Iron Man Trilogy 48 49.48%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-20-2013, 11:58 AM   #51
BlackFox
Red 5 standing by

Default Re: Spider-Man Trilogy vs Iron Man Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post
Really? You consider the original Spider-Man to be a better film than the original Iron Man?

I mean...to each, his own...but I think that's the first time I've ever run across anyone with that opinion.
Yeah Ironman was decent not saying it isnt but SM just had a little bit more for me, a bit more heart and a bit more substance and felt the final third of IM didnt live up to the first two acts.

If I am the first one with that opinion I guess that makes me a pioneer

As you say though, to each their own.

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:12 PM   #52
Arrowhead
Webhead

I'm a bit biased, but I think SM. The SM trilogy had two good films, while the IM trilogy only had one, in my opinion.

SM2/IM
SM

SM3/IM3
IM2

1. The Spectacular Spider-Man (TV) 2. Arrow (TV) 3. Batman: TAS (TV) 4. The Dark Knight 5. Batman Begins 6. The Wolverine 7. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 8. The Avengers 9. Spider-Man 2 10. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Arrowhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:59 PM   #53
Green Goblin
The Nostalga Strikes Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehnhart View Post
I'm a bit biased, but I think SM. The SM trilogy had two good films, while the IM trilogy only had one, in my opinion.

SM2/IM
SM

SM3/IM3
IM2
spot on

Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:59 AM   #54
kedrell
PopularisCulturaFanaticus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
Me personally, I prefer Amazing simply because I like Ultimate Spider-Man, but SM2 is the best SM film so far. I'd say TDK is the best sequel but apparently you don't like it? LOL
I don't just not like that movie, I despise it. It's one of the worst movies(comic book/superhero or not) that I've ever seen. An incredible step DOWN from Begins which for my money is the only Batman ANYTHING that doesn't suck. As for SM2, sure, it's the best of the Raimi trilogy but I don't think that's saying much. The best those films could muster was a mediocre effort. Plus there's the fact that Raimi's sensibilities to me are the cinematic equivalent of nails on a chalkboard. Maybe Steve Urkel would appreciate his sense of humor but I sure don't.

Last edited by kedrell; 07-21-2013 at 07:04 AM.
kedrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:45 AM   #55
Airwings
Waves of air

Spider-Man, no doubt about it.

Airwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #56
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Spider-man 2 is the best film of the six films in battling comparison. However, Iron Man comes out on top over Raimi's first, and Iron man 3 effectively pegs Spider-man 3 with a ball gag in its mouth. So overall, Iron Man edges out for me.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:55 AM   #57
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
I don't just not like that movie, I despise it. It's one of the worst movies(comic book/superhero or not) that I've ever seen. An incredible step DOWN from Begins which for my money is the only Batman ANYTHING that doesn't suck. As for SM2, sure, it's the best of the Raimi trilogy but I don't think that's saying much. The best those films could muster was a mediocre effort. Plus there's the fact that Raimi's sensibilities to me are the cinematic equivalent of nails on a chalkboard. Maybe Steve Urkel would appreciate his sense of humor but I sure don't.
It's you who's out gobby. Out of your mind!

Old 07-22-2013, 02:30 AM   #58
Rorschach2012
$

I havent seen IM3 yet
but...

Spider Man 1
Spider-Man 2
Iron Man
Spider-Man 3
Iron Man 2

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:21 AM   #59
kedrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
It's you who's out gobby. Out of your mind!

And lines like that are the reason I have little love/like for the Raimi movies. Awful.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #60
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Heh heh. I will admit that I scratch my head regarding your opinion of TDK. But I won't argue it. I'm sure you have your reasons. If I were to say something about Batman Begins over TDK is that it succeeds far more at making Batman himself a character I want to see on screen rather than just his villains (Two-Face, Joker and Bane). Thats enough of that though.

I do agree with your opinion of Raimi though.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:42 AM   #61
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

VERY surprised to see Spidey on top now, as I said earlier in the thread, normally its the newer franchise which tends to win these things, especially when the trilogies are quite close in quality which I think these 2 are.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #62
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
did you just put spider-man 3 2nd?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
That's a first.

It's a fun movie. What can i do ?

It might not be a good spiderman movie. But even the best spiderman movie isn't that good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
VERY surprised to see Spidey on top now, as I said earlier in the thread, normally its the newer franchise which tends to win these things, especially when the trilogies are quite close in quality which I think these 2 are.
I dont think its that close. Iron Man trilogy doesnt have a single spark. I dont want to say that all of them are awful , but outside of rdj...they are just phenomenally unengaging.

Raimi always knew his audience , and played a lot with some comic conventions.

