The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Misc. Superman Films

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2013, 03:10 AM   #201
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,241
Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
Well, here's hoping it's not a vs. movie and about them taking on a threat together. There may be that initial distrust but I don't think it will go as far as the Frank Miller story, nor will Superman be portrayed the way he was in that story, since he wasn't that way in MOS.

A part of me still so much hopes that Batman isn't a "protagonist" but treated as a supporting character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
I'd be all for a 'vs' movie as I want to see a battle of wits as apposed to the action fest we got in MoS.
It's already a given that Batman would be allowed to win this match since people think it'd be cliche for some reason for superman to win.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:13 AM   #202
Willi Berg
Side-Kick
 
Willi Berg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,952
Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
I'd be all for a 'vs' movie as I want to see a battle of wits as apposed to the action fest we got in MoS.
To a degree but to make one the victor, say, to make Batman the victor over Superman, Superman fans are just going to be even more pissed! Or vice versa. I think it'll probably be that old realisation that neither are the threat, it's someone else.

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:14 AM   #203
spider-neil
spins a web any size!
 
spider-neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,279
Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
A part of me still so much hopes that Batman isn't a "protagonist" but treated as a supporting character.



It's already a given that Batman would be allowed to win this match since people think it'd be cliche for some reason for superman to win.
Superman winning a Batman/Superman battle doesn't have much drama.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:15 AM   #204
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick
 
Bruce Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Stay out of my territory
Posts: 5,822
Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
A part of me still so much hopes that Batman isn't a "protagonist" but treated as a supporting character.



It's already a given that Batman would be allowed to win this match since people think it'd be cliche for some reason for superman to win.
God I'm the exact opposite on that. I hope it's at least 50/50 the both of them or I wouldn't even include Batman. You don't put Batman in as a supporting character, he's not hawkeye.

This is why i'm still confused over their announcement. I can't tell what this films is yet a sequel to MoS or a whole new series with Batman and superman? I think they need to release the title soon.

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:16 AM   #205
spider-neil
spins a web any size!
 
spider-neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,279
Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
To a degree but to make one the victor, say, to make Batman the victor over Superman, Superman fans are just going to be even more pissed! Or vice versa. I think it'll probably be that old realisation that neither are the threat, it's someone else.

Are Superman fans pissed at the ending of TDKR(eturns)?

I loved it personally but then I'm a Spidey fan

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:20 AM   #206
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,241
Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
Superman winning a Batman/Superman battle doesn't have much drama.
I'd like to think that the pissed off superman fans that comes after that happens would be enough drama.haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
God I'm the exact opposite on that. I hope it's at least 50/50 the both of them or I wouldn't even include Batman. You don't put Batman in as a supporting character, he's not hawkeye.

This is why i'm still confused over their announcement. I can't tell what this films is yet a sequel to MoS or a whole new series with Batman and superman? I think they need to release the title soon.
Well, in that case, I'd definitely like to see how batman fans would feel someday if Superman came down and crashed Superman's thunder just to see how they'd react on it as well.

People say that it's okay for Batman to beat Superman, but not the other way around.

People say that it's okay for Batman to remain corruption free, but not so much for Superman...

People say that it's okay for Batman to appear in as a equally important character after Superman's first big film in quite awhile, yet they'd probably say differently if it were the other way around.

Anyone sensing a bad pattern here?lol

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:22 AM   #207
spider-neil
spins a web any size!
 
spider-neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,279
Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I'd like to think that the pissed off superman fans that comes after that happens would be enough drama.haha



Well, in that case, I'd definitely like to see how batman fans would feel someday if Superman came down and crashed Superman's thunder just to see how they'd react on it as well.

People say that it's okay for Batman to beat Superman, but not the other way around.

People say that it's okay for Batman to remain corruption free, but not so much for Superman...

People say that it's okay for Batman to appear in as a equally important character after Superman's first big film in quite awhile, yet they'd probably say differently if it were the other way around.

Anyone sensing a bad pattern here?lol

Batman can get away with these thing, Superman can't because he is supposed to be a symbol, an inspiration.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:23 AM   #208
Willi Berg
Side-Kick
 
Willi Berg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,952
Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
Are Superman fans pissed at the ending of TDKR(eturns)?

I loved it personally but then I'm a Spidey fan
Like in a lot of Miller's portrayals of the heroes, Superman was portrayed in a very extreme, cheesy way. We already know that this version of Superman onscreen is not like that. He's not so goody two-shoes, militantly patriotic etc. MOS made a lot of effort to change that perception.

