The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 02:59 PM   #101
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
So Whedon has stated Ultron is created from the existing Avengers? That confirms it then, its all about the Stark.
That doesn't mean it's all about him. You guys are so fickle. One day you're talking about how Marvel is awesome and as soon as something doesn't go the way you expected because "comic purity" Marvel sucks. How about you guys trust in Whedon and remember he's the reason all of this is possible in the first place. And THINK about why he would be doing this....BECAUSE IT MAKES SENSE.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #102
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Unless Wright decides to speed **** up, they're gonna just go ahead and have Stark be Ultron's maker. They want to do this storyline and Disney has no plans on waiting.
Disney/Marvel is probably going to push Ant-Man forward a bit if they don't want it getting destroyed by Bond.

I think Whedon isn't a fan the characters. The Avengers he picks are the ones he liked as a kid or enjoys writing. Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Wasp and Tigra are characters he said he likes. Also if Edgar is still insistent on keeping Pym an old man he who was Ant-Man back in the 1960s he might not see the point in having him create Ultron.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:01 PM   #103
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

We basically know Pym isn´t going to be the creator of Ultron.
This sucks since Pym is supposed to responsible, and the one to hate.

I agree, Stark shouldn´t be the guy to hate.

But what if we´ll not see Stark as the bad guy. Even if he made the AI and it became evil, does the hate have to fall upon him?
What if some other villain was directly responsible for the AI going crazy? Wouldn´t that take the blame of Tony?

Old 07-21-2013, 03:01 PM   #104
ares834
Side-Kick

Quote:
So Whedon has stated Ultron is created from the existing Avengers? That confirms it then, its all about the Stark.
Curious, but where does he say this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
So what? It's smart business on their part. Helps them make the most money.
Smart business=/=good movies.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:01 PM   #105
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
That doesn't mean it's all about him. You guys are so fickle. One day you're talking about how Marvel is awesome and as soon as something doesn't go the way you expected because "comic purity" Marvel sucks. How about you guys trust in Whedon and remember he's the reason all of this is possible in the first place. And THINK about why he would be doing this....BECAUSE IT MAKES SENSE.
Some people are just never happy no matter what. They could keep everything completely comic accurate and there would still be complaints about something. Bet you a million bucks.

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:03 PM   #106
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
So what? It's smart business on their part. Helps them make the most money.
I hate that Wolverine is Fox's main character. There are so many amazing X-Men. Ditto for The Avengers.

Excuse me for my priority not being lining their pockets with benjamins.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:04 PM   #107
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Stark creating Ultron? Makes sense to me within this universe. I will never get why people are so afraid of change itself.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:04 PM   #108
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
No, I've always hated the MCU being Starkcentric. Being a Cap fan I've always been annoyed by Stark always being front and center.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 07-21-2013, 03:05 PM   #109
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I hate that Wolverine is Fox's main character. There are so many amazing X-Men. Ditto for The Avengers.

Excuse me for my priority not being lining their pockets with benjamins.
Well then excuse them for their decisions on what characters to put front and center don't line up with what you want.You complain yet I'm sure you've seen all the films regardless, so either way your money is going their way.

Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:06 PM   #110
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

To be fair I don't think people are complaining that much or being hard on Marvel. I've heard people call for boycotts and say how certain changes have ruined the character in discussions about some superhero movies.

If you recent joiners think this is backlash then you ain't seen nothing yet

Old 07-21-2013, 03:07 PM   #111
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Quote:
No, I've always hated the MCU being Starkcentric. Being a Cap fan I've always been annoyed by Stark always being front and center.
Thing is, it's not gonna change so yep. You can still hate it, I'm just saying that's how it is.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:07 PM   #112
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
I totally thought A2 would be the right time to start weaning us off of Stark. Since it very well could be RDJ's last. They need to start emphasizing the spotlight on other heroes.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:07 PM   #113
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
How about we wait and see how Ultron is actually created? Tony might not do it alone, THE ENTIRE TEAM may have a hand in creating Ultron.

Also, in the end, all of this rage is based on the assumption that Hank Pym will be a big character in the MCU one day....an assumption that's completely unfounded and contradicts what Wright has said about his Ant-Man treatment in the past.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:09 PM   #114
roach
I am the night

Quote:
I totally thought A2 would be the right time to start weaning us off of Stark. Since it very well could be RDJ's last. They need to start emphasizing the spotlight on other heroes.
he's signed on for A2 and A3

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 07-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #115
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Well then excuse them for their decisions on what characters to put front and center don't line up with what you want.You complain yet I'm sure you've seen all the films regardless, so either way your money is going their way.
Maybe. I haven't paid to see an X-Men film since X3...

Old 07-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #116
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
he's signed on for A2 and A3
ah. well, point still stands.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #117
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

There is no confirmation yet that Stark creates Ultron just yet. It seems likely that he is the one who builds it but for all we know he might not.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #118
ares834
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
Stark creating Ultron? Makes sense to me within this universe. I will never get why people are so afraid of change itself.
So, if they completely changed Superman's origin but it made sense within the universe you would be ok with it?

Old 07-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #119
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

So now the whole "it's personal" thing comes into play. This **** happens because of the Pandora's Box Stark decides to open.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #120
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

I think all they need to do is this:

Fury: "Stark we need a way to catch the MoE and the Maximoffs. What is that?"
Stark: "It's the chassis I built to house the artificial intelligence program originally designed by Dr. Henry Pym. Designed to seek out and eliminate threats before they happen."
Fury: "You're a badmother ****er. What's it called?"
Stark: "Pym originally called it Ultron, I was thinking about calling it Mrs. Jarvis"

And then some evil guys capture it and install the Gem of Power and it's eyes light up red and it goes crazy.
End scene.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #121
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Quote:
Maybe. I haven't paid to see an X-Men film since X3...
Well your money not going towards origins is completely understandable. But by your logic it doesn't make sense why you didn't go see first class. An Xmen film that DIDN'T revolve around Wolverine. Seems to me from what you tell me tht would have been a movie you'd been wanting to see haha. You're just confusing man.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #122
BatsDC
Tranktastic

Thinking about it... Joss' comments on how the current team affect Ultron and how it changes makes me think that Hank could have created Ultron and that it has been a thing for a while now, he's just not in the movie. Then the team manage to do something to it (perhaps something to do with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver? Joss said they'd be causing trouble) that makes it go rogue...

Old 07-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #123
HUMANIMAL

is it so relevant who creates an ai robot goin on a rampage? it wont change ultron as a character.

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 07-21-2013, 03:17 PM   #124
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I could see the World Council creating an Ultron army based off Tony Stark's AI Jarvis and Armours as a response to the threat from Alien, super-powered beings, the avengers which they can't control and the fact shield are possibly infiltrated/corrupted in CA:WS.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:17 PM   #125
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares834 View Post
So, if they completely changed Superman's origin but it made sense within the universe you would be ok with it?
Lets be honest...everyone's origin in Avengers/MCU was changed

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Closed Thread