvel has yet to do this and I think this could lead to some interesting matchups leading up to a JL movie.
It's a crying shame Marvel don't have Spider-Man as I would be all over Spider-Man and Daredevil in a movie together.