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:25 AM   #209
spider-neil
spins a web any size!
 
spider-neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,279
Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
Like in a lot of Miller's portrayals of the heroes, Superman was portrayed in a very extreme, cheesy way. We already know that this version of Superman onscreen is not like that. He's not so goody two-shoes, militantly patriotic etc. MOS made a lot of effort to change that perception.
To the detriment of the movie a lot of critics would argue.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:26 AM   #210
antonydelfini
Captain's Orders
 
antonydelfini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,632
Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
Well, here's hoping it's not a vs. movie and about them taking on a threat together. There may be that initial distrust but I don't think it will go as far as the Frank Miller story, nor will Superman be portrayed the way he was in that story, since he wasn't that way in MOS.
Exactly. I loved the "you can never control me, i'd help on my own terms" speeches Supes gave in MOS. That's the alpha male Supes I love. I hate Miller's government lap dog boy scout.

Anyway IMO, the way to make both Supes and Bats shine is for them to have different heroic feats in the movie (Supes brawling with robots and other super-powered guys, saving, inspiring and rescuing civilians. Bats doing detective work, owning human goons, interrogating criminals, etc.)

antonydelfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:27 AM   #211
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick
 
Bruce Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Stay out of my territory
Posts: 5,822
Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I'd like to think that the pissed off superman fans that comes after that happens would be enough drama.haha



Well, in that case, I'd definitely like to see how batman fans would feel someday if Superman came down and crashed Superman's thunder just to see how they'd react on it as well.

People say that it's okay for Batman to beat Superman, but not the other way around.

People say that it's okay for Batman to remain corruption free, but not so much for Superman...

People say that it's okay for Batman to appear in as a equally important character after Superman's first big film in quite awhile, yet they'd probably say differently if it were the other way around.

Anyone sensing a bad pattern here?lol
That goes to writing and frankly you wouldn't have to diminish Batman to a featured role to balance things between them. That's almost the cheap lazy way to do it?

I would have been more than fine with a pure MoS sequel but since we apparently have batman coming in they have to deal with it and give his character and superman's the respect they both deserve.

I do see your point but there's no need to take it out on Batman as a character.

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:28 AM   #212
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,241
Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
Batman can get away with these thing, Superman can't because he is supposed to be a symbol, an inspiration.
Nolan's Batman is supposed to represent that same in a way.


In any case; man, I've never dreaded about a film as much as I have now.I feel like this film has the potential to damage Superman in ways that SR and even the Quest for Peace didn't/couldn't.

Superman could lose his manhood, solo films, Lois, and other things to Batman with the creation of this film.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:29 AM   #213
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,241
Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
That goes to writing and frankly you wouldn't have to diminish Batman to a featured role to balance things between them. That's almost the cheap lazy way to do it?

I would have been more than fine with a pure MoS sequel but since we apparently have batman coming in they have to deal with it and give his character and superman's the respect they both deserve.

I do see your point but there's no need to take it out on Batman as a character.
the problem is, every time Batman has appeared on screen with Superman, he's always given the "upper hand" in a lot of things, whether it be getting Lois, saving the day, or looking more badass than Superman.

So I'm in no way looking forward to this at all.

i wouldn't be surprised if Batman "saves the day" and superman in the climax of this film.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:29 AM   #214
tomoe
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 420
Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
A part of me still so much hopes that Batman isn't a "protagonist" but treated as a supporting character.



It's already a given that Batman would be allowed to win this match since people think it'd be cliche for some reason for superman to win.
I actually think by now it's cliche and expected for Batman to win since he is given preferential treatment all the freaking time. I think it would actually be more of a shocker if Superman won because people would be expecting the opposite. I do not want to see Superman outsmarted by Batman. He should be able to see and hear Batman "prepping" from miles away. I don't even want to see them fight.

tomoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:32 AM   #215
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 25,897
Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Saying they are inspired by TDKR was stupid. If they base Superman and the story off it, they are stupid.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:33 AM   #216
Willi Berg
Side-Kick
 
Willi Berg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,952
Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
To the detriment of the movie a lot of critics would argue.
And then you'd have critics on the other side who would hate that. You can't please everyone and that is the kind of Superman Snyder and Goyer wanted to portray. And I don't believe that many Superman fans would want him be portrayed the way he was in Frank Miller's version or be as extreme in those ways.

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:33 AM   #217
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 12,025
Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Nolan's Batman is supposed to represent that same in a way.


In any case; man, I've never dreaded about a film as much as I have now.I feel like this film has the potential to damage Superman in ways that SR and even the Quest for Peace didn't/couldn't.

Superman could lose his manhood, solo films, Lois, and other things to Batman with the creation of this film.

