The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 12:57 PM   #51
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
Movie master you posted yourself the quote from empire that said AU is just a borrowed title. Has nothing to do with the AU comic arc. So why are you asking the connection between the AU arc and the IG?
I didn't see the Empire quote until after I'd asked about the comics connection between AoU and Infinity

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 07-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #52
Mr. Dent

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 4

Looking back at IM3 they already set up a route to introduce Ultron. Tony basically did it when he created armors that could be controlled by Jarvis and the AI ****ed up. He might take it to the next level in A2 and have Jarvis controlling armors and such to help out...and the AI ****s up just like in IM3.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Old 07-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #53
Broseph44
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Looking back at IM3 they already set up a route to introduce Ultron. Tony basically did it when he created armors that could be controlled by Jarvis and the AI ****ed up. He might take it to the next level in A2 and have Jarvis controlling armors and such to help out...and the AI ****s up just like in IM3.
Which I honestly wouldn't mind at all. Cause so far in the MCU this would make sense.

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?

Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:03 PM   #54
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

I'm not fond of Tony solely creating Ultron. I won't complain, though. Too happy to do that.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:07 PM   #55
HUMANIMAL

i've just read that frank grillo said he'll appear in avengrs 2...whats with that news?

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 07-21-2013, 01:09 PM   #56
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMANIMAL View Post
i've just read that frank grillo said he'll appear in avengrs 2...whats with that news?
well from what I read Cap 2 is what spins into Avengers 2

You can't judge a film's screenplay until you read the screenplay.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #57
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
So no Pym in the avengers and he doesn't create ultron
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I'm not fond of Tony solely creating Ultron. I won't complain, though. Too happy to do that.
I will complain. That's retarded.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #58
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMANIMAL View Post
MoE probably.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:13 PM   #59
Broseph44
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I will complain. That's retarded.
How is it retarded when it makes sense in the MCU, and ant-man is after AU? I can already tell this is gonna be like Mandarin all over again. People can't accept some changes being made. Where most of the elements of the original stories are there, but switched in a way to work with the current marvel universe within the films. It's not all copy and pasted perfectly from the comic.

Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:17 PM   #60
ares834
Side-Kick

Quote:
How is it retarded when it makes sense in the MCU, and ant-man is after AU? I can already tell this is gonna be like Mandarin all over again. People can't accept some changes being made. Where most of the elements of the original stories are there, but switched in a way to work with the current marvel universe within the films. It's not all copy and pasted perfectly from the comic.
The problem is the fact that Pym created Ultron is pretty much the most important part for both characters. If you are going to do a movie adaptation of comics; you should respect the characters and not create drastic changes.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:18 PM   #61
babykhris
Side-Kick

It's not impossible to do Ultron without Pym. If anyone seen the Next Avengers DTV Tony built Ultron and it's been stated during AEMH that Pym and Tony built Ultron.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:19 PM   #62
marcvader
Lurker #1

Difference is Mandarin is not = to the Pyms

Twitter- @mrpink13
VARTHA FOR MOD
Old 07-21-2013, 01:20 PM   #63
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Thanos and Maria Hill were introduced in The Avengers. Why can't Hank Pym be introduced in AoU? Wanda and Pietro are introduced in AoU, why can't Hank Pym be introduced in AoU?

Everyone was pissed when Tony betrayed the Avengers and killed Cap in the comics. And now you're saying its a good idea for him to betray the planet and potentially destroy millions of lives by creating Ultron?

That's Pym's job. What is Henry Pym's story if not to invent the AI that nearly destroys mankind?

Old 07-21-2013, 01:21 PM   #64
Broseph44
Side-Kick

Still doesn't matter. It makes sense in this universe that tony could be behind ultron's creation. And as babykhris said there have been iterations with tony taking part in his creation.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:21 PM   #65
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Quote:
How is it retarded when it makes sense in the MCU, and ant-man is after AU? I can already tell this is gonna be like Mandarin all over again. People can't accept some changes being made.
Yup, a justifiable change done in a clever way that will drive many fans nuts. And to the people saying this will render the following Ant-Man film pointless--

Do you really not see why that's insane? You only want a character because he's responsible for another, instead of being interesting on his own merits? If you think Ultron is all Pym is good for, you should actually be less upset about this, since it's not tarnishing a character you care about; just one you apparently only see as a tool for a storyline you want directly adapted just because "it was that way in the comics."