Last edited by Tequilla; 07-22-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:44 PM   #63
kedrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Heh heh. I will admit that I scratch my head regarding your opinion of TDK. But I won't argue it. I'm sure you have your reasons. If I were to say something about Batman Begins over TDK is that it succeeds far more at making Batman himself a character I want to see on screen rather than just his villains (Two-Face, Joker and Bane). Thats enough of that though.

I do agree with your opinion of Raimi though.

That's ok, I've been scratching my head regarding how most people react to TDK since 2008. I just don't get what anyone sees in it. They all complain when a film takes the easy/cheat route and has things happen simply because the movie needs them to happen or in other words it's like the director/writer saying "it happens this way because I say so". Virtually ALL films that try that get bashed for that kind of BS. Rightly so, I might add. But TDK which is the King Kong of films that pull that BS gets a free pass. Bonkers, simply bonkers.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:48 PM   #64
kedrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Well, I've long questioned the judgment of many a person here on SHH so I can't say I'm surprised. I don't think the quality is remotely close.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #65
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

For once its nice to see a close match against the The Dark Knight trilogy that seems to always win these polls in some form or another.

And kedrell, I love your opinions even though I rarely agree with them! (Although I might agree with you on TDK, in fact I do in regards to Begins is the superior film...)

Old 07-22-2013, 08:43 PM   #66
Upset Spideyfan
Look on the bright side

Spider-Man had 2 great movies and one mediocre one. Iron Man had 1 great movie and two at best okay one's so SM.

To rate them:

Spider-Man 2>Iron Man>Spider-Man>Iron Man 2>Spider-Man 3=Iron Man 3

: Why?
The Doctor
: Because the front crashes first. Think it through.
Upset Spideyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:01 AM   #67
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

The Iron Man trilogy. Those movies were actually good.

The only original Spider-Man movie I think is good is 2. 1 was good for it's time, but has ages horribly; 3 was & always shall be a POS.

The original Iron Man movie is my third favorite superhero movie. 2 & 3 are good movies; people just don't like them because they expected to much from them.

The Iron Man movies also got the main character right; the Spider-Man movies didn't (lucky ASM fixed that). Peter Parker was pre-bite socially awkward Peter the whole time during those movies; even when he had the mask on. That's not the Spider-Man I know

Iron Man > Iron Man 3 > Spider-Man 2 > Iron Man 2 > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 3

FYI I put ASM before IM3

Last edited by Spider-Vader; 07-23-2013 at 03:08 AM.
Spider-Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:33 AM   #68
weezerspider
Side-Kick

Spiderman 2
Spiderman

Iron Man
Iron Man 3

Iron Man 2

Spiderman 3

This is hard. The Iron Man trilogy doesn't have a single great film, where as Spiderman 2 is second only to TDK in the genre and Spiderman is a true pioneer in the genre. However, Iron Man doesn't have anything nearly as bad as Spiderman 3. Iron Man is more consistent, but the first two Spiderman kick any Iron Man film's ass.

Old 07-23-2013, 10:47 AM   #69
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilla View Post

I dont think its that close. Iron Man trilogy doesnt have a single spark. I dont want to say that all of them are awful , but outside of rdj...they are just phenomenally unengaging.

Raimi always knew his audience , and played a lot with some comic conventions.
I kind of agree on the Iron Man trilogy, I liked it, but even IM wasnt as good as people made it out to be. The first movie is the best no doubt, but I just dont know why it got such glowing reviews. No IM film would make it into my top 10 CBM's.

Spidey 1 and 2 however are still amazing and 2 is still in my top 5.

Quote:
Well, I've long questioned the judgment of many a person here on SHH so I can't say I'm surprised. I don't think the quality is remotely close.
I do think Spiderman deserves to win though, I think this is were we differ. No IM movie is as good as Spiderman 2 for me.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:57 PM   #70
Spiderine
Business as Usual

Even though out of all six movies Spiderman 3 is the weakest link for me I would go with Spiderman. Spiderman 2 carries much of the weight.

Spiderine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #71
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
For once its nice to see a close match against the The Dark Knight trilogy that seems to always win these polls in some form or another.

And kedrell, I love your opinions even though I rarely agree with them! (Although I might agree with you on TDK, in fact I do in regards to Begins is the superior film...)
Not just these polls.

Old 07-23-2013, 07:21 PM   #72
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
Not just these polls.
Yeah, stinking Internet.

Old 07-23-2013, 07:54 PM   #73
ares834
Side-Kick

Both IM and SM have a great film (SM2 and IM).

But SM has one mediocre film (SM3) and one good one (SM) while IM has two mediocre films (IM2 and 3).

Spider man wins this for me.

ares834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:46 PM   #74
kedrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post

That's very kind of you to say. Thank you.

All too often I feel like the Armond White of this site.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #75
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's very kind of you to say. Thank you.

All too often I feel like the Armond White of this site.
Out of curiosity, why don't you like TDK? I'm not going to start a debate by the way, I'm honestly just curious.