Lee.... Did you take a multi-Debbie Downer Vitamin when you logged on today, or what?

KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:33 AM   #218
tomoe
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 420
Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Saying they are inspired by TDKR was stupid. If they base Superman and the story off it, they are stupid.
Maybe they are stupid.

tomoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:34 AM   #219
spider-neil
spins a web any size!
 
spider-neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,279
Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Nolan's Batman is supposed to represent that same in a way.


In any case; man, I've never dreaded about a film as much as I have now.I feel like this film has the potential to damage Superman in ways that SR and even the Quest for Peace didn't/couldn't.

Superman could lose his manhood, solo films, Lois, and other things to Batman with the creation of this film.
I think the movie will give both characters their 'moment' and if this a MoS sequel (not confirmed either way) then Superman gets the upper hand.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:36 AM   #220
spider-neil
spins a web any size!
 
spider-neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,279
Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

My concern is once you let the cat out of the bag it will be very difficult to get it back in again. By that I mean Superman and Batman together is epic so will the solo movie feel as epic afterwards. In IM 3 I'm sure people were wondering were the Avengers were.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:37 AM   #221
Willi Berg
Side-Kick
 
Willi Berg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,952
Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonydelfini View Post
Exactly. I loved the "you can never control me, i'd help on my own terms" speeches Supes gave in MOS. That's the alpha male Supes I love. I hate Miller's government lap dog boy scout.

Anyway IMO, the way to make both Supes and Bats shine is for them to have different heroic feats in the movie (Supes brawling with robots and other super-powered guys, saving, inspiring and rescuing civilians. Bats doing detective work, owning human goons, interrogating criminals, etc.)
Exactly. It would be good to see their different methods and it being more than just a brawl between the two of them. They do things differently and the conflict between them doesn't just have to be about fighting, but how they handle a crisis.

I do want to see what they are good at, not just as Superman and Batman, but Clark as a reporter, Bruce as a businessman etc. etc.

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:38 AM   #222
PacificBoy
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,214
Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

The story should have Supes and Bats antagonistic at the start, and have a tiny fan service exchange like in The Avengers' Iron Man vs Thor vs Caps and Thor vs Hulk, but don't make into a versus movie. No character will come on tops in that scenario.

If MOS was polarizing, boy, is this gonna divisive or what. Look at the sheer number of camps. Donnerites, Nolanites, Burtonians, Superman comic fanboys, Batman followers, etc.

PacificBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:39 AM   #223
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,241
Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Saying they are inspired by TDKR was stupid. If they base Superman and the story off it, they are stupid.
Indeed, especially considering that they'd be contradicting what they established of the character in the first film, but then again, people have made even worse decisions with comic book character properties in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Lee.... Did you take a multi-Debbie Downer Vitamin when you logged on today, or what?



herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:41 AM   #224
Doc Ock
1951-2014
 
Doc Ock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 7,412
Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
And then you'd have critics on the other side who would hate that. You can't please everyone and that is the kind of Superman Snyder and Goyer wanted to portray. And I don't believe that many Superman fans would want him be portrayed the way he was in Frank Miller's version or be as extreme in those ways.
I haven't seen Man of Steel yet (some personal stuff kinda prevented me from seeing it so it looks like Blu-Ray for me) and have heard complaints in regards to Superman and accidentally stumbled upon some spoilers about the film that make me uneasy but I agree, the Miller version of Supes would be awful to see! Although there is some great imagery Miller's version wasn't true to the character at the core.

__________________
The Winter Soldier - 9/10 | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 6.5/10 | Days of Future Past - 9/10 | TMNT - ???? | Guardians of the Galaxy - 10/10
Doc Ock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:42 AM   #225
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,241
Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificBoy View Post
The story should have Supes and Bats antagonistic at the start, and have a tiny fan service exchange like in The Avengers' Iron Man vs Thor vs Caps and Thor vs Hulk, but don't make into a versus movie. No character will come on tops in that scenario.

If MOS was polarizing, boy, is this gonna divisive or what. Look at the sheer number of camps. Donnerites, Nolanites, Burtonians, Superman comic fanboys, Batman followers, etc.
Oh yeah, unless Goyer and Snyder come up with a brilliant story where both characters are done well without making the other one look like ****, which I highly doubt that they'll be able to, then people will bash this film even more.

If people think that MOS got bashed a lot, wait till you see how much this film COULD get bashed if done wrong.

And sadly, I think Batman fans are the ones that are safe since no matter what happens, i think Batman will be portrayed as the end all be all of human heroes on Earth, with no rivals whatsoever.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.