Old 07-21-2013, 01:22 PM   #66
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Well Pym could be the creator if Ultron does come from the future. He wouldn't have to be involved in AOU, because he hasn't created him yet in that timeline. Maybe they find out who created him toward the end of the movie, but at that point it's too late to search for Pym. It could be a guessing game throughout the movie, wondering who was responsible for Ultron's creation.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:22 PM   #67
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain

I always wanted to see Ultron in the Sequel! Yes!

Old 07-21-2013, 01:23 PM   #68
Broseph44
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Thanos and Maria Hill were introduced in The Avengers. Why can't Hank Pym be introduced in AoU? Wanda and Pietro are introduced in AoU, why can't Hank Pym be introduced in AoU?

Everyone was pissed when Tony betrayed the Avengers and killed Cap in the comics. And now you're saying its a good idea for him to betray the planet and potentially destroy millions of lives by creating Ultron?

That's Pym's job. What is Henry Pym's story if not to invent the AI that nearly destroys mankind?
Hahahaha not once did I say it's okay for tony to betray the planet and destroy millions, you do realize that the it would be an accident right? Tony wouldn't be plotting some evil plan. And hank very well can be introduced in AOU. I'm just saying if he isn't, and it's tony that creates Ultron in the context of the MCU it makes sense. With what we've seen from IM3.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #69
Rock Sexton
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Well Pym could be the creator if Ultron does come from the future. He wouldn't have to be involved in AOU, because he hasn't created him yet in that timeline. Maybe they find out who created him toward the end of the movie, but at that point it's too late to search for Pym. It could be a guessing game throughout the movie, wondering who was responsible for Ultron's creation.
They're not messing with time travel. A marvel exec was quote yesterday saying that.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:25 PM   #70
Broseph44
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
Yup, a justifiable change done in a clever way that will drive many fans nuts. And to the people saying this will render the following Ant-Man film pointless--

Do you really not see why that's insane? You only want a character because he's responsible for another, instead of being interesting on his own merits? If you think Ultron is all Pym is good for, you should actually be less upset about this, since it's not tarnishing a character you care about; just one you apparently only see as a tool for a storyline you want directly adapted just because "it was that way in the comics."
Well said dude.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:25 PM   #71
Mr. Dent

Here we go. Told you guys to prepare yourselves to accept Pym not creating Ultron in the MCU. It makes the most sense in the MCU to have Ultron be created by Stark and the teaser hinted at it.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Old 07-21-2013, 01:26 PM   #72
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
They're not messing with time travel. A marvel exec was quote yesterday saying that.
That sucks. I want to think it's misdirection, but I'm prepared for Stark being the sole creator.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #73
babykhris
Side-Kick

Do you guys listen to what you post. Ant Man needs the create Ultron to be relevant? We all knew his film was coming AFTER Avengers 2. If you want to be mad at anyone be mad at Edgar Wright for taking a million years to shoot Ant-Man.

Wright has said he wanted to shoot a comedic-tone film and we know Ultron wouldn't be the villain in an Ant-Man film. If the only thing you can say about Hank Pym is he created Ultron, then what does he bring to the team besides history?

Old 07-21-2013, 01:29 PM   #74
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Hahahaha not once did I say it's okay for tony to betray the planet and destroy millions, you do realize that the it would be an accident right? Tony wouldn't be plotting some evil plan. And hank very well can be introduced in AOU. I'm just saying if he isn't, and it's tony that creates Ultron in the context of the MCU it makes sense. With what we've seen from IM3.
No, the point is, Pym does betray the planet and destroy millions of lives. That's how it happens. Of course it's an accident. But it still happens.

So if it happens to Tony instead, he becomes the guy everyone hates to hate. In Age of Ultron they delve into how half of the surviving MU wants to go back in time and kill Hank Pym to stop Ultron from being created. And I'm sure most of them had thought about it prior to that arc.

It makes NO sense to me to make Tony that guy instead. I don't want to hate to hate Stark. I want to hate to hate Pym. That's his dynamic.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #75
marcvader
Lurker #1

To me Ultron is Pyms crowning achievement not Pym particles. Ultron personified his need to look like the competent hero in to save the day. It all feeds into his inferiority complex. Take that away from him then what's the point.

Twitter- @mrpink13
VARTHA FOR MOD
Closed